Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for †

Real Name   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1651 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 21, 2014, 22:45 dubfanatic

mag wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 22:05:
The change to the EULA LOOSENED the terms. LOOSENED them. LOOSENED. It is LESS STRICT now. It was MORE STRICT before. He had something in the EULA to prevent server-operators from enacting pay-to-play. He LOOSENED that, so server operators can recoup costs.

Why Do People Persist in Believing Things That Just Aren't True?

tl;dr don't bother arguing with people who hold incorrect beliefs, it just makes it worse

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Linux Sid Meierís Civilization V
7. Re: Linux Sid Meierís Civilization V Jun 11, 2014, 02:17 dubfanatic

Redmask wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:16:
More official ports, a larger number of released games overall and the backing of a major player in the industry is definitely a positive change for Linux gaming. I'm not sure why you keep trying to denigrate such a positive thing for consumers in the form of added choice but you don't need to feel so threatened, you can keep on using Windows like you always have.

Welcome to Blue's News comments. Complaining is our specialty.

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
17. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 23:44 dubfanatic

Nighthawk wrote on May 29, 2014, 18:46:
Doesn't seem like much of a loss...

Rolemaster: Magestorm had some great innovations for a multiplayer FPS in 1996: three-team, 50-player multiplayer, real vertical mouselook with Z-axis-centric maps, class based XP/level system. Aliens Online was ridiculously fun and intense despite the engine being somewhat dated by 1999. Mythic had some great talent back in the pre-DAoC days. The only reason those games never took off was they were behind the walled gardens of AOL/Engage/Gamestorm which were fumbling their way around the early days of multiplayer gaming when nobody had really figured out a viable business model.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 9, 2014, 00:12 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on May 8, 2014, 13:21:
And why would Nintendo have to do that? This whole pandering to every crowd and making sure everyone is included and their feelings aren't hurt is really fucking tiresome.

As far as I know, Japan doesn't have the social justice warrior phenomenon like the USA does. I feel sorry for NoA staff having to deal with the Reddit outrage squad.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - 1849
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - 1849 May 8, 2014, 23:57 dubfanatic

god damn it they stole my idea

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 22:41 dubfanatic

HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 17:34:
How they sold it as a talking point was with the public knowing, there would be things like ongoing jokes about "How does your piss water taste today", so with that, that is why they'd throw logic and money out the door.

Instead of saying, it is open air, contaminates get into it constantly, we refine whatever is in there before it ever comes out of your tap. That to me would be Hello? and end of story.

Sort of what I still feel the gov't should still do... just say anything you put in public on your computer is looked at as public record. Then we all know the score etc and can move on. Now it's going to be lie to us and still do the same thing.

We're talking about a city that won't fluoridate their water. Portland is full of crazy woo.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 10, 2014, 01:00 dubfanatic

Umbragen wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 14:24:

Unfortunately the 3rd World didn't get to vote or Monsanto would have won hands down.

Yeah they are so evil, going around improving crop yields. Monsters!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 01:32 dubfanatic

monsanto did 9/11  

News Comments > Viscera Cleanup Detail Early Access
8. Re: Viscera Cleanup Detail Early Access Apr 7, 2014, 23:01 dubfanatic

everyone who buys this game is stupid and is personally responsible for the upcoming early-80s-style games crash

i dont understand why people don't have exactly the same tastes as me

i live on welfare with my parents and they yell at me when i use it to buy games instead of buying new clothes to wear for job interviews

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 18:33 dubfanatic

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:26:
#1 Goat Simulator?! The masses jump on this horrible, buggy, POS game and we wonder why companies shit in a box and call it the bestest thing evar! ... well shit sells if you market it right.

Yeah, how dare anyone spend money on a game that was clearly labeled as being buggy and silly! Everyone should have exactly the same tastes as me! You're an idiot for making a value judgment that I disagree with! *BEEP* *BOOP* DOES NOT COMPUTE

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
13. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 20:10 dubfanatic

ChaosEngine wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:54:
So why the fuck would you watch it, then? Clearly, we are dealing with a real intellect here.

Same reason I'm responding to you: I'm bored and have a slight masochism tendency.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
8. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 17:22 dubfanatic

I have seen some pretty damn boring documentaries in my day. I anticipate this will be right up there with them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LUFTRAUSERS
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - LUFTRAUSERS Mar 18, 2014, 22:36 dubfanatic

dude's name is Fork Parker  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 20:59 dubfanatic

RIP Bob 2. Time to bust out my marble vinyl copy of "Are We Not Men?"  

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive
3. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive Jan 16, 2014, 21:06 dubfanatic

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:16:
This game was the bomb back in the day. I think there's still life here, if they make a real sequel and not a stupid free to play game.

Every Stronghold game since the original Crusader has sucked. I see no indication that this will buck that trend.

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive
1. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive Jan 16, 2014, 18:58 dubfanatic

They're still milking this dead franchise? What a shame...  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jan 13, 2014, 22:32 dubfanatic

BAD RATS 90% oFF WAT A DEAL

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
46. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 17:55 dubfanatic

Ryan Lange wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:12:
You still need access to a botnet, though. You either build it yourself or buy access to an existing one.

Actually, with DNS amplification attacks, you don't need one. One fat neckbeard sitting in his parents' basement can use open DNS recursors to act as a botnet and take down a target faster than he can microwave a bag of Pizza Rolls.

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
26. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 20:40 dubfanatic

As much as I love to bash EA, they can't be blamed for this one. There is a group of miscreant basement-dwellers running attacks on BF4 servers hosted by NFO, one of the main game hosters. I won't link to their Twitter so I don't contribute to their attention seeking.

1651 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo