Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 596 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > TERA Fate of Arun Released
1. Re: TERA Fate of Arun Released Dec 16, 2014, 21:46 Kobalt

God

Damnit

As if all the fall releases wasn't enough. Wow gets a new expansion and a ton of old guildies bugging me to get back into it. Now tera, prob in my top 3 mmos gets a expansion a month later.

THERES NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Footage
8. Re: Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Trailer Dec 14, 2014, 18:11 Kobalt

Slick wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 16:10:
agreed that the jump to IV was very monumental, but 6 years is more than enough time to do something different. all these games looks just like last-gen, using last-gen engines, it's depressing. especially considering the gen lasted longer than any other gen is history, we were due for a real bump in fidelity that has not come... this reminds me of SF2 to SF3 though, virtually identical-looking games imo.

and thank you SO MUCH for the BlazBlue tip, i knew that it was made by the same developers as Guilty Gear, but i had no idea that there were any released on PC. this will tide me over nicely until Guilty Gear releases in 2 days

Sadly all the console makers were so scared about the future of consoles they made very weak consoles that they didn't take a huge hit on unlike the usual case. Which is why you can have a price war like whats going on right now 1 year on while the ps3 costs almost as much as the new consoles and rarely goes on sale.

I gotta say I think you are not remembering things correctly because street fighter 3 look light years better then 2. Not to mention it's animations have yet to be beaten in a 2d fighter.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2014, 11:24 Kobalt

It's sad how little hype is surrounding tekken 7 compared to street fighter 5. But then at least capcom changes the game every once and a while.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 7, 2014, 18:23 Kobalt

Am I crazy or is that persona 5 trailer the same exact one that came out months ago?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 7, 2014, 18:21 Kobalt

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 14:56:
Despite some negative reviews, I thought Origins was excellent. I think the trick for me enjoying the Batman games is letting enough time pass between playing each game, so the formula feels fresh again.

I think it's just the batman games are suffering from the same thing that happened to spiderman. When a spiderman game came out for the ps everyone was amazed that it was good, and made you feel like playing actually playing him for the first time. A successful sequel followed but after that but everyone was bored of the gimmick.

The next batman game needs to be seriously different or it will be met with the same shrug as when a new spiderman game come sout.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
8. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 12:42 Kobalt

It's hard to take a award show seriously when it's possible for something that's been out for less then month to win. And useless categories like most anticipated..  

News Comments > Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive
13. Re: Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive Dec 5, 2014, 18:15 Kobalt

Seventyfive wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:44:
please bring back parrying. not sure who plays SF anymore but I feel like they really compress the skill level on this game.

I don't know man. I love 3rd strike as much as the next guy but you got to admit the ease of starting off in sf4 and 3 is night in day. You could say it dumbed the game down but the popularity of sf3 doesn't even come close to sf4.

gsilver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 17:57:
...Though this *is* Street Fighter we're talking about. In another year, there will probably be a Super Street Fighter V, which has a bunch of new characters and be on every system.

...Not that that makes it any better.

to capcoms credit the vast majority of updates to the street fighter series made them a better game.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2014, 18:23.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 2, 2014, 18:31 Kobalt

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 15:01:

You have to remember kids are constantly being born into the world and LOL is videogames for retards, that's why it's successful. The same way MMO's are successful, they cater to people who can't play videogames to save their lives and hence are the lowest common denominator in terms of intelligence. Reflexes and intelligence are correlated, that's why games like Descent, fast paced FPS games like quake, the masses just can't handle them.

haha oh wow. what the fuck did I just read?

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow
3. Re: Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow Dec 1, 2014, 21:47 Kobalt

I get the impression epic is almost like valve. They are more focused on something besides making games(valve steam, epic the engine itself to sell) that they are no rush to release a game. Could also be like what happened with the last UT where the dev team obviously got bored and focused on gears more. They eventually shoved out another UT but it was obvious there was 0 passion.  

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
25. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 00:09 Kobalt

I wonder if this will stop the people that keep saying every year wow is dead because all their friends quit? Probably not.

And I don't see wow going down too much, after all mmos are a dying genre in the west and I think everquest next is the only big budget western mmo in development. After playing the meh at best eq landmark beta and knowing soe's track record, I really doubt wow will have much competition for the next 5 years.

RIP a genre that had so much potential.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 14, 2014, 17:58 Kobalt

Holy shit heroes of newerth was the worst. My first game I was called a gay black man at least 20 times after I implied I never played dota before by asking a question. This was in one of the newbie games that you couldn't even join if I played more then 10 matches. Think thats why league did so much better in the long run, all the dota players played hon.  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
83. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 19:50 Kobalt

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 19:20:

Kobalt there are people who are sensitive to the framerate. In this case I am more annoyed about the forced aspect ratio.

I agree, I just don't believe all these people swearing up and down they won't get the game because of it.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 9, 2014, 18:30 Kobalt

I just hope the fucking music works. Something last I heard final fantasy 8 could not say was.  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
81. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 18:14 Kobalt

This is such a non issue. If the game is good most the people pretending this is a huge factor will buy the game anyway. There really isn't enough silly people out there that buy games based framerates. Not that these people won't pretend that it's the reason it doesn't sell well when the game sucks of course.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
32. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 4, 2014, 02:29 Kobalt

bobbyweenus wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 15:54:
Kobalt, what server and faction are you running?

Aranzeb nuian

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
21. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 3, 2014, 13:37 Kobalt

What a refreshing change this game is. I have been lvl 50 for a week and have yet to do any serious amount of pvp or pve. Mostly crafting/farming and doing trade runs.

Not going to lie though, the themepark questing was wearing thin after a while. Luckly you can lvl up by doing pretty much anything including mining(gained at least 5 lvls doing that, and another few smelting the ore).

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:34:
This sounds right up my alley, I live for the PvP shit. Thanks for the info guys, definitely going to pick it up. Is it ever coming to Steam again?

It's a f2p game so no real benefit getting it on steam.

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
15. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 02:43 Kobalt

descender wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 02:33:
I suppose you will have to explain to me how paid alpha/beta access and the "founders packs" that everyone is complaining about not receiving isn't exactly like kickstarter then... and how that doesn't qualify as giving them money before the product is complete.

Your kickstarter analogy still confuses me. I guess this is comparable to a kickstarter where the game comes out but the high tier perks are a little late? I mean the product is complete(as much a mmo can be) so I don't know why you keep saying it's not.

12. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 01:49 Kobalt

descender wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 01:33:
There is nothing more entertaining than seeing kickstarters and pre-orders get burned.

Stop giving companies money for unfinished products.

This post doesn't apply to this game at all. Been out for nearly 2 years and no kickstarter was involved at all. The complaints are mostly how trion handled the launch not anything to do with unfinished content developed by the korean developers.

10. Re: FTP crowd continues to get burned... Sep 17, 2014, 01:26 Kobalt

I paid 50 and got everything the 150 pack was supposed to get. My friend paid 150 and has so far gotten nothing. One of the worst mmo releases I've seen in years, which baffles me since rift was one of the best.

Gamewise everything other then the lvling aspect is amazing. Sadly this being a mmo that's a big part of the experience. Developers need to stop, who likes this shit? I liked lvling up in tera simply because I loved the combat so much and wow isnt bad since blizzard usually puts a lot of care into content. The themepark questing in archeage is so obviously phoned in and I question why did they even bother, its awful.

One of the things I liked about shadowbane back in the day was how short the lvling part of the game was. And why not, it was a damn pvp game. Archeage has enough interesting things to do there was no need to stretch out the lvling period.

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
2. Re: Memorial Consolidation Sep 1, 2014, 17:53 Kobalt

I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm more excited about a new persona then anything else coming out anytime soon. Last 2 were the only jrpgs I could stand to play in a looong time.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 18:01.

596 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo