Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 119 (Novice)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 09:52 Wesp5

Wasn't this the same with the last Call of Duty game and then it quickly was corrected after people played it with only 4 GB?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes Released
3. Re: Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes Released Oct 1, 2014, 08:26 Wesp5

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 01:07:
Mrs. Marple > Sherlock Holmes

Nope. Sherlock Holmes > Mrs. Marple. Mrs. Marple may have been funnier. but I really dislike how in the normal Agatha Christie story everyone has a motive and every suspect is always in the same location. Sherlock Holmes on the other hand always needed to go out and do some work! And with Columbo you always knew who the killer was from the start anyway :)...

News Comments > CCP Closing SF Office
8. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 15:57 Wesp5

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:38:
Wasn't it Activision who made the first VtM game?

Activision published VtM: Bloodlines and is both guilty of releasing it unfinished and on the same day as HL2. If you want details read what Tim Cain has to say about it: http://books.google.com/books?id=lroZsP4zyIYC&pg=PA102

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
12. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 16:45 Wesp5

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 11:30:
Wesp5 wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 11:04:
I'm still amazed that something like this is even possible, a lot of trailers look better than the actual gameplay! Most recent case that I can remember is Bioshock Infinitive...

Not just looking better but there were many, many areas which were showcased in their 'gameplay' demos which either never made it to the game...

So what? The same was true for the Bioshock Infinite trailer which showed a critical sequence in which Elisabeth was about to being lynched and this didn't made it into the game either! Of course no one is processing because BI was a better game overall, but please people, if you want to complain because a game is bad, don't blame it on the trailers ;)!

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
4. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 11:04 Wesp5

I'm still amazed that something like this is even possible, a lot of trailers look better than the actual gameplay! Most recent case that I can remember is Bioshock Infinitive...  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
13. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 03:25 Wesp5

DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:06:
I only finished the game with a cheat that turned off the weapon degradation and never ending monster spawns.

I finished it without cheating, but still people seem to forget that SS2 had some very serious gameplay issues like the ones mentioned above! Also with the stupid ship layout and backtracking due to the "non-linear" level design, I never had the feeling I'm on board of a spaceship in the first place. And the "surprise" was so obvious a long time before it was revealed, that I was rather annoyed that they pulled off the same trick in Bioshock all over again....

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
21. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 11, 2014, 03:56 Wesp5

Redmask wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:15:
If you can make money off the same thing twice, why not?

Yeah, how often has Valve released Counter-Strike now?

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
10. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 15:02 Wesp5

verybad1 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 14:51:
Companies have to make their money, in order to stay in business.

So why not make a new game then? What sense does it make to rerelease old games on newer engines? What I have seen of Metro 2033 there is no need at all to update a linear corridor shooter that looked fine already.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
23. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Aug 1, 2014, 08:07 Wesp5

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:47:
There is a marked difference between what someone expects and what someone is promised.

I agree. I find it quite interesting that so many people complain about minor differences in the ACM trailer compared to the game, but nobody much did the same when Bioshock: Infinite showed a whole sequence that never made it into the game and looked much better than the final game itself too. I guess because ACM itself was a bad game, people just stick to it!

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
2. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 16:35 Wesp5

Yeah, what do they mean by that? Granted, everyone noticed that Valve makes more money with Steam than with games, but it's a little late for a small developer like Crytek to catch up with them now...  

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
46. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 04:13 Wesp5

dizave wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 01:53:
lack of efficiency meaning poor performance?

If you are talking about the CryEngine here, certainly lack of efficiency meaning poor performance! Compared to idTech or Unreal, Crytek always took the brute-force approach in that if your graphics card wasn't top, the games would run poorly. And in my opinion they made the same error as id in that they ignored the licencing market. Now lets hope the Chrome engine will stay with us for some time...

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
44. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 03:35 Wesp5

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 01:59:
To put things in perspective, Valve has just over 300 employees and is infinitely more successful.

Yeah, but not because of their games, but because they got the digital distribution headstart by forcing all Counter-Strike players into Steam. I bet without Steam Valve would have been bancrupt several years ago!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer
16. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer Jun 18, 2014, 14:58 Wesp5

Task wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 22:50:
but what exactly is happening, does TF2 have some sort of Raid Boss mode now with a giant mutated piece of loaf?

Why not? Valve is still copying everthing out there and after the L4D people create Evolve, this looks exaclty like a TF2 copy of it...

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 10:03 Wesp5

Rigs wrote on May 24, 2014, 23:11:
DangerDog wrote on May 24, 2014, 15:59:
You guys are way too pessimistic...I think once the space sim genre gets a kick in the ass again with Elite and Star Citizen and the indie sims released, it might be enough to set off another space sim golden-era, where old titles like X-Wing (god, spent SO much time on that one, with a mouse and a 486SX/25, no joystick whatsoever) get redone in new graphical chrome.

BTW, any of you tried The Babylon Project which gives you great free dogfighting in the Babylon 5 universe using the Freespace 2 engine? Compared to a fight between Vorlons and Shadows any Star Wars battle pales :)!

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
36. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 07:27 Wesp5

Dagnamit wrote on May 22, 2014, 20:58:
fair enough, but what was the last game Valve (in house) released?

officially DOTA 2. last year. I don't really think CS:GO counts (not sure how much Hidden Path did of that one), but it was out in 2012. Portal 2, a 3 platform game, released in 2011. L4D1 and 2 in 2009 and 2010.

I think he was asking about (in house) games, in like not just a mod team brought into the house to pimp up their mod and release it as a commercial game...

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
27. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 15:49 Wesp5

Quboid wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:40:
(BTW, Valve apparently get 30%, so they've made many hundreds of thousands of dollars out of nothing.)

There you have the reason why Valve Greenlights everything, dosn't care about Early Access and sells old games that won't work at all unless you install third party software. No need to create HL3 too, when you can make easy money out of nothing!

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
8. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 03:10 Wesp5

What I don't understand is that showing swasticas and killing Nazis is allowed in movies here, see Inglourious Basterds, it's just not allowed in video games...  

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
10. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 16:25 Wesp5

ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 13:22:
The shadow warrior remake by Devolver was amazing.

It wasn't amazing, it was boring! Copy and Paste levels, the same handful of enemies throughout the whole game and nothing left from the humor of the original. It played like Serious Sam Asian Edition ;)...

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
5. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 12:54 Wesp5

Can't these companies think of something new? They already messes up the Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior and Thief reboots. So Blood will be next?  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS
23. Re: Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS Feb 5, 2014, 03:02 Wesp5

This reminds me of the 6 GB RAM requirement for CoD: Ghosts. Maybe they have some secret deals with MS or hardware vendors ;)...  

119 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo