Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roy Gillotti

Real Name Roy Gillotti   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trashy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2003, 00:56
Total Comments 257 (Amateur)
User ID 17084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > CrossOver Games for Linux and Mac
2. Re: If this works out Watchout Mar 25, 2008, 20:43 Trashy

All these games can work with the standard Wine, which is Free unlike CrossOver.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
13. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2008, 14:04 Trashy

Wouldn't call these Nerfs, Star Wars Galaxies did nerfs.. They Would kill an entire player Class on a whim.

These changes are Combat re-balancing and unlike any SOE game I've played Blizzard is adding solid content.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
6. Re: ... Mar 25, 2008, 11:47 Trashy

In the Patch notes when there referring to D&D they're mostly talking about the game system, not the D&D or Tolkien universe. Even though yeah it's pretty similar.

Most Role playing combat systems are based off or a derivative of the D&D combat system.

---
Oh and the person that doubted me this patch was going to hit this Tuesday can suck it.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 12:07.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Details, Trailer
6. Re: yay Mar 20, 2008, 00:13 Trashy

It will most likely be next Tuesday, I've noticed in the past it's typically been two weeks after they let you pre-download the majority of the patch with the Background Downloader.

Well for those booing the raid content.. it will also add a new 5 man instance and some truly amazing epic "Badge" Gear.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 00:15.

News Comments > More on the State of PC Gaming
5. Re: valve Mar 6, 2008, 23:01 Trashy

I know it's nice having bleeding top of the Line super graphics, but most people can play games at better than Console resolutions with the $250 dollar cards. No need to dish out $680 dollars for a video card that will cost a third it's price in 6 months.

my two cents

News Comments > C&C3 Limited Collection & RA3 Beta
6. Re: No subject Mar 1, 2008, 01:42 Trashy

Yeah I thought Rocket Arena 3 too...

News Comments > Quake Live Beta Signups
10. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 08:50 Trashy

The point of Quake Live isn't to pretty up and old game, it's just to try out making a solid embedded Web game out of the Quake 3 engine.

what others can make from this will possible be better. although having community match-ups and such may be pretty cool. I'm still a big fan of old school deathmatch so I'm very biased.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 08:51.

News Comments > Tyrant Studios Formed
5. and there next game.... Feb 12, 2008, 07:57 Trashy

From what I gathered there first game will be a WWII era Racing game, with cars with guns that will shoot at large talking skateboarding Pinatas!?!?

If so I will be buying.

News Comments > The Club Demo
11. Re: Intense Feb 10, 2008, 22:40 Trashy

Absolute port - they couldn't be bothered to remove the 360 icons

I can see why they didn't remove it, because you can plug a 360 controller to your PC. now it was lazy for them to not implement a solution to hide the buttons if a 360 controller isn't plugged in.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 22:42.

News Comments > Yahoo! Rejects Microsoft
3. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 17:24 Trashy

Don't think there even worth that much, I see where there coming from though... why be associated with Microsoft

News Comments > Dell Throws a Curve
3. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2008, 19:46 Trashy

yeah, no joke.. building a PC is a joke now, they think every PC should look like a pimped out Honda accord with everything glowing, It's hard to buy a cooling fan that doesn't glow or better yet a power supply that has a fan that glows.. I'm using the same case that I build my High end pentium II back in 1998, I use a 22 year old IBM clicky keyboard which I still think was the best keyboard made to date.

I liked building PC back in the 286/386 days.. nothing color coded, or even anything to prevent you from putting a cable in wrong. needed a special card for everything that's built on now..

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 19:50.

News Comments > Thursday Tech Bits
5. Re: Havent seen omega in a omega Dec 27, 2007, 21:57 Trashy

Wow.. haven't used Omega drivers since 3dfx days...

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. No subject Dec 21, 2007, 02:14 Trashy

**Public Service Announcement**

Just remember kids... Be a pal, don't let your friends play Star Wars Galaxies.

News Comments > EQ2 Transfer Controversy
11. Re: ... Dec 14, 2007, 17:15 Trashy

I wouldn't wish to see my worst enemy play an SOE game, let alone some one who wasn't.

News Comments > UT3 Linux Server "Very Very Soon"
6. good... but... Dec 8, 2007, 04:48 Trashy

Tell me when the promised Linux Client comes out. I'll buy the game then.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 06:44 Trashy

'cause everyone knows running everything through an emulation layer is faster than native code, thank the Linux gods for WINE.

I'm hoping this is sarcastic, because there have been several cases where the game was faster under WINE.

yeah no joke, my load times and frame rate are significantly faster with Wine on World of Warcraft and Half-life 2 then in XP SP2. I believe it's mostly because of the better performace in the file system.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 07:29 Trashy

Sorry guys, but Macs are now just over priced Dells with a different name... sure the operating systems pretty spiffy..

but if you want a Unix based operating system, just run Linux. .. the latest version of Wine, I can run Orange box and my vice World of Warcraft with no issues and if it boils down to it you can dual boot windows without too much trouble.

Also unlike Apple the Linux community are not slouches on security.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 07:32.

News Comments > New Star Wars Galaxies Chapter Today
1. hmmm Nov 1, 2007, 16:27 Trashy

I don't care how much they add to that game, it's still crap.

I'm waiting to see about those Kotor MMORPG rumors to materialize..

News Comments > Gold - Battlestar Galactica
6. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2007, 00:06 Trashy

Sounds just like it wants to be a Wing Commander game, although this may actually have better controls

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Cedega Oct 6, 2007, 04:55 Trashy

I've been primarily a linux for several years now and use Cedega for several games, however it's not perfect to say the least for example Steam and many of the newer games just have major issues. Although since the only game I been playing lately on the PC is World of Warcraft and it works fine for the most part, except for the new in game voice chat isn't working yet.

Cedega is a branch off of Wine, which is what the guru's call a Windows API layer for Linux (if you call it an emulator you get shunned on the forums)...

Cedega is on a subscription base payment system... what you pay for is developer time to get games working properly.. Customers can vote on games and features they want working on future builds. Cedega at least in the past had a free version of there software, that was lacking some features... however you can pay for a 3 months subscription and get cedega, what's good is if your subscription lapses you still can us it.. just can't get any updates..

Linux in general is a better OS that Windows. The learning curve is steep, but once you know it you will find Windows severely lacking. Linux has a much speedier file system. my load times on World of Warcraft is almost twice as fast in Linux and amazingly I get a solid 10 to 15FPS better in Linux with the same exact video settings.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 05:06.

257 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo