Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Innova

Real Name Innova   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caslon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 22:11
Total Comments 39 (Suspect)
User ID 16939

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
67. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 16, 2014, 07:36 Caslon

Who cares what a fossil like Romero does? Does anyone care?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
10. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 6, 2014, 00:45 Caslon

Not so strange is the fact that games inevitably get delayed yet still need a ton of patches the first few weeks.

"We want to be sure that buyers get a quality gaming experience" is the usual BS they hand out. LOL!!!!!

News Comments > 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit
20. Re: 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit Mar 27, 2014, 06:06 Caslon

"The most curious bit of information is that Mass Destruction will be a top-down action role-playing game, with experience point and tech trees..." ???  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer
15. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Mar 21, 2014, 13:01 Caslon

Gee, how do we keep relevant with todays console mentality and merge it with a classic pc game? A mech, of course! Genius!  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
18. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 18:36 Caslon

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 18:28:
Top/Down RPG?

Wonder if this will be a Phone/Tablet game?

Yes, spare us all and make it a side scroller game app.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
15. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 17:10 Caslon

Anyone smell another crappy console port?$?$? The idiot masses are begging for one, that's why they're considered the idiot masses.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
43. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 21, 2013, 00:30 Caslon

I thought the HL story took itself as far as it could with the Episodes. HL3 will happen, just cause it can. $$$ So therefore, be happy as a clam at high tide (don't wanna get dug up).  

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
41. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 22:01 Caslon

bigspender wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 18:23:
So the remake was pretty damn cool - but its been given away for free for like a year - what makes them think anyone is going to pay for it now?

Probably the ease of installation. Damn, it better not be over $4.99 and it's gonna be overpriced at that. I wonder if it will be taken off the download site once it moves to Steam.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
27. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 22:16 Caslon

QUOTE: "We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track".

Determined? OK. How about dusting off a C&C game that is still popular and has a few servers that have 50/50 die hard players and re-do it? That game is RENEGADE.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
29. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 16:09 Caslon

As I recall, Romero had multimillion dollar luxurious office suites in some Texas highrise office building, living off the hype and legend he thought he was at the time. The game turned out to be a top 10 worst of all time and Romero vacated his cushy highrise office suites. Thus began his fall to obscurity. The outrageously expensive to develop garbage that Daikatana was started that decline.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 16:17.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 13, 2013, 13:52 Caslon

Upon boot up the next day, the patches that got installed want to install themselves again, and when trying to close that update window I get, "Windows Explorer has stopped working".

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 13:58.

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 19, 2013, 16:51 Caslon

Nvidia recommends all GTX owners get this beta driver. I have a GTX285 and don't have any recent titles. So what are the benefits of these new drivers to me????????????????  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
11. Re: Morning Screenshots May 15, 2013, 14:42 Caslon

Let's see how console-ish this game plays on pc before we get jazzed about it.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
5. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 10, 2013, 19:13 Caslon

I recently replayed HL2. I give it a mixed review rating. HL2 wasn't as memorable for me as HL1. I played the 2 Episodes too, also unmemerable.
Half-Life2 was too in love with itself, it had new physics and a story (which got in the way of itself, for me), but beyond that I found re-playing it a bit tedious, just like when it first came out. my 2 cents.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
39. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 15:29 Caslon

Put a law into effect that devs who use bait and switch type demos to snare the public must put a disclaimer in big bold letters that what you're seeing may be completely different than what the final product will be. Will this cost them sales? Of course, and why not?  

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
34. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 23:10 Caslon

I'm interested in checking out ARMA 3 alpha or beta. Does this news mean I don't have to pre-order this game to sample it? That's the only way you can play the ARMA alpha now, by pre-ordering it.  

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
34. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 18:56 Caslon

Keep in mind whatever BF2142 was to us PC gamers, EA will find a way to force it ported to PC from a console version.  

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
29. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 17:17 Caslon

I thought BF2142 was kinda cool while it lasted on my pc.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
50. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 27, 2013, 21:59 Caslon

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 08:43:

When did this start?!

About 1997 when Westwood broke up.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
48. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 27, 2013, 00:34 Caslon

Anyone besides me see an alarming trend now of games being hyped, with great looking E3 demos of an upcoming titles that don't reflect the end product? It's the new American Greed factor, and sadly, it may work.

That is, if you're a title dev/publisher and it ends up as an inferior end product, then... hyping it up BEFOREHAND with misleading demos and articles and then calculating how many will be reeled in, and going from there may be the new wave of selling games.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2013, 00:46.

39 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo