Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1632 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 21:41 dubfanatic

The only free games that don't attract children are the really complicated (or "boring") ones. But, by decreasing the amount of players and cutting out the only demographic that actually cares about buying anything in-game, they decrease their revenue. The only way for F2P to have any hope of being anywhere close to profitable is to cater to the lowest common denominator, which ruins its image.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Auto Game Patching in Windows 7
4. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 20:45 dubfanatic

WOWIE that's a must-have feature... yeah right

News Comments > Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Patches
8. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 15:27 dubfanatic

So every game really does have at least one raving illiterate fanboy, even this game.

News Comments > Carbine Studios Interview
1. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 11:13 dubfanatic

elves with LASERS

News Comments > Delta Force: Angel Falls Details
30. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2008, 00:15 dubfanatic

or we could all just ignore him... just sayin

News Comments > Safety Dance
5. Re: Gov. Palin. Sep 19, 2008, 11:12 dubfanatic

haha, who the hell would make their secret question answer something that a random /b/tard could guess?

The article I read said she made her question "Where did you meet your spouse?" or something like that. She and her husband met in high school, and the answer was apparently "Wasilla high".

newsflash: the /b/tard just got outed by his dad, a TN State Rep. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9115158
This comment was edited on Sep 19, 11:20.

News Comments > Preorder Colonization, Get EU3 Free
1. No subject Sep 18, 2008, 15:39 dubfanatic

That's a tempting deal, but I'd rather get EU3 with all the expansions.

News Comments > Molyneux's Casual/Hardcore Obsession
4. Re: soft/hard?! Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 dubfanatic

Do you know who made Rock'n'Roll Racing, when it was made and on which platform it was released?

News Comments > The Hunter Revealed
1. No subject Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 dubfanatic

so basically a game that only nerds will ever play... ok then

News Comments > Valve on the Google Rumor
1. No subject Sep 17, 2008, 21:22 dubfanatic

Why would Google buy Valve? That doesn't make any sense at all...

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Nears
31. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2008, 05:20 dubfanatic

We will get some straight in things DRM in the next days surely again. Up to then you and enjoys only once the play waits please still little.

wat

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2008, 01:00 dubfanatic

First, it wasn't only Republicans who voted to pass the bill; second, the Democratically controlled congress has had *two years* to repeal this law--uh, that is, if they wanted to repeal it--which obviously they don't.

To be fair, the UIGEA was attached as a rider to a port security bill. Voting against that bill would have been political suicide. Some of the worst pieces of legislation have gone through as riders on big, must-pass bills (e.g. Real ID on a military spending bill). IMO this is one of the biggest, if not the biggest flaw in the American government.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 19:04.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2008, 11:14 dubfanatic

The article headline is very misleading. Basically the author(s) claim that Second Life would fall under this "games of skill" category. The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act spells out rules for the government financial agencies to have more oversight over transactions. These rules go into effect soon. Because of that "games of skill" provision the author(s) fear that games like Second Life, which accepts payments for a variety of in-game services, would be subject to this new oversight. Presumably this is bad because it would harm Linden's revenue, as well as privacy fears and whatnot.

Unless these new rules are really big, I don't think there is much to worry about. All the UIGEA has done so far is scare a few gambling sites out of the US. Even if the new rules are major changes, I'm skeptical that the government is going to bother with some tiny, crappy virtual world inhabited by sexual deviants. Why would they go after Second Life when there are others targets that are much more politically lucrative?

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 11:16.

News Comments > Metaverse
7. Re: Chrome Sep 16, 2008, 10:54 dubfanatic

The problem I have with using the hosts file to block ads is that it leaves blank spaces on pages where the ads are supposed to be. Ad-blocking programs usually get rid of the whole element, removing the ad entirely (occasionally it doesn't do that but that's not too often).

News Comments > Strong Bad Episode 2 & Demo
3. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 20:55 dubfanatic

I stopped watching Homestar Runner in high school. I was surprised to hear it was still going. *shrug*

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Rumor Refuted
7. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 12:05 dubfanatic

I was just at Future Shop yesterday... they had probably 15 or so copies of the TR Collector's Edition collecting dust.

News Comments > Europa Universalis III: Complete Announced
3. No subject Sep 4, 2008, 17:22 dubfanatic

I wish this game was turn-based... at least it's not too fast.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2008, 11:52 dubfanatic

The US game industry somehow thinks that it is completely separate from the rest of the US economy. Poor sales must equate to "piracy" or some other nonsense. Couldn't have anything to do with a recession, or gas being $4 a gallon, or food being nearly 2x as much at the grocery store, or houses costing nearly half a million, or that $35000 in credit card debt, or that huge student loan that got you a job managing mcdonalds...

That's a good point, and one that I don't often see raised. I wonder if sales of high-end video cards is starting to slow down.

News Comments > Nanoverse Online Announced
5. Re: Just letting you know... Sep 4, 2008, 11:45 dubfanatic

I'm sure Blue knows that, and he's just being an American pedant.

News Comments > Metaverse
4. Re: LHC rap Sep 3, 2008, 11:19 dubfanatic

I want to see the LHC rap video chopped and screwed.

1632 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo