Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for paul

Real Name paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hopeless gamer with killer rig
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 14:36
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 16933

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
15. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 17:27 Jonny5

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2011, 13:40:
Anyone smart enough to see the two different things being showed here, 70% of it is CGI,

None of it is CGI. It's all in-engine. Some/most of it is heavily scripted, but again, that's what CoD is: a heavily scripted cinematic experience.

I'll still take it over BF3 (in truth I'll likely take neither.) I'll never understand the obsession with the crap DICE puts out there. CoD may be overrated with mainstream fans but BF is overrated with hardcore fans. Their weapons feel wrong and their movement feels wrong. Sure, you get a nice sandbox for multiplayer but the toys they give you to play in that sandbox is broken.

absolutely wrong...REAL time game play will not look like most of that trailer...watch again see that crappy lit (both at :21 and :41 THAT is what you will see while playing...not the rest of that stuff...those are only Kick ass cutscenes made by engine or CGI....matters not. Subway sequence..THAT is real time engine gameplay... be NOT CGI or using game engine...your GAME play will not look much better then CODs last title...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 12:55 Jonny5

Anyone smart enough to see the two different things being showed here, 70% of it is CGI, ... the scene with Subway and a few others are in game engine, and it is VASTLY inferior to Anything BF3 is doing...

Go ahead fan boys support these rehash masters.. Let them use that same crappy engine again, but just put more scripted and CGI events in the game. As long as customers keep supporting these titles, the more consolised out PC gaming is to become. If peeps are seei g the pick of dude throwing grenade at Yellow house in the Vids freeze frame ...that is NOT the engine or gameplay you will have, that is CGI

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
17. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 12:45 Jonny5

nin wrote on May 24, 2011, 11:56:
Gold - Duke Nukem Forever

I never thought I'd see these words.

DITTO, my GOD it has been awhile, SO many gaming websites that do not even exist anymore I followed this games development. Oh , it will be fun.. mark this post, if peeps can just play it for what it is, it will be a blast.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight
38. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 06:03 Jonny5

Mcboinkens wrote on May 24, 2011, 03:01:
Based on the amount of stupidity running rampant through this thread, I won't quote anyone specific.

Here's a few points I wanted to make, though:

-Game experience is highly opinionated.
-Opinions cannot, and should not, be forced onto other people.
-Just because you don't like a game does not mean it is garbage.

I've played every Battlefield game since it's original release. I've also played every COD game since the original. The two series have two completely different objectives. BF focuses more on teamwork, vehicles, and less on "twitch" shooting. CoD focuses more on each individual team member, customization, and adrenaline.

This isn't an expansion pack. It's a new game, with a new setting. People bitched and moaned that they needed to get the setting out of the Middle East, and they listened. We're dealing with WW3 now, a concept that has been surprisingly underused lately. Yeah, some of the perks will probably be the same. Probably some similar killstreaks too. But this isn't a mod or anything, its a rehauled game. The only thing I could possibly see as a point for people that few this games as expansions is that the engine is the same. But the games are being cranked out yearly and the engine really is fine, so I don't see the problem. You really think a studio would charge $20 for an "expansion" that has 8-10 hours of single player, brand new maps, guns, perks, and game types? That would be an absurd business model.

I just can't believe it that people complain these games get released too often, and then turn around and complain when the HL:2 Episodes are taking too long. If anything, *those* are just "expansions", and they are taking way too damn long to make them. But that's a topic for another time.

I really don't see the hate for CoD. It's probably because I play it on a console, so I never had to deal with the hackers or the dedicated server issue. The game is fun. Make a squad with a few of your buddies and have a good time. Do some search and destroy, get that heart-rate up, and then laugh at your friend when he completely messes up the clutch save. Do a free for all with riot shield and throwing knives only. It can be a lot of fun if you know what you are doing.

I like the BF series as much as the next guy, but there is only so much running across the map I can do before I need a change, and that's why CoD's tiny maps are perfect at what they do. They keep you in the action at all times, and the games focuses on you, and you alone. What killstreaks do you want? perks? Everyone is watching *you* try to win the match.

On a seperate note, I think the word twitch shooting is being overused lately. There hasn't been a single twitch shooter since CSS, in my opinion. If you want a real skill check, that's where you go.

Well IMHO, I call anything "Twitch" that has Kills in the 30s and 40s and its all about killing, While it can be fun , the community is ALWAYS full of lil internet warriors that get carried AWAY with that Adrenalin, and their Attitude sucks, and Yes while Quake WAS different then COD or MOD with its CTF, Freeze Quake (miss that) and UT and its many online mods (loved the mini ones where you were small and the setting was oversized location).... But still, they were adrenalin pumping twitch type shoters with Kills in the 50-60s in short matches.. and SOME had 100 points as score. COD is a slower version of the classic twitch game, smaller maps, no vehicles, HIGH SCORING, FAST, rambo , solo type all about the kills... Been playing those since day one... And I can say that...DAY ONE. BF3 will CHANGE the online MASS shooter as we know it. And COD and MOH will be churning out 1 a year sequels using the same ole tired engine. The Battle field team actually TOOK our money and made a better engine (upgraded) and we are getting a TRUE sequel..

Any fool that keeps dropping money on the CODs and MOHs are fools, until those companies truly evolve and give us something new, they are just getting the addicts and fools money right now.

27. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 01:17 Jonny5

Teddy wrote on May 24, 2011, 01:04:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 23, 2011, 21:41:
Jonny5 wrote on May 23, 2011, 21:34:

Doesnt matter that they are different games Asshat, Anyone that buys this title is a tool, period!

Must be COD fan I take it, sorry lil boy

The reason why YOU don't like COD is becuase people like me OWN YOUR ASS the second you log on to a server. So you run around on forums like this hating on the game. I bet your KD is above 0.5 and your probably GAY TOO.

I'm torn on this. Either Reagle is a complete and utter moron, or he's one of the more brilliant satirists I've ever seen. He managed to combine everything people hate about the COD community in one single statement that claims to describe the reason why people hate the CoD community.

I'm either staggeringly impressed, or on the verge of losing my faith in humanity (again). Wonder which way the coin will fall.

I might have provoked the man child with my comment, But i was "OWNING" on these types of games when he was fresh out of third grade ..and the game was called Quake and we played on servers called Quake World...same type of game now...Just Different textures and "upgrades"

BF3 will Change once again, what REAL PC gamers think about Online warfare, short of a true simulation (non ARMA hardcore) that vid of MW3 looks the same as the last 2 games released by this studio..Yes, I may buy it for single player, I do enjoy a good SP experience...but most of you K/D whores (not aimed at you Teddy) have never played ANY of these titles SP.

24. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 01:03 Jonny5

Teddy wrote on May 24, 2011, 00:54:
eunichron wrote on May 23, 2011, 23:41:
You realize that twitch shooters started PC multiplayer gaming, right?

You do realize how vastly incorrect that assertion is, right?

MUDs existed LONG before shooters ever did. Twitch shooters started PC Multiplayer FPS gaming, yes. Not multiplayer gaming as a whole. Not by a longshot.

Actually i twitched a lil while typing in the ZORK games....wait for it......JK

20. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 00:22 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on May 24, 2011, 00:07:
eunichron wrote on May 23, 2011, 23:41:
Jonny5 wrote on May 23, 2011, 21:51:
REAL PC gamers and ran back to your lil twitch shooters

You realize that twitch shooters started PC multiplayer gaming, right? All COD is is another implementation of DOOM/Quake MP. You could just have easily said, "I don't like twitch shooters," and that would have sufficed.

Yes and Twitch shooters have their place..UT3 , Quake 3 LIVE... NOT military shooters... In my opinion...We PC gamers were the ONLY people that played BF2 back in the day.. We adults do not mind doing things for the team , or running a lil to an objective...COD and MOH are for lil kids that have attention deficit disorder and need to feel superior while they crank up THEIR K/D ration...Not caring about any team play... Been gaming since Day one... In school with Doom MP LAN.. BF2 Changed the WHOLE online war shooters.. COD and MOH are just UT3 or Q3 in different textures..and now with KILLSTREAKS...

News Comments > Brink Patched
5. Re: Brink Patched May 24, 2011, 00:10 Jonny5

Sound still glitched... Splash has really dropped the ball on this one. Messed up fonts, Glitchy sound, and some people claiming worse FPS , tho FPS has never been a problem with my system... Sound glitch and font glitch has been universal... Oh well, back to Witcher 2 and Arma 2 and Quake 3 live for my Twitch fix...sigh

19. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 24, 2011, 00:07 Jonny5

Look above....^^

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 00:24.

3. Re: Brink Patched May 23, 2011, 22:22 Jonny5

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 23, 2011, 22:11:
Maybe try a different server. Medics revive me all the time. Maybe you were playing with people who still didn't know what they were doing yet.
Or maybe they were just dicks.

Sometimes it's hard to tell...

Anyway, I'm glad to see they fixed the sound issue finally. The alt-tab thing is welcome too. That annoyed the hell out of me.

Well RE-fuel is a great map, so yea, I am glad the sound is fixed..hadnt played that map too much because of sound glitch... But yea, as an Engi I am top of scoreboard all the time... Just doing Objectives ususally gets me there, tho I find it really easy to kill in this game, Even tho it is a lil too twitch for me. Can alwasy see the COD fanboys in maps tho,.... doing NO objectives and in the stupidest spots trying to get kills...LOL.

9. removed May 23, 2011, 21:51 Jonny5

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 24, 2011, 10:08.

6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 23, 2011, 21:34 Jonny5

Doesnt matter that they are different games Asshat, Anyone that buys this title is a tool, period!

Must be COD fan I take it, sorry lil boy

4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 23, 2011, 21:04 Jonny5

Just watched at IGN... Same ole Engine, has NOTHING on BF3...cant believe they think they can actually release ANOTHER mod... Looks NO better then Black Ops... Oh well, i will be too busy with BF3 to care at ALL about this teenage boys lil Internet herp derp this game and series truly is.  

1. Re: Brink Patched May 23, 2011, 20:58 Jonny5

Game STILL has font issues, horrible auto facing feature when buffing or reviving peeps, 100 FPS feels like 20 FPS... meh. Had a blast at first, but NO one plays team anything anymore, just after patch played a rounnd, had 5 Medics around me, died... had to revive my self, at Spawn point....

COD ruined any chance this game , or any other real team based will ever make it online.

Sad sad day.

News Comments > Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots
2. Re: Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots May 23, 2011, 20:55 Jonny5

Was looking forward to this, those screen look like NOTHING new...meh. Will prob buy it at 19.99 tho.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo Next Month
7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Next Month May 23, 2011, 17:21 Jonny5

Grim Dawn needs soooo much money though. I do not think they were picked up yet (by a producer) but these are some talented guys making the Titan Quest Engine kick some serious ass in this game. Always liked the TQ engine, do not know why others havent used the tech to make more Hack and slashes with LOOOOTTTT!!!!

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
23. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 21, 2011, 14:42 Jonny5

zerobytes wrote on May 21, 2011, 12:13:
Check out this old preview video of Brink. This is the gameplay I expected. It looks so much better than what we have today--mainly because this guy takes a few hits and doesn't get killed instantly. Compared to what I'm playing, he must have invulnerability enabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAH1vWkBKI

WHY did they change turrets? WHY doesn't the game look like this now.... They should be arrested for this kind of "Bait and Switch"

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
11. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 20:52 Jonny5

MajorD wrote on May 20, 2011, 17:30:
I didn't like this game out of the gate as much as I thought I initially would, but the more I play it and get used to the character, maps, physics/movement (SMART), etc., the more I am liking it. It is the same concept of 'teamwork' as QW: ET, but as of right now I think I like QW: ET much better. More time will tell...... See you on 'The Ark'. ;-P

Why do people say this... Ya heard enemy Territory and Assumed it was Quake Wars :ET that this game is like ....WRONG... This is a modern day WOLFENSTEIN : ENEMY TERRITORY.... so many people around claiming they know chit. This game is NOTHING like Quake Wars. The BRINK forums are the same way , all these 15-16 year olds claiming they KNOW Team based combat, HEAR ET mentioned and Assume it is QW:ET then repeat the same drivel on the forums just looking stupid.

Oh well, glad the BRINk you are playing is like QW:ET, the BRINK I am playing IS WOlfenstein:ET...jus like it , same classes, almost same mechanics.. NO FLYING AIRCRAFT or Vehicles... TEAM/CLASS based combat.....

Old school Gamers WILL remember the ET this game is made after, HEck they even use the SAME announcer voices.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
8. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 20:54 Jonny5

Witcher 2 is an EPIC RPG...F5 saves game. Runs well for me, All ultra (no Ubersampling ,which is another name for 8x supersampling)

Combat is a Blast once ya figure out that usin gtraps, Potions and Spells are needed. And TRISS had an incredible Set of Knockers.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2011, 20:47 Jonny5

Duke Nukem Autopsy is some brilliant marketing...

I for one will be buying this game, Just because I am 40 years old and We Ole Gamers Truly know what kind of impact Duke made to the First person Genre...Carmack was concentrating on Quake and true 3D environments, And 3drealms comes along with a 2d/3d engine made by a 19 year old Ken Silverman, and Made a colorful FUN 3d (with 2d sprites) First person shooter, with AWESOME multi player, and More awesome single player

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo