Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for paul

Real Name paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hopeless gamer with killer rig
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 14:36
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 16933

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
33. removed Jun 17, 2011, 08:07 Jonny5

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 17, 2011, 09:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
9. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Jun 15, 2011, 21:18 Jonny5

Evil Timmy wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 21:15:
I've run both Ati and Nvidia (sometimes both, between the gaming and office PCs), and there really is a trade-off for each. Currently my biggest deciding factor is overscan support for connecting to an HDTV or projector. Nvidia completely lacks any support for overscan/underscan, and the custom resolution/resize options reduce resolution and result in hard-to-read text, which is a real killer when trying to play anything that requires reading, or just browsing the web. AMD has those settings as a simple slider that works perfectly. In general, though, I've been happier with nVidia's drivers in terms of stability and not messing up new games, where AMD/ATi have always been a little shaky (see the 99%-use-on-idle bug that was in six months of releases late last/earlier this year). The limited market tends to mean that you'll get very similar performance at most every price point, so if you're buying based on big-screen gaming or HTPC use, go AMD, otherwise just see whose cards have better rebates/deals when you're ready to buy.

nvidia hands down was the card to get this gen, the 570 can be had for 300 dollars now and blows away ANY ATI near that price. Hopefully I will be getting ATI next gen, but the 5 series has blown away ATI in all 3 price ranges this gen. Sad but true. While I would Jump on a 6990 at 599.99. I have owned many ATI in past, 9700 pro, 4870 x2. I am happy I did not buy into them this gen. My 570 is an incredible card at 900 MHZ never breaking 63 load, almost compares to a stock 580 and NO ATI under 400 can touch it.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
28. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 14:08 Jonny5

Edited..LOL All you tools can talk your Drivel all day, but I say FUCK you and it gets erased, Welcome to the hypocrisy I like to call America!  

27. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 14:07 Jonny5

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 14:04:
Asking you to behave like a human being instead of a terrible soundboard isn't exactly unreasonable but I can see from your posts that being reasonable is probably not something you've discovered how to do in any language.

Oh brother, seriously, what fucking Pulpit do you think you stand on?

" HAHA Charade you are" Pink Floyd

25. removed Jun 14, 2011, 14:00 Jonny5

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2011, 14:05.

23. removed Jun 14, 2011, 13:56 Jonny5

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 14, 2011, 14:05.

21. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 13:53 Jonny5

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 13:49:
I can't even make sense of that ridiculously hostile drivel. I'm not even sure how that filters through your head into a post without a logical process interrupting it.

Drivel? How about most of the Hate towards gaming on a gaming site, BN has the most closed minded Jaded Gamers I have ever seen. And Instead of just understanding a post by a GOD in the industry , mostr of the No lifers here have to Nitpick that too, Not only does BNs forumites Nit pick every fucking Game that comes out, they have to break down a stupid comment by a developer , One that has been in this industry of FPS, since FPS were ever around.

Drivel this! lil man!

19. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 13:29 Jonny5

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 11:41:
So... Games with DM = McDonalds... Rage not having Deathmatch = Steak?

I think your analogy fails a little, Willits.

That said, I'm fine with them leaving DM out. If you want to play DM, there's like 9 billion other games in which you can do so.

Creston

Which was his whole fucking point..Mostr Mc Donlads signs used to have "Over 2 billion Served"

Whole point of his statement. They started the Fucking DM for crying out loud, IF they want to leave it out, They can do whatever the Hell they want. Some of you because of some of ID failures seem to forget , this is EYE fucking DEE. You wouldnt understand the true admiration unless you were there during the whole evolution of FPS and DM.

I mother Fucking D bitches

18. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 13:25 Jonny5

yuastnav wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 09:53:
Mr. Willits, please stop making bad analogies. You may embarrass yourself. ):
Seriously, what a fething poor excuse. God, this is just so bad. I cannot believe he said that.
Well, the rest of the article isn't much better.

Tim Willits has more talent and Marketing genius in his lil Pinky then you or your Family Tree could produce in DNF production time.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage
18. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage Jun 14, 2011, 13:19 Jonny5

Is HE? I am a HUGE Will Arnett Fan, not a huge COD fan (have both BLOPS and Expansion tho) But Will Arnett is the man! (Bromance going on here)

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage
16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage Jun 14, 2011, 13:06 Jonny5

I have to wonder if Jiimy is a Gamer or not, He also had the 3ds on the show before release, but he never speaks like a gamer, or , as an example, PLAYS like a gamer, I want to see Robin Wiliams (known WoW and COD gamer , big time) come on and play sometime, Saw a show with Robin Wiliams and he named his lil girl Zelda he loved the game so much. I wonder If I ever have shot robin Wiliams.

Tho I am not a fan of Jimmy, that comment about the Edge was funny!

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2011, 11:58 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:58:
Bhruic wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:40:
My problem is less with the score, because hey, that's individual tastes. But the fact that he considered the game great after finishing it in a single play session is a bit sad. I'm not spending $50 for a game, and then wondering what I'm going to be playing tomorrow.

You are all sheep, Most reviews have been crappy 360 version, The PC version (which on average has 80 % from 4 reviewers), if ya play it to have fun with no Eleetism or "Modern Shooter" expectations, you will have a blast with this game, I for one Am happy I spent 44.99 on it, Has been a blast to play and when Dedicated server files are released , I foresee some great Multiplayer games ahead.

One of the most entertaining and refreshing shooters I have played in awhile.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2011, 11:58 Jonny5

Bhruic wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:40:
My problem is less with the score, because hey, that's individual tastes. But the fact that he considered the game great after finishing it in a single play session is a bit sad. I'm not spending $50 for a game, and then wondering what I'm going to be playing tomorrow.

You are all sheep, Most reviews have been crappy 360 version, The PC version, if ya play it to have fun with no Eleetism or "Modern Shooter" expectations, you will have a blast with this game, I for one Am happy I spent 44.99 on it, Has been a blast to play and when Dedicated server files are released , I foresee some great Multiplayer games ahead.

One of the most entertaining and refreshing shooters I have played in awhile.

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite to "Unite" CoD Audience
10. Re: Call of Duty Elite to Jun 13, 2011, 11:36 Jonny5

The "Elite Service" is an option for players, Includes VERY detailed stats page and community for elite players, And "Elite Service" will receive expansions free of charge. The regular Online will not require ANY monthly service fees.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
4. removed Jun 10, 2011, 00:39 Jonny5

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 10, 2011, 09:38.

News Comments > Duke 3D Audio Cards Auction
8. Re: Duke 3D Audio Cards Auction Jun 9, 2011, 17:59 Jonny5

Steve Spielberg?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details?
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 11:50 Jonny5

I think you will all be surprised how fun full version is. My bet it gets mostly 8- 8.5 on most major gaming sites, Game has a lot in store for duke fans. believe me! do not judge it by demo, the game gets so over the top fun it will be talked about a year from now!  

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
32. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 15:38 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 15:36:
Overon wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 15:10:
Blue really knows how to select the stories that inflame the PC fans.

In the videos for the game that I have seen and interviews, they brag about how they have over 100 dungeons. The problem with that is, you have 100 dungeons which are cookie cutter and unmemorable. Bethesda entire approach is quantity over quality. They probably have software that randoly constructs dungeons and fills them with enemies and items. You can't craft 100+ dungeons without one. This is why Bethesdas console centric are rpgs are blah.

it is 150 ..150 Unique dungeons hand designed dungeons, your hate is already deafening your hearing, take a fucking Xanax and wait for release to do your typical PC whining. Christ I am almost embarrassed to be a PC gamer, but I have been doing it since 1984 so I cant change now.

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
30. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 15:36 Jonny5

Overon wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 15:10:
Blue really knows how to select the stories that inflame the PC fans.

In the videos for the game that I have seen and interviews, they brag about how they have over 100 dungeons. The problem with that is, you have 100 dungeons which are cookie cutter and unmemorable. Bethesda entire approach is quantity over quality. They probably have software that randoly constructs dungeons and fills them with enemies and items. You can't craft 100+ dungeons without one. This is why Bethesdas console centric are rpgs are blah.

After Oblivion, Bethesda is dead to me. They don't make RPG's that I like, but I'm sure they will make boatloads on the consoles anyway.

it is 150 ..150 Unique dungeons, our hate is already deafening you

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo
98. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Jun 8, 2011, 00:17 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 23:59:
Dades wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 22:45:
Jonny5 wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 22:38:
Little Fella? I am a 40 year old Gamer that has no problem with games..I adapt, I learn to get used to change. Times are a changin lil fella, This isnt the golden age of PC gaming anymore, console have a foot print , and its not going to chnage. This Demo is fine, looks great plays great and will be a good game to hold me off till D3, I have been gaming on PC before you knew what your Dick was for lil fella.

No one believes you or cares little one.

And that is why I called it an idiotic or short sighted approach.

Everyone that games on a computer has at least an intel GMA level graphic card, so may be all games should be written for that lowest common denominator graphics. And also, since FPS on consoles are played with controllers, then perhaps that's what should be the best option to play FPS.

Whether a game controller (keyboard, mouse, gamepad, joystick) is suitable or not is related to the genre and the particular game, not to a platform (at least not for PC)

It doesn't matter, if they didn't want people using the keyboard and mouse they could told them before hand quite easily by not making a PC version. When you make a PC version you had better support the default input peripherals users will have and guess what is the most common?

I game with a I7 2600 at 4.8 Ghz and 2x 580 GTX (both at 875 Mhz)....Who the fuck are you to judge my appreciation of games. I am a gamer, unlike most of you bitter fuck QQ about everything.

I dont even OWN a 360 or PS3...But I just may buy one since they are getting some great titles my PC isnt ...your a punk.

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo