Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1651 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2013, 21:21 dubfanatic

A pirate radio station has been running in my neighborhood for over 4 years, running on the only quiet FM frequency and making my car Bluetooth/FM adapter useless in my neighborhood. The FCC knows about it and has done nothing. It seems they care more about doling out fines for showing nipples and saying bad words than performing their original mandate.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 19, 2013, 22:24 dubfanatic

whoa, I didn't know Worms Armageddon was on Steam...

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
32. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 23:11 dubfanatic

What we saw was that players were having such a good time they didn't want to leave the game, which kept our servers packed and made it difficult for new players to join.

Blame it on the players. Genius. "It's not our fault our game doesn't work, it's YOUR fault!"

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
51. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 01:52 dubfanatic

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!

Things are going to start happening to me now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 10:49 dubfanatic

Now maybe Brian Reynolds can get back to making games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 13:46 dubfanatic

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:04:
So when your Wii breaks (and judging by the 2 that broke on my kids, it WILL break) you have to re-purchase all of your downloaded games? That's just bullshit.

If you send it to Nintendo for repair and you didn't modify the system, they will transfer your downloaded content to the replacement. At least that's how they did it when I worked as a Nintendo service rep about 2 years ago.

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
8. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 06:52 dubfanatic

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 01:59:
The world is not some sort of game.

To be so naive...

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming
16. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 20:28 dubfanatic

RARHRRHHRHHR I WANT MY GAMEZ

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 30, 2012, 02:17 dubfanatic

I wouldn't use another LG phone if you paid me, not even a Nexus. They just don't get software or support.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 21, 2012, 01:58 dubfanatic

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:56:
which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

Anyone who is savvy gets a Nexus phone. There are millions of others who get suckered by some failed used car salesman at a mall kiosk into committing to some pile of shit that will launch with an outdated version and never get an update. Or, if they are especially unlucky, they will get an update which ends up causing more problems than it fixes.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
103. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 00:08 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:24:
Apparently you were confused by the term "men". You are thinking of the term "pansies".

Let me clue you in. Men don't cry over someone flirting with them. Pansies, such as yourself, do. If the worst thing to ever happen to me at work was the gay boss hit on me, I'd consider myself lucky. I wonder if any of you feminists have jobs that don't involve promoting some kind of bullshit "awareness". Bet you've never done a days work in your life.

WA WA WEE WA, YOU A REAL MAN, YES? HIGH FIVE!

87. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:50 dubfanatic

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:36:
@ Orogogus

What isn't clear to me is if the behavior continued after the woman made it clear it was unwanted and considered inappropriate. That is what would constitute illegal harassment as far as I understand the law. As the lawyer explained, it only becomes illegal after it continues past the notification.

See paragraph 76 of the Complaint and Summons linked in the article. It says she complained "throughout the course of her employment". Whether or not that is true will come out in the case, but fabricating claims is a pretty serious deal and any halfway decent lawyer wouldn't allow it, so I'd be surprised if it was false. Also paragraph 85 describes a harassing comment made after the email was sent. It also continues in paragraph 88.

86. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:42 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:37:
Uh, I believe he owns the company.

As an aside, I wonder what people would think about this presented from a different perspective. Reverse the genders, and now tell me what guy would be crying over their multi-millionare female boss flirting with them...

(I'm assuming he is a multi-millionare, I don't know his actual worth. Someone in the know can enlighten me here.)

If it is unwanted, it is harassment, no matter what genders are involved.

81. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:25 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:19:
Pretty sure just about every labor company hiring illegal mexicans beat you to the punch there. Oh sorry, you were trying to be witty. Guess you weren't aware that there is a world outside. Oh, and guess you weren't aware that that there is a world outside of the US, as well. Enjoy living in your little bubble. Minimum wage, hah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

78. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:07 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 18:57:
Pretty sure your grandma would slap the shit out of you for crying over someone sending you a sex quiz link compared to some of the stuff she probably endured and didn't complain about. Grow a pair.

I'm going to hire someone and pay them less than minimum wage. Then when they complain, I'm going to tell them "oh boohoo, we used to have slaves here. Be glad you are getting paid anything." Wow, I can't believe nobody has thought of this before! I'll save so much money!

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
34. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 19:27 dubfanatic

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 18:14:
Everything is part of culture, if you exclude the trash, you are just setting yourself up for future trash,, because if no bad examples of past exist, how do you think people in 50 years will know how NOT to make identical trash all over again?

People don't produce trash because they don't know any better. They produce it because it sells. Pop culture is 99% worthless crap because the sole purpose of it is to make money, and to do that you pander to the lowest common denominator.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2012, 00:43 dubfanatic

In the Ron Paul game, is the final boss a fleet footed black boy?  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
67. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:43 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:30:
Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Actually most people that rag on IE8 and previous do so because they are shitty browsers that were obsolete before they were even released and set back the progress of web technologies by several years. IE10 is actually a good browser and you won't hear me hate on it at all. But hey, enjoy the company of all the 60-year-olds running eMachines browsing the web as if it was still 2006.

66. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:40 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:04:
Most people use IE8. Between blocking 3rd party cookies and using the private browser I don't need another browser. And I actually prefer it over other browsers. IE9 sucks though, and I hear 10 is even worse. Firefox is ok but awkward and Chrome is just horribly clumsy and ugly.

pffhfhahahahahaha

44. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 18:39 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:11:
Who the fuck doesn't support IE8?

A better question is, who the fuck still uses IE8 in 2012?

http://www.mozilla.org
https://www.google.com/chrome
http://www.opera.com

Take your pick.

1651 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo