Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for †

Real Name   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 15:21 dubfanatic

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:17:
I actually quite enjoy some of the PVP modes. Racing is my favorite, and I tend to do pretty well in those (Currently I have ~80 wins and ~75 losses), but also some of the adversary modes are a riot, with really strange conditions like semis vs bicycles that make things quite fun, as long as there arent any cheaters. Been seeing a lot more cheaters in races the past couple days, unfortunately.. which takes most of the fun out of it.

Racing has been the only real fun I've had in GTA Online, but the shoddy matchmaking ruins it. It's very hard to find a consistent, well-populated game. Either everyone leaves or people vote for Free Mode and the game breaks up. I haven't seen any cheaters yet but I haven't played as much as you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 15:19 dubfanatic

DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:02:
The bulk of GTA online is PvE with the heists being the main draw, if they're going to single me out for increasing the first person FOV to 90 then I'll just play the single player with a crack file if necessary and then delete the game. The PvP modes in GTA Online are complete crap, it's no wonder why people treat the open world lobby as a never ending deathmatch event.

The online portion is just poorly thought out in general. I would have been much happier with a GTA 4 style lobby system, with better modes, sane defaults and fewer customization options. GTA 4 had some really fun modes that were buried under the options, and some of the game's defaults were really stupid, like All Blips.

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
2. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 14:05 dubfanatic

Zarkov wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 13:48:
Hacks are one thing (network packet or memory manipulation etc.) but bug exploits are the fault of the game developers, no one else.

I can tell you've never worked on a large-scale software project before.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:18 dubfanatic

I used to work in a call center. The number of callers I'd get who had chirping smoke detectors in the background was surprisingly high. Some people just tune it out.  

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
25. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 13:38 dubfanatic

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:35:
The last thing they'll say is it was their mistake. So without a batting of the eye throw out, "Make sure to change your password and don't use the same one everywhere". Deflection. Could be accurate, but they are throwing that out no matter who's fault, point to the other guy, this shit could cost us a lot of $$$.

I don't get it, are you saying R* was hacked and are denying it? Or are you saying it's R*'s responsibility to make sure their users don't do stupid shit like use the same user/pass everywhere, install random programs or download some Torrent because some Reddit post said to?

24. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 13:36 dubfanatic

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:10:
Also, I'd read about a piece of software that suppresses the Social Club launcher, which supposedly frees up CPU resources but causes the game to crash after a while. It's possible that software like that is the thing stealing login info.

I'm willing to bet it's either that or a trojan embedded in the torrents some people were using to bypass the R* downloader. Or a GTA forum was hacked and they're keeping it quiet (or just don't know they were hacked)

19. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 12:57 dubfanatic

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 12:04:
InBlack wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 09:51:
Then again the kind of people posting on reddit, are more the tech savy type

Lolwut?

Yeah, that was true years ago but Reddit is pretty mainstream these days.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 13:10 dubfanatic

JeffD wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 12:29:
This always baffles me. If your cpu/gpu are heatsinked properly, they will NEVER overheat. Your gpu will not give enough power to the gpu to overheat it with the stock heatsink unless something was installed wrong at the factory. You should never have to worry about temps under normal use.

My Voodoo3 3500 back in the day would routinely overheat at stock clock with the stock cooler. I had to underclock it to get it stable.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2015, 12:59 dubfanatic

Moral panic over child molesters is so 2002. "To Catch a Misogynist" or "To Catch a Racist" seem much more in tune with the times.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
61. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 20:21 dubfanatic

personman145 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 19:07:
Initial impressions for my i5 3570k, 8GB RAM, GTX 770 2GB, SSD:

It runs better and looks better than GTA4 does to this day. Using the game's defaults I get consistent 59FPS. So far, kick ass.

Also it adds a lot of the sort of the stuff that made Vice City deeper.

edit: The geforce experience settings recommended very high texture for a 2GB card. I submitted feedback on that.

The Vice City comparison is a good one both for the game itself and the port. GTA:VC was a massively better PC port than GTA3.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
8. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 13, 2015, 21:15 dubfanatic

Maybe I'm just lucky, but the game was all patched and ready to go when I got home 15 minutes ago. Just ran a quick benchmark, the game seems very well optimized.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 13:21 dubfanatic

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:48:
I don't get why there are so many football/soccer management games when other sports are completely neglected. Seriously, who wants to go up against Football Manager, that game is the mother of all management games. American Football only has one decent offering, that being Front Office Football and that game is monumentally flawed.

I'd like to see more American football, Golf, Tennis and Boxing management sims. Some already exist for those sports, but they are terrible.

Agreed. If I knew more about those sports I'd try my hand at developing one. I'm just glad that Eastside Hockey Manager is back.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 16:23 dubfanatic

My Titan X is on a truck somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now. Can't wait to see how I can bring it to its knees with this game.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 18:43 dubfanatic

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 18:35:
Go look up Theodore Bilbo and some of his books if you want to see what kind of trash the "laws based on religious belief" crowd attracts in the US.

You do realize that RFRA is a modern conception and was largely championed by liberals seeking to protect Native American peyote rituals, right? Now that they realize the consequences of religious freedom for all, even KKKhristans, they're trying to retcon it. Kind of like how today's progressives are totally not at all like the ones who used to advocate for eugenics and prohibition.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 18:36 dubfanatic

I am going to sue the teriyaki shop down the street for being closed on Sundays. Your holy day of rest is my inconvenience, and my appetite doesn't observe the Sabbath, shitlords.  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 13:22 dubfanatic

WaltC wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:18:
According to the GLBT alliance, the only group in the US that does not have the right to be offended is the 98%-99% heterosexual majority.

aka the only time anyone from liberal urban centers gives a shit what happens in flyover country

News Comments > Eastside Hockey Manager Revival
1. Re: Eastside Hockey Manager Revival Mar 26, 2015, 21:01 dubfanatic

Wow, this came completely out of left field (left wing?). I guess people have given up on Franchise Hockey Manager already? That's a shame but the initial release was a disaster and it seems like it's treated as a side project. EHM 2007 is still the best hockey sim out there. I'm definitely going to give this a shot.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 13:49 dubfanatic

I can't wait until our entire culture is focus-grouped and retconned into oblivion. Let's start by introducing a little bit more diversity into our nursery rhymes. Hansel and Gretel is looking rather problematic right now.  

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
2. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 10:18 dubfanatic

I don't know why games cost so much more in EU and AUS than in USA (my guess is it's to cover the cost of operating in those regions) but games are cheap in SE Asia because piracy is rampant. Those price points were never supposed to be in effect for first-world consumers. You can try to rationalize it as much as you want, but exploiting those regional differences is really not much better than piracy.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2015, 14:59 dubfanatic

64% morality score? 0/10 occult/supernatural? Pass.  

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo