Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for paul

Real Name paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hopeless gamer with killer rig
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 14:36
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 16933

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2: Episode One
61. Re: ... Jun 2, 2006, 00:24 Jonny5

yeaaaaaa Anyhoo I did read ALOT about HL2 ALOT,Am i unhappy I spent 59.00 on it ,yep..Like I said there was only really 5-8 hours of true gaming bliss in that game.

I had my girl here and we had a stop watch going to see how long it took a forumite to respond with "Dont buy 50 dollar games" or "Your a loser that doesnt know what hes buying" od this perhaps "Well, perhaps if you actually researched what you were buying and avoided crappy games then the industry wouldn't be in the sorry state that it is." LOL your life saddens me LOL.

are you forumites alwyas this predictable?

ANd im glad I gave money to some crappy games.

because of my purchase and others some small studious have given great games in the after math of real crappy ones.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 00:27.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: ... Jun 2, 2006, 00:19 Jonny5

look the bottom line is this,

I feel that the buisness model behin episodic gmae s is great

1.Publishers have constant trickle of cash coming in(less stress on the creative minds making the game)
2.Instant feed back ( every 4-6 months the game will jsut be that much better)
3.gamwes using same engines (usually) longer,meaning in the long run we may not need to buy newest vid card as much.
4.Game engine getting fully utilized...EP1 i hear is ALOT better looking then HL2.
5.because of less push from its publisher(buiness behind the art)we are gonna see alot more and from the looks of it better gaming.

I have looked at this from alot of diff angles,Do Ibelieve 20 too much? Depends on game.Do i feel the these companys will lower the price of Ep content?No.Do I thionk that the price of 20 dollars will include future bonuses for EP game buyers? Absolutely.

Eventually I see it like this

10 years down road we can go to diff webpages and a company will offer a 1 long romp into a world or a death match map.For a quick(ultra quick by then) we get game and time and play.When we are done we put (more quarters) more money onto game we get more game time,If we so choose to buy game we do.

Kind of like back in the day we paid a quarter to get a romp in donkey kong...If we so chose we put more quartes in if not we went to next machine...think of the future of websites and Digital delivery like that.A virtual Video arcade.But in stead of machines it websites and intead of quarters its 5 dollars or 20 depending on what we want.

56. Re: ... Jun 2, 2006, 00:01 Jonny5

Funny you should make fun of my grammar I speak 3 lanquages and english is not my first...So yea I guess I should go back to school so I can impress some video game site forumite leet boy.

prey and quake wars are using the DOOM 3 engine I was saying would be used for years to come..Quake wars will come out 1.5 years after release of doom 3 and prey is gonna be good.And their are other games that are coming down pipe that will use the doom 3 tech.. please......

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 00:04.

52. Re: ... Jun 1, 2006, 23:48 Jonny5

LOL your a paranoid typical LEET gamer boy.....Sites ARE NOT PAID off to give good reviews....Pluse I have read ALOT of player reviews in VARIOUS forums....were they given game too?

take your idotic,paranoid,stereotypical bullshit somewhere else....People remember we are GAMERS ,there was a time when we got excited about GOOD GAMES...and the way they are distributed...And to the every other week bullshit....SIN and EP1 are the FIRST episodic content,GAMES AS EPISODES, EVER!!!!!!!

I really wish we all coukld gather in a room in real life i would love to see the faces and bodys that some of this crap comes from!!

and ALL major sites are given games to review...so why doesnt ALL games get above 80%....hmmmmm boy im sure stumped!

and to zeph....what the hell are you rambling about? there is nothing wrong with waiting 4-6 months between epidsodes.If the episode is full of PRIME gaming instead of HL2 which was longer but really only 8 hours of PRIME gaming.And that took 3-5 years.If duke nukem had had this TECH and marketing idea we wouldnt be waiting 8 years for a new duke game ,we could have gotten 4-6 hours of the King a lil at a time instead of NOTHING EVER.

close minded freaks

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 23:55.

49. Re: ... Jun 1, 2006, 23:26 Jonny5

Well from all the reviews I have read it sounds like HL2 EP1 kicks some serious asssss.So there we have it 2 new episodic games (sin,ep1) and BOTH have gotten above 8 on gamespot(trusted reviews) and above 8 on ALL major sites.

Maybe marketing will take note and make these 14.99 instead..but from what I have seen, we are witnessing FIRST HAND a whole new wave of digital entertainment...

If they make All 3 EPS as good as first,it means when ALL 3 are done we have 12-20 hours of PREMIUM game here...not bad for 60 bucks...Heck I spend 50 on average and crappy games all the time!!!

bring it on Valve and STEAM thanks for bringing my favorite hobby into the 21st century.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 23:28.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 21:24 Jonny5

yes my menu SYAS i am on 6x AA also in fact I played 3 hours thinking it WAS on.....then stopped REALLY looked around and saw that 6x AA had actually turned off AA completely...turned it back to 4x AA and low and behold TRUE AA goodness was back..Maybe JUSTY maybe it is turned off for you?

believe me Im a grafix whore if it slipped by me it could have slipped by you!

15. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 17:47 Jonny5

oh thanks for answer on the 6x thing.....but I am curious how before mentioned poster claims his 7800 gtx does 6x....wonder if its thru the HL2 menu or thru the powerstrip utility!!!

thanks again!

12. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 17:36 Jonny5

I have a 7900 Gt CO but how come when I choose 6x AA in HL2 menu it turns it off....Only the 4x works in the menu?/ anyone>?

I have played Fake factory and it is awesome,great new textures and GREAT music...I love playing raven holm with the new music....awesome stuff...

thanks for 6x answer if anyone care to ....

Oh and went on my ebay account..the BTTF deloreon was pulled I guess.....???? wonder why

This comment was edited on May 30, 17:37.

News Comments > Atlantis V Announced
2. Re: No subject May 28, 2006, 23:10 Jonny5

Wow ....War you need to get a life and quit hating ours so much!!

News Comments > Gold - Half-Life 2: Episode One
42. Re: No subject May 24, 2006, 18:06 Jonny5

I too have enjoyed SIN ep 1 (emergence)played thru it 3 times now.....I will buy this also.I love the fact that im gonna get 4-6 hours of GOOD gaming not 20 hours of fluff with 2 hours of good gaming hidden inside the fluff.

To all the h8ters read some Sin reviews....30 of them give it a 80+ rating....This day an age thats pretty good for a FPS.The market is drowning with FPS for a game to still get 80+ on more then 30 reviews means it is a good game.

Tho after playing Fakefactory mod for HL2 I dont know why game companys are not truly using the "Source" to its full potential.Some of the texture work in Fakefactory make HL2 look like the original SIN in comparison.

Oh and my grafix card will rock in HL2EP1!!!

inside joke for some asshats here!!!

News Comments > Over the Hedge Demo
12. Re: No subject May 14, 2006, 18:27 Jonny5

I bet my vid card could run it!!!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: No subject May 13, 2006, 01:22 Jonny5

and my video card rocks

This comment was edited on May 13, 02:10.

News Comments > The Late Show
1. DMOMM.... May 12, 2006, 01:40 Jonny5

lol, Might and Magic looks like a must buy.....

Gonna be neat to see the first game FULLY using source's HDR implementation.I know DOD did but its a Multi only game.....

Good year for PC gaming...

On that note,

Still playing SIN game,having a blast.Love the world and setting,grafix IMHO are better then HL2.Tho because of it ya do need Beefier system to fully enjoy Sin.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy: SiN Episodes: Emergence
5. Re: Game Looks Great May 10, 2006, 18:34 Jonny5

NIN your and idiot,,,,,Anyways I lek the way this game starts slow....The tech difficulties I dont see....But I must say this game looks BETTER then HL2...and I love head shots..bits of brains and head all over.....NIN was bitchign about first 15 monutes of game...HL2 didnt get gun for longer then this ....CHILL out negative boy!!

News Comments > Titan Quest Demo Wednesday
10. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 00:28 Jonny5

Im looking forward to this demo.....I hope it lets my new step upped 7900 GT shine tho.....Tho I love the first month of owning a fairly high card...Almost all demos can MAX and I dont feel like im being cheated.....

I need help!!!!

On a different note...wednesday I also get my SIN:emergence...and unless they really screwed it up (eg Vampire) my card should give me good experience in that game.

On another note....THE PS3 Conference was a total FLOP in my opinion.....

Any hoo im sleepy and bored so im just mumb.........

News Comments > PRISM: Guard Shield Demo
2. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 23:34 Jonny5

FOr the love of all HOLY and christ like........DO NOT DOWN LOAD this......

peace!!

News Comments > Cellfactor Tech Demo
23. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 18:26 Jonny5

"It is the catch-22.
It takes load of the CPU so it can have much more things to do physics on (and more advanced physics) but that means the video card has to display much more and in return reducing performance."

According to this article you could be farther away from the truth ...In fact Ageia has admitted it...heres link...

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=244

Peace

News Comments > F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point Announced
43. Re: No subject May 6, 2006, 02:55 Jonny5

I have a half price books next to me selling 10 copies of TRON 2.0 new in box for 5.oo a piece....I should pick up a few to sell on Ebay..NO?

News Comments > CoD Console vs PC
5. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 23:42 Jonny5

"CoD 2 was a garbage port anyways. They can keep their POS game for all I care."

Somebodys Walmart computer couldnt run it ......;p

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Sacred 2? May 3, 2006, 23:41 Jonny5

Or ...Sacred rings : 2

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo