Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 567 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2011, 17:18 Kobalt

Still confused why people were surprised rage sucked. Doom 3 and even Quake 3 in a way showed that id was living in the past and probably should just make engines to license out. Well they probably can still make a good competitive online fps so I'm confused why their last two games were single player which they are weak at. Even more confusing is they went almost an entire console generation without a engine to license out, letting epic get all the money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 12:36 Kobalt

Was hoping for san andreas 2  

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Details
5. Re: Blizzard DOTA Details Oct 23, 2011, 16:39 Kobalt

Blizzard seems really butthurt valve is the one that made dota 2 first.  

News Comments > WoW Real Money Trading
16. Re: WoW Real Money Trading Oct 12, 2011, 00:44 Kobalt

Fion wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 18:03:
Don't get me started in Binding. I've been fighting against it since the idea was introduced in EQ and became mainstream with WoW.

If you have a better idea let's hear it. No binding is ok in games where items didn't matter that much(asheron's call). Or games where there's little to no crafting(everquest). It's funny, everquest 2 and wow got released pretty close together, and eq2 had very little gear that bound to you. They had to change it because people would buy crafted gear, and when they got better, put their old armor on the ah. Of course this led to crafted stuff going for less then it cost to make. Pretty big deal in a game that put a lot of focus on crafting.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
46. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 09:08 Kobalt

Not sure why people were expecting the next big thing with this honestly. id really has not made a innovative game since quake 1. Even back in the day the single player of quake 2 was bad. The only thing that they changed besides graphics from quake 1 was the railgun.

I remember the beta for quake 3(id were early pioneers of just calling demos beta) was seen as good for the time when it first came out. However even then I questioned if it was worth the money with no single player and only deathmatch(carmack all but said ctf would be a post release patch). Then the unreal tournament demo came out, and I kind of have looked at id critically ever since.

Comparing UT to Q3 and I got the feeling id just didn't give a shit about making a fun, new experience and just wanted to release a glorified tech demo for their new engine. But at least I respected Q3 for being a good competitive game. When Doom 3 was announced I couldn't believe id would spend all their time doing something they are terrible at, singleplayer. I remember being called a troll a lot on these forums for implying doom 3 would either suck or nothing special. And now we have id releasing another singleplayer focused shooter.

Rage is actually a lot better then I thought it would be..but that's not saying much. It's ok but like doom 3 if you are looking for anything new look elsewhere, you played this game many many times before.

Boggles the mind id doesn't make a new competitive multiplayer shooter. Really has not been a new one in a long time(not counting the halo and mw tourneys that exist because they are popular, not because they are hardcore friendly). I mean jfc been what, 10 years since quake 3, and how many still go to quakecon? Like pissing money away. If street fighter 4, league of legends and starcraft 2 can be big hits don't see why there can't be a good hardcore fps.

News Comments > Valve to Release Dota 2 "As Fast As We Can"
16. Re: Valve to Release Dota 2 Sep 23, 2011, 18:01 Kobalt

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 10:36:
They were proposing to keep DOTA2 private and release a more refined product with more content but decided against that, which I think is a sensible move. It's easier to keep players hooked that keep them waiting, especially with Diablo III right around the corner.

Problem with that is,dota 2 is just dota 1 with better graphics.They said they wanted people to move from dota 1, how is that going to happen when they don't even have all the heroes? I think this will hurt them on the esports side.

InBlack wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 10:49:
Ive never played DOTA before I admit, except at its very humble beginnigs in Warcraft3.

Will I like this game?

Hard to say, there really isn't a game like it. I will say however, if you don't have a lot of patience for losing a lot, stay away. It has one of the largest learning curves I have ever seen, and is extremely team based. One person can very easily ruin the game for your team, a big deal with games lasting 40+ minutes.

News Comments > What's Next for Frictional?
7. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 10, 2011, 01:17 Kobalt

I'm sorry but if some indie developers complaining is proof that pc gaming will be topdog, we have 2 completely definitions of "top". If someone like ea says they are done with consoles you will have a point though.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 2, 2011, 02:28 Kobalt

No hes right, home was a terrible idea.  

News Comments > Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles
11. Re: Portal 2 PC Outsells Consoles Aug 30, 2011, 16:35 Kobalt

Not surprising, portal 2 got zero buzz for consoles(was a little confused why gabe at the e3 conference was considered a big deal, also no one I knew knew who he was). l4d though obviously is a zombie shooter.  

News Comments > Mari0: Mario/Portal Mash-up No Joke
5. Re: Mari0: Mario/Portal Mash-up No Joke Aug 30, 2011, 16:33 Kobalt

If they were smart they wouldnt have shown anything at all until they were ready for release.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 16:38 Kobalt

I like how all these people are saying the combat doesn't "look like starwars" and how they liked kotor. The combat is exactly the fucking same cept no pausing, kotor pretty much played like a mmo, like most pc rpgs. Any excuse to be negative I guess.  

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
5. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 20:28 Kobalt

And not a single fuck was given on that day.

I was actually expecting square to force gamestop to take the game off the shelves, doubt they would miss much. Probably sell mostly at walmart. Well, guess they would have less used copies perhaps that square wouldn't even make any money off of.

Really hope gamestop goes under, one of the most shady companies out there.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 16:14 Kobalt

Jonny wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:19:
The main concern I have is the sheer number of dumbfuck raiders on their forums screaming loudly that raiding should be the sole endgame of any MMO.

I keep seeing people say stuff like this but what is the endgame of a mmo like this supposed to be? Pvp? el oh fucking el.

News Comments > DOTA 2 Interview
5. Re: DOTA 2 Interview Aug 14, 2011, 00:19 Kobalt

Wow what a waste of time, not one question in that interview was actually answered.  

News Comments > DOTA 2 Interview
3. Re: DOTA 2 Interview Aug 14, 2011, 00:03 Kobalt

Nope, it's all the dota community that's bad. I played LoL for months and can only vaguely one person being rude to me vs every single game in hon.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
23. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 16:44 Kobalt

Omni wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:31:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:34:
Omni wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:28:
HEADSHOT!

FLAK MONKEY!

er, wait...

Humiliation!

wait... wat!?

Shazbot?

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
8. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 23:43 Kobalt

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 22:01:
nin wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 19:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4&t=1m6s

Except that Happy Days went on for 7 more season's after that episode.

Except that jumping the shark has nothing to do with how long a show is on.

News Comments > Quotable - Christoph Hartmann
11. Re: Quotable - Christoph&#8200;Hartmann Jul 13, 2011, 05:43 Kobalt

Dumbed down, the new hitler.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 2, 2011, 16:26 Kobalt

Was wondering why he has not posted a new video on gametrailers for a while, guess hes just done with them?  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched
1. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched Jun 28, 2011, 00:22 Kobalt

Is the game fun yet?

I planned on giving it a second shot with the expansion, but it's becoming increasingly clear they only plan to nickle and dime with little civilization dlcs.

567 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo