Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Sanctum Beta Tomorrow
1. Re: Sanctum Beta Tomorrow Mar 24, 2011, 04:06 Wesp5

I don't know anything about tower defense games but this reminds me of Unreal II where you had to set up a defensive perimeter in one level.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released
22. Re: English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released Dec 26, 2010, 22:49 Wesp5

Bumpy wrote on Dec 26, 2010, 21:21:
Cheese wrote on Dec 26, 2010, 12:15:
only cut scenes are in english the rest of it is english text, with no voices at all.

Not so sure the Russian version had any more voice audio than this either though??

Of course the Russian version had full voice overs. I'm quite disappointed they dropped even those and I will very probably continue doing my own patches to fix bugs as well, hoping they will work on the "English" versions too ;)!

News Comments > Freeware Battlestar Galactica Game Plans
24. Re: Freeware Battlestar Galactica Game Plans Nov 5, 2010, 05:40 Wesp5

As far as I know there is a Star Wars mod for FS2 in the works.

Also I recently rediscovered the Babylon 5 FS2 mod "The Babylon Project" which has been finished some time ago and is very playable. It has lots of great campaigns and missions, some straight out of the show! There is nothing that beats watching a Shadow battlecrab slice a Narn cruiser in half or flying Shadow or Vorlon bioships yourself :)!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Sep 22, 2010, 06:51 Wesp5

Prez wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 00:11:
Is there any reason I wouldn't want the 'plus' patch over the standard?

No, unless you are a purist who wants to experience the game in the unfinished state it was released in.

39. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jun 29, 2010, 07:33 Wesp5

Jerykk wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 04:20:
Color me confused. Doesn't Bloodlines use the exact same system as DX? As in, the higher your gun skill, the faster your reticule contracts?

It does, but what is missing, is that weapons suddenly are able to do things that they couldn't before. Like in DX with high armed stats you could suddenly destroy cameras which makes no sense!

For people who played a pacifist, the game provides the most powerful melee weapon (Ra blade) and ranged weapon (flamethrower) for free near the end so nobody should give up in the combat intensive end game.

And whoever compared Bloodlines and it's brilliant voice acting to ME should look a bit closer at the faces. In ME there are no emotions transported during the dialogues at all which is done much better in Bloodlines.

Also the patch doesn't mostly fix patch problems, the game is so complex that some issues are still open today with no SDK available. I never get any crashes and for everyone wanting to stay close to the original game, the default version is the "basic" patch which does only bug fixes. The optional "plus" version tweaks stuff and adds new content.

For new quests try the Clan Quest Mod which adds new quests for each clan.

News Comments > Deep Shadows Games Translated
9. Re: Deep Shadows Games Translated Jun 8, 2010, 03:30 Wesp5

White Gold is very similar to Boiling Point except with fewer bugs ;). Precursors though is a classic in my eyes that should have been released in the west. You can get both games on ebay...  

News Comments > More on the Portal ARG
7. Re: More on the Portal ARG Mar 4, 2010, 07:00 Wesp5

Sepharo wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 22:16:
I wouldn't be mad if Valve went through more of their games and changed things.

Please no! This would surely end up like George Lucas and Star Wars. In fact, HL2 and its episodes are already like the SW prequels to me when compared to the original HL or the original SW trilogy...

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 17, 2009, 04:03 Wesp5

The mod community is just starting to wake up! It all began with Dheu's Companion mod adding companions to the game, then followed the Clan Quest Mod adding new quests and the Camarilla mod tweaking a lot of other stuff. There is also a mod in the works in which you play Antitribu clans...

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2009, 04:25.

News Comments > Bloodlines Patch Plans
19. Re: Bloodlines Patch Plans Nov 3, 2009, 09:20 Wesp5

For everyone interested, most missing quest sequences and items have already been restored in the versions up to 6.5. What I did for 6.6 was looking through all the game files for unused character textures and scenery models. So don't expect a lot of gameplay changes but rather more original Troika models and stuff to improve the atmosphere of this classic! As for why I do this, IMHO Bloodlines is one of the best games ever and fixing and restoring lost content is such a lot of fun :)!  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Interview
12. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Jul 10, 2009, 07:17 Wesp5

Speaking of TF2, it should be mentioned that this was not actually as cheap as people imply here, because on first release you had to buy EP2 and Portal and possibly re-buy HL2 just to get it.

As for the interview itself, the following is strange, isn't it:

Strategy Informer: Can you elaborate on the post-launch DLC support you’ll be providing for both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 then?

Doug Lombardi: For Left 4 Dead 2 we plan to carry on our history of putting new stuff out.

So no talk of DLC support for Left 4 Dead although specifically asked about it. Only talk of mods but that is community work and not Valve. Maybe he wouldn't want to lie once more to the fans ;)?

News Comments > More DNF Media?
25. Re: More DNF Media? May 12, 2009, 07:23 Wesp5

"I'd laugh my ass off if the community got a hold of that game."

I would bet the community could fix that unfinished game up :)!

2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Apr 23, 2009, 04:04 Wesp5

Not yet :)! I just managed to restore the fragmentation grenade in 6.1 and there is still the Dragon's Breath to do for the next patch! And people will surely still find bugs although I hope less and less.  

News Comments > Gearbox Layoffs
27. Re: Gearbox Layoffs Nov 24, 2008, 07:48 Wesp5

I think Valve has problems on it's own regarding game releases and delays, just look at the HL2 episodes. But I think they keep on going because they make money with Steam all the time to keep them afloat until they can release their next game. I only wonder how long this will work now that Microsoft starts selling games online...  

News Comments > Prey for Linux Demo
6. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 24, 2008, 07:25 Wesp5

While nothing absolutely spectacular, Prey had a lot of cool things for a normal shooter like the portals and the wall walking and the gravity switching and the ghost walking!  

16. Re: I like how The Patches Scrolls Sep 4, 2008, 12:40 Wesp5

The unofficial patch indeed works with the steam version of Bloodlines and for everyone not liking changes to the gameplay the patch comes in two versions: *basic* which only fixes bugs and does very little else and *plus*, which restores a lot of cut content and does some tweaking.

15. Re: The Endless Patch Jun 13, 2008, 04:56 Wesp5

Uh, I'm in no way associated with Troika games and I don't think Dan Upright who started the patch was either. Maybe one reason why it takes so many patches to get it right is that I'm not a programmer at all, there is no SDK and everything must be done by trial and error. Of course it's kind of a hobby now ;), but just look at the Planet Vampire forums where people are posting the bug reports and you will notice that as long as people still play it and find issues with this very complex game, I will continue to fix them :)!

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 05:30.

12. Re: Digital Distribution May 16, 2008, 08:25 Wesp5

The unofficial patches work with the Steam version of Bloodlines.

News Comments > Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
14. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 04:53 Wesp5

Hmmm, are you implying I patch the game just for publicity reasons? No, it's just so complex that even after all this time new bugs are found. I really hope myself that this will end someday ;)!

14. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 04:17 Wesp5

"While it is nice that someone keeps putting out a patch... I'm not sure what the purpose is after all these years, and seeing a patch like every other month. I mean you'd think that after a few of the unofficial patches, the game would be fine for most people."

Yeah, that's what I thought at the beginning as well ;), but still new bugs turn up or new unused content that can be restored. And the patch download numbers show that the game is still being played a lot, maybe because it is the only single player contemporary FPS/RPG game that I know off. Also fixing it is more fun to me, than playing several other of the recently released games :)!

25. Re: Bloodlines... Feb 7, 2008, 09:51 Wesp5

"I believe one of the unofficial patches (there are two different ones, as previously mentioned here) includes the widescreen hack also."

The current unofficial patches include an improved widescreen patcher and they also offer the choice of two versions, a "basic" one which mainly fixes bugs and a "plus" one, which adds a lot of restored content that may change the gameplay a bit more.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo