Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 606 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 14:37 Bodolza

Looks like someone forgot to take his meds this morning.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2013, 12:52 Bodolza

I've known a few struggling actors. The entertainment industry doesn't work that way. She's middle age by TV standards. When BBT goes off the air, she might never see another major TV role again. She's also making over $7 mill a year. That's a lot of incentive to toe the line.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 28, 2013, 13:13 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 07:25:
I can deal without Google knowing what I watch and download and then tying it to my real name

You mean like what Comcast and most other ISPs currently do?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2013, 16:22 Bodolza

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 13:26:
Let's be honest it's politically incorrect to celebrate Christmas.

I can't let this bullshit fly. Christmas is the most celebrated holiday by far in the U.S. Where I live, the majority of the houses will have Christmas lights up. It's impossible to go to any commercial area without being inundated with Christmas regalia. All media is filled with Christmas commercials. There's usually a slew of Christmas movies in the theater.

Talk about a disconnect from reality.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 27, 2013, 12:40 Bodolza

I did a quick check. I've had 5 calls on my phone in the past 2 months. I don't use it as a phone. It's a mobile computer/game platform. These days, being able to receive phone calls is a side benefit.  

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2013, 12:31 Bodolza

The ACLU has consistently fought to keep government out of people's private lives. I always found it ironic that they get the most attacks from Republicans.  

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 26, 2013, 12:54 Bodolza

I laughed.

But I don't blame the Onion for apologizing, as long as they don't castrate themselves, too.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 Bodolza

As someone with some experience in both government, and network design, I don't see anything particularly nefarious. To me, it looks like a witch hunt by people who don't understand the technology.

Preferring a single vendor for your network equipment is standard operating practice. Requiring dual power supplies is also perfectly normal.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2013, 12:29 Bodolza

Almost every recipe I've seen calls for beef, pork, veal, and pancetta. If anything, I'd leave out the veal, since its taste is kind of halfway between beef and pork.

If you're worried about your ground pork source, it only takes a few minutes to make yourself, even if all you have is a food processor.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 19, 2013, 12:48 Bodolza

Axis wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 12:26:
The "mouse" on past consoles have SEVERE limitations which is immediately apparent to any PC gamer who would prefer it.

The mouse on PS3 is very similar to a PC, but very few games allow it. Unreal Tournament did, with predictable hilarity. My very first time playing the game I went on-line with gamepad/mouse (gamepad for movement) and completely dominated, and I'm not a very good player. I stopped after a couple more rounds because it was just getting silly.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 12:40 Bodolza

I don't get why people are saying the Tesla's are overpriced. A similarly equipped (but slower) Audi A6 will run you about $65K. That's the same as the most expensive Tesla model after tax credits. Premium gas is running around $4.50 gallon around here. Assuming a light 10K a year driving, the Tesla will end up being a couple thousand dollars less than it's competitors after just one year of use, and it just gets cheaper in comparison year after year.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2013, 12:16 Bodolza

So, ugly guy complains that hot women won't pay attention to him, and then proceeds to insult ugly women. Classy.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2013, 12:33 Bodolza

Panickd wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:36:
Who is paying for this that keeps that company afloat.

I guessing it's business licenses for companies who won't use any software that doesn't have commercial support.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2013, 12:45 Bodolza

As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I doubt they're going to lose many customers. Applebee's likes to move into small towns, and is sometimes the only large restaurant around. Besides, anyone eating at Applebee's has already given up on life.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2013, 12:57 Bodolza

As I see it he's either racist or remarkable ignorant of racial issues for a politician. Take your pick.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 13:21 Bodolza

sauron wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 12:28:
We got around the worst of it by covering the roasting pan with foil but I'm still not sure if I'd give it another try. Too much smoke and aggravation.

Just put some water in the bottom of the roasting pan to stop the smoking. Even better, use some vegetable trimmings as your roasting rack. Then, at the end you can use the drippings as a sauce.

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 13:36 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

Say good-bye to news magazines as well.

News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 15:18 Bodolza

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 14:50:
The facts don't lie, the states in which these incidents are happening tend to have the strictest gun laws already and are blue states.

Facts? OK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

In 2004 presidential election:
Louisiana 56.7/42 Repub/Dem
Maryland 42.9/55.9
Mississippi 59.4/39.7
California 44.4/54.3
Nevada 50.4/47.9
South Carolina 58.0/40.9
Illinois 44.5/54.8
Michigan 47.8/51.2
Arizona 54.9/44.4
New Mexico 49.8/49.0
Georgia 58.0/41.4
Missouri 59.4/39.7
Arkansas 54.3/44.6
Texas 61.0/38.2
Tennessee 56.8/42.5

So, for the top 15 states in gun violence, during the 2004 election, 4 were considered "blue" states, and the remaining 11 are "red" states. If you want to keep going, the next 8 out of 10 are also "red" states.

Either the "red" states love themselves stricter gun control regulation, or you are full of shit.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 13:52 Bodolza

Verno wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:27:
I think people have a right to bear arms and until its removed from the constitution somehow the debate is kinda pointless.

But they don't have that right, already. You can't buy most of the arms available to the military. We already have massive restrictions on what normal citizens can purchase. If you actually believe "well regulated militia" was meant to pertain to anyone, the second amendment is already meaningless. The government already came for your arms.

If you support the status quo, you already support gun control.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2013, 12:16 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:37:
These eco-hippies that keep whining about how we need to start using 100% clean energy (as if such a thing exists), are always the first ones who whine when that causes energy prices to rise, and they're also the first ones at the fucking pump to fill up, because they need to drive to yet another rally where they can whine about shit they have no clue about.

That's quite the straw-man you've managed to build, there. Did that take you all day to make?

606 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo