Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 564 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 17:09 Bodolza

Rocksmith is where it's at, at least for guitar and bass. Especially considering the ridiculous quantity of free community tracks on customforge. Somewhere north of 5,000 last time I looked.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 13:38 Bodolza

They're suing over the chord progression, which AFAIK, you can't copyright.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2015, 16:10 Bodolza

PropheT wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 14:01:
I don't know how he could sit there and say with a straight face that it wasn't the circus he's talking about.

Because he knows the work that went behind creating them. If you want to educate yourself, there's volumes of material on the subject.

Here's some good ones to start off with.
Power of Myth
The Magic Myth
Making of Star Wars
Making of ESB
Making of TPM

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2015, 13:11 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:52:
Meesa no think so, George.

Yes, there was.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 23, 2015, 13:17 Bodolza

The right-wingers on this board have been oddly quiet so far.  

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 14:36 Bodolza

I watched all 6 over the holiday break for the first time. I can honestly say that ROTS is currently my favorite of the bunch. Best opening, best effects, best light-saber fights. Watching ROTS and ROTJ back-to-back, I also noticed for the first time how similar the Emperor's performance is between the two.

Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 23:19:
...And Anakin just going "Well shit, I'm confused, let me just go murder Jedi children because this dude who both Jedi Masters said was evil told me so."

This criticism bugs me. It's like people are ignoring that ROTS is part of a series. Lucas spent 5 and half movies establishing and explaining Anakin's fall to the dark side, but people claim it was abrupt?

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

"Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and "became" Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed."

"Hmm. Much anger in him, like his father."

"His mind is twisted and evil."

"do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."

"The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. "

"Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!"

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you."

"I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're
dead, every single one of them...Not just the men, but the women and the children too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals... I hate them!"

"I will be the most powerful Jedi ever! I promise you, I will even
learn to stop people from dying."

"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."

"I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death."

"Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padme."

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2015, 14:54 Bodolza

Loving that TCM is now actually HD. I also watched one of the movies last night, but recorded the others.

To quote the wife, "Marx brothers are a lot funnier than I expected."

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2014, 13:31 Bodolza

That oak sticks kickstarter is a first class scam. Not because they don't work, but because the things have been available for many, many years.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 13, 2014, 12:51 Bodolza

That does not look promising. Besides the cheap look of the productions, I don't see much resemblance to the characters, either, and I'm not talking physically. Lots of over-acting, too.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 15:31 Bodolza

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:46:
Yet there are people who still insist that a UI that was designed for a single screen running at 800x600 is still the greatest thing ever.

I was running X-windows on multi-monitor 21" high-res displays in computer labs more than 20 years ago. There were plenty of tablets around then, too (although mostly pen based). There's more horsepower for prettier graphics, but the actual human-computer interface has changed very little over the past 30 years.

We ran xeyes for a reason.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 17:05 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:28:
meat and meat byproducts as they're not compostable

Yes, they are.

Seattle Compost Guidelines

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2014, 14:19 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 10:56:
So why doesn't Californy ban all violent media in that case?

For those not familiar, Marin County is politically controlled by old, rich hippies. Sort of the anti-Orange County.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 14:08 Bodolza

If you hadn't told me it was a different band, I would have assumed it was Best Coast. Almost exactly the same sound.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 17:14 Bodolza

I live in California and those prices are straight off of shop.safeway.com. Feel free to look them up yourself if you don't believe me. If I went to an Asian or Latino market, it'd be even less.

I'm also willing to admit it's entirely possible I'm spoiled by cheap produce here, but I didn't think the price differences would be that drastic around the country.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 14:09 Bodolza

PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:34:
I use a simple salsa recipe (roma tomato, green onion, garlic, salt, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce) that costs significantly more than simply buying a jar of Pace.

Some stuff, like ice cream or cheese, is cheaper to buy than make, but produce is cheap. These are the prices from my local store:

Pace:
$3.00 24 oz
$.125 per oz

Homemade salsa:
0.68 2 lb tomatoes
1.09 1 bundle green onions
0.10 1/2 head garlic
0.30 1/2 bundle cilantro
0.20 1 lime
0.20 2 jalapeno peppers

That's around $2.50 for about 40 oz of salsa, or $0.0625 an oz -- about half the price of Pace. You could use all organic ingredients and still come in a bit cheaper.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 17:02 Bodolza

Julio wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 16:37:
It's made it clear that 'game journalists' are for sale (either through sex or cash/goods)

Pardon me for barely paying attention to this issue, but is this actually news to anyone? Games journalism has been the pit of integrity for as long as I can remember. With rare exception, game reviews have always had a bad rep. For Christ's sake -- console companies had their own magazines in which they reviewed their own games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2014, 12:31 Bodolza

LittleMe wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 12:04:
All that said, the I still think issue has been blown well out of proportion.

I don't know about that, considering the future of human civilization is at stake, and that's not an exaggeration. Look at all the ways the Internet has transformed the world over the past 20 years. How this plays out will determine the shape of the internet.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 14:03 Bodolza

First, I turned off automatic updates for everything. When they forced Australis, I switched to Pale Moon. Now it's all good.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:27 Bodolza

I'm surprised they didn't call it rape. They would have gotten even more clicks.

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:46:
But their private sex life should be their private sex life.

Now meet reality. I expect my credit card number to be secure, but I've had to replace it twice this year due to hacks. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice about giving out my card info. They did.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 13:21 Bodolza

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:11:
His skin looks really bad....that color....is he wasted?

He's 83 years old. Give the man a break.

564 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo