Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 596 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
3. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 Kobalt

Fake numbers out the ass everywhere  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases
7. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases Aug 7, 2012, 19:15 Kobalt

Played it a bit. Meh, I got sick of cs long time ago(been playing since the 2nd beta like 10 years ago) and really can't get into it. They added a few things but it mostly feels like a normal content patch from before the game went retail. If you still play cs regularly you should get it, if not don't.

Nickpick tiem: why the hell can you not see everyone on the scoreboard? Only the top few players on the team are shown, so often you can't even see your own score let alone see whos dead anymore.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 15:32 Kobalt

It's going to be amusing if romney wins and the people that don't understand how congress works nowadays are confused he can't get anything passed either.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2012, 15:29 Kobalt

fyi the button scheme for mk9 is exactly the same as mk1. It doesn't even have the run button from mk3. And sf didnt invent ex moves either.  

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
5. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jul 24, 2012, 06:01 Kobalt

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:51:
Reminds me of demigod...in which case....NO THANKS!

Are you seriously not going to play any game in a genre because you played the worst in the genre?

News Comments > SMITE Beta Patch
2. Re: SMITE Beta Patch Jul 20, 2012, 23:49 Kobalt

What? how is smite a dota clone? have you played dota before?  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Adding "All Heroes Free" Mode
4. Re: Heroes of Newerth Adding Jul 19, 2012, 16:39 Kobalt

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:51:
I doubt LoL hurt this game as much as DotA 2 has. You went to HoN for competitive play. You played LoL just to have a good time. DotA 2 has eaten up the competitive market so that doesn't leave HoN with much left.

This is not true at all. Hon was a ghost town long before the dota 2 beta came out. And LoL had more tourneys long before dota 2 also.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 00:16 Kobalt

I vote for all of the above.  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Character Trailer
1. Re: Primal Carnage Character Trailer Jul 11, 2012, 00:24 Kobalt

Aww man thought this was a primal rage sequel for a second.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2012, 16:22 Kobalt

Glad resistance is dying. Most generic fps I played in a long time when I got the original. One of the worst purchases I have ever made game wise.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 24, 2012, 07:08 Kobalt

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 06:12:
I liked the original the best (even with the bad translation). EP and IS were okay too. You know, before the series went mainstream and gone full anime. Don't mind me I'm just jaded as hell. It's probably the childhood nostalgia.

You describing any of the persona series full on anime(you cant be talking about the visuals right? I mean even the orginals had anime visuals) confuses me. I mean, One of the things I constantly hear and agree with about the last 2 is they were not like a anime whatsoever. They had damn good writing and if wouldn't be weird at all of the next persona got rid of the anime visuals.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 23, 2012, 23:18 Kobalt

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:53:
Boy, the Persona series sure has gone to shit.

Based on what? Persona 4 that was perhaps the best in the series? Or the fighting game by the guilty gear and blazblue series?

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
58. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 18:10 Kobalt

theglaze wrote on May 30, 2012, 17:02:

If any of you hating on Dooom 3 didn't fall into it's atmosphere, then clearly you weren't able to let yourself "go" and experience it first person...that's the whole point of the FPS genre. Maybe your senses have been dumbed down with egotistical "this isn't scary it's dumb" machismo.

O wow, "dumbed down" has truly become the hitler of the gaming world. Just throw it out there when someone disagrees with you even if you have no concept what it means.

Doom 3 was a sad attempt at id trying to show the world they can do something besides multiplayer. They tried again with rage and failed even harder. They just need to swallow their pride and make a competitive online shooter again, might get their old fans back.

Then again I used to say they also make good engines and should focus on that in the old doom 3 threads back in the day(and was declared a troll for implying doom 3 might not be good). I question that now. Id has always made pretty games but the engine themselves were bad compared to the unreal engines. Seems even more so now, even the crysis engine is a competitor.

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway
12. Re: Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Underway May 25, 2012, 00:03 Kobalt

God I wanted to like this so badly. I really did, but at release it was a mess. It's playable now, but still too frustrating the play. Just took one game for a scout from a random neutral civ to block my entire army because I cant just move on the same space like civ 4. 10 turns later the scout did not move. So I had the choice of moving my entire army back the way it came and lose a good 20+ turns, or declaring war on a civ when I'm in the middle of a close war. I decided to uninstall.

Don't even get me started on the completely random civ ai that goes from loving you one turn to declaring war on you along with the entire world the next.

News Comments > TERA Patched
5. Re: TERA Patched May 15, 2012, 19:10 Kobalt

LittleMe wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:58:
I was tempted when it came out, but watching gameplay vids convinced me it was not for me. Too kiddie. Too generic. Too grindy. Too much pedo.

Mmo that plays like no other mmo too generic. Somehow being able to tell a game is too grindy by a video, when theres no grind.

Starting to wonder if the average poster here has less intelligence then wow forum posters.

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
6. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 14:41 Kobalt

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:00:
Haven't read any of it but from the reviews I've read this seems to be teen-pop fantasy.

Not at all.

News Comments > NA AION Going Free-to-Play
5. Re: NA AION Going Free-to-Play Feb 21, 2012, 22:39 Kobalt

Hmm..seems too good to be true. A F2P mmo without soe or turbines bullshit nickle and diming just to have a enjoyable experience? Hope I can use my old character, was a fun game until the bots took over.  

News Comments > The Secret World Delayed
17. Re: The Secret World Delayed Feb 21, 2012, 20:37 Kobalt

Hellbinder wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 15:15:
sempai you are an idiot.

you didnt read or pay attention to the news blurb. You have obviously not read any articles regarding the game. Further none of the games Funcom has released have been a "steaming pile of shit". so why would this one be? Both their single player and multiplayer games are quality products and many are very memorable and enjoyable.

Shill detected. Someone just implied AO was playable at release. Or that Age of conan wasn't a buggy mess that had next to no content after tortage.

Ill go as far as to say I would bet 1k+ that this will be a buggy unfinished mess at release. Pretty safe since that's all funcom does and let the fanboys pay for the retail beta.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2012, 18:49 Kobalt

I honestly don't understand why bioware has not come out with a dating sim yet. Seems half the time when I hear about one of their games is the romance options.  

News Comments > Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring
18. Re: Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring Feb 17, 2012, 04:01 Kobalt

theyarecomingforyou wrote:
Anything with Steamworks tends to get slated. It goes with the territory, especially when most people consider it a primarily single-player experience.

Actually it has more to do with the fact that civ 5 fucking sucked at release. After a ton of patches its finally decent though, though nowhere near as good as earlier games. I have a hard time ever seeing me playing this seriously when 1 random scout for a neutral civ can hold up my entire army because of the retarded strict 1 unit per hex rule.

596 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo