Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for á

Real Name á   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1645 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Green Game Packaging - Paper or Plastic?
1. No subject Aug 30, 2008, 04:55 dubfanatic

Wal-Mart lecturing other companies on environmental policies, ROFL

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 01:33 dubfanatic

My friends have FIOS in their house... it's absolutely insane. I'd love to have something like it. Unfortunately my phone company is way late to the fiber game. They're just now doing trials of the service in some suburban hellhole in Alberta. Given that they have essentially no competition, I'd guess my apartment would be eligible for it in about 20 years. The cable company is hopelessly behind in infrastructure in this neighbourhood so they certainly won't be any help.

oh yeah... and 48% CS oldschool (started in beta 6.6 but I haven't played in about 3 years)

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 01:41.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Interview
13. No subject Aug 28, 2008, 15:16 dubfanatic

I can't believe people still pay these scumbags.

If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you could get attacked by roaming corporations; EVE's equivalent of guilds.

oh yeah that sounds like loads of fun
This comment was edited on Aug 28, 15:17.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: No subject Aug 28, 2008, 02:08 dubfanatic

hmm that doesn't sound so good... well I'll give them a try anyway

4. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2008, 22:05 dubfanatic

They patched some of the more severe bugs, but the game flat-out sucks dick. I've had more fulfilling combat from games of rock paper scissors.

Thanks for that. Poor combat is definitely a game-breaker for me in an RPG. I guess I'll stick to the first two games.

1. No subject Aug 27, 2008, 19:35 dubfanatic

I have no idea if anyone's going to read this but here goes...

Did Gothic III ever get fixed up to a playable state? I remember it was plagued with serious bugs when it came out. I ask because I just picked up the Gothic Universe collection at Staples for $30 (all three games + expansion for G2)

News Comments > Atlantica Online Refer-a-Friend Program
2. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2008, 03:50 dubfanatic

nyuk nyuk nyuk

News Comments > Age of Conan Future Plans
27. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 19:58 dubfanatic

Lol wow the ignorance of some. He was never fired. After Shadowlands (which I both enjoyed and deplored,) he went on to lead the early AoC team.

OK that makes more sense. I was wondering, how could he work on AoC if he was fired?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Citibank caught stealing $14M Aug 26, 2008, 19:45 dubfanatic

Same goes for oil and the numerous other utilities. They are all items which are heavily vested by retirement and investment portfolios. Everyone will cry when their investments tank. Can't have our cake and eat it too!

Utility/energy companies are actually very good investments right now, especially ones with large amounts of "clean" power production (e.g. hydro, nuclear, wind, solar, geothermal). I'd avoid oil companies though, and coal is only good for the short-term from what I can see. If I had money to put in the market I'd only invest in utilities.

News Comments > Metaverse
6. Re: Frontier 5 gig Aug 26, 2008, 17:49 dubfanatic

There's that big hoohah giong on still (i think?) over forcing cable companies to provide ala carte programming (No, I DON'T WANT THE FUCKING STYLE NETWORK).

Trust me, even if they had to do "a la carte" programming they'd find a way to make it worthless. My phone company, for example, has "a la carte" IPTV, but they still include The Christian Channel in the "essentials" package. I can't figure out why they think that's a good idea, considering this is the least religious city in North America.

News Comments > H.A.W.X Eye in the Sky
5. No subject Aug 26, 2008, 17:35 dubfanatic

"During the development process the H.A.W.X team has also worked with the U.S. Geological Survey and the Center for Earth Resources Observations and Science (USGS/EROS) to understand how to best create a topographical 'underpinning' for the satellite imagery, creating a very realistic representation of the Earth."

in other words they used a Digital Elevation Model. amazing.

News Comments > Age of Conan Future Plans
23. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 17:25 dubfanatic

For those that didn't know.. Gaute Godager the lead dev for AOC was also the lead dev for AO. He was reponsible for the shadowlands exp fiasco which got him fired. Today somehow after AOC bombed he still has his job which speaks volumes about how incompetent failcom really is.

I've never heard of this fiasco, could you elaborate? Also if he was fired for the fiasco how is he still working for Funcom? Did he get re-hired?

News Comments > Help Qtracker and/or its Programmer
1. No subject Aug 26, 2008, 01:12 dubfanatic

I hope everything works out. Qtracker is the best server browser around right now.

News Comments > More on WAR Credits
19. Re: Mythic = Jerks Aug 25, 2008, 19:57 dubfanatic

If you had told me 10 years ago that Mythic would be bought by EA (at that point, still a respectable outfit), turned into a heartless franchise milker and would start pulling crap like this, I would have laughed at you and gone back to playing Magestorm.

News Comments > Asda Story Launches - Update: Or Not
5. Re: keywords Aug 25, 2008, 15:46 dubfanatic

"Based on a colorful, bright and cheerful world"

I've never been in an Asda before but I wouldn't expect them to be any more colo(u)rful, bright or cheerful than any other supermarket.

News Comments > Nordic Games Formed; Wants to be "IKEA" of Games
12. No subject Aug 22, 2008, 15:01 dubfanatic

So all of their games are going to have names like "BJÍRNAR" and "BILBOK"?

News Comments > GTA4 PC Improvements
22. Re: Aug 20, 2008, 18:40 dubfanatic

Blue, tell me you didn't write that?

I laughed, but I have a soft spot for cheap wordplay.

News Comments > Quake Live Movies
19. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 18:03 dubfanatic

Seriously, though, while I can understand the comments I have to agree with the majority of posters in that Quake appealed to me because of its clarity of game rules. No crazy super dodging combos or wacky weapons, just good ol' deathmatch in straightforward, well-designed spaces.

Agreed completely. Quake is good solid fun and I'm looking forward to playing it again.

News Comments > APB Beta Plans
7. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2008, 17:55 dubfanatic

Other than GTA - I have been watching this game for YEARS! YEARS go by without an update - now they are doing Beta and because I think facebook is the stupidest fucking thing in the world i miss out? DAMNIT!

I don't think so. Read the story more carefully.

News Comments > id: Quake Live "Premium" Service and Wolfenstein Live Possible
10. Re: ... Aug 13, 2008, 17:50 dubfanatic

No kidding. The key word in this discussion is possibility. A premium version is mentioned as a possibility that may or may not happen depending on the success of an unreleased game. That means they have most likely not done any thinking or research about what they would offer in such a deal. If you seriously think a company like id would charge extra for nothing, you're clueless.

1645 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo