Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Innova

Real Name Innova   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caslon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 22:11
Total Comments 46 (Suspect)
User ID 16939

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
5. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 10, 2013, 19:13 Caslon

I recently replayed HL2. I give it a mixed review rating. HL2 wasn't as memorable for me as HL1. I played the 2 Episodes too, also unmemerable.
Half-Life2 was too in love with itself, it had new physics and a story (which got in the way of itself, for me), but beyond that I found re-playing it a bit tedious, just like when it first came out. my 2 cents.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
39. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 15:29 Caslon

Put a law into effect that devs who use bait and switch type demos to snare the public must put a disclaimer in big bold letters that what you're seeing may be completely different than what the final product will be. Will this cost them sales? Of course, and why not?  

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
34. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 23:10 Caslon

I'm interested in checking out ARMA 3 alpha or beta. Does this news mean I don't have to pre-order this game to sample it? That's the only way you can play the ARMA alpha now, by pre-ordering it.  

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
34. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 18:56 Caslon

Keep in mind whatever BF2142 was to us PC gamers, EA will find a way to force it ported to PC from a console version.  

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
29. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 17:17 Caslon

I thought BF2142 was kinda cool while it lasted on my pc.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
50. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 27, 2013, 21:59 Caslon

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 08:43:

When did this start?!

About 1997 when Westwood broke up.

48. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 27, 2013, 00:34 Caslon

Anyone besides me see an alarming trend now of games being hyped, with great looking E3 demos of an upcoming titles that don't reflect the end product? It's the new American Greed factor, and sadly, it may work.

That is, if you're a title dev/publisher and it ends up as an inferior end product, then... hyping it up BEFOREHAND with misleading demos and articles and then calculating how many will be reeled in, and going from there may be the new wave of selling games.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2013, 00:46.

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:09 Caslon

It's Duke Nukem Forever type development, marketing. I hope the sheet hits the fan on this one.  

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics
22. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 15, 2012, 02:46 Caslon

"We had the same thing with the first Crysis on PC. When Crysis launched, it was the high-end benchmark for a good three years".

Ya, too bad that upon release, it chugged for those who upgraded to high end pcs just for that game.

News Comments > Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale
5. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:44 Caslon

Don't forget that you can download a free high resolution pak that improves the outdated graphics of this game. Just Google Duke High Rez Pak.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
21. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 16:44 Caslon

Looking back on Crysis, at least it didn't have mid eastern war torn streets as a setting. It's getting pathetic that every shooter now is that way. It also was sandbox which was good.

The bad? As a gaming experience I look back on, I really can't remember much worth remembering about Crysis. Most fps games I can at least conjure up some fond memories. Crysis is just a blur in my brains fps memory bank. No real fond memories at all. I try but can't bring up any.

That pic looks a bit like Will Farrel, the comedian/actor.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed
30. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 18:56 Caslon

WTF? HEY... LET'S ALL TANGENT OFF THE TOPIC and turn this into a mini forum about FAR CRY 2. By all means, yammer on. No use reading comments on News here anymore.  

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:40 Caslon

"Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players." TRANSLATION: "The delay will allow us to release the game with 5 major bugs instead of the 10 we anticipated and which we here at Ubisoft deem acceptable and part of business as usual in the gaming business."  

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:33 Caslon

Ah yes, the inevitable announcement we all knew was coming. Far be it from Ubisoft to break new ground by sticking to their initial release date. And ah yes...the inevitable response from players about being glad they aren't rushing the game so it turns out right, even tho delayed games are full of bugs upon release anyways.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein 3D Freebies
11. Re: Wolfenstein 3D Freebies May 9, 2012, 14:32 Caslon

There are distortion lines when I play the game with Chrome. IE plays it ok, tho theres quite a bit of slop when aiming.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer
13. Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Mar 22, 2012, 04:53 Caslon

The dock at 39 seconds into the trailer looks terrible compared to the rest of the scenes, which look good. I thought I was looking at a Far Cry 1 dock again. Add 3 months onto the release date btw.  

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
53. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 00:04 Caslon

ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:28:
Caslon wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:20:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 16:49:
Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.

Ummm, Crysis wasn't that spectacular. I can't remember much about it because it was that forgettable. Countless North Koreans taking a pee behind a tree and then suddenly popping out from behind it when you were near them is not my idea of great. The online play was a complete joke. The destructible terrain aspect was highly promoted but turned out to be nothing much at all. Some of the interiors of the huts were no better looking than the original Far Cry. All this while the game code taxed everyones new rigs they built just for this game. Crysis will be forgotten.

The online mode was far from a joke. It's pretty complex and interesting. It just couldn't compete with COD and Halo, like every other game.

The enemies can actually hear sounds, so it's absolutely normal for them to go towards it, even if a tree is in the way.

#1, I acknowledge the online play was never meant to be the games strong suit, but still...it was frustratingly rudimentary in hit detection and the lagged out play was horrible, on the lowest ping server.

#2. Yes the North Koreans could hear you approaching, but it got old playing among a forest of tall standing trees with a guy coming out from behind each tree, like they were all taking a leak. That got old.

The announcement by Crytek is laughable..."Spectacular". That adjective describes how pathetic the gaming world is now. I truly believe they meant that announcement as a joke. A satire/parody.

Spectacular...lol...Lean wid it.

48. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 19:25 Caslon

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 18:06:
Psyched! An announcement about an awesome announcement.

WARFACE

43. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 17:20 Caslon

Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 16:49:
Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.

Ummm, Crysis wasn't that spectacular. I can't remember much about it because it was that forgettable. Countless North Koreans taking a pee behind a tree and then suddenly popping out from behind it when you were near them is not my idea of great. The online play was a complete joke. The destructible terrain aspect was highly promoted but turned out to be nothing much at all. Some of the interiors of the huts were no better looking than the original Far Cry. All this while the game code taxed everyones new rigs they built just for this game. Crysis will be forgotten.

39. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:19 Caslon

I think the announcement will be that their upcoming free online shooter WARFACE will be made available to the US and Europe. Right now, WARFACE (which is being developed by Cryteks South Korea division)is being marketed only to asian markets. Just google Warface.  

46 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo