Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dan Nugent

Real Name Dan Nugent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DannoHung
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2003, 20:47
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 16848

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > North Miami & Violent Games
27. Re: Very close nin Jan 18, 2004, 10:42 DannoHung

I don't really see why this is a problem. Aren't there laws restricting kids under 17 from going to R rated movies or renting R rated movies without an adult?

I mean, compared to them trying to say that Video Games aren't protected speech at all, this is terrific. Just apply the same rule to M rated and AO games and it'll get them to shut up a little bit.

I'm a soooooooong from the sixties.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Interview
7. Re: Distrustful of Vehicles in FPS? Oct 31, 2003, 14:44 DannoHung

Basketball with trampolines is pretty fun to watch.

If there were a sufficient number of ramps so you could slam-dunk while in the buggy, I would say yes.

News Comments > Athlon 64 Mania
9. Re: No Subject Sep 23, 2003, 16:49 DannoHung

What I don't get is why everyone thinks 64bit is the next best thing [i]right now[/i].

YES, down the road that extra addressing space is going to be essential, YES you can get more precise calculations, YES it IS a good thing to make architecture updates. But it seems a lot of people are falling into the same hype as was introduced back when the Playstation, Sega Saturn, and Nintendo 64 came out: that the number of "bits" something has is somehow vitally important to performance.

Looking at the FX-51 benchmark, it LOOKS like most of the advantages were gained through a refined memory architecture.

Now, I'm not really a hardware geek, so if any of you fellers are, please enlighten me.

edit: Where the heck are the text markup listings?

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 16:50.

News Comments > Steam Update Today
26. Re: Deus Ex Sep 16, 2003, 13:09 DannoHung

I think my browser auto-completed that from a previous thread. Weird.

Some of you guys are pretty pissy. You didn't HAVE to download Steam on the day it was released, they explicitly said that WON was coming down in Two Weeks, anticipating a time period where they'd need to make changes.

You don't HAVE to have anything extra in your Steam folders, you can delete any cache you want and keep any games you don't want not up to date.

Maybe Valve can make the UI a little bit more explicit about this stuff, that'd be a valid complaint, but you're talking about this like they've taken your HL install CD and cracked it into pieces or something.

If you don't want Steam, don't use Steam.

Here's some news for ya: Rome wasn't built in a day.

17. Re: Deus Ex Sep 16, 2003, 11:44 DannoHung

They said they're adding that in the next two weeks or so.  

8. Re: Deus Ex Sep 16, 2003, 10:29 DannoHung

Actually, having used Steam up until the final release, most of the problems ARE new.

It was working very nicely up until 1.0 in my experience.

It WAS a little bloated in terms of footprint, I'll give you that, but otherwise, it worked swimmingly for me.

Also, if you click "Do Not Keep This Game Up To Date" then you can delete the local cache for the game and it won't take up any space on your drive.

Furthermore, most of the slowness being encountered is primarily due to the fact that the servers are being hit a little to hard.

I WOULD question the frequency with which Steam needs to contact servers as a valid concern about the application over all, however if they were working there would be a lot less complaints.

Anyhow, back to playing DoD.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike
80. Re: Deus Ex Sep 14, 2003, 04:29 DannoHung

Definitley. Swarming content delivery is what Steam needs damnit! Luckily, Gabe has said that they plan on adding that.  

News Comments > Chrome Demo
36. Re: Deus Ex Sep 3, 2003, 17:46 DannoHung

Uhm... the Call of Duty demo kicked Copious amounts of ass...  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Q&A
8. Re: living under a rock Aug 29, 2003, 11:31 DannoHung

Oh come on, it'd still have been the biggest (or possibly second biggest due to the DooM3) title of E3 even if it was a totally original title from an unheard of developer.

It's just BIGGER because it's the sequel of one of the best games ever AND Valve is known for doing quality work.

News Comments > New BF1942 Map Planned
20. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2003, 08:03 DannoHung

Well, you're right about that for clan play, but on Pubs it'll suck hard.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Trailer
190. EEEEEE!!!!! May 17, 2003, 11:58 DannoHung

Fileplanet Subscribers get access to a 500mb version of the ENTIRE THING!

SOMEONE GET A TORRENT UP!

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3
14. Choice May 15, 2003, 11:01 DannoHung

Never, EVER take choice away from the player. Are they PAYING for a CG movie?

The only way a completely auto-save feature would work is if it saved after absolutely EVERY difficult encounter. Not just scenes, but places where something requires either a lot of timing or a lot of skill, and you'd have to be lenient in terms of "lot".

I don't think an itemized based save would work either because then you're forcing the player to play till he gets another save item.

News Comments > The Hulk Demo
17. Decent May 8, 2003, 16:30 DannoHung

It's okay. Worth a rental at the very least. It goes for a bit of a Cell Shaded look so the graphics are in general servicable. What'd REALLY make it cool if there was a more complex fighting scheme.  

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Teasing
173. Re: Motivation is Key Apr 26, 2003, 16:54 DannoHung

"Are you serious?? Comon, you realy think they wanted to show off level development by showing us 3 orange walls and bars? "

No, they were trying to show ( and you'd have been aware of this if you had a chance to read the article, which you may or may not have) their "Tang Mode" level testing procedure, wherein the level designers do the architecture work first, hash out any problems with the level design and when it's ready, hand it over to the artists to finalize. A very cool idea if you ask me.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo