Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1636 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Circuit City Closing
26. Re: Circuit City Closing Jan 17, 2009, 15:23 dubfanatic

I don't believe it was the economy but rather poor, no make that very poor management, that brought down CC.

Poor management probably helped, but retail is getting destroyed right now. Circuit City isn't the only big-box retailer that has closed in the last few months, and it's not going to be the last.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 14:07 dubfanatic

I love it when Blue talks about the weather. All the armchair climatologists on this site come out to express how ignorant they are.

News Comments > NY's Racist Games Bill
14. Re: NY's Racist Games Bill Jan 14, 2009, 00:25 dubfanatic

Sure they have. Including this on. The only Wright in the NY state assembly is Keith L.T. Wright. Who is a democrat.

I think he was being sarcastic. (the poster, that is)

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2009, 00:25.

News Comments > Ice Hockey Manager 2009
1. Re: Ice Hockey Manager 2009 Jan 6, 2009, 14:47 dubfanatic

anyone know if this game has North American leagues? It seems like it just has the DEL...  

News Comments > 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 6
6. Re: 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 6 Dec 14, 2008, 21:02 dubfanatic

Game journalism makes me wanna vomit.

Even sports journalism is more respectable than game journalism...

News Comments > 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 6
4. Re: 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 6 Dec 14, 2008, 19:01 dubfanatic

Yeah, ever since Wired joined the church of Global Warming and began preaching it has sucked.

AL GORE ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE

So are you one of those people who think the greenhouse effect doesn't exist, or are you more sophisticated than that?

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 19:02.

News Comments > GTA4 PC Patch Issues
17. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 13, 2008, 18:48 dubfanatic

I tried using my gamepad (Saitek P880) with GTA 4 after the patch. The camera gets stuck at Niko's feet looking upwards. Did they even test this patch?

News Comments > EVE Online Exploit
15. Re: EVE Online Exploit Dec 11, 2008, 20:40 dubfanatic

Some really ridiculous statements here. Those making the corrupt charge, how about some proof? You can't because you have none.

The whole developer-guild collusion scandal brings their reputation into question. I can't say whether this bug has anything to do with their demonstrated corruption, but ultimately it doesn't matter. CCP have already proved they are not to be trusted.

11. Re: EVE Online Exploit Dec 11, 2008, 18:12 dubfanatic

No, it's my honest opinion, formed from the way CCP have conducted themselves over the years. Not only that, but it's an opinion that I share with many others here. Just because someone says something you disagree with doesn't make them a troll.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 18:14.

News Comments > Impulse Sale
4. Re: Impulse Sale Dec 11, 2008, 18:11 dubfanatic

Space Rangers 2 is a decent open-world space trading-combat game. It's only 2-D though, and the translation from the Russian is a bit rough around the edges... For $4 though, it's definitely worth it.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 18:16.

News Comments > WoW Character Re-Customization
11. Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 11, 2008, 16:30 dubfanatic

Why do people always complain about what other's do with their money? I think some people just enjoy being the turd in everyone else's punchbowl.

That's the Internet for you...

7. Re: EVE Online Exploit Dec 11, 2008, 15:45 dubfanatic

haha, this game is a joke. CCP are a bunch of clowns.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTA4 Drivers
35. Re: NVIDIA GTA4 Drivers Dec 7, 2008, 15:42 dubfanatic

Vietcong is a decent game... not nearly as bad as most of those other ones at least.  

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
39. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 13:06 dubfanatic

unacceptable that a large well-funded game company releases something in that shape. Bully is another buggy mess.

Yeah I don't know what happened to Rockstar... San Andreas was a very good port, but Bully seems to have a lot of problems, and now GTA4 is similar. That said, I haven't tried GTA4 to see how it runs on my system, and I haven't had nearly as many problems with Bully as some others have had...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV
47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Grand Theft Auto IV Dec 3, 2008, 01:03 dubfanatic

20 Easy Steps to Starting GTA IV on Your PC:

lol their site filtered the word "suspiciously"

News Comments > Bill Roper Interview
9. Re: Bill Roper Interview Dec 2, 2008, 00:32 dubfanatic

Champions Online...probably less prestigious than a cellphone game. Insert random MMO nobody gives a shit about #17,641...and you've got Champions Online. A game nobody even heard of until they hired Bill Roper.

Not only that but it's another copy-cat me-too MMORPG trying to cash in on the superhero craze. This is a craze that peaked with The Dark Knight and is only going to die out with the inevitable half-assed attempts to cash in on its success, along with the fickleness of the typical media consumer.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2008, 00:33.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 2, 2008, 00:26 dubfanatic

That's more of a result of the NHL being retarded than RuneScape being good...

News Comments > Metaverse
7. Re: Metaverse Nov 30, 2008, 01:32 dubfanatic

Once again, in your rush to look superior you neglected to read the details. Teksavvy adds a "band rate" charge for dry loops. If you include that, it's a minimum of $43 per month, but it could be up to $63. They don't have a band rate calculator for BC lines, plus when I signed up for DSL here, Teksavvy hadn't come out here to BC yet, so they weren't an option. And personally, I don't feel like going without Internet for a week or more (they don't work with Telus modems) just to potentially save $10/month, especially considering I'm only going to be here for 2 more months at most. Or, I might end up paying more because they don't tell me what band rate I'd get. Not to mention I'm probably too far away from the CO to actually get 6 mbps.

Keep trying to make yourself look cool though, I'm sure all the other nerds holed up in their parents' basement are rooting for you.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2008, 01:38.

5. Re: Metaverse Nov 29, 2008, 22:12 dubfanatic

The fact you're getting ripped off is more an indication of you than it is of internet in Canada. For the record, I'm paying $30/mth for 6/0.8 DSL. An extremely quick search showed a company offering 6/1 DSL for $35/mth in BC. So, in other words, your being too lazy to find a better alternative is no reflection on the Canadian internet.

My, aren't you the presumptuous one. That's the same company, and if I was going to get that deal (if I can get it, since it's not available in all areas) I would have had to sign a 1-year contract, but I suspected I would be moving out of this retarded country within a year from the time I switched apartments. I'm pretty sure I'd also have to get a land line (which I don't need since I already have a cell phone).

But it's so much easier to be a presumptuous asshole than to actually read the fine print, eh? Plus you get Internet tough guy cred.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2008, 22:24.

2. Re: Metaverse Nov 29, 2008, 18:44 dubfanatic

No, it's completely true. Broadband in Canada is a joke.

I live in one of the nicest areas of Vancouver, and I pay $55/month for 3/0.6 DSL with a (currently unenforced) 60 GB/month cap. The customer service is absolutely appalling. When I switched units in my apartment building, my speed was cut in half, and I spent probably a total of 4 hours on the phone trying to get them to send someone out. My calls would frequently get dropped, probably when I'd get routed to their call center in the Philippines. Not that their Prince George call center was any better... one guy there basically lied to me to get me off the phone faster when I called with a question about their IPTV service. Also, for months my routing was screwed up to my favorite TF2 server... it's fixed now, but it used to raise my pings by anywhere from 60 to 100ms.

I used to have cable, which was cheaper, but it was extremely slow during peak hours. Some days it was so bad it was completely unusable. I could forget about gaming on it, even during off-peak hours. While my neighbourhood developed, the cable company sat on their hands and didn't bother to invest in new infrastructure.

Meanwhile, my friends in Seattle have 15/15 fiber, for only a slightly higher price than my DSL.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2008, 18:45.

1636 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo