Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 00:35 Kobalt

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 20:32:
PS Why did they wait so long to do something with this property? They regularly sold 3 million copies a piece, isn't that a bonafide hit? What is wrong with you capcom and what did you do to Megaman?

As far as I know the last one was a mediocre rehash and sold about as well. None of them came close to the popularity of the first one, though the 3rd one did bring it back from being a completely dead franchise. God of war pretty much took the crown for this genre that devil may cry created(I admit to getting a little mad that people call all these games god of war clones now, including dmc games).

Capcom is in the same position it finds itself every 5 years or so. Comes out with a excellent new game, milks it so much everyone hates it. When people start to question how long capcom can last with worse and worse sales every year they wake up and kick ass again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TERA Going Free-to-Play Next Month
11. Re: TERA Going Free-to-Play Next Month Jan 9, 2013, 16:37 Kobalt

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 13:03:

Sorry people, MMOs cannot succeed on the subscription model anymore. Those days are over, just like metered internet.

I wonder if anything ever has not been declared dead on the internet.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Dec 26, 2012, 16:42 Kobalt

Draugr wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 14:50:
For example, in fantasy settings racism or xenophobia is an often explored subject. I would say DA2, had it not been a total clusterfuck, would have fallen into this Category. Skyrim goes into this as well. Obviously we'd be foolish to leave out the Witcher 2. I think the first bioshock should also be on this list, though I would certainly put any themes it has into the 'clumsy' category.

Racism is probably one of the worst things done in video games. Sure you might have the odd fantasy game have something about racism is bad it is 100% nullified by the fact that..in these game there are races that are bad stereotypes. Blood thirsty savages that can never be smart as the hero. A cowardly gold hoarding race. Sound familiar to anyone? They are in most fantasy games. Perfectly ok in the video game world.

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
9. Re: Trion Layoffs Dec 12, 2012, 14:47 Kobalt

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 12:38:

They made a generic clone without multiple starting areas

Wait what, there was multiple starting areas. Did you even play the game?

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Dec 11, 2012, 16:48 Kobalt

Wish the developers wouldn't be so stubborn and put the game on sale and get a lot of people to try the game like chivalry. Speaking of which probably not the best time of the year to release this, not all the major titles releasing but even a lot of indie games around the same time as well.  

News Comments > NCsoft Seattle "Realignment"
7. Re: NCsoft Seattle Dec 4, 2012, 22:41 Kobalt

I don't know about decline(with no subscription I doubt they care too deeply). The game sure didn't sell nearly as well as you would think with all the hype the game was getting though. People declaring it the death of the subscription mmo but it looks like ones without one aren't that much more popular.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2012, 14:43 Kobalt

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:35:

And yes, they may have sold more Wii's than any other console that they ever released, but it sold on a gimmick

The fact that nintendo won the console wars in a way that you don't approve of doesn't change the fact that they won. Only way your posts would make any sense is if you replaced the wii with the ps3.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 22:27 Kobalt

Here's the answer to all the people asking who buys black ops on pc: most people.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 12:27 Kobalt

I know I could never anticipate a game if smellfinger didn't.  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
30. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 18:43 Kobalt

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 14:36:
Given its price point how many people bought it simply because other people had it? What's the average continual play time of this game? How many people bought it and checked it out for a week and never touched it again?

Do you really think the vast majority of games aren't played for a week and never touched again?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2012, 21:06 Kobalt

God I hate flash so fucking much. Every update breaks something. Had to revert after the last update borderline broke it in firefox.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Nov 6, 2012, 00:30 Kobalt

Kotaku is probably the worst site out there to make the argument that game "journalist" aren't all trash.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 19:59 Kobalt

It's still hilariously buggy at times. Decided to replay it a few months ago and got stuck in the elevator in the tutorial and had to restart.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
3. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 17:36 Kobalt

wat neotokyo? The mod that no one plays because it hasn't gotten a update in 2 years? The mod's page doesn't even have mention of greenlight. I guess it was voted in the hopes it will get a update finally. Shame if it doesn't too, game was too fun.

At least even for a short while people will play it again. Time to reinstall~

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
20. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 14:46 Kobalt

Only thing I'm confused by this is, how could the people at funcom seriously think they could release a unfinished buggy piece of shit 3 times in a row? Hope the company dies personally.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
3. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 Kobalt

Fake numbers out the ass everywhere  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases
7. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases Aug 7, 2012, 19:15 Kobalt

Played it a bit. Meh, I got sick of cs long time ago(been playing since the 2nd beta like 10 years ago) and really can't get into it. They added a few things but it mostly feels like a normal content patch from before the game went retail. If you still play cs regularly you should get it, if not don't.

Nickpick tiem: why the hell can you not see everyone on the scoreboard? Only the top few players on the team are shown, so often you can't even see your own score let alone see whos dead anymore.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 15:32 Kobalt

It's going to be amusing if romney wins and the people that don't understand how congress works nowadays are confused he can't get anything passed either.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2012, 15:29 Kobalt

fyi the button scheme for mk9 is exactly the same as mk1. It doesn't even have the run button from mk3. And sf didnt invent ex moves either.  

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
5. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jul 24, 2012, 06:01 Kobalt

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:51:
Reminds me of demigod...in which case....NO THANKS!

Are you seriously not going to play any game in a genre because you played the worst in the genre?

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo