Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1625 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Game & Snack
3. Re: Game & Snack Feb 20, 2009, 13:18 dubfanatic

wow that is weird... never got around to playing that game though so I might have to look out for these.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The ECA Institute Launched
2. Re: The ECA Institute Launched Feb 19, 2009, 23:56 dubfanatic

I don't think the video game player lobby carries much weight in DC, so most likely neither.

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Feb 19, 2009, 01:29 dubfanatic

I don't watch NCAA basketball but the more video sites using Silverlight, the better. Silverlight actually lets you expand to full screen on a secondary monitor while you use your computer on the other monitor. The brilliant minds at Adobe still haven't figured out how to do that.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Updated
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Updated Feb 19, 2009, 01:25 dubfanatic

it wasn't just the "civilian" heavy, the exploit allowed people to use weapons of other classes (e.g. heavy with a medigun). I messed around with the civilian heavy with some friends a couple days ago and I still have my unlockables, so I think they were more concerned about the invalid weapons.

News Comments > Guild Wars Free Trial
13. Re: Guild Wars Free Trial Feb 19, 2009, 01:22 dubfanatic

hint: while trying to sound like an elitist, try to make sure you know the definitions of the words you use.

News Comments > Intel Sues NVIDIA
23. Re: Intel Sues NVIDIA Feb 18, 2009, 18:32 dubfanatic

I might actually switch over to ATI simply because the 4850 is available in fanless from gigabyte.

I have this card. So far I'm pleased with it, though it has highlighted my case's crowding and poor airflow.

News Comments > On TF2 Changes
3. Re: On TF2 Changes Feb 18, 2009, 00:16 dubfanatic

IMO they went overboard. Now the only viable counter to a charging demo or scout is the nade launcher, which has a much higher learning curve (and skill ceiling). A noob W+M1 pyro can easily kill even an average pub demo, which doesn't seem very balanced to me.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2009, 00:16.

News Comments > TF2 Scout Update Next Week
10. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 20:31 dubfanatic

Concerns me all the stuns and snares and knockbacks they're putting in the game. Starting to seem a bit too MMOish to me. That type of stuff has limited place in FPS's imo.

Apparently a designer at Valve once stated they'd never implement a weapon which causes the other player to lose control. I guess they couldn't come up with any other bat upgrade...

News Comments > TF2 Scout Update Next Week
7. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 19:23 dubfanatic

sandman scout + air blast pyro = ultimate uber counter

IMO something is wrong when two offense classes make a D pairing so powerful that it can totally deny ubers. Valve may have screwed the pooch on this one, but I guess I'll have to wait and see before I make a judgment.

News Comments > TF2 & DoD: Source Patched
2. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 22:14 dubfanatic

YES I can exclude instant respawn servers (at least, the ones that bother to include the tag). Now either implement a blacklist or fix the false client reporting exploit and the server browser will be perfect.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2009, 05:01 dubfanatic

We don't have the millennia of history that writing has, yet games have entered the mainstream and are rarely considered solely the domain of social outcasts.

No, computer gaming is not in the mainstream, although I see how you can get that impression if you only hang out with gamers. Example: the question "Read any good books lately?" is commonly heard, but "Played any good games lately?" is only asked between gamers.

News Comments > EVE Online Retail Bonuses
9. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 6, 2009, 14:37 dubfanatic

I think they need to include samples of 5-Hour Energy drinks so new players don't fall asleep during "gameplay."

what the hell are you talking about, watching your spaceship go vrooooom and park itself in front of an asteroid is FUN!

News Comments > This is Your Brain on Multiplayer
10. Re: This is Your Brain on Multiplayer Feb 6, 2009, 14:27 dubfanatic

Now this is the kind of video game research I can respect.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1943
43. Re: Battlefield 1943 Announced Feb 5, 2009, 17:08 dubfanatic

It's a shame that publishers are so risk averse that they're unwilling to try something politically relevant like the recent wars in Iraq / Afghanistan / Sudan / Sri Lanka / Palestine / Lebanon / Georgia, etc.

It's not necessarily that they are risk averse, it's that it's just too damn hard to make a game (or movie or book) based on an ongoing conflict. It's much easier to do the research on a war that's already been fought and the effects sorted out. Not only do you need the filter of history to decide which aspects of the war were most important in the end, but there's also future events that can't be foreseen that could change the face of the war. A game based on Iraq or Afghanistan could be done but it would have to be very limited.

News Comments > Paradox Steam Sale
5. Re: Paradox Steam Sale Feb 5, 2009, 16:46 dubfanatic

I never understood EU3's combat system. I guess back then wars were won by huge armies chasing each other back and forth between provinces until one of them suffered too much attrition? Either that or you have to have even bigger armies sitting in every one of the bordering provinces to prevent the enemy from magically slipping through your grasp and rampaging through your territory.

News Comments > Mythic Layoffs
1. Re: Mythic Layoffs Feb 4, 2009, 23:58 dubfanatic

I'm getting dizzy from all this spin...  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2009, 15:07 dubfanatic

wow I think that was the most goony thing I've ever read (or skimmed and decided it's not worth reading, in this case)

News Comments > JoWooD's Good Old Games
1. Re: JoWooD's Good Old Games Jan 27, 2009, 22:01 dubfanatic

Good. JoWooD has put out some real crap but on occasion they let a good one get through. And it's always good to see GOG's catalog expand.  

News Comments > Operation Anchorage GFW Woes
16. Re: Operation Anchorage GFW Woes Jan 27, 2009, 19:06 dubfanatic

Fallout 3 was barely functional at release and extremely buggy, why would people expect anything different from the DLC?

Yeah, I don't know what people are bitching about here. Bethesda+Microsoft is a match made in heaven.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - MLB Front Office Manager
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - MLB Front Office Manager Jan 27, 2009, 14:45 dubfanatic

A manager game on consoles? Hah, good luck with that...

1625 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo