Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roy Gillotti

Real Name Roy Gillotti   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trashy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2003, 00:56
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 17084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Jack Thompson Disbarment Recommended
7. Re: ... Jun 4, 2008, 21:49 Trashy

@Kosumo:
Well if just he wanted to Lobby the enforcement of Violent games to Minors then I'd be OK with it. However he wants the game to be not sold period and that's where it's crossing the line in my opinion and what your missing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis: No More Patches, Linux Server on Hold
87. No subject Jun 2, 2008, 08:08 Trashy

For me just by looking at the previews I could tell the game wasn't even worth the effort to even pirate it, let alone drop $50 dollars on.

But that's my opinion..

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC DLC Coming
41. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2008, 09:23 Trashy

@Cliffski

content is way harder to produce than it used to be. Adding a new free map to Doom was no great piece of effort. Textures were basic at best, no mip maps, no lightmaps, no shadows, no complex scripting, 16 bit or 256 colors, supporting only 1 game mode (deathmatch).

I think you must of been in the Bermuta triangle from 1994 to 2007 or something.

I've been doing Level editing since the Doom times, up to the newer Unreal Engine / Quake 4 / Torque engine and creating Maps hasn't changed too drastically over the years.. I do agree Model editing, and scripting and such have greatly got more complex.. but that's about it.

The problem is Developers are not releasing tool kits to the Modding community as much as they used to.

Luckily COD 4 seems to have some tools available and I'm actually I'm reading up on it now, I may dive into it today and see what I can do...

http://cod4boards.com/modding-mapping/452-call-duty-4-mod-tools-sdk.html

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 09:27.

News Comments > Tech Bits
4. Re: nv linux driver Jun 1, 2008, 05:16 Trashy

You need Blue to give a small Ant Icon as a sig to put next to your submitted links, it would be easier to see

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 05:44.

32. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2008, 03:39 Trashy

I never played COD 4 single player yet, it's a very good multiplayer experience in my opinion. My gaming background includes a lot of basement LAN parties, which is mostly competitive play.

In fact I can't wait for my next LAN party in a few weeks... I have a score to settle in COD 4 with a few friends.

Co-op play is good icing on the cake for many games, just not a big priority for me.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 03:43.

18. Re: No subject May 31, 2008, 23:54 Trashy

Indeed, for the most part they gave out free content just as thanks to the gaming community. They didn't need money from cooperate sponsors as an excuse. Just shows how the gaming industry is heading more towards the industry part than the gaming.

Not saying I won't enjoy this map pack.. just it never used to be called DLC, it was just expected to see free maps and such after the game was released.
This comment was edited on Jun 1, 00:00.

News Comments > Tech Bits
2. Re: nv linux driver May 31, 2008, 21:50 Trashy

Nice about the Linux drivers, I will give Fedora 9 another shot now that's resolved...

Report: young adults most clueless about Digital TV switch.

I get the Digital part but whats this TV people are referring to?

This comment was edited on May 31, 21:51.

News Comments > Valve on PC Gaming
2. Re: STEAM May 30, 2008, 21:03 Trashy

Well they never seem to link real sales figures from steam, This article been thrown around a lot.

I tend to believe it, no one I know wants the Console version of Orange box and the guy at my local Gamestop says he only sold a half dozen copies of the it for the 360 and hasn't seen anyone get the PS3 version.. Not that I live in the biggest community.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/02/21/gdc_will_steam_add_movies_music/

Doug Lombari: We were very happy with both the Xbox 360 and PS3 sales. I think the Xbox 360 version did just over a million, while the PS3 [released later in December] version did a few hundred thousand copies. So I think when all is said and done, The Orange Box will have sold about 1.5 million copies on the console, which is great. But the game's PC sales were much stronger.

Rob Wright: How much stronger, exactly?

Doug Lombari: I'd say significantly stronger, at least a two-digit percentage increase over the console sales. And that includes Steam sales, retail sales, and now individual sales of Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode 2. So when you take the PC numbers for The Orange Box a la carte, they're significantly higher.

News Comments > Steam Cloud Plans
22. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:50 Trashy

OK >U your right, we are all wrong. your amazing control of the English language and debating skills makes you a god of all message boards and forums.

I'm done feeding your over-sized ego. you can go to bed now.

21. No subject May 30, 2008, 00:46 Trashy

edit, lagged double post

This comment was edited on May 30, 00:51.

19. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:24 Trashy

Regarding your claim of Steam's ability to prevent unauthorized use and distribution, actually Steam is less effective than other DRM systems at that because it is uniform. Since Steam's DRM is built into its client software and is uniform for all games on Steam, simply cracking the client itself cracks all of the games so they can be played without authenticating. So, the pirates actually love Steam because it provides virtually a one-stop shop for all of their free gaming needs.

Sure if we're talking about hardcore crackers and such, however Steam effectively shuts the general PC user from pirating the game easily. Forcing them to look in the more shady areas of the internet or paying for the game through an easy interface. most people choose the latter.

13. Re: funny May 30, 2008, 00:02 Trashy

>U
You must not read much then because his post is the usual bullshit smear seen from the RIAA and MPAA lobbies and their apologists.

LOL and your just as guilty when it comes to reading, since your bold statement just plays into my point exactly.

8. funny May 29, 2008, 23:28 Trashy

The only reason why people are bitter over anything relating to Steam is that it actually forces people to actually buy the games.

When you guys mention, privacy issues or DRM it's just a cover / easy excuse for what really bugs you and that is you can't steal games easily.

I would complain about steam if I had to buy the game each time I got a new computer or re-installed the OS, but seeing how I can re-install the game over and over and even on different computers the point is moot. This save feature will be welcomed in my opinion.

This comment was edited on May 29, 23:33.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
23. No subject May 23, 2008, 23:44 Trashy

It seems that Asus has few a Motherboards with this out already... luckly it can be disabled in the BIOS. I just hope game developers are smart enough to know this is a bad idea that will make them loose business.

This comment was edited on May 23, 23:52.

News Comments > Mobilization
1. No subject May 21, 2008, 22:00 Trashy

we can't get service for the iphone in Vermont as well. But just like any Apple product I'm not too interested in it.

News Comments > WoW Undocumented Changes
4. ah man... May 15, 2008, 01:12 Trashy

Shaman
* Fixed bug where it was possible to kill people with the Fire Nova Totem by logging out as it's exploding.

Ah they fixed my favorite bug, liked seeing my friend killing low level characters when logging out. the totems would go hostile even on allies after logging out.. good for a laugh.

News Comments > WoW Undocumented Changes
3. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 01:11 Trashy

bah double post
This comment was edited on May 15, 01:14.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Wolf 3D May 5, 2008, 21:00 Trashy

Wow, I feel old.. I was in High school when Wolf-3D first came out. Remember Home room talking to my friend on how "realistic" it was.

News Comments > Gold - Penny Arcade Adventures
36. No subject May 2, 2008, 00:49 Trashy

This comment was edited on May 2, 00:51.

News Comments > Gold - Penny Arcade Adventures
35. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 00:49 Trashy

You think ad hominem is a vague Latin reference? Go to school, child.

I'm no child and I've been through college and been in the work force for well over a decade now. I must say your response, dare I say is kind of Childish.

Also by the way it is a vague reference, I'm pretty sure most people hit up Wikipedia like I did.

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo