Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1691 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2015, 12:59 dubfanatic

Moral panic over child molesters is so 2002. "To Catch a Misogynist" or "To Catch a Racist" seem much more in tune with the times.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
61. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 20:21 dubfanatic

personman145 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 19:07:
Initial impressions for my i5 3570k, 8GB RAM, GTX 770 2GB, SSD:

It runs better and looks better than GTA4 does to this day. Using the game's defaults I get consistent 59FPS. So far, kick ass.

Also it adds a lot of the sort of the stuff that made Vice City deeper.

edit: The geforce experience settings recommended very high texture for a 2GB card. I submitted feedback on that.

The Vice City comparison is a good one both for the game itself and the port. GTA:VC was a massively better PC port than GTA3.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
8. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 13, 2015, 21:15 dubfanatic

Maybe I'm just lucky, but the game was all patched and ready to go when I got home 15 minutes ago. Just ran a quick benchmark, the game seems very well optimized.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 13:21 dubfanatic

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:48:
I don't get why there are so many football/soccer management games when other sports are completely neglected. Seriously, who wants to go up against Football Manager, that game is the mother of all management games. American Football only has one decent offering, that being Front Office Football and that game is monumentally flawed.

I'd like to see more American football, Golf, Tennis and Boxing management sims. Some already exist for those sports, but they are terrible.

Agreed. If I knew more about those sports I'd try my hand at developing one. I'm just glad that Eastside Hockey Manager is back.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 16:23 dubfanatic

My Titan X is on a truck somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now. Can't wait to see how I can bring it to its knees with this game.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 18:43 dubfanatic

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 18:35:
Go look up Theodore Bilbo and some of his books if you want to see what kind of trash the "laws based on religious belief" crowd attracts in the US.

You do realize that RFRA is a modern conception and was largely championed by liberals seeking to protect Native American peyote rituals, right? Now that they realize the consequences of religious freedom for all, even KKKhristans, they're trying to retcon it. Kind of like how today's progressives are totally not at all like the ones who used to advocate for eugenics and prohibition.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 18:36 dubfanatic

I am going to sue the teriyaki shop down the street for being closed on Sundays. Your holy day of rest is my inconvenience, and my appetite doesn't observe the Sabbath, shitlords.  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 13:22 dubfanatic

WaltC wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:18:
According to the GLBT alliance, the only group in the US that does not have the right to be offended is the 98%-99% heterosexual majority.

aka the only time anyone from liberal urban centers gives a shit what happens in flyover country

News Comments > Eastside Hockey Manager Revival
1. Re: Eastside Hockey Manager Revival Mar 26, 2015, 21:01 dubfanatic

Wow, this came completely out of left field (left wing?). I guess people have given up on Franchise Hockey Manager already? That's a shame but the initial release was a disaster and it seems like it's treated as a side project. EHM 2007 is still the best hockey sim out there. I'm definitely going to give this a shot.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 13:49 dubfanatic

I can't wait until our entire culture is focus-grouped and retconned into oblivion. Let's start by introducing a little bit more diversity into our nursery rhymes. Hansel and Gretel is looking rather problematic right now.  

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
2. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 10:18 dubfanatic

I don't know why games cost so much more in EU and AUS than in USA (my guess is it's to cover the cost of operating in those regions) but games are cheap in SE Asia because piracy is rampant. Those price points were never supposed to be in effect for first-world consumers. You can try to rationalize it as much as you want, but exploiting those regional differences is really not much better than piracy.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2015, 14:59 dubfanatic

64% morality score? 0/10 occult/supernatural? Pass.  

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 13:53 dubfanatic

This is just good old PMRC-style moralizing dolled up in the language of social justice to make it appealing to secular millenials. It's the same shit that progressives used to relentlessly mock and skewer. But as usual, we find out that progressives are only opposed to haughty moralizing when it comes from people they don't like.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 20:10 dubfanatic

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:20:
2008 is a long time ago when you're talking about this kind of thing. The world has come so far in terms of being PC in 6 years. How many people are honest about such things anyway? Since you cited it, how was the study conducted specifically? Were they offered a series of choices or did they have to provide that one specifically to validate it?

In 2008 you could donate to a political campaign against gay marriage. Now, if you did that, you'd better hope you don't rise to a position of prominence, or the Twitter mafia will get you fired.

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:55 dubfanatic

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:42:
I'm sure there is some merit to it all but I've been around the block with this, women in this case also have esteem issues and when it doesn't go their way start digging a bit too deep as to why and it is easy to feel it must be sexism.

I would argue that is a generational issue, not a gender issue. There are exceptions of course, but in general, my generation is full of whiny, spoiled brats with massive entitlement complexes.

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:52 dubfanatic

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:09:
Look, I work at a tech firm that has a higher than average number of both women and minorities, and half of our VPs are women. Still, our positive experiences doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

What does "hostile work environment" mean? That is a hopelessly broad term that could mean a huge range of behavior. I can cite surveys and articles all I want, but if the methodology of them is poor then any conclusion I draw is flawed. And thanks to the "publish or perish" mentality in academia, there's no shortage of shitty studies to choose from to make any old point I want. These articles always seem to start from some premise and cherry-pick bullshit studies to support their claim. And if you call them out on it you get lumped in with MRAs and other scum.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 20:11.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:04 dubfanatic

Apparently nobody's asked any of the women I work with. Junk article.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 21, 2015, 13:10 dubfanatic

Hopefully Apple will do the same with OS X Yosemite. The stability of it is appalling, worse than Windows 98.  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 22:55 dubfanatic

I'm just glad someone in my state has the balls to stand up to the feminist Mafia. I was beginning to think we had turned into California North.  

News Comments > Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2
7. Re: Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2 Feb 13, 2015, 22:26 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 21:49:
You just know this company is going to tank it all. What a waste of time and money.

I just got into PS2 last month, and not long before the change in ownership I was even considering spending money in the game. Now there's no way I'm spending a penny on this.

1691 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo