Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 576 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
6. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 17:35 Kobalt

Gruntstein wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 11:07:
SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.

It's not fair to compare the netcode of a fighting game to a fps at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 13, 2014, 18:26 Kobalt

I hear it has boobs  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2014, 15:39 Kobalt

LittleMe wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 15:14:
A 500 dollar gaming PC has a huge and vast collection of games and other software to run, many of them exclusives. A PS4 doesn't. Your thinking is backwards. A console isn't a better value than a gaming PC. It's a convenience at the cost of flexibility and freedom.

The ps3 also has a huge and vast collection of games to run, many of them exclusives. And I continue to play it, which I can't say for the pc I bought at the time of the ps3 release for more because it can barely run skyrim. No reason to think the ps4 will be any different. Unless of course you buy the consoles are dead garbage clickbait articles, often by the same people that said the pc was dead only a year ago.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2014, 15:02 Kobalt

LittleMe wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:39:
Why even buy a PS4 and not a PC where the graphics are just as good and there are vastly more games, far better game prices, etc.

Consoles are a much better value then getting a pc. You might be able to build a 500 dollar pc with comparable specs as a ps4 but no way you are playing even console ports 5 years from now on that same pc with a decent framerate.

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:21:
Could the problem with the PS4 be that there are no killer games for the Japanese market?

There's no killer games everywhere. Publishers were so scared no one was going to buy the new consoles they decided to wait and see if people bought them before making games. Which of course became a self fulfilling prophecy.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2014, 22:03 Kobalt

holy shit I remember neotokyo. One of the most promising source mods I played until apparently they lost all their assets somehow and did not patch it for years.  

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
17. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 00:25 Kobalt

Considering the combat is nothing like wow how exactly is this a wow clone? You can easily call every mmo ever made, even tera a wow clone if you ignore the combat. I have a feeling a year from now people will be calling archeage and eq next wow clones even with the sandbox elements. I think people are just sick of mmos in general and just use the wow clone angle as a excuse.

Think most genres get there at some point. I remember when everything was a quake clone.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
7. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 19:36 Kobalt

Yeah some weird things going on with this game. The art style and humor makes you think it's a goofy kids game, but it probably one of the most hardcore mmos in a long time.

Also it's supposed to be in the middle of a battle of highly advanced intergalactic civilizations. But for some reason they share cities on a planet and the ships don't just blow them up from orbit because? I think I got the biggest wtf moment when I did a quest where you are burning the corpses of plague victims just like in the plaguelands in wow. It's really how bizarre how similar the game is to fantasy mmos while at the same time having giant mechs blowing shit up.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 14, 2014, 12:50 Kobalt

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 14, 2014, 08:53:
I'm actually surprised people put up with that crap instead of going to a PC.

There's 10 times more crap to put up with on the pc compared to console.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 12:27 Kobalt

Just another example that most American's don't even know what freedom of speech even means. You can't say whatever you want you retards.

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
11. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 00:15 Kobalt

I wanted to like civ 5 so bad but it's just not to be. For both expansions I reinstalled. Semi enjoying myself until I get to the point my army is stopped from taking a city because some workers/scouts from a neutral civ is blocking the way. What a piece of shit.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 8, 2014, 17:55 Kobalt

Not surprised, eink style ebook readers seem to be at a dead end. Amazon pricing them at cost and really not much more you can add to them.  

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
22. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 21:21 Kobalt

Another mediocre mmo released a year too early that will be f2p in a year. Nothing interesting to see here.

Well, preorder bonus is confusing as fuck. Any race can play any faction as a pre order bonus? That's kind of huge, and makes me think they realize they game will be f2p in a year. Mad you didn't get the game at release? Welp now for only 20 dollars you can get the same bonuses!

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
21. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 17:51 Kobalt

Man I would kill for a story based spy game. The imperial agent storyline was the only one worth a damn in tor.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
36. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 23:42 Kobalt

Ladron3dfx wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 22:47:
Free? A slap in the face to all those who purchased the game years ago.

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 22:31:
Valve lets you download a 5 year old game for free for one day. Yay.

Never ceases to amaze me how angry people get when a company does a nice thing.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 15, 2013, 23:30 Kobalt

Holy shit and capcom hinted at a update to marvel at evo. Something is up here, because this really doesn't make sense. People might not ever be able to buy the dlc characters after this, just when I was starting to think a all digital future won't be terrible.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 12:33 Kobalt

Riker wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 12:22:
I've become very skeptical of MMOs in general, because I always end up disappointed. WoW is still the king, despite everything that has come since.

I think we are in a very similar situation as when everquest was king. Game was good(though in hindsight you could argue this)and had tons of content. Even if a new game added some new gimmick it still had to deal with the I hit max what to do now problem, when everquest you had ton to do since expansions never became outdated. Wow though, not only did it have fantastic gameplay, tons of new gimmicks but a decent endgame. All 3 combined and you had a hit, when most games have only 1 or 2 of these features, and very rarely decent endgame.

Rift had the endgame and gimmicks but mediocre gameplay. Swtor had the gimmicks but also the gameplay was nothing special nor was the endgame etc etc.

It's really hard to make a mmo.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 12:18 Kobalt

Hahahaha wut. When I was playing beta I was thinking, this is ass but it's beta maybe its like a year away. Looks like we will have yet another failed mmo that merges servers and goes f2p by this time next year.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 6, 2013, 02:55 Kobalt

Jesus this game was hard to understand. I remember getting to near the end of the game wondering why I did no damage. Had no clue about lvling up summons or anything. Good thing they were so overpowered and had so much hp you had to try to die in this game.

Still better then ff9.

News Comments > Thief at 15
13. Re: Thief at 15 Dec 1, 2013, 23:01 Kobalt

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 15:22:

Is it looking through rose colored glasses of me to say that like Quakes effect on FPS, Thief was a huge influence (perhaps the biggest) on the stealth genre?

I realize I might be lynched for this but, I feel metal gear solid was a much bigger influence to be honest. Also thief was hardly the first game with stealth.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
53. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 22:59 Kobalt

LittleMe wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 19:45:
There's also Wildstar. It's similar to WoW but with more tactical combat. There's a decent amount of hype for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pTIeCua_rlM

Tactical combat lol. I remember seeing a video how one of their super innovative things was a icon when a mob does a don't stand in fire attack. Hard time seeing the guy able to say that with a straight face.

576 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo