Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steven

Real Name Steven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ethic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 18:13
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 16754

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Resident Evil 4 Nov 8, 2004, 16:41 ethic

>>#4

Why are their days numbered? They may not be selling as many consoles as Sony (I think they're still beating MS, though), but they're not losing any money, either. It took a buh-zillion dollar debt before Sega decided to leave the Hardware market. 'tendo is nowhere near being in that much financial trouble; in fact, the complete opposite is true -- they're very successful.

The only thing I'm worried about is trying to find tickets to the Shinji Mikami's self-beheading:

"The only thing I can tell you now is Resident Evil 4 will definitely release only on GameCube, not on another console, if it happens, I will cut my head off."
-http://www.morbidcreations.com/re_behind/rebehind-int0-1.htm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
123. Logo? Oct 25, 2003, 22:30 ethic

Is the BluesNews logo part of this update? Are the specially-designed, regularly-updated logos that are tied in with a rad video game gone? I really liked those. It was like a game I played with myself: try to guess which game this is from...

Oh, and I know this probably isn't part of the new format -- but that Arkadium ad is super-duper stupid. This is the first time I've seen an advertisement like that (a webpage within a webpage). These companies can't actually believe that their annoying method of advertising actually attracts customers to their products...

News Comments > Universal Combat Demo Update
34. ....? Oct 19, 2003, 11:59 ethic

Who's Derek Smart, and why does everybody hate him?

News Comments > Demos: Fair Strike & Law and Order II
9. Re: What would be nice... Sep 27, 2003, 07:33 ethic

Why would anybody watch Criminal Intent when Alias is on at the same time??? That's just crazy...

News Comments > Halo PC Gold
27. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2003, 13:49 ethic

Reply to #6:

If you really think HL2 is going to be on shelves on 9/30, then you've got your head up your ass. Considering the game is about a billion times more anticipated than Halo PC, and it still hasn't gone gold yet -- chances are you're not getting it on 9/30.

Also, to all you little wieners that feel the need to mention why you WON'T be getting Halo PC, I think I'll mention the reasons why I will.

1: Xbox blows, and everybody who bought one is an idiot. Smart people bought Gamecubes. Although 2 years late, the fact that Halo was even ported to PC just goes to show that there's absolutely no reason to own an Xbox; everything that's worth owning on Xbox gets ported to PC, anyway. People with more patience than a 6-year-old have no problem playing a game that's sooo "passe."

2: With the exception of the following: Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, and the first level of Turok 2, FPSs on consoles suck (combine that with the blowing of the Xbox, and you've got an issue that, although defying all laws of physics, both blows and sucks at the same time).

3: HL2 won't be out in September. Doom 3 won't be out until early '04. Even though you pretentious asses have already played Halo, I haven't; and really, that's all that is important.

4: Just to anger you Xboxers. You wasted $350 dollars for Halo (1 Xbox in '01, + Halo = $350. Don't bother saying your Xbox libary consists of anything other than Halo, because that'll just be showing your complete lack of taste in video games), and the fact that I'm going to have more fun with it for $300 less than you paid is sure to anger you. Admit it, you're jealous of me.

5: Just checked Ebgames.com, Halo PC comes with a novel. I'm not going to read it, but that doesn't matter. Yay! Novel for me, NOTHING FOR YOU!!!

News Comments > Consolidation
3. For the first time.. Sep 4, 2003, 16:16 ethic

For the first time in, who knows how long, the GCN outsold the PS2 in Japan last week. Thanks to FF:CC and Tales of Symphonia, of course. Granted, it was only by about 300 units (35,600 for GCN, and 35,300 for PS2), but it's still great. Meanwhile, the Xbox sold 650 -- which is just sad.

You see, this is the beginning of the end for Sony. I'm serious, yo. And Microsoft, they should just give up completely in Japan; they've lost the country. Stick to the U.S. and Europe.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
2. Re: Shock! Jul 29, 2003, 20:04 ethic

Doom 3 delayed, HL2 delayed... I guess Halo is looking a little better now, isn't it? ISN'T IT!!??? That's right...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. KFC Jul 27, 2003, 18:17 ethic

I remember my mom buying KFC for me when I was a little kid; I only ate the skin. Needless to say, I was a fat, fat boy. When I was in 2nd grade, I had to play Santa Clause in our school Christmas play. Yes, it was the starring role, and yes, I was the greatest part of the whole show, but I still think I would have had more fun if I were one of the Gymastic-Clowns that everybody else in the 2nd grade got to be. I had to wear Santa-Pants, man. On the other hand, none of them had a Mrs. Clause... Hmmm...

Woh, random, unrelated thought popping into my head: When I was in 6th grade, my teacher held me after class to tell me that I stunk.

I haven't eaten KFC in years. I do wonder what the actual meat tastes like; maybe I'll order it for dinner tonight. Or maybe I'll order a chiken pizza. I be fiendin' for some chicken, yo.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 18:18.

News Comments > etc.
5. ... Jul 27, 2003, 18:11 ethic

...wrong article...

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 18:15.

News Comments > Halo PC Preview
43. Re: hey, where is everyone? Jul 15, 2003, 18:40 ethic

I don't have an Xbox, so I'll buy this port. You know, if I had spent $350 to play Halo back in '01 (come on, admit it: your entire Xbox purchase was based on Halo -- it had to have been; there's no other reason to own an Xbox. Everything good eventually gets ported, anyway), I'd probably be a little bitter, too. I mean, it must be incredibly frustrating to see other people get a superior version of a game for $40, at the same time remembering that it took you months of mowing lawns and running lemonade stands to save up enough money to get Halo: Xbox.

Yay! Superior Halo for me!

News Comments > PlanetSide on May 20
53. Re: PS May 6, 2003, 08:22 ethic

I think I'm going to get it. I hate the idea of subscribing to games, but if the comparisons to Tribes (which is my all-time favorite PC game) are true, I'm willing to subscribe. Besides, I've felt like I've been missing out on this Mass-Multiplayer craze...

I wish companies would start selling subscriptions as packages instead of individually. $10/month for ever Sony Online game (Everquest, PlanetSide, Star Wars: Galaxies) is more than worth it. But $10 each?

Do you MMOGamers limit yourself to subscribing to one game at a time, or do you subscribe to multiple games at once? I just don't think I'd be able to afford that (especially when I consider how much I spend on offline, console games)..

News Comments > Games & Washington
45. Re: Comments Apr 18, 2003, 15:37 ethic

No sense of right or wrong, eh? What makes you think that you have a sense of what's right or wrong? What gives you the right to determine the moral-standard by which everybody should abide by? Despite what you'd like to believe, you're no more important than anybody else; and in reality, a lot of your ideas actually have the potential to have a negative impact on society. Like this:

I'm of the mind that you should have to take a class...to be given the priviledge to be a parent.

Yeah, and how do you intend to enforce this totalitarian concept? Forced-abortions for women that get pregnant but haven't been granted a 'right-to-give-birth license'? Brilliant... (sarcasm)...

Honestly, some of you extreme-liberal, uber-hippies come up with ideas for laws without thinking about the negative consequences that can follow. Just like this restricted gaming law. Everything sounds good in theory, but theory and reality don't always work well together.
This comment was edited on Apr 18, 15:44.

News Comments > Games & Washington
20. Who's rating the games? Apr 18, 2003, 14:35 ethic

As long as the Government has no involvement in the rating of these games, then yeah, it isn't censorship. But that doesn't mean it's any less, um.. sucky.

I really doubt these restrictions would be based on the current method of rating games. Considering that ratings are pretty much voluntary, some publishers may just give the software an "NR" rating (the same way some movies are released. Like 'Spun' that just came out a few weeks ago). And once this loophole is 'discovered' (if it already hasn't been... I didn't see anything in the CNN article about it. Then again, I only briefly glanced at it.), then who's to say that the Government won't create an entire organization devoted to the rating of media? A Government that not only restricts the sell of software to minors, but also determines what is appropriate for minors is censorship.

I'm not a minor, but this still has the potential to affect me. I don't want to be carded everytime I buy a game. That's just stupid.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo