Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wookiestick

Real Name Wookiestick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wookiestick
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 13, 2003, 03:42
Total Comments 146 (Novice)
User ID 17031

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 30, 2013, 19:31 Wookiestick

Fallout 3 DLC... the frequency of that friggin' games sales on Xbox Live are a joke. It is easily on sale 5 times a year, and for a 5 year old game that is quite a bit. I think the marketing people don't even try to plan ahead for these sales they just throw the same crap they do every holiday, and every once in a while you get a good game or something unique thrown in.

And Yes I am bitter lol

Love thy wookie.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
19. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 13, 2013, 16:28 Wookiestick

Sadly, I could not get the publicly available Quake 1 map sources to open in this editor.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
17. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 23:45 Wookiestick

There is a notable quantity of people still in Quake, second only perhaps to Doom and other first generation fps games from the mid 90's. I haunt the Quakeone.com forums just because of the huge amount of people still modding for this game.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers
4. Geforce Experience Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Wookiestick

Saw/got the update through the new Geforce Experience Beta Software. Love this program-- makes tweaking my games visually a cinch.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Blood Revival Shelved
25. Re: Blood Revival Shelved Feb 16, 2013, 17:01 Wookiestick

This made me a little sad, I love Blood. It, in my humble subjective opinion, is one of the most underrated games of all time. Also, thanks to Jace Hall for pushing to make this happen-- you, sir, rock. I wish more devs had his philosophies.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
14. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 11:02 Wookiestick

Thanks for throwing Dead Space PC fans a bone. A heavily gnawed, chewed on bone with bite marks that spell out console port.
Seriously, give us something... uncompressed textures, some dx 10+ eye candy...

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Half-Life Prototype Footage
11. Re: Half-Life Prototype Footage Jan 9, 2013, 16:55 Wookiestick

http://bit.ly/11bebUX

Mirror: http://bit.ly/VhHu4Y

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code
10. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code Nov 27, 2012, 14:12 Wookiestick

NamecaF wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:59:
... could use the original Doom 3 assets and resources with the new code to effectively get Doom 3 BFG edition for free?
Possibly, but the BFG edition also has re-done artwork, and any art assets pulled from the game would be against the GPL.
But the new lighting, sound, anything that is pure code could theoretically be back ported to the old doom. Doom 3 BFG though may have new entities that the old Doom 3 may not have had, so that would be a lot of work.
There has been surprisingly little activity in the Doom 3 (original) source code ports, as far as I know just iodoom3 and I don;t even think there are any public releases of that yet.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
9. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 11:26 Wookiestick

I am frankly surprised this series has not gone the way of Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and other rhythm games and over-saturated the market and stalled.

Too frequent releases and minimal features added on.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 16, 2012, 13:50 Wookiestick

Oh "it's not 'metro' [anymore], it's the 'Windows 8' interface."
--Microsoft

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
6. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 11:39 Wookiestick

I don't believe "Le Journal du Gamer".  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support
15. Re: Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support Sep 4, 2012, 18:58 Wookiestick

Windows XP-- she was a great horse, but now she's off to the glue factory.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
2. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 15:51 Wookiestick

This will be an interesting digital experiment. I for one hope it doesn't happen, but think about it...

What would happen if Steam was to go out of business? Did you buy the game or rent it? Yeah they've said they would unlock the DRM on the games, but talk is cheap.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
16. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 18:14 Wookiestick

Oh hell yes!
For real, back in my high school days I used to play this game on T.E.N. and over direct dial up connections along with Quake (via PCanywhere software) and Duke Nukem 3d.
The first Blood is one of the most underrated PC shooters. It came out during an explosion of "me too" games that wanted to cash in on the popularity of the first person shooter craze that Wolf3D, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake had paved. Had it come out a year earlier I think it would have done better (it came out 6 months before Quake 2). What it lacked in cutting edge tech with design changes to polygonal 3D, it completely made up for in personality.
It was gory as all shit, it was fun to play, had funny catch phrases injected with pop culture references, many moments of extreme excellence in level design, it was a BLAST in coop, fun deathmatch (blood bath). Critics derived that was much too much like Duke3d but I disagree.
If this post is genuinely by Jason Hall I for one am totally hoping this happens, or at the very least somehow release the source code for the community to add. I am also willing to help wherever I can.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 11, 2012, 11:44 Wookiestick

I was playing during the great lag quake for Diablo 3. Luckily I am not hardcore for hardcore, but there was a lot of complaining in general chat.
I did die though.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale?
37. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 14:35 Wookiestick

Well, CoD can only ride the wave for so long. Just like any other market plan for, say a MMORPG like WoW...
You can only release an addon/expansion/sequel with refined gameplay with success for so long. It climbs, plateaus, and then falls. WoW peaked around 2010 and has slowly lost revenue, though still remains profitable.
I personally think CoD has hit that middle point. Maybe that's why they are eying a sale of this nature. Sell it before it's value goes down in stock.

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
49. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 16:35 Wookiestick

If the console version has coop I will be all over it, otherwise no.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2012, 11:47 Wookiestick

I'd be curious to know if UE4 won't support Wii U because it isn't fast enough or because of it's vastly different CPU/GPU architecture isn't worth the effort.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Tech 4 SDK Plans
2. Re: Tech 4 SDK Plans Mar 16, 2012, 16:48 Wookiestick

Sorry for being slightly off subject, but has anyone made any sort of publically accessible improvements with the Doom 3 source code yet? A search turns up nothing.  

Love thy wookie.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 11, 2012, 13:03 Wookiestick

Just bought the CM Sirus headset last month. Very nice hardware, though the optional analog hookups don't have the degree of tweaking control the onboard USB/DAC has.  

Love thy wookie.

146 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo