Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1637 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
78. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:07 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 18:57:
Pretty sure your grandma would slap the shit out of you for crying over someone sending you a sex quiz link compared to some of the stuff she probably endured and didn't complain about. Grow a pair.

I'm going to hire someone and pay them less than minimum wage. Then when they complain, I'm going to tell them "oh boohoo, we used to have slaves here. Be glad you are getting paid anything." Wow, I can't believe nobody has thought of this before! I'll save so much money!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
34. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 19:27 dubfanatic

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 18:14:
Everything is part of culture, if you exclude the trash, you are just setting yourself up for future trash,, because if no bad examples of past exist, how do you think people in 50 years will know how NOT to make identical trash all over again?

People don't produce trash because they don't know any better. They produce it because it sells. Pop culture is 99% worthless crap because the sole purpose of it is to make money, and to do that you pander to the lowest common denominator.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2012, 00:43 dubfanatic

In the Ron Paul game, is the final boss a fleet footed black boy?  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
67. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:43 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:30:
Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Actually most people that rag on IE8 and previous do so because they are shitty browsers that were obsolete before they were even released and set back the progress of web technologies by several years. IE10 is actually a good browser and you won't hear me hate on it at all. But hey, enjoy the company of all the 60-year-olds running eMachines browsing the web as if it was still 2006.

66. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:40 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:04:
Most people use IE8. Between blocking 3rd party cookies and using the private browser I don't need another browser. And I actually prefer it over other browsers. IE9 sucks though, and I hear 10 is even worse. Firefox is ok but awkward and Chrome is just horribly clumsy and ugly.

pffhfhahahahahaha

44. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 18:39 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:11:
Who the fuck doesn't support IE8?

A better question is, who the fuck still uses IE8 in 2012?

http://www.mozilla.org
https://www.google.com/chrome
http://www.opera.com

Take your pick.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 9, 2012, 23:56 dubfanatic

Klaus Flouride wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 23:02:
On a side note that Android figure seems extremely low. You're selling millions of handsets a month and the overall figure is only $550 million? That seems way off.

Seems right to me. Most Android apps are not worth paying for (largely a result of how frustrating Android is to develop for and the poor quality control of Android MarketGoogle Play), and Android phones generally target a low-income, younger demographic that may not have the means to pay for apps. This is compounded by the fact that there are no Android MarketGoogle Play gift cards.

News Comments > Stardock 2011 Customer Report
11. Re: Stardock 2011 Customer Report Mar 21, 2012, 23:05 dubfanatic

Dev wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 22:18:
MS has removed the ability to go to classic windows mode from windows 8 to lock in everyone into the new metro UI (in other words, dumbing down PC's to make them closer to phone/tablet style). Everything is going to be full screen now. I don't even know why they bother to call it "windows" anymore. So yeah, if stardock can restore some of that, then they will make a pile of money.

Maybe you should try the Windows 8 Preview before you make yourself look like a fool.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 12, 2012, 17:32 dubfanatic

CK2 hits top 10

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 21, 2012, 13:46 dubfanatic

Oh, East Saint Louis, when will you stop being the butt of jokes?

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 27, 2011, 01:26 dubfanatic

Kerbal? Isn't he the guy who had his dog kicked, and now he needs an operation?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 20, 2011, 11:08 dubfanatic

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 10:25:
Huffington post has an amazing crap-ware video player on their site that when you press pause to silence it (besides it automatically starting) does not actually pause nor silence the damn thing. Blocked the whole player, good riddance.

The problem is that you were reading the Huffington Post.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 16:28 dubfanatic

Yeah, I have no idea how it figures out the host but it seems like it prefers people based on connection quality (upload speed and NAT quality most likely). After getting cable Internet I would almost always be made the host after the original host would leave a game, even in large games, but I was not so lucky with earlier connection types.

Team Mafiya Work with team blips enabled is actually quite enjoyable especially with a decent team and good settings, but it does have some serious bugs that crop up from time to time. I think I might download this again and give it another go tomorrow.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 14:43 dubfanatic

GTA IV uses peer-to-peer matchmaking through GFWL, not dedicated servers, so I don't think that is the case here.  

News Comments > 1600+ Modern Warfare 3 Bans
5. Re: 1600+ Modern Warfare 3 Bans Nov 19, 2011, 03:19 dubfanatic

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 02:54:
Thats assuming cheaters create a new steam account for each game they buy/play/cheat-on... something that I think is rather unlikely... people are stupid, and cheaters are the definition of stupid.

Cheaters are stupid but they are often very persistent. You would be amazed at what some cheaters will do in order to continue cheating after being banned.

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
31. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands" Nov 17, 2011, 20:26 dubfanatic

It will be a Lawrence Welk MMO. You heard it here first.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2011, 15:00 dubfanatic

I guess I'm lucky. The one time I've ever needed to call roadside assistance (through MasterCard), they told me it could take an hour for the truck to get there but it only took 15 minutes.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 22, 2011, 01:15 dubfanatic

MuzixMon wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:56:
That's for new members only BTW!

Maybe I misread this but existing members get the discount too. I got an email with the code, and I didn't even "Like" their Facebook page to get it.

News Comments > Out of the Park Developments' Hockey Plans
1. Re: Out of the Park Developments' Hockey Plans Oct 22, 2011, 01:02 dubfanatic

FUCKING SWEET  

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
39. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 18, 2011, 15:03 dubfanatic

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 18:12:
I'm looking at Japan. Massive loss in the older population, with a serious gap in younger workers required to fill the gap. Nearly 40% of their population will be retiring in the next 10 years. And if I'm going to be getting screwed, I know exactly how I'm going to get screwed and in what way. Plus I don't mind the lifestyle, or the cultural mentality.

Kind of a hijack but oh well...
They also have a very homogeneous population with a long and proud history of isolationism and racism. Even in the face of their demographic pressures they still cannot overcome their fear of immigration. In that way it is basically the complete opposite of Canada. Good luck integrating in that kind of society.

1637 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo