Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 606 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex and Thief Plans
31. Re: Console Games Aug 28, 2004, 00:41 Kobalt

riiight, because the very two PC-GAME series we're talking about didn't make money, weren't innovative nor had good gameplay while having GREAT (dark engine? lol) graphics.

I'm lost here, im assuming you are trying to be sarcastic by the amount of i's, but what you said is obvious.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex and Thief Plans
22. Re: Console Games Aug 27, 2004, 23:59 Kobalt

Consoles will always be one step behind the pc.

You mean besides money,inovation,gameplay etc etc..

But consoles will always have worse graphics! AND GRAPHICS ARE ALL THAT MATTER RIGHT?

right?

Amazes me the amount of delusional pc fanboys

News Comments > WoW FilePlanet Stress Test
21. Re: Well from Alpha and Beta... Aug 27, 2004, 13:34 Kobalt

Thank heaven for Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I have barely read anything about this game but this is what I know it has going against them:
It's made by turbine, the creators the of the peices of shit Asheron's call 1 and 2.

There will be only be a few hundred people per server, oh and every single thing will be instanced too. Know what that sounds like? Guild wars, cept it will cost $15 a month.

I stopped reading there.

News Comments > Acclaim Closings
9. Thank god Aug 27, 2004, 13:26 Kobalt

The only good game this company ever made was turok, which actually was a really good first person shooter at the time(was the first fps with wide open areas). Of course acclaim managed to completely destroy this francise as well so fuck them.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Sales
128. Re: Doom 3 Aug 26, 2004, 23:30 Kobalt

HELLO. It was supposed to be a deathmatch only multiplayer game. Why would a DEATHMATCH ONLY MULTIPLAYER GAME have single player or anything else?

I'm not sure where you got I was talking about single player, I meant different modes like fucking king of the hill or some shit. And since quake 3 has capture the flag too(albet quickly tacked on, quake 3 wasn't even meant to ship with ctf, they were going to patch it later like most lazy ass pc developers do but id got scared when the UT demo came out), quake 3 obviously wasn't a deathmatch only game.

No Quake 3 is not a remake of Quake 1.

Look above quickl- oh shit the point just flew over your head.

Let me bring you back to reality for a moment. UT2004 was released almost FIVE YEARS after Quake 3. Of course it has more modes and more features.

The fuck makes you think I was talking about UT2k4 and not UT? UT had tons of modes when it was released THE SAME FUCKING MONTH QUAKE 3 WAS.

so I don't see why anyone would criticize them for continuing that trend.

I bet you really don't see why someone would criticize a company for not inovating at all.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 23:37.

123. Re: Doom 3 Aug 25, 2004, 20:30 Kobalt

Just curious, but do you consider that to be a sentence?

Nice dodge, pussy

I did not say that Doom 3 is the "best game ever.

No one said you did

And neither did PC Gamer.

Read it again

119. Re: Doom 3 Aug 25, 2004, 18:54 Kobalt

Not sure whether that's just a matter of numbers (5x the games on the consoles --> more innovation) or the Japanese willingness to experiment (and fondness for consoles) but you're absolutely right.

Has more to do with the fact that consoles make so much more money than pc games that even niche games like disgaea can sell pretty well, while only the most popular type of game on pc like a FPS sells well.

The weapons in the original Doom only had one firing mode, so why would the REMAKE of Doom be any different?

Just curious, do you realize how much of a tard that uses every excuse in the world for a reason why there is no innovation you sound like? "Oh doom 3 has as much story as the orginal doom you say? Well it's a remake of course ! What? Quake 3 has absolutely no new weapons, only has deathmatch and a quickly tacked on capture the flag while unreal torunament and tribes has tons of well built modes? Because quake 3 is a remake of quake 1 of course !"

yet dozens of people on this site and dozens of reviews say otherwise.

Wow, dozens. And only a retard pays attention to reviews anymore, I dont think even the biggest id fanboy will say doom 3 is the best game ever yet pc gamer said that.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:55.

103. Re: Lets recap for a moment Aug 25, 2004, 02:13 Kobalt

Doom 3 was remake that was revised from the original.

The doom 3 is a remake is a bullshit after the fact shit they came up with so they could have a excuse to rehash everything.

Since when are mind blowing playable CG like graphics nothing new?

Are you retarded? Did the miss the besides the graphics part? Every fucking id game has "mind blowing CG graphics" as you so stupidly put it. And let's not get carried away here, only a blind person would mistake doom 3 graphics for a CG movie, doesn't look that good.

HL2 will in no way be like HL1. Face it.

Why are you bringing up half life 2? Calm down rabid fanboy there are people that think doom 3 sucks dick that doesn't think half life 2 will be the best ever.

97. Lets recap for a moment Aug 24, 2004, 23:20 Kobalt

Doom 3 isn't as good as these games that was released before it:

Half-life
system shock 2
deus ex
halo
far cry
fucking goldeneye for the N64

Of course this is just off the top of my head

Why are people defending this game again? I can understand if you like it, it's really not that bad, but aren't you just a wee annoyed it brings NOTHING new to first person shooters besides a pretty new engine?

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 23:21.

38. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2004, 13:06 Kobalt

At least there is still hope for quake 4, since id has nothing to do with it.

34. Re: nUmba|-|5? Aug 24, 2004, 12:42 Kobalt

I remember hearing something along the lines of 300,000 copies in the first week. I'm sure Doom3 will hit the 1 million mark easily.

So what you are saying is it's just a top seller?

32. Re: Try this Aug 24, 2004, 12:36 Kobalt

PC game publishers should take after games like Live For Speed www.liveforspeed.net They have a nice business model where you just download the game and the full game actually works as a demo and when you purchase the game through their website they give you a key that works for only 1 hour.

Thats a horrible idea, though it's a great idea if you want the pc gaming industry to do even worse.

8. Who gives a shit Aug 24, 2004, 10:07 Kobalt

I like how in the press release it keeps mentioning PC game sales but not overall game sales. No one but pc gaming freaks care about pc sales, if doom 3 was number 1 for all games overall some people would give a shit, alas.

I would be surprised if doom 3 was even in the top 5 overall. Why do companies make pc games again?

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
55. Recap Jul 27, 2004, 23:51 Kobalt

Lets recap this thread:
Every single person that uses windows xp/2000 say it's better than 98, and every person that has never used xp or 2000 say it sucks.

People that say 98 is better than xp or 200 are retards is the conclusion I come to.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - N-Gage QD
7. Re: Finally Jul 27, 2004, 13:36 Kobalt

It's 349 nowhere xeon, ebob is just a tard.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Shake-up
5. The game is going to suck Jul 23, 2004, 22:00 Kobalt

The concept is a peice of shit, it's basicly guild wars(everything is instanced), cept it will cost $15 a month.

No thanks, game looks like a phantasy star online rip off anyway

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
119. Fucking tards thats not DS Jul 16, 2004, 02:44 Kobalt

Amazing how you stupid fucks ignored the not one but TWO times it was pointed out you werent responding to the real DS. More proof most of you stupid fucks on blue's dont bother to read posts.

News Comments > Competitions - DOOM 3 at QuakeCon
49. Re: Doom 3 sucks dick Jul 7, 2004, 20:24 Kobalt

lool like anyone is afraid of the faggots at quakecon hahahahaah

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Plans
6. Why test? Jul 7, 2004, 20:23 Kobalt

What the fuck do they have to test? All it is is counter strike with a new engine, not like they are changing anything, fuck id be surprised if they added any new maps.

News Comments > Competitions - DOOM 3 at QuakeCon
47. Doom 3 sucks dick Jul 7, 2004, 17:39 Kobalt

Lets recap:

id hasn't made a good single player game since doom
Doom 3 has crappy ip based 4 player deathmatch only
Besides in graphics and multiplayer id has not shown ANY inovation at all since doom

Can't wait !

606 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo