Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wetworks

Real Name Wetworks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2003, 11:01
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 17066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 18:17 Wetworks

Minecraft popularized the concept of early access. The difference is that Minecraft was actually a unique game that gave you hundreds of hours of gameplay right from the start. Unlike 95% of early access games out now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
27. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 18:52 Wetworks

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 17:39:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 17:18:
do they still have a text-to-speech engine for the NPC voices? that sounds so stupid...

That's obviously a placeholder.

Wetworks wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 16:09:
You've got to be kidding, a vanity pet doesn't do anything for you. A whole new race with racial abilities is a major part of the game.

And what are these abilities? +5 to speechcraft and a once-a-day power that boosts combat effectiveness by 5% for an hour? Because that's all the different races have ever offered in TES games. I don't even consider that discrete content, so to call it a "major part of the game" is just asinine. Playing an Imperial is just a different aesthetic, the most boring one of all IMO, so if you don't want that the digital Imperial edition is hardly worth the extra money.

If you can't understand how races are an important part of an MMO experience I don't know what to tell you. This could be a large part of your MMO identity for years.

Stop trying to justify Bethesda's cash grab, paying a $15 monthly sub should entitle you to all the race choices. There's no other acceptable way of doing it without trampling all over your customer base. This reeks of Bethesda counting on going f2p within a year of launch.

16. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 16:09 Wetworks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:50:
Wetworks wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:33:
Drayth wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:12:
How is that pay to win? It's not like Imperials come with a machine gun or something.

This is a plain cash grab by Bethesda. When you charge $60 for a boxed copy + $15 a month subscription fee ALL non cosmetic content should be available to everyone. A monthly subscription fee means you are entitled to all the gameplay relevant content in the game.

Having an exclusive race would only be acceptable for F2p games or mmo's with no sub fees. Imagine if Wow had an exclusive race for people who only bought the collectors edition.

The race doesn't do anything for you.

Got in the Imperial Edition for $60.00 - thank you GMG.
/Might also get a boxed copy to add to my CE stuff, but right now it was a no brainer to get the Imperial for the same price as vanilla......

You've got to be kidding, a vanity pet doesn't do anything for you. A whole new race with racial abilities is a major part of the game.

14. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 15:33 Wetworks

Drayth wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:12:
How is that pay to win? It's not like Imperials come with a machine gun or something.

This is a plain cash grab by Bethesda. When you charge $60 for a boxed copy + $15 a month subscription fee ALL non cosmetic content should be available to everyone. A monthly subscription fee means you are entitled to all the gameplay relevant content in the game.

Having an exclusive race would only be acceptable for F2p games or mmo's with no sub fees. Imagine if Wow had an exclusive race for people who only bought the collectors edition.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2014, 15:42.

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
12. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 20:55 Wetworks

I've been having a blast with Hearthstone and don't find it grindy at all. Just do the dailies and you'll be all set. You don't even have to complete the daily every day as they last 3 days.

This makes it perfect to just drop in and play for an hour here an there. There is enough depth and complexity with 8 classes that you can have a lot of fun trying different decks out. It'll be a little slow at first as you build up your card pool.

My advice is just do dailies and play arena when you have the gold. Arena will give you 1 free pack guaranteed.

One of the biggest things I like about Hearthstone is just the production values, a lot of card games are browser only and just look cheap. This is a flashy game with lots of depth and production value that is super fun to play.

I've spent 0 dollars and already have a nice collection of cards and decks to play.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2013, 21:11.

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
6. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 15:39 Wetworks

I bought Scrolls when it first came out but it wasn't worth it to me to keep playing it. For some unforgivable reason Scrolls doesn't work with Avast antivirus. I have to disable Avast just to play Scrolls, even after all these months the problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Doesn't really matter, I'm having so much fun in Hearthstone that I doubt I'll ever go back to playing Scrolls.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 19:10 Wetworks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:26:
They understand that MODS increase sales. duh. DLC kills sales and fragments communities. DLC is rarely > MODS.

That's too simplistic a statement, there are certain styles of games that majorly benefits from mods, mostly sandbox style games. In fact, locking down the base game from mods + pumping out dlc and microtransactions is becoming the norm. Games like BF4, Borderlands 2, COD, Sims 3, Crysis 3, etc...

People will happily spend $15 for a map pack that use to be free with mods. Also, there are no mods on consoles so a lot of companies will not even bother to support it on the pc side.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 18:23 Wetworks

The fact that Bethesda even allows mods for their games speaks to their love of the PC community. Steam workshop and skyrim nexus are major bonuses for the PC version. In the days of microtransactions and dlc in every game we got a game that was good for hundreds of hours of gameplay with no extra purchase required.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
27. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 02:14 Wetworks

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 02:05:
Being hardcore at a casual game which is stat based is not something to be proud of. WoW is passive gear/stat based. Being a hardcore wow raider is like being a hardcore quick time eventer. Wow is a super casual game that's why it was so successful. Games have been so watered down because of games like wow.

Wow had some of the hardest raids in the history of gaming. Raids that were so hard that 40 skilled, dedicated raiders couldn't beat the raids despite hundreds of attempts. Raids like Sunwell were notorious for breaking guilds apart because it was so tough. People were so fed up with failure that they would leave the guild for greener pastures.

Only someone who has never done server first, high level raiding would say it requires no skill? There's a high level of tension involved when one mistake from one person can wipe a raid of 40 people and waste 30 minutes of time and hundreds of gold worth of reagents. Don't underestimate the hand/eye coordination required either, you have to pay attention to your rotation, what the boss is doing, the phase of the encounter, moving your character out of dangerous environmental and lethal spell effects, all while coordinating with your fellow guild mates.

Of course, farming the gear you need in the first place, raising enough gold to buy the proper jewels to slot in your equipment and have high level enchants on all your items, learning the best rotation for your build and class, picking the proper build for the encounter, etc...

All that takes a lot of work and dedication.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
25. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 02:00 Wetworks

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 00:56:
World of warcraft is the game for non gamers, that's why it's so successful. It doesn't require any reflexes or make demands on the player like quake/doom/descent and I believe it was ultima underworld that had 3D first person combat (even though it is seriously old). I was disappointed that RPG's went super casual passive non participatory combat.

Try getting into a Top 10 Wow raiding guild and see what they say to your "skills". Wow is successful because it has lots of content for the casual player. It also has really hard content for hardcore raiders.

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
9. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 24, 2013, 06:13 Wetworks

I actually prefer to pay a sub for a game that I am willing to invest a lot of time in. I just don't have the time to really invest in an mmo anymore. Which is where f2p comes in, you can play a little bit of a f2p game and not have to worry about wasting money.

From what I've heard people have really enjoyed the Mists of Pandaria expansion. In fact the main complaint I've heard is that Blizz has been adding so much content so fast that people can't complete them all in a timely fashion.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
12. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 12, 2013, 23:28 Wetworks

I hope Sony supports the PS4 controller for PC. The touch screen on the controller looks like a useful addition over the Xbox version.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 09:55 Wetworks

I like how their own website can't even get the facts right. They claim Titanfall and Spark as Xbox exclusives yet both of these are coming to PC.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
45. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 22:40 Wetworks

Endo wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:39:
Whey the frack do every one of these review sites have the articles in multiple pages (some as many as 24!) with no option to view it all as one page? No thanks, I'll pass.

I'd rather they have 24 pages and a drop down list. I can't be bothered trying to find relevant information on 1 giant page. With the drop down menu I can switch between benchmarks and parts of the article I'm interested in reading.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2013, 23:33 Wetworks

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 22:17:
Defiance on 4 is far more curious... is it a decent game or not?

Most reviews give it around a 6-7/10. It's one of those games that isn't that great but you still end up having fun playing despite it's flaws.

If they keep fixing bugs and adding content it'll probably be worth buying on sale.

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin
12. Re: Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin Apr 18, 2013, 21:54 Wetworks

Keith wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 20:58:
It's first-person, not third-person.

It's third person and first person, you can toggle the camera view back and forth. I play it in 3rd person since you get better situational awareness of your environment.

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin
9. Re: Firefall Open Beta in July; Signups Begin Apr 18, 2013, 17:35 Wetworks

It's a third person shooter mmo that's half shooter and half crafting.

The problem is the crafting interface is confusing and a pain to use. All your gear comes from going out into the world and collecting resources, then crafting them into new gear.

There's no leveling system in the game, no levels + confusing crafting progression means it's very hard to get a sense of progression in the game. They'll need to address this in future patches if they want to keep casual players.

They also need more variety in content, going out into the open world is fun and thumper missions are entertaining but they can only keep you going for so long.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 5 man instanced dungeons in the game to break the monotony.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
35. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 22, 2013, 13:59 Wetworks

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:28:
Why pay anything for anything when in a hundred years the copyright will expire and it will enter public domain?

You're missing the point, they're lucky I'm even considering buying it at all. It's either I pick it up for $5 or I just forgot about it and start working on the huge backlog of games in my Steam library.

I picked up the first game day 1, the 2nd I can wait.

32. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 22, 2013, 02:52 Wetworks

You must not be following Steam sales or sales from any other digital distributor because paying full price, even $15 is not a hot deal.

Why pay $15 when I can pick it up for $7.50 or $5 within a few months? I was pretty clear in my statement, the novelty has worn off for me so it's not worth a day 1 purchase.

12. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 13:08 Wetworks

Beat the first game in 28hrs in old school mode according to Steam. Had fun and it scratched an itch but I'm not really jonsing for more. I'll probably pick it up during a Steam sale though.

The combat was fun for a while but a bit shallow for my taste. The puzzles and atmosphere however were great.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo