Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roy Gillotti

Real Name Roy Gillotti   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trashy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2003, 00:56
Total Comments 256 (Amateur)
User ID 17084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
6. Re: Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease? Sep 28, 2010, 10:46 Trashy

One of the first CD-ROM titles I bought for my 386 was the Wing Commander 1 & 2 with secret missions pack..I remembered waiting for the CD bundle to come out so I wouldn't have to buy the separate floppy disk versions.. I should just install it again on DOSBOX for the fun of it.. haven't played these games in about 15 years.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor System Specifications
15. Re: Medal of Honor System Specifications Sep 26, 2010, 09:04 Trashy

Huh the box on my shelf says...

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

* Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95 (Windows 2000 and Windows NT are not supported)
* 450 MHz Intel Pentium II or 500 MHz AMD Athlon processor
* 128 MB RAM
* 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
* 135 MB free hard disk space (additional space required for Windows swap-file, DirectX 8.0 installation and GameSpy installation).
* 16 MB OpenGL capable video card using an Nvidia GeForce3, Nvidia GeForce2, Nvidia GeForce 256, Nvidia Riva TNT2, Nvidia Riva TNT,
* ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro, ATI Rage 128, PowerVR3 Kyro II, or PowerVR Kyro chipset with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
* DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
* Keyboard
* Mouse

RECOMMENDED

* 700 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
* 32 MB or greater supported OpenGL capable video card with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
* GameSpy Arcade (to locate servers to play on)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2010, 17:58 Trashy

Considering the Price to power ratio, I'd stick with AMD hands down. I can put the money I save into something that actually matters to gaming, the Video card.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2010, 11:37 Trashy

Study: The Mere Thought of Violent Videogames Induces Aggression.

They also say Country Music causes more aggression than any other types of music.. so..

News Comments > DNF Interview
13. Re: DNF Interview Sep 11, 2010, 11:40 Trashy

ForgedReality:
Nobody cares about this anymore, if they ever did.

If that was true you wouldn't be posting comments on this thread. I for one care and looking forward to this game. Apparently I invalidate your whole statement.

News Comments > Valve Linux Port Plans?
7. Re: Valve Linux Port Plans? Sep 2, 2010, 19:23 Trashy

Some people forgot they already ported it once back in 2003.
http://www.fileplanet.com/126568/120000/fileinfo/Steam-v2.0-Beta-Client-%5BLinux%5D
This version only allowed people to download dedicated servers.

It would be great to see desktop linux games to be ported, but I have a feeling this will job will be for porting games to the mobile market.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:38 Trashy

I agree, I've always liked the staggered analog stick layout that the Gamecube / Xbox uses. my left thumb just doesn't get the same range of motion on a dual shock controller.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs
16. Re: World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs Aug 31, 2010, 08:13 Trashy

Cthulhu wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 00:04:
Trashy wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 22:34:
WoW came out before Macs decided to get lame. Once Apple switched to Intel hardware I lost any small shred of interest I had in Apple computers.
Lol.... wut?

Was what I wrote so hard for you to comprehend? Or do you people always reply with Lol... wut? when you want to sound witty but have no clue how to respond properly? I at least want a proper discussion.

So let me elaborate for those that need a little more explanation. World of Warcraft Beta came out in late 2004, Apple switched to Intel hardware in 2006. That explains the first part of my sentence.

Now what I mean by lame, is I liked the idea of PPC architecture for the sole fact it was different that a regular PC. Performance wise at the time it was hands down better than Intel hardware, the only drawback to PPC architecture was power consumption. It couldn't be scaled down easily for laptop use. Which is the big reason why they switched. Back then I could justify paying more for something different. I can't justify paying the fan-boy price for the same hardware I can get elsewhere for cheaper. Also MacOSX isn't enough to justify the premiums.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs
4. Re: World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs Aug 30, 2010, 22:34 Trashy

WoW came out before Macs decided to get lame. Once Apple switched to Intel hardware I lost any small shred of interest I had in Apple computers.  

News Comments > New ATI Drivers Add StarCraft II AA
5. Re: New ATI Drivers Add StarCraft II AA Aug 25, 2010, 18:18 Trashy

This makes me a happy camper.

"Borderlands" no longer fails after a duration of gameplay

News Comments > Valve Not Working on Linux Steam
21. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 23, 2010, 18:50 Trashy

Truthfully I haven't found any need for database software outside of manual SQL code. even Access seems to mangle what I want to do and it's easier to just code my queries by hand or automate it with a python script.

As for me Windows in general is a big slow down for my work, It has a limited tool box for what I need to get done, Linux I have an entire world of free tools to select from. I have to admit most of my work revolves working with several flavors of Unix (Solaris, AIX and Linux).

As for steam on linux most people forgot about this bastard child that valve released in 2003... It only allowed people to download dedicated servers though. It's most likely where the linux code came from that confused a bit of people.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 14, 2010, 09:40 Trashy

Yeah It's a fake. The new generation of computer illiterates may actually believe all this, because computers now do seem to just work. Which takes all the fun out of things or any reason for anybody to learn anything.  

News Comments > John Carmack: No New id IP for Years
25. Re: John Carmack: No New id IP for Years Aug 12, 2010, 18:20 Trashy

I really hope Rage is good, my fear is it's going to be like Borderlands without all the charm.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
4. Re: Safety Dance Aug 12, 2010, 10:07 Trashy

Or most likely they have a shady copy of Windows XP SP2 and are afraid of installing updates.  

News Comments > Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced
8. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 13:56 Trashy

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 11:20:
the Moxxy DLC disappointed me, so I hadn't downloaded Knoxx yet... but it seems like everyone raves about it. Think I just found out my distraction this evening

Moxxy was worth it just for the bank IMO, I've had some fun playing it with friends as well.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 4, 2010, 08:16 Trashy

Linux skills more in demand than Unix for the first time.

Truthfully not much difference in my mind, just some small nuances.

News Comments > Atari Financials
8. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 22:30 Trashy

The company that was the Atari Corporation back in the day is no more. What exists now is just the name and logo which was sold to Hasbro, then later taken by Infogrames.. which then named itself Atari, SA...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2010, 13:54 Trashy

As much as I love my PS3 for it's own reasons.. It's Social features, like friends, messaging and voice chat are poor compared to Xbox Live.

I've gotten in the habit to buy single player games on the PS3 and multiplayer on the Xbox 360.

1. 25 Years of the Model M Keyboard. Jul 9, 2010, 09:58 Trashy

Sadly at work I was kindly told not to use my Model M keyboard.. I was being too loud..  

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
28. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 2, 2010, 06:04 Trashy

Is this about my Cube?  

256 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo