Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 595 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2013, 12:16 Bodolza
So, ugly guy complains that hot women won't pay attention to him, and then proceeds to insult ugly women. Classy.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2013, 12:33 Bodolza
Panickd wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:36:
Who is paying for this that keeps that company afloat.

I guessing it's business licenses for companies who won't use any software that doesn't have commercial support.
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2013, 12:45 Bodolza
As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I doubt they're going to lose many customers. Applebee's likes to move into small towns, and is sometimes the only large restaurant around. Besides, anyone eating at Applebee's has already given up on life.
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2013, 12:57 Bodolza
As I see it he's either racist or remarkable ignorant of racial issues for a politician. Take your pick.  
News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 13:21 Bodolza
sauron wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 12:28:
We got around the worst of it by covering the roasting pan with foil but I'm still not sure if I'd give it another try. Too much smoke and aggravation.

Just put some water in the bottom of the roasting pan to stop the smoking. Even better, use some vegetable trimmings as your roasting rack. Then, at the end you can use the drippings as a sauce.
News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 13:36 Bodolza
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

Say good-bye to news magazines as well.
News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 15:18 Bodolza
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 14:50:
The facts don't lie, the states in which these incidents are happening tend to have the strictest gun laws already and are blue states.

Facts? OK:

In 2004 presidential election:
Louisiana 56.7/42 Repub/Dem
Maryland 42.9/55.9
Mississippi 59.4/39.7
California 44.4/54.3
Nevada 50.4/47.9
South Carolina 58.0/40.9
Illinois 44.5/54.8
Michigan 47.8/51.2
Arizona 54.9/44.4
New Mexico 49.8/49.0
Georgia 58.0/41.4
Missouri 59.4/39.7
Arkansas 54.3/44.6
Texas 61.0/38.2
Tennessee 56.8/42.5

So, for the top 15 states in gun violence, during the 2004 election, 4 were considered "blue" states, and the remaining 11 are "red" states. If you want to keep going, the next 8 out of 10 are also "red" states.

Either the "red" states love themselves stricter gun control regulation, or you are full of shit.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 13:52 Bodolza
Verno wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:27:
I think people have a right to bear arms and until its removed from the constitution somehow the debate is kinda pointless.

But they don't have that right, already. You can't buy most of the arms available to the military. We already have massive restrictions on what normal citizens can purchase. If you actually believe "well regulated militia" was meant to pertain to anyone, the second amendment is already meaningless. The government already came for your arms.

If you support the status quo, you already support gun control.
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2013, 12:16 Bodolza
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:37:
These eco-hippies that keep whining about how we need to start using 100% clean energy (as if such a thing exists), are always the first ones who whine when that causes energy prices to rise, and they're also the first ones at the fucking pump to fill up, because they need to drive to yet another rally where they can whine about shit they have no clue about.

That's quite the straw-man you've managed to build, there. Did that take you all day to make?
News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 13:22 Bodolza
I've always preferred the definition I heard long ago. Art is a decision. The moment someone decides to create anything a certain way, it becomes art.

Yes, it's a very broad definition, but since almost anything could be considered art, it has to broad. It also doesn't take a subjective stance. There can be bad art and good art. Just because it's bad, doesn't mean it's not art.
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
42. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 17:39 Bodolza
- Boot time and shutdown time is nearly instantaneous.

Get an SSD.

- Syncing my settings between home machine and work machine.

Your work place lets you apply whatever random settings you want to your machine? Consider yourself lucky.

- No more 3rd party antivirus.

Windows Defender is also available for Windows 7.

- Factory Reset (i.e Refresh)!

My Tandy computer had this 15 years ago.

- Native ISO support. :)

About f'ing time. Is it as feature rich as Daemon Tools lite, or will I still need that installed?

- The Task Manager is actually useful now. ;)

Can't say this was ever an issue for me. What are you using Task Manager for except killing misbehaving processes?

- Search functionality makes way more sense and is much faster.

I've seen a lot of hate for the search "charm"

- Keyboard shortcuts are so useful. You rarely need the mouse to get around the system and it's actually a faster way to navigate.

How is this new to Win8? I've been able to use keyboard shortcuts for all navigation since v3.1

- Who needs a start menu when you have a nice small menu that has everything you need?

You clearly use fewer apps than I do.

- You can disable the Metro interface if you don't want to use it. I configure to boot right to the desktop.

Great. Where's my Aero.

- Windows To Go. If you want to use Win8 on your friend's slow Win7 machine, just plugin your flash drive and everything is compatible. ;)

I have never once needed to do this, but then again, I don't have any friends.

- Multi-monitor support is MUCH better!

I do like being able to have my taskbar span multiple monitors. Too bad I've just got the one huge monitor now.

- SkyDrive is seamless and very useful!

You forgot to add that it's also cheaper than the competition.

I thought I'd offer something a little positive over the average negative naysayer who's afraid of change.

I moved to Windows 7 as soon as it came out, because of the obvious benefits over XP, so don't give me that "afraid of change" crap.
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 13:36 Bodolza
Atomic wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 13:28:
I never used the Start menu much anyway, so maybe to me, the new Start screen is just not that big a deal and easy to ignore.

Or you could have upgraded to Win7 instead, then you wouldn't have to ignore it at all, and you'd have the option of having a usable Start menu.

Does Classic Shell restore Aero? I like my transparent windows.
News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2012, 13:15 Bodolza
You wanna talk plot holes, this one had some big ones, like major characters just completely disappearing part way through the the movie with no explanation of what happened to them.  
36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 19:47 Bodolza
Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 18:43:
That's actually a bunch of little handwaves but more importantly it did not take place in the film.
How are those "little handwaves?" Maybe we don't have the same definition of the term. I gave one of many possible explanations. If simple and plausible isn't what you're looking for, I don't know what would satisfy your requirements for it not to be "handwaving".

No one asked for a detailed explanation but when you jump cut from one scene to the other without some transition it can be jarring.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Jump cuts are frequently used to great effect. For a perfect example, see LoTR:RoTK. In the original cut, Aragorn disappears into the Paths of the Dead, which leaves to the surprising and effective moment (unless you've read the books) when he reappears during the battle with the Dead Men in tow. In the extended edition, they show more detail in-between, totally gutting the effectiveness of his appearance during the battle.

There are many pages on google (the dark knight rises plot holes) dedicated to it so if you aren't happy with mine, by all means go have a ball.
I tried. I looked at several lists, but they were similar to your - all complaints about things easily explained, or stuff that was actually spelled out in the movie. How about just one actual plot hole?

They deprived Batman of all resources and dumped him in a desert.
Here's a great example of people apparently just not paying attention. After he exits the pit, the camera pans up, and he's right next to a city. How is that "dumped in the desert"? There was probably an airport within a few miles.
32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 18:27 Bodolza
Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 17:29:
I can only handwave away so many inconsistencies with "He's the goddamn Batman" type explanations
Here's a perfectly boring, yet plausible explanation: Bruce finds a phone. He calls collect to one of his millionaire buddies in the area. His friend hooks him up with a private plane to the closest airport to Gotham. No passpord required, and he's there by nightfall. He rents a dry suit and snorkels across the river. Shouldn't be too hard for one guy to sneak in at night. The next morning he's in Gotham.

There you go. Perfectly plausible. No handwaving required, and took me about 30 seconds to think up.

I've still have yet to see anyone give an example of an actual plot hole in this movie. Something completely out of character or unexplainable (like Kirk running into Spock in a cavern on some random planet.)
30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 17:11 Bodolza
As you pointed out, most of these aren't plot holes. They just either weren't explicitly explained, or your making incorrect assumptions, or (according to you) you didn't like the explanation for some reason. Just hitting the ones that I think might possibly be seen as plot holes, or the ones I keep seeing repeated:

Why would the CIA let someone onto a plane without ever checking their identity?
You could ask the same about when they arrested him, or put him in the vehicle, or put the bag on his head in the first place. By the time they get the plane, I figure they'd be pretty sure who they had - hence the surprise.

How did Bane know exactly where to find the weapons lab?
I've seen this one a few times, and my answer is the same for a few other issues as well. Bane is near the top of an advanced world-wide criminal organization (League of Shadows) that's been around for thousands of years. They already know practically everything about Batman. You really think they can't find the basement?

How did no one notice that drilling and digging under the building?
The space under the building was already there. They just planted the explosives. Gotham seems to be like Rome. Buildings on top of buildings.

How does he get back to the city with no money, stuck in the middle of nowhere and despite the city being on tight lockdown? Good luck without a passport these days.

He's the Goddamn Batman. Did you really want a 15 minute montage of him getting back into the city?

How would he possibly fake his own death when he's a literal world wide celebrity in the first place?
Looks like he moved to Europe. How many European multi-millionaires would you recognize on the street? Me? Maybe Branson. That's it.
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 12:35 Bodolza
Bhruic wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:02:
Too many gaping plot holes (you only listed a few, there are many more as I'm sure you're aware) to like the story.

Which plot holes are you referring too? Creston didn't mention any in his post.
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 15:52 Bodolza
This is the best thing he produced, IMHO.
News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched
40. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 12:34 Bodolza
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:07:
Just out of interest, what do people currently consider to be the best singleplayer AI for a FPS?

F.E.A.R., which came out over 7 years ago. Not much excuse for crappy AI these days.
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 12:40 Bodolza
Beamer wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:13:
"Executives" is the press' word, not Hostess. This is 19 people they consider vital...And I guarantee a few IT guys keeping the systems going.

Got anything to back that up?
595 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo