Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1631 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
13. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 16:15 dubfanatic

I wonder how many lawsuits Roper will be facing now...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Runes of Magic Beta Sign-ups
1. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 15:59 dubfanatic

Yet another nondescript Asian shovelware MMORPG... yawn...

News Comments > Savage 2 Patch & Free Play Week
4. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 01:13 dubfanatic

It's one thing for a game to be simplistic and shallow. It's another thing for it to be friendly to new players and streamlined. Savage is neither of these. Its learning curve is incredibly daunting, and it intimidates players with its massive array of spells. Most of those spells don't seem to be very useful, and I'm sure there are certain combinations approved of and only known by the hardcore orthodoxy. Without that knowledge, the combat consists of little more than button mashing. This game is a throwback to a bygone and little-missed era.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 01:17.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. TF2 update Jul 9, 2008, 01:07 dubfanatic

They screwed up one of the segments in Hydro (the one with the vent shortcut). The red point in that map cannot be capped.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 15:16 dubfanatic

One of our neighbors had a mulberry tree...yes a TREE not a bush.

My family and I used to live somewhere with one of those. We also had a huge oak tree with branches reaching over our driveway, so the cars would get utterly bombarded. We moved away from there... not so much because of that, but because the place was just California for people who didn't want to pay California taxes.

News Comments > No WoW Beta Guarantee for WWI Attendees
4. No subject Jul 6, 2008, 17:09 dubfanatic

Oh come on, there's only a handful of WWI veterans left in the world. I'm amazed a company like Blizzard can't find the resources to accommodate them. And I really doubt they like to be called "attendees".

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 17:09.

15. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2008, 23:01 dubfanatic

so by choosing to sell your vote you're not making a choice?

There is the (hypothetical) choice to sell your vote, and there is the choice you make when you vote. Those are two entirely separate things. If you can't fathom the difference, then perhaps you are one of those lemming-like automatons you describe.

Therefore, I once again, refuse to vote. I feel a non-vote is just as powerful as a vote.

Why not vote for Bob Barr?

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 23:04.

10. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2008, 20:35 dubfanatic

No, it's not like buying votes because it's up to each individual person to believe the ad or not. Selling your vote is selling your freedom of choice, and freedom of choice is the essence of democracy.

Freedom of choice is what you got. Freedom from choice is what you want. -- DEVO

8. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2008, 19:37 dubfanatic

Notice the back pedlin'. Try and stand up in front of a group of people and make that comment while having the dollars spent by the D and R parties in the last 16 months on a large screen behind you!

But in this case, the student is literally allowing his vote to be purchased. The parties don't spend money to literally purchase votes, they spend it to make their candidate more well known. Spending more money than the other guy doesn't guarantee victory. But if votes could be bought and sold, it would mean that whoever has the most money automatically wins.

By the way, he's not being persecuted, he's being prosecuted.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 19:42.

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Google faces 'Street View block' Jul 4, 2008, 16:23 dubfanatic

Yeah, WWII only has X amount of words... on its main page. It has thousands and thousands more if you go into the main sections... and then those main sections... etc.

That's a very good point. These comparisons aren't very fair. I have plenty of complaints about Wikipedia, like how UFO conspiracy theorists have hijacked the article on my great-uncle. But that's definitely a disingenuous criticism.

6. No subject Jul 4, 2008, 16:19 dubfanatic

Rot in Hell Jesse Helms.

News Comments > Myst Online to Live Again
10. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 17:48 dubfanatic

You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

If this was in response to my comment, I was only commenting on Uru Live. Hence why I said "This game in particular".

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 17:48.

4. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2008, 23:40 dubfanatic

I don't see any reason to think GameTap is in trouble. This game in particular just wasn't that good.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
3. No subject Jul 1, 2008, 21:45 dubfanatic

Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack

Jesus fucking christ it's about time. I was beginning to think they didn't even care about this.

News Comments > Age of Conan Women's Suffrage Coming
2. Re: Please..... Jul 1, 2008, 21:43 dubfanatic

It's not political correctness. It's good game design. If you give players a choice between "strong" and "weak" with no benefits to playing the weak character (except the opportunity to impersonate a female), which do you think players will choose?

1. No subject Jul 1, 2008, 21:42 dubfanatic

So this is what, the third time it's been resurrected?

News Comments > Age of Conan Still Popular
11. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2008, 21:34 dubfanatic

Trial accounts? Not sure that there actually were very many of them. Some might quit playing after their first "free" month however.

Yeah, accounts on their free month is what I meant by "trial accounts". What happens in the next two or three months with respect to membership will be crucial to the true success of AoC. I speak as an outside observer, having no interest in AoC.

News Comments > Age of Conan Still Popular
1. No subject Jun 30, 2008, 19:36 dubfanatic

OK, so there are 700k accounts created. How many of those are trial subscriptions that won't be continued?

21. Devo suing McDonalds Jun 30, 2008, 18:04 dubfanatic

GO DEVO!

News Comments > Consolidation
4. Re: Is That a 360 Devkit on Kojima's Des Jun 30, 2008, 01:33 dubfanatic

Fuck Kotaku and all the idiots that buy into that crap.

I've been saying this for so long and I've been ridiculed for it many times. At least someone here agrees with me. Kotaku and its ilk are pathetic. It's just like EA bashing... I was doing it and getting flamed for it long before it became fashionable.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 01:34.

1631 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo