Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roy Gillotti

Real Name Roy Gillotti   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trashy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2003, 00:56
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 17084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2009, 08:56 Trashy

I dont know about anyone else but that story is creeping me out, I assume that was a CRT monitor that exploded, I didnt even know it could fucking do that.

I'm 99.9% sure a monitor can't do that unless somebody put a bomb in it.

I'm calling foul play myself on that story.. Computers / CRTs in general just don't blow up, even when they catch fire.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Footage
19. Re: Mass Effect 2 Footage Mar 28, 2009, 06:47 Trashy

Mass Effect is a great movie/story with game elements.

the cookie cutter random levels where kind of lame sure.. But the main storyline levels where definitely good.

If your looking for a straight up shooter this isn't your type of game.

Now post a game that you like and I can bash it for not being a game that I wanted it to be.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2009, 06:49.

News Comments > Apogee Freeware
2. Re: Apogee Freeware Mar 20, 2009, 22:31 Trashy

Nice Pharaoh's Tomb.. I rocked out my 8088 on that puppy long time ago. time to revisit it.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Screenshots?
10. Re: Wolfenstein Screenshots? Mar 17, 2009, 00:23 Trashy

CoD4 claims to be an all new proprietary engine, But in the fine print on the box and jewel case there is a disclaimer that says, software technology from Id software. Meaning they based enough code off id's to necessitate a disclaimer.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2009, 00:25.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Screenshots?
4. Re: Wolfenstein Screenshots? Mar 16, 2009, 22:36 Trashy

The screenshots are labeled copyright by "iD" which leaves me a little suspicious. They didn't register their business under that name, did they?

All my game boxes have "id" no capital letters. Any copyright information says idsoftware

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2009, 22:36.

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
9. Re: WoW Patch Plans Feb 25, 2009, 18:31 Trashy

I don't see anything in the patch that's horrid, although I play a druid primarily so I'm always loved by blizzard.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 14, 2009, 05:14 Trashy

I have to break out my old 386 for Chuck Yeager's Advanced flight Sim and Advance Combat Sim games... loved both games back in the day...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 27, 2009, 16:37 Trashy

I'm not poor or old, I just came to the conclusion I don't watch TV enough to justify paying for Cable. I bought a USB ATSC tuner and have it on my media PC. I get every Major network in HD with just rabbit ears, so no complaint here

As for the delay it seems a little silly seeing they have been excessivly playing commercials for it on every channel.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Russia - Linux Jan 26, 2009, 06:11 Trashy

Linux - You get what you pay for.

But we didn't pay anything

The Prosecution rests You Honour

LOL nice!

Yes very Witty, but if you where trying to make a valid point you failed miserable.

Lets See Windows I pay at least $129 for and get absolutely nothing in the way of an office suite, Programming tools, burning software and Games. Where as most Linux bundles comes with all that included and most are better maintained then there paid equivalents.

Gaming wise sure most new Windows games have issues with running on Wine, but if your talking about a functional OS, most Linux Distributions are vastly better when it comes to performance and features. Linux is different, wouldn't say it's difficult. MacOS IMO is kind of a hybrid in between. It has the limitations of being developed in a closed group, but since it's Unix based it has the benefits of the Open source community.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2009, 22:16 Trashy

Nice Donnie Darko reference Blue!

Or is that Harvey?

It's no doubt Harvey, The younger generation doesn't remember being bombarded by the retro 1950s television in the 80s.

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Writers from The Simpsons, Futurama .... Dec 19, 2008, 01:01 Trashy

I can see why The Simpsons and Futurama writers would want to work with Manatees on a group experiment. There like cows of the sea.

News Comments > $6,000 Video Game Chair
6. Re: $6,000 Video Game Chair Dec 17, 2008, 11:22 Trashy

what I did..

• comfy office chair with leather wrapped padded metal arms. $99 staples

• thin flat board, but sturdy. $4

• Machine screw drill/tap set. $6

• Machine Screw/Washers X3 $3

• Mouse pad material $? got for free

• I measured out the board and cut it so the board the board would slide under the right arm rest but had some more sticking out the front. Kind of like the shape of Utah but flipped over(right handed). Attached the mouse pad material with spray on 3M adhesive.

I Measured out the holes and drilled them, used the machine screw tap to thread the holes for the screws. The armrest's leather wrapping could be unzipped so I poked holes where the screws would go through it. then at this point just attach the board to the arm rest with the machine screws and washers.

Just like that a comfy chair that I can lean back in, has a built on mouse pad I play games with the keyboard in my lap. All for less than $125 bucks.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2008, 11:27.

News Comments > Linux Steam Clues
    20. Re: Linux Steam Clues Nov 30, 2008, 01:01 Trashy

No, there really isn't anything on Linux comparable to Cubase

I believe Cubase works fine with linux with the latest version of Wine. according to Winehq's App database.

News Comments > Linux Steam Clues
    13. Re: Linux Steam Clues Nov 29, 2008, 21:49 Trashy

In response to Carver

You seem like a Linux Novice that had troubles figuring it all out and just claim Linux sucks because it was frustrating.

At work Windows annoys the piss out of me how limiting and slow it is, Luckily I finally got approval for a Linux Install on my workstation and it's been great ever since.

At home I have been using Linux for just about a decade. I've dual booted until about 4 years ago.

I've Got CoD4 running alright, currently WoW on Linux with my hardware runs better than the same machine in windows, better frame rate, faster load times.

Granted I'm very familiar with Linux, so I can fix many of the speed bumps that people have. Not saying every thing is nice for example ATI needs to get on the ball with the drivers, for some reason they can't seem to fix graphical glitches and such.

This is what I think Windows needs to get me back.

• Get a filesystem that doesn't suck. Why is it so slow?

• Reduce the fluff that requires an operating system to use over a gig of ram at Idle.

• Create a Registry system that doesn't cause the system to gradually slow over a period of time.

• Improved security that doesn't impede the user.

• Better applications from an OS you have to pay for, for the price of the Ultimate edition you should be able to get a real text editor

•  

News Comments > Into the Black
    4. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2008, 21:39 Trashy

Sad to hear about Michael Crichton. Most of his books are great, well before the movie version bastardizes them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Penny Arcade Adventures, Episode Two, Demo
    4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Penny Arcade Adventures, Episode Two, Demo Oct 30, 2008, 00:33 Trashy

Yes you should z0dd, I however will enjoy it.

Some people just don't get their type of humor, I have to agree that some of there stuff is out there. but for the most part I find it entertaining. But hey there where plenty of people that didn't get Gary Larson's The Far Side which I loved.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 29, 2008, 23:40 Trashy

Wow Sega Genesis turns 20... I spent a lot of time during my high school years playing it..

Was late getting mine.. got the core system 2 when it first came out.

News Comments > Prey for Linux Demo
    4. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 23, 2008, 23:55 Trashy

I never got around to playing the game... I may get the Linux version seeing that it's available.

I Switched to Linux full time 5 years and go and haven't looked back. I have 3 lifetimes worth of games so not too concerned with not playing every single new game that comes out.. WoW plays excellent with Wine. got CoD4 working with a bunch of tweaking...

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 00:01.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans
    13. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans Oct 22, 2008, 20:28 Trashy

seems like the pallys and warlocks and druids get thier lvl 60 epic mounts from thier trainers now! No more questing for them!

have to wonder if you still can do the quests to get them at level 60 or 70 in the case of druids.

News Comments > The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft Patch
    4. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 23:48 Trashy

Hardy Boys was old and stale when I was of age to read the books in 1984..

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo