Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roy Gillotti

Real Name Roy Gillotti   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trashy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2003, 00:56
Total Comments 264 (Amateur)
User ID 17084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Cloud Plans
22. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:50 Trashy

OK >U your right, we are all wrong. your amazing control of the English language and debating skills makes you a god of all message boards and forums.

I'm done feeding your over-sized ego. you can go to bed now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. No subject May 30, 2008, 00:46 Trashy

edit, lagged double post

This comment was edited on May 30, 00:51.

19. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:24 Trashy

Regarding your claim of Steam's ability to prevent unauthorized use and distribution, actually Steam is less effective than other DRM systems at that because it is uniform. Since Steam's DRM is built into its client software and is uniform for all games on Steam, simply cracking the client itself cracks all of the games so they can be played without authenticating. So, the pirates actually love Steam because it provides virtually a one-stop shop for all of their free gaming needs.

Sure if we're talking about hardcore crackers and such, however Steam effectively shuts the general PC user from pirating the game easily. Forcing them to look in the more shady areas of the internet or paying for the game through an easy interface. most people choose the latter.

13. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:02 Trashy

>U
You must not read much then because his post is the usual bullshit smear seen from the RIAA and MPAA lobbies and their apologists.

LOL and your just as guilty when it comes to reading, since your bold statement just plays into my point exactly.

8. funny May 29, 2008, 23:28 Trashy

The only reason why people are bitter over anything relating to Steam is that it actually forces people to actually buy the games.

When you guys mention, privacy issues or DRM it's just a cover / easy excuse for what really bugs you and that is you can't steal games easily.

I would complain about steam if I had to buy the game each time I got a new computer or re-installed the OS, but seeing how I can re-install the game over and over and even on different computers the point is moot. This save feature will be welcomed in my opinion.

This comment was edited on May 29, 23:33.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
23. No subject May 23, 2008, 23:44 Trashy

It seems that Asus has few a Motherboards with this out already... luckly it can be disabled in the BIOS. I just hope game developers are smart enough to know this is a bad idea that will make them loose business.

This comment was edited on May 23, 23:52.

News Comments > Mobilization
1. No subject May 21, 2008, 22:00 Trashy

we can't get service for the iphone in Vermont as well. But just like any Apple product I'm not too interested in it.

News Comments > WoW Undocumented Changes
4. ah man... May 15, 2008, 01:12 Trashy

Shaman
* Fixed bug where it was possible to kill people with the Fire Nova Totem by logging out as it's exploding.

Ah they fixed my favorite bug, liked seeing my friend killing low level characters when logging out. the totems would go hostile even on allies after logging out.. good for a laugh.

News Comments > WoW Undocumented Changes
3. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 01:11 Trashy

bah double post
This comment was edited on May 15, 01:14.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Wolf 3D May 5, 2008, 21:00 Trashy

Wow, I feel old.. I was in High school when Wolf-3D first came out. Remember Home room talking to my friend on how "realistic" it was.

News Comments > Gold - Penny Arcade Adventures
36. No subject May 2, 2008, 00:49 Trashy

This comment was edited on May 2, 00:51.

35. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 00:49 Trashy

You think ad hominem is a vague Latin reference? Go to school, child.

I'm no child and I've been through college and been in the work force for well over a decade now. I must say your response, dare I say is kind of Childish.

Also by the way it is a vague reference, I'm pretty sure most people hit up Wikipedia like I did.

31. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 21:52 Trashy

So basically you have no real counter to his argument, and you have to resort to ad hominem attacks and appeals to popularity.

And your resorting to vague Latin references against my argument, What's your point? I did write more than what you quoted. Plus I had no issue with the rest of his argument except for what I put in quotes.

Also what I read of ad hominem doesn't your response to my message seem to fit along these lines as well? I'm not a Latin major so I'm curious.

This comment was edited on May 1, 22:13.

28. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 21:04 Trashy

Swearing is for the ignorant or depraved.

You lived a truly sheltered life if you truly believe that, You said that statement just to project yourself higher than everyone else.

Swear words are only as depraved as society makes them out to be, look at what swear words used to make our grandparents cringe 10-20 years ago, now a days they're use by the mass media, even by news anchors. I don't swear much I see no need to, but that statement is just off base.

Gabe and Tycho know that if they want to be fairly popular they need to be kind of edgy and compared to VGCats and ctrlaltdelete, they're fairly tame.

News Comments > How Valve Got Steamed
4. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 22:43 Trashy

I'm pretty sure Troika would of bombed even if they released Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines when they wanted too. The game play wasn't that good and it's graphics where poor even with the source engine and was rated poorly by many critics..

Not saying Valve didn't do something wrong.. just saying Troika had many things against them

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 07:24 Trashy

Is DirectX 11 going to be Windows 7 exclusive, or they're going to allow Vista to use it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: PC's Apr 24, 2008, 17:31 Trashy

My first computer I used at home was a Timex Sinclair. My first PC was a Tandy 1000HX with only 256k of Ram and an 8088 processor. Then upgraded to and an Amstrad640 laptop 640k 8086 that thing must of weighted 25 pounds easily.. After Many years behind the times,I built an AMD 386sx 40mhz system with 4 megs of Ram, 260meg hard drive, SoundBlaster 2.0 and a 2x CD-ROM.

I have an original IBM PC case, I stuck a AMD K6-3 system in it, It Barely fit and had replace the Innards of the Power supply to a modern one. I still use it as a Windows 98 machine, to run DOS games and such.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 17:34.

News Comments > Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown
30. hmm... Apr 18, 2008, 23:41 Trashy

It's most likely a countdown for a book release, you know those things made from sheets of flattened tree pulp and letters marked on it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: eh? Apr 18, 2008, 23:00 Trashy

Strong Language there "The Advocate" AMD is the only reason we're still not paying $1200 on those top end Intel processors, Like the Pentium II 400mhz processors did in 1998. Competition is good, it drives down cost and until recently they where the best choice.

For my desktops I still Prefer AMD, Laptops on the other hand I will take my Core Duo 2.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 23:03.

News Comments > Mass Effect PC DLC Plans
14. Re: PC Mod Community Apr 18, 2008, 20:53 Trashy

Getting individual missions for a few bucks is something relatively new, and I don't think it's ever been given away for free?

Must of not been a PC gamer for long. like Jerykk said some companies give out maps and such for free. Also worth mentioning 3DRealms and Rockstar, Have been giving away there older titles away for free for years. Although not many people want to play Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold anymore.

264 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo