Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1632 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Official ATI Catalyst 9.8 Release
2. Re: Official ATI Catalyst 9.8 Release Aug 17, 2009, 15:30 dubfanatic

The last time I used an ATI card in Linux I'd get random hard lockups. I've never experienced this using nVidia cards.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Video Games = "Play-Like Activities"
11. Re: Video Games = Aug 17, 2009, 14:00 dubfanatic

You know spending millions in school districts for football, while the actual education and physical well being of the their community deteriorates. This may seem extreme, but then you probably don't live in Texas or another state that put's the delusions of lazy fat old men above the prosperity of the communities, cities and state itself.

It's not just Texas... The school I went to in the suburbs of Seattle was the same way. They spent millions of dollars on a brand new gym while the actual education facilities, built in the 1950s when the town was a tenth of the size, rotted away.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 14, 2009, 22:11 dubfanatic

I was planning on getting STALKER from GoGamer for that price. I'll take that instead  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2009, 13:52 dubfanatic

The super hardcore PC gamer will be attracted to browser-based games

hahahahahahahahaha

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 14:13 dubfanatic

But Linux is PERFECT and open source is the BEST DEVELOPMENT MODEL that has ever and WILL ever be invented! If you don't agree with me you must be an M$ SHILL!

This guy completely misses the point. Yes, it sucks that it's so easy to install a trojan on a Windows PC, but the real problem is that people are stupid enough to install them in the first place. This is a problem that won't go away just by switching to Linux (in fact it precludes Linux from ever gaining foothold in the desktop market)

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2009, 14:15.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Digital Barbarism Aug 5, 2009, 13:40 dubfanatic

It looks like this book hit too close to home for that reviewer. "Slurpee-sucking geeks" indeed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2009, 13:53 dubfanatic

And still won't be funny.

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one on the Internet who didn't like xkcd.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 1, 2009, 14:00 dubfanatic

Newspapers misreporting PR as science? I am shocked... just SHOCKED.

News Comments > Bushnell's Microtransaction Game
3. Re: Bushnell's Microtransaction Game Jul 30, 2009, 14:02 dubfanatic

I hate microtransactions! Not only are they a massive ripoff, but who doesn't hate being nickeled and dimed to death?

Everyone hates microtransactions except 14-year-old nerds with mommy's credit card.

News Comments > Demigod Demo
6. Re: Demigod Demo Jul 30, 2009, 14:00 dubfanatic

Wow it's about damn time. I might give this a whirl (if it shows up anywhere but FilePlanet) but I still doubt I'll buy it...

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 14:00.

News Comments > Minorities in Games
17. Re: Minorities in Games Jul 30, 2009, 13:35 dubfanatic

Racism won't be gone until we stop acknowledging people as minorities, and acting as if they need special representation throughout our culture.

I agree, but given America's racial "melting pot" philosophy as well as our abhorrent history of racism it's not likely to happen any time soon. It certainly won't happen while there are still people alive who remember the civil rights movement.

News Comments > Bushnell's Microtransaction Game
1. Re: Bushnell's Microtransaction Game Jul 30, 2009, 13:17 dubfanatic

"Actually, when we converted Chuck E. Cheese into a token-based gaming system (Bushnell founded Chuck E. Cheese in 1976), we saw massive revenues because all of a sudden we could do things with our own currency opposed to quarters."

Yeah because people would put in a $10 bill into the change machine and only end up using $5, so you get $10 revenue and only the expenses associated with $5 spending. Good job Bushnell, you figured out how to fleece the consumer...

ETA: And another thing... people don't want to pay $2 to play a game, so just tell them 8 tokens at 25 cents each and most people are too stupid/lazy to do the math!

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 13:37.

News Comments > Ultima Online Free Expansion and Free Trial
2. Re: Ultima Online Free Expansion and Fre Jul 29, 2009, 13:43 dubfanatic

I was in the 6th grade when this game was first released...

News Comments > Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans
38. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans Jul 28, 2009, 14:04 dubfanatic

Why arent there many innovative games from smaller publishers (PC only) BECAUSE THE BUSINESS MODEL CAN'T SUPPORT IT ANYMORE!

Wrong. The reason is that development costs have skyrocketed as our technology has advanced. The days of the two-man team in a garage churning out a fun game in a month ended with GPUs, multiplayer, and fancy GUIs. If the business model couldn't support it then we wouldn't have games like Braid and World of Goo, nor would we have developers like Stardock and Paradox.

News Comments > Making History II Revealed
1. Re: Making History II Revealed Jul 27, 2009, 22:22 dubfanatic

Looking forward to this one, even with that tool Ferguson associated with it.

News Comments > Demigod Patches Planned
3. Re: Demigod Patches Planned Jul 27, 2009, 13:08 dubfanatic

No demo = small customer base

I'm tempted to try it, but i'd hate to waste the forty bucks and discover 10 minutes into it that it blows or just doesn't work.

Same... see above. I'd pirate it and try it on GameRanger but the games I bought during the Paradox sale are keeping me busy enough.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2009, 13:09.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2009, 12:29 dubfanatic

Playing poker online here in Washington is legally equivalent to torturing an animal. We have such clowns in Olympia it's not even funny. Screw this state, I'm moving to Colorado.

ETA: Oh they are lobbying DC... oh well my rant still stands.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2009, 12:32.

News Comments > Black Prophecy Interview
1. Re: Black Prophecy Interview Jul 21, 2009, 10:14 dubfanatic

Black Prophecy? Sounds like a reggae band...

News Comments > Paradox Sale [Updated]
8. Re: Paradox Sale Jul 20, 2009, 14:08 dubfanatic

I used to play EU1/2 but the AI troop ping-pong in EU3 drives me insane. I'm thinking about picking up Victoria and/or Crusader Kings because they seem more focused on nation-building than warfare. Anything I should know about these games before I buy?  

News Comments > Firefox 3.5
31. Re: Firefox 3.5 Jun 30, 2009, 18:15 dubfanatic

Firefox 3 is such a pig, it makes me want to slash its throat and roast it with an apple in its mouth. Google Chrome is faster and more secure. The only thing Chrome lacks is a stable Linux version, but I only care about that when I'm on the road with my netbook (like right now). Even if 3.5 is faster I'm sticking with Chrome on my main machine.  

1632 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo