Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1645 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Infogrames to Adopt Atari Name?
27. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2008, 03:56 dubfanatic

That the best you can do? You're not running out of material already are you?

He is certainly no fredrickson...

OH SNAP I EDITED MY MESSAGE PLZ MAKE FUN OF ME

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 03:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mortal Online Announced
7. Re: yawn Apr 14, 2008, 16:09 dubfanatic

The fantasy setting will NEVER get old, I tell you! NEVER!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2008, 16:28 dubfanatic

I switched from cable to DSL about a year ago. Yuppie digs have popped up here like mould on wet bread and the cable company didn't invest in any new infrastructure to accommodate the growth. On some nights speeds would dip below dialup. Pings were always above 200, even to local servers. This DSL is more expensive and theoretically slower, but I always get maximum speeds and low pings.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 16:30.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2008, 00:49 dubfanatic

Hippies are hilarious!

News Comments > Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
9. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 02:53 dubfanatic

Didn't Strongbad peak about four years ago?

Yeah... the Trogdor thing came about about six years ago but I still see people quoting it online (I don't hang out with nerds IRL so never there). Go figure. Personally, I haven't been there in something like five years...

News Comments > Hellgate: London Plans
2. Re: Oh boy Apr 8, 2008, 19:15 dubfanatic

Here come the accurate posts on how bad the game is or how bad the subscribing plan is.

fixed

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: 5 PC games that deserve sequels Apr 8, 2008, 03:22 dubfanatic

wtf? The authors of the article must have been high or something. Starship Troopers? Transport Tycoon? Theme Hospital? Freelancer instead of Freespace 2?

WTF you talking about, Transport Tycoon kicks ass and definitely deserves a proper sequel. Locomotion was just a rehash. TTDPatch is nice but has run into technical barriers. OpenTTD shows promise, but all of the good stuff is still in patches which often get broken by new nightlies. Give us a real sequel, Chris Sawyer!

21. Re: Earth Hour = BS Mar 29, 2008, 23:13 dubfanatic

I doubt it. You only say that if you know you live near a Hydroelectric dam. But in the vast majority of cases those dam's never supply electricity to the immediate adjacent area. Seriously.

Yeah OK, thanks for telling me about my own power company. I'm sure you know a lot more about them than I do. I guess the fact that they have "Hydro" in the name doesn't mean anything then. Not to mention all the dams both nearby and in far away places in the gigantic jurisdiction I live in. Of course, I'm sure you know much more about the topography and land use in my area than I do, even though you don't even know where I live

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 23:15.

13. Re: Earth Hour = BS Mar 29, 2008, 16:01 dubfanatic

My electricity is hydropower, so my electrical usage doesn't affect greenhouse gases, and the environmental damage that hydropower projects wreak has already been done whether I choose to use the electricity or not.

I find this type of response pathetic.

In the end, regardless of how little impact it actually makes in the grand scheme of things, it feels good to join together to recognize a problem and as a City / State / Country make a point.

Actually, by definition, your response is pathetic because it appeals to feelings and emotions.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 16:05.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. PETA game Mar 28, 2008, 21:39 dubfanatic

You might think a game that encourages spray-painting private property might be a little irresponsible for an activist group, but an in-game disclaimer notes that it's all right because the animal characters are "not subject to human laws."

So they want animals to have rights, but not the responsibilities inherent in having rights? Well, I guess one could never accuse the animal rights movement of being consistent.

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Patch
5. Re: Stop lying blue Mar 21, 2008, 23:05 dubfanatic

arguing over the minutiae of fairy tales, lol

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 23:06.

21. Re: Cleanest Cities... Mar 21, 2008, 15:43 dubfanatic

Miami is cleaner than Seattle??? No way.

I like how they say the Cascades keep pollution low. The mountains actually trap air pollution...

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 15:45.

9. Re: Strategy First sales on Steam Mar 20, 2008, 21:44 dubfanatic

You should buy Jagged Alliance 2 in any and every form you can. That game is pure gold.
Oh don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic game, but the Steam version has been bugged for a long time now and there's been no indication that it will ever be fixed. Plus you can't use the 1.13 patch/mod with it.

But yeah, other than JA2 and the FlatOut games, Strategy First games are third-rate. I don't know why the Disciples games have such high MetaCritic ratings, those games are horrible, and I'm a big TBS buff.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 21:47.

6. Re: Strategy First sales on Steam Mar 20, 2008, 19:35 dubfanatic

Strategy First is having a big sale on Steam this weekend. 21 titles for $60.

DON'T buy Jagged Alliance 2 on Steam, it's bugged (you get unlimited money)

If you must, do what Imy friends did. Buy it on Steam, pirate it and apply the SVN 1.13 patch to the pirated copy.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 19:38.

News Comments > Galactic Command: KnightBlade Announced
54. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 21:23 dubfanatic

It seems silly that so much hatred is reserved for a guy who makes games. He may be a bit volatile, but hes an independent game developer making niche games for the PC, who is happy to talk openly about them to the gamers.

http://www.werewolves.org/~follies/

News Comments > Galactic Command: KnightBlade Announced
19. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 15:51 dubfanatic

Heck, I live in an exclusive community for almost three years now, yet I have no frigging clue who lives next door.

Of course not, because exclusive communities are filled with uptight antisocial pretentious assholes.

News Comments > Epic on Steam
24. No subject Mar 17, 2008, 21:16 dubfanatic

I'd only buy this if they included the Jill of the Jungle series.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 23:31 dubfanatic

I don't know about the world, but I seriously doubt the economy in 2012 will be in any shape for a next-gen console release.

News Comments > ATARI Games on Steam
3. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:04 dubfanatic

steam, like it or not, is a good medium to get nice games. im happy with it.

Agreed. The small minority that hates it is disproportionately noisy.

13. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2008, 15:00 dubfanatic

Well, if choosing between having a small amount of human waste in my water or a small amount of heroin -- I think I'll take my chances with the human waste.

Read the article... it's legal narcotics (i.e. pharmaceuticals), not illegal ones they found.

1645 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo