Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1639 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jul 31, 2013, 19:43 dubfanatic

Mugabe's got nothing on these guys.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2013, 23:29 dubfanatic

Redmask wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 23:00:
I can't muster any sympathy for Monster who made a fortune selling overpriced cables to morons for years.

Not only that but their overzealous trademark "protection". Because, you know, I'm totally confusing a mini-golf course with a cable manufacturer all the time.

News Comments > RuneScape 3 Launches
1. Re: RuneScape 3 Launches Jul 22, 2013, 21:42 dubfanatic

and 12-year-old outcasts everywhere rejoiced  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 10, 2013, 11:56 dubfanatic

Free Wifi on Greyhound! Good, now all those newly-released ex-cons can have Skype sessions with their baby mamas.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes Jul 9, 2013, 21:44 dubfanatic

After going back to TF2 from a hiatus one of the first things I noticed was they made it nearly impossible to kill a Dead Ringer cloaked spy. It seemed like such a massive buff to an already powerful weapon it made me wonder if they even playtested it. Good to see they came to their senses (they usually do, but it takes orders of Valve time...)

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
19. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 8, 2013, 18:27 dubfanatic

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 17:18:
The RDR comparison is completely illogical... That series was NEVER on PC to begin with. It would have been nice to see it ported, but it's a completely different scenario. I.e., GTA was born on PC, and we've had a decade full of releases that consistently release on the platform with the small concession of timed console exclusivity. Which I don't blame them for, by the way, because GTA III never would have happened without Sony's support.

Bully was a new series that eventually came out on PC, although it was two years after the initial release and the port was atrocious. L.A. Noire is another new IP that was released on PC. I don't know why RDR never came out on PC, but it's not because Rockstar doesn't port new franchises to PC.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 27, 2013, 17:23 dubfanatic

killer_roach wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 15:09:
Android outdated? Blame yourself for not rooting it and running CyanogenMod, MIUI, or AOSP.

I wanted to root my Android phone, but the tool I need to root it only works in 32-bit Windows XP. Can you blame me for not having an obsolete OS laying around?

News Comments > SimCity Patch Monday
8. Re: SimCity Patch Monday Apr 20, 2013, 12:54 dubfanatic

I can't wait for the NISSAN LEAF® Mayor Car DLC pack!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2013, 21:21 dubfanatic

A pirate radio station has been running in my neighborhood for over 4 years, running on the only quiet FM frequency and making my car Bluetooth/FM adapter useless in my neighborhood. The FCC knows about it and has done nothing. It seems they care more about doling out fines for showing nipples and saying bad words than performing their original mandate.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 19, 2013, 22:24 dubfanatic

whoa, I didn't know Worms Armageddon was on Steam...

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
32. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 23:11 dubfanatic

What we saw was that players were having such a good time they didn't want to leave the game, which kept our servers packed and made it difficult for new players to join.

Blame it on the players. Genius. "It's not our fault our game doesn't work, it's YOUR fault!"

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
51. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 01:52 dubfanatic

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!

Things are going to start happening to me now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 10:49 dubfanatic

Now maybe Brian Reynolds can get back to making games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 13:46 dubfanatic

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:04:
So when your Wii breaks (and judging by the 2 that broke on my kids, it WILL break) you have to re-purchase all of your downloaded games? That's just bullshit.

If you send it to Nintendo for repair and you didn't modify the system, they will transfer your downloaded content to the replacement. At least that's how they did it when I worked as a Nintendo service rep about 2 years ago.

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
8. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 06:52 dubfanatic

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 01:59:
The world is not some sort of game.

To be so naive...

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming
16. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 20:28 dubfanatic

RARHRRHHRHHR I WANT MY GAMEZ

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 30, 2012, 02:17 dubfanatic

I wouldn't use another LG phone if you paid me, not even a Nexus. They just don't get software or support.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 21, 2012, 01:58 dubfanatic

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:56:
which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

Anyone who is savvy gets a Nexus phone. There are millions of others who get suckered by some failed used car salesman at a mall kiosk into committing to some pile of shit that will launch with an outdated version and never get an update. Or, if they are especially unlucky, they will get an update which ends up causing more problems than it fixes.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
103. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 00:08 dubfanatic

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 22:24:
Apparently you were confused by the term "men". You are thinking of the term "pansies".

Let me clue you in. Men don't cry over someone flirting with them. Pansies, such as yourself, do. If the worst thing to ever happen to me at work was the gay boss hit on me, I'd consider myself lucky. I wonder if any of you feminists have jobs that don't involve promoting some kind of bullshit "awareness". Bet you've never done a days work in your life.

WA WA WEE WA, YOU A REAL MAN, YES? HIGH FIVE!

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
87. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:50 dubfanatic

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:36:
@ Orogogus

What isn't clear to me is if the behavior continued after the woman made it clear it was unwanted and considered inappropriate. That is what would constitute illegal harassment as far as I understand the law. As the lawyer explained, it only becomes illegal after it continues past the notification.

See paragraph 76 of the Complaint and Summons linked in the article. It says she complained "throughout the course of her employment". Whether or not that is true will come out in the case, but fabricating claims is a pretty serious deal and any halfway decent lawyer wouldn't allow it, so I'd be surprised if it was false. Also paragraph 85 describes a harassing comment made after the email was sent. It also continues in paragraph 88.

1639 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo