Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for paul

Real Name paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hopeless gamer with killer rig
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 14:36
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 16933

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Price is Right Dec 28, 2009, 12:12 Jonny5

I love seeing people Win all that Stuff. He wins the 26,000 cash, Take that pay the prize taxes and He has himself a Mustang and a scooter AND a charger! Good for him!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior: Living Legends Released
17. Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends Released Dec 27, 2009, 21:54 Jonny5

http://www.youtube.com/eurogamersclan

Small lil vid, Very fun game

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2009, 09:09 Jonny5

I agree, Both Hulu and Netflix has Christmas Story. Watch it NOW. Classic, and Yes Die hard is now a classic Christmas movie  

News Comments > Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer
12. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer Dec 24, 2009, 20:16 Jonny5

I always have my Fan at 100% when gaming ( i wear headphones) So yea...Thx tho!  

News Comments > Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer
10. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer Dec 24, 2009, 10:22 Jonny5

At least you guys are able to try it out. My 4870 x2 is ready to take a shit, Risen and this game DO NTO LIKE my card. Both games start locking and flicking screen 5 minutes into them, and temp at 106. I even ran game at MIN resolution with NO effects on, Card does same damn thing, and same with Risen. Tho I can run ANY OTHER game no problem for Hours at a time...Fucking 4870 x 2 worst 540 ever spent IMHO.  

News Comments > Divinity II: Ego Draconis Demo
13. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Demo Dec 22, 2009, 14:20 Jonny5

I dont know if anyone reads these after the daily update, But I have really had it with this card, 4870x2 only Risen and Divine D 2 and stalekr do this to my card, I can play Dragons age all pimped out for hours no problem, My card is acting really strange, Sometimes it is Idleing at 78, Sometimes 46. When In games like risen and other one DD2 The card and CCC auto slides my slider for Crosssfire AI to the left, The I have to slide it back to the right.  

12. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Demo Dec 22, 2009, 07:59 Jonny5

You didn't change the default settings and/or unlock the ATI overdrive in the CCC did you? I did that with my first 4780x2 (Put the fan speed at 50% and removed ATI Powerplay since many said it caused problems) I regretted it, because about a month later I started Blue Screening and getting constant VPU recovery errors. Luckily they allowed me to RMA it and gave me a new one. I never made the mistake of going into their settings again. Haven't had a problem since (and that was around this time last year)

Odd that it's only Risen and Div2. No game, even Clear Sky or Crysis, send me over 80c. As soon as I hit it, the fans just ramp up and keep the temp around 78-79c.

Risen *is* coming out on the 360 in a month or two if you can wait. Though I saw screenshots of it leaked on a board a few months ago and it looked hideous, like an N64 game. Word is, that's why it was delayed.

UJm , I have to Enble Overdrive, Or else the fan is sporadic, I use the Over drive to manual set fan to 85-100% in games. If I dont Nothing works

9. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Demo Dec 21, 2009, 18:44 Jonny5

I will do a complete Driver sweep then, What version you suggest? Yea I just removed card recently and Gave it a good dusting, Found a place where it said revert to default settings, And it took care of same problem I was having in many other games (not artifacts, Like Frame skipping with freezing) After reset All those games ran fine, But Risen Demo and now this Demo..No good, I can play Dragon age for 5 hours straight at 1900x1200 all max 12x AA and never have a problem, Only these 2 games. Kind of pissed really, Wanted to buy Risen, and this. I am running 9.8, best driver Yet so far IMHO. But not with these 2 games. Any real sure fire way to completely get rid of ATI, Including the bloody CCC. I use Driver clean, Do A safe boot, Run Driver sweeper again, Run Ccleaner, Reboot, then install drivers. Is this a wrong way>? And I will check screws on card, Because maybe there is a slight gap now...102 degrees while trying the demo again. fan at 100%

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 18:48.

7. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Demo Dec 21, 2009, 17:13 Jonny5

Well this like Risen starts messing with my GPU, Card never goes over 95C (4870x2) but after playing either game demos after 5 minutes Screen starts to flicker and Freeze of and on. Real pain. Will just play it on Xbox i guess...Sheesh

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 17:14.

News Comments > World of Darkness MMOG Confirmed
29. Re: World of Darkness MMOG Confirmed Aug 13, 2009, 20:04 Jonny5

"Oh yay. Now we get Edweerd, Eddward, Edwardd, Bufffy, Buffyy, and Jakobb all spamming LFG!" That is some funny shit!  

4. Re: New York Trip Aug 1, 2009, 17:20 Jonny5

I highly suggest you watch the super car vid from the air force (pop up add here) it is friggin sweet  

News Comments > Two Worlds II Announced
11. Re: Two Worlds II Announced Jul 3, 2009, 15:24 Jonny5

Im sorry, But when IGN and Gamespot "READERS" (you know, Us , the gamers) award Oblivion game of year. It is Probably a pretty good game. But I have put 15-20 hours into Stacking my weapons and Armor in Two Worlds. When I played Two Worlds, I thought Diablo persoanlly, It had that Random Loot drop addiction for me at least. But a heck of a lot lower budget.

If these games were Movies, Oblivion had an "Epic Movie" Budget, where as Two Worlds was more of an "Medium Budget Independent Movie"

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2009, 15:27.

News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer & Database
11. Re: The Old Republic Trailer & Database Jun 1, 2009, 21:38 Jonny5

Incredible trailer, regardless of what game this trailer was for, that is some of the best CGI i have ever seen, Watched 3 times in HD the attention to detail is amazing!  

News Comments > R.I.P.: Dave Arneson
3. Re: R.I.P. Dave Arneson Apr 9, 2009, 10:46 Jonny5

Guess sitting around your basement living in alternate worlds your whole life isnt too healthy....2 in one years time...both young. Crazy. Non Active Gamer Geeks...Beware. Get out side. Excercise, Eat right!

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2009, 10:49.

News Comments > AMD HD 4890 & NVIDIA GTX 275
12. Re: AMD HD 4890 & NVIDIA GTX 275 Apr 2, 2009, 13:06 Jonny5

Rumor has it, my 4870x2 will run D3 just fine!!  

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Apr 2, 2009, 12:21 Jonny5

I would highly suggest Drakensang...Good price , polished gameplay..Nothing really new, but endless character rolls and very nice graphics...  

News Comments > AMD HD 4890 & NVIDIA GTX 275
6. Re: AMD HD 4890 & NVIDIA GTX 275 Apr 2, 2009, 12:10 Jonny5

ageing 4870? LOL dude....Get a life. That card still rocks. i own a 4870 x2 , and with each driver release it is almost like getting a new card!  

News Comments > April Foolin' 2009, Part 3
10. Re: April Foolin' 2009, Part 3 Apr 1, 2009, 16:43 Jonny5

LOl just noticed the 'Pinks News" Classic  

News Comments > Runes of Magic Live
1. Re: Runes of Magic Live Mar 19, 2009, 13:22 Jonny5

Great free to play game...and the "diamond" system, sis well implemented. If I feel like spending 9.99 for 500 diamonds i can...Buy me slots, or other stuff. But you can have a great character without spending any money!

If you are running a 4870x2 or xfire, besure to turn off the xcross fire thingy

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
6. Re: New ATI Drivers Mar 18, 2009, 16:07 Jonny5

Loving the heck out of my 4870 x2  

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo