Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mike

Real Name Mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname nightfend
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2003, 21:17
Total Comments 603 (Apprentice)
User ID 16828

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Elveon to be Unreal
10. Re: Meh Aug 19, 2005, 16:41 nightfend

I don't know, I like Unreal Tournament 2004. No reason you can't bitch about the game, that's fine, but don't pass your opinion off as gospel law.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mac Myst V Demo
7. No subject Aug 18, 2005, 20:35 nightfend

<yawn> No PC version? And I care why?

News Comments > Gothic 3 & SpellForce 2 Delays
6. No subject Aug 16, 2005, 23:25 nightfend

There's always TES IV: Oblivion to hold you over until Gothic 3 comes out.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 5
4. No subject Aug 15, 2005, 12:13 nightfend

Yep early this year everyone was jumping on the "cell processors is a super-computer" bandwagon. But really the verdict is still out on the cell processor. No one really knows what the real world performance will finally be like. Maybe early next year when the dev kits with the cell processors start making their rounds, people will have a better idea about the thing.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 5
3. No subject Aug 15, 2005, 12:08 nightfend

Can we just call it Doom Tournament 2006??

News Comments > Gold - Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory
2. No subject Aug 10, 2005, 10:56 nightfend

Wow, the game looks awesome, too bad their website looks like a three year old built it.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. SP Demo
194. No subject Aug 7, 2005, 00:17 nightfend

I checked on the FEAR game site, and the official requirments for the game are much lower than the original poster mentioned.

"F.E.A.R. System Requirements Announced
The final system requirements for F.E.A.R. have been announced:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED
· Windows® XP or 2000 with latest service pack installed
· DirectX® 9.0c (April Edition) (included)
· Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or ATI® Radeon® 9600 or equivalent with hardware T&L and pixel shader support
· 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
· 4x CD-ROM drive (for Director's Edition, this will have to be DVD-ROM)
· 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0
· Internet Connection Required
· Mouse
· Keyboard"

But it does sound like they are having issues with users of ATI graphics cards, as everyone mentioning slow downs seems to have the ATI GPUs...

ALSO, note that an internet connection is REQUIRED!!! Sounds like another Steam delivery system for the final game.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 00:18.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. SP Demo
181. No subject Aug 6, 2005, 16:27 nightfend

Well I read all the comments on these forums last night, and was SURE that my machine would have problems as I only have a 6600GT. It turns out I was wrong, the game ran great. I was able to play at 1024x768 with no framerate problems, and the settings were on maximum including soft shadows.
I did have a stuttering sound issue until I toggled on EAX 2.0, then it stopped.
I have an Athlon 64 3400+, so maybe the CPU is more important than anything else in determining a good framerate for this game.

BTW - Loved the big armored soldiers, and the slow motion effects when you hit the CTRL key. Too bad the demo is so short. Definitely going to buy this game though.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 17:01.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Announced
40. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2005, 11:33 nightfend

Yes, because to be an RPG you have to level up, do quests and collect a bunch of shit. Your idea of an RPG is pretty limited.

Uh, yeah, that's pretty much what the game industry considers an RPG. YOU might consider RPGs something else, but that's your whacked out description.

28. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2005, 20:21 nightfend

You are making the assumption it's an RPG. Nowhere in the press release does it say your character has to level, collect gear, or do quests.

News Comments > Dragonshard SP Demo
6. No subject Aug 4, 2005, 15:12 nightfend

I'm confused by some peoples comments on this game. I thought it was an RTS as well. So why is it being compared to Icewind Dale and Dungeon Siege???

1. No subject Aug 4, 2005, 14:27 nightfend

I guess this could end up being good, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. I can't figure out why they won't just do a real first-person RPG game.

News Comments > PC Gauntlet Thrown Down
23. No subject Aug 4, 2005, 14:25 nightfend

Gauntlet Dark Legacy, the last big Gauntlet game that was released on all the major consoles was a fun over-the-top action game. It was fun when you had three other friends over and just wanted to have some mindless action.

Unfortunately this newer Gauntlet tried to be serious and tried to straddle the line between referencing the original Gauntlet game and making a modern action RPG. I played the demo for quite a while at E3 this year, and it just wasn't a whole lot of fun. They tried to add a ton of fighting move combos to the game, but instead of this improving the gameplay, it just complicated and slow the game down. Sometimes simplicity is best.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne 2
1. No subject Aug 2, 2005, 09:49 nightfend

Wow, didn't this game come out last year? Are there really that many people waiting for the PC Version?

News Comments > Activision & Marvel Deal Expands
4. Re: Cool Jul 29, 2005, 17:36 nightfend

Yeah, Interplay doesn't really exist anymore. They laid off all their staff awhile back.

News Comments > The Matrix Online Server Merge
34. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 17:35 nightfend

I'd have more faith in D&D Online if it had different developers. Now, as always you have to take E3 demos with a grain of salt as they are early previews, but I wasn't really that impressed when I saw it demo'd by Turbine. I didn't see anything revolutionary about the game at the time, though all the action I saw took place around a small town.

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
2. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2005, 14:41 nightfend

Ahahaha good catch on that one! Wow, talk about reviewing an old game.

News Comments > The Matrix Online Server Merge
20. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 14:14 nightfend

I agree on both Middle Earth Online and D&D Online. They are either vaporware or if they do get released will fail badly.

Then again, I was surprised at how well Guild Wars did (probably the "free" gameplay had something to do with it). No accounting for the average players bad tastes in gaming.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 11:05 nightfend

I'd rather play a mediocre First person shooter, than play the really lame Katamari game where you roll around collecting garbage. Uh, now that's real fun.

News Comments > Hannibal Game
12. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 11:02 nightfend

Everyone has pretty much summed up my thoughts on this game, which is "I'd rather play a Hannibal the Cannibal game than a Roman invasion action game."

603 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo