Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2015, 14:46 Bodolza

There's no such thing as race, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cline_%28biology%29

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2015, 12:50 Bodolza

$20K was for the home theater system, so the actual cost was $30K for the remodel. Around here, that's not bad for a full basement remodel.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 5, 2015, 12:50 Bodolza

That's not passwordless. He used his phone to login, so you either have a password on your phone, or anyone who has your phone can log in as you. This is a step backwards from 2-factor.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
31. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 14:28 Bodolza

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 28, 2015, 14:05:
I'm guessing it will go for $499 unbundled. You heard it here first.

Rift will be DOA at that price. It would remain a niche product with limited application support, which means a quick death. The only way this is going to take off is if it's an easily justifiable purchase by the masses, which probably means under $300.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 27, 2015, 12:39 Bodolza

The system worked as expected. You had to supply multiple pieces of personal information to create an account. The "hackers" were able to create the accounts because they'd already stolen that info from other sources.

Unless the US rolls out some sort of secure individual authorization system to every citizen, this is always going to be a problem. I'm sure the people that are complaining the loudest about this "hack" are also the ones that would be most opposed to the solution.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 14:14 Bodolza

It had the 6th highest opening for an R-rated film in May, and 24th for any month. PP2, meanwhile, is 22nd for PG-13 films in May. I also expect PP2 to drop off a lot next week. My guess is Mad Max will make more than PP2 next weekend.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2015, 12:40 Bodolza

Giant Star Wars LEGO Super Star Destroyer Shattered at 1000 fps

Looks more realistic than the actual shot in ROTJ. So much great SFX work in that movie, then one of the biggest explosions is one of the most obvious model shots in the series. I really wish they had fixed that in the special editions.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2015, 13:58 Bodolza

According to the article, no need for an anti-desktop RWD site - just a mobile site would be enough.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 15:29 Bodolza

A mobile site would be nice, as long as Blue avoids "Responsive Web Design". That stuff is a plague on the internet.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 19:02 Bodolza

pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck

No space battles?

News Comments > Into the Black
36. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 13:14 Bodolza

I continue to be underwhelmed by what I'm seeing. People constantly complain about George's dialog, but his dialog is one of the primary factors in making something "feel" like Star Wars. It's why the TV shows and games always seem a bit off. Without Lucas's script, I think the movie is going to seem more like EU material than another Star Wars film.

My main concern, though, is Abrams - who has a bad habit of dumbing everything down. The giant plot holes in the Star Trek movies ruined them for me, and I don't see much to indicate that things will be different. Lucas spent years working out the stories and scripts for his films. I doubt we're going to be seeing the same level of care with the new movies.

I mean, look at this design: http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2015/merrick/tfacel14_large.jpg
Stormtroopers had a hard enough time seeing as it was. How is that even remotely functional? And the lightsaber. http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2015/merrick/newkylo1_large.jpg He's about 2 inches from skewering himself.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 3, 2015, 12:56 Bodolza

Congress already requires all video distributors to include close captioning, and all IP distribution to include CC on television content. Basically, the only major thing left out was movies over IP delivery. This lawsuit was trying to close that loophole. Do you really consider that abusurd?  

27. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 12:41 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:55:
F is a fucking stupid system, as is literally every other unit of measure used in the US. We are a base-10 species. Not using base-10 as your default units in everything is retarded.

Both F and C are base-10. The only difference is what sets the range. In Celsius, 100 is the boiling point of water. In Fahrenheit it's the temperature of the human body (which they missed by a bit).

Since I'm a human, and not a pot of water, I prefer the F scale.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 17:09 Bodolza

Rocksmith is where it's at, at least for guitar and bass. Especially considering the ridiculous quantity of free community tracks on customforge. Somewhere north of 5,000 last time I looked.  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 13:38 Bodolza

They're suing over the chord progression, which AFAIK, you can't copyright.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2015, 16:10 Bodolza

PropheT wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 14:01:
I don't know how he could sit there and say with a straight face that it wasn't the circus he's talking about.

Because he knows the work that went behind creating them. If you want to educate yourself, there's volumes of material on the subject.

Here's some good ones to start off with.
Power of Myth
The Magic Myth
Making of Star Wars
Making of ESB
Making of TPM

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2015, 13:11 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:52:
Meesa no think so, George.

Yes, there was.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 23, 2015, 13:17 Bodolza

The right-wingers on this board have been oddly quiet so far.  

24. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 14:36 Bodolza

I watched all 6 over the holiday break for the first time. I can honestly say that ROTS is currently my favorite of the bunch. Best opening, best effects, best light-saber fights. Watching ROTS and ROTJ back-to-back, I also noticed for the first time how similar the Emperor's performance is between the two.

Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 23:19:
...And Anakin just going "Well shit, I'm confused, let me just go murder Jedi children because this dude who both Jedi Masters said was evil told me so."

This criticism bugs me. It's like people are ignoring that ROTS is part of a series. Lucas spent 5 and half movies establishing and explaining Anakin's fall to the dark side, but people claim it was abrupt?

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

"Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and "became" Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed."

"Hmm. Much anger in him, like his father."

"His mind is twisted and evil."

"do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."

"The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. "

"Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!"

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you."

"I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're
dead, every single one of them...Not just the men, but the women and the children too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals... I hate them!"

"I will be the most powerful Jedi ever! I promise you, I will even
learn to stop people from dying."

"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."

"I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death."

"Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padme."

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2015, 14:54 Bodolza

Loving that TCM is now actually HD. I also watched one of the movies last night, but recorded the others.

To quote the wife, "Marx brothers are a lot funnier than I expected."

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo