Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for scratch

Real Name scratch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname scratz
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.freakfest.net
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 01:30
Total Comments 107 (Novice)
User ID 1681

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
8. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 12:06 scratz

Most of my entire original guild has spontaneously decided to get back together for this, even though we have all long ago moved on to real world lives. The nostalgia wave is huge.

Also, Tarren Mill v Southshore is simple genius, and worth the price of admission on its own. Can't wait.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Frontier's Edge DLC Announced
3. Re: Titanfall Frontier's Edge DLC Announced Jul 8, 2014, 15:56 scratz

I bought it a few weeks back on the EA summer sale, and I haven't noticed low population problems at all.

But a three map DLC is pretty goddamn weak. Feeling a bit ripped off on that front.

That said, the game mechanics are fantastic. But this game needs to be placed in a large open world. Even BF4 sized maps would be an improvement.

Verdict: Titanfall 2 should be amazing. Titanfall vanilla is worth $20.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 16:52 scratz

My PS3 automatically detects my Plex server and plays any of that content.

Has this feature been removed in the PS4?

ps Chromecast is also a solid solution. The Plex client runs beautifully, even on uncompressed streams.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 13:24 scratz

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:49:
You would be a big fan of the government's proposed net neutrality bill where everybody has access to the same internet speed. Although it will be slow and expensive as hell with additional fees for high traffic websites like Amazon. It's easy and "fair" to make sure everybody has shit. We don't want hurt feelings now do we?
You have this backwards. Net Neutrality would *prevent* service providers for isolating and monitizing traffic, not cause it. As things stand today, it is only a matter of time before the large service providers decry anyone watching Netflix as a bandwidth "abuser', and come up with an additional 'premium' fee for anyone that wants to watch video over their existing Internet connection. This is what Net Neutrality is intended to mitigate.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Operations Operation Phoenix
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Operations Operation Phoenix Feb 21, 2014, 11:16 scratz

Holy shit, this year Counterstrike is 15 years old.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2014, 11:17 scratz

Tonight kicks off the Winter Olympics, an event I could swear happens more frequently than every four years.
Sure sign of age, Blue.

(I feel it too. "What, already?")

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
6. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 15:41 scratz

I'm probably one of the customers they are 'targeting' with this promo, and it sounds great to me. I'll take as much advantage of these bonuses as I can.

ps Still love the game, all faults aside.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Jan 15, 2014, 19:06 scratz

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 18:07:
Isn't this the Aveline Grandpre story? Doesn't everyone who owns AC4 already own this?
Nope. I heard AC2 was great, but never got around to it. I got bored halfway though AC1, frankly, and why play a sequel to something I didn't enjoy enough to finish?

Liked the concept behind AC3, but heard bad things and again never got around to it, either.

Never even heard of Liberation, had to look up what the hell it is.

But AC4, yeah, I saw a preview gameplay demo and was floored, bought it the day it hit PC, and I've been deeply immersed ever since. Great game, lives up to its hype and then some.

So, no, not everyone that owns AC4 has played title.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 12:18 scratz

Blu-ray is proprietary, owned by Sony. Licenses are something like $20/per.

Most blu-ray enabled computers come with software packs that include the codec, but if you're like me and you build your own, your best bet is probably to buy a properly licensed software blu-ray player.

That was my experience, anyway.

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
24. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 17:58 scratz

Notice most of the hate is coming from people who don't play it.

It has problems, sure. But its also evolutionary and damn fun, and just about everyone on the servers I join seem to be enjoying the hell out of themselves.

A lot of these problems sound worse than they are. Case in point, the full extent of this "connectivity" problem for me has been a sync failure between the weapon loadout on my second screen Battlelog and the one in game. Oh no, disaster!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow
9. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC Tomorrow Dec 16, 2013, 18:31 scratz

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 17:29:
Just ignore collecting the Animus fragments. You get an achievement and some cheats, that's it. I wish I knew that earlier.
Funny, as I grabbed one last night I found myself thinking, "Wait, what the hell are these things for, anyway?"

That said, great game. Really ejoying it. So. Much. To. Do.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 16:35 scratz

(Sad for your loss, Blue)

But in other news way more relevant to this site's topic, Carmack is leaving id Software.

John Carmack Just Left id Software (tomshardware.com)

That's the full brake end to an important era for a lot of long term BluesNews readers who first started coming here for Quake news nearly 20 years ago.

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
22. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 16:48 scratz

McSterls wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 16:45:
My friend and I in college used to argue about if Half-Life on release would be a defining moment in Video games. I think time has proven me right.
It has indeed. That opening sequence changed the entire notion of what video games could do and what they could become.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Opens
26. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Opens Oct 4, 2013, 15:11 scratz

I burned out on military shooters years ago.

But this looks really good. Count me in.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 24, 2013, 12:15 scratz

That trench run looks to be a modernization of the old 80s Star Wars coin-op video game.  

49. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 15:03 scratz

I will just remind all the youngsters here that B&N has(d) a corporate policy of moving into local markets, identifying the local privately owned bookstores, duplicating their stock and undercutting them at a loss until said local stores closed, then eliminate that stock and return to cookie cutter shitty fucking BN overpriced, cheaply produced books.

Fuck B&N running, good riddance.

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
10. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 10, 2013, 00:30 scratz

"You are currently 2357 in the Launch Queue.
You will be notified by email when the game is ready for download."

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Keys [Updated]
5. Re: Dota 2 No Longer Requires Beta Keys Jun 21, 2013, 12:43 scratz

FWIW my Steam account has said "You already own Dota 2" for months (I do not).

And just about everyone on my (admittedly tiny) friends list is said to have it, too. I don't think any of them do, either.

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
19. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 18:25 scratz

Funny, after a week's worth of announcements and new game videos and press releases I actually thought E3 was already over.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2013, 16:41 scratz

Blue, you echo my take on Spartacus nearly thought for thought. Somewhere in the middle of season 3 I realized it had morphed from being a silly guilty pleasure to a genuine good show that had my complete attention.

Side note, Spartacus charging up the hill in chase of Crassus last night was about the coolest moment I have ever seen in anything.

107 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo