Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 557 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2014, 13:31 Bodolza

That oak sticks kickstarter is a first class scam. Not because they don't work, but because the things have been available for many, many years.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 13, 2014, 12:51 Bodolza

That does not look promising. Besides the cheap look of the productions, I don't see much resemblance to the characters, either, and I'm not talking physically. Lots of over-acting, too.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 15:31 Bodolza

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:46:
Yet there are people who still insist that a UI that was designed for a single screen running at 800x600 is still the greatest thing ever.

I was running X-windows on multi-monitor 21" high-res displays in computer labs more than 20 years ago. There were plenty of tablets around then, too (although mostly pen based). There's more horsepower for prettier graphics, but the actual human-computer interface has changed very little over the past 30 years.

We ran xeyes for a reason.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 17:05 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:28:
meat and meat byproducts as they're not compostable

Yes, they are.

Seattle Compost Guidelines

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2014, 14:19 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 10:56:
So why doesn't Californy ban all violent media in that case?

For those not familiar, Marin County is politically controlled by old, rich hippies. Sort of the anti-Orange County.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 14:08 Bodolza

If you hadn't told me it was a different band, I would have assumed it was Best Coast. Almost exactly the same sound.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 17:14 Bodolza

I live in California and those prices are straight off of shop.safeway.com. Feel free to look them up yourself if you don't believe me. If I went to an Asian or Latino market, it'd be even less.

I'm also willing to admit it's entirely possible I'm spoiled by cheap produce here, but I didn't think the price differences would be that drastic around the country.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 14:09 Bodolza

PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:34:
I use a simple salsa recipe (roma tomato, green onion, garlic, salt, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce) that costs significantly more than simply buying a jar of Pace.

Some stuff, like ice cream or cheese, is cheaper to buy than make, but produce is cheap. These are the prices from my local store:

Pace:
$3.00 24 oz
$.125 per oz

Homemade salsa:
0.68 2 lb tomatoes
1.09 1 bundle green onions
0.10 1/2 head garlic
0.30 1/2 bundle cilantro
0.20 1 lime
0.20 2 jalapeno peppers

That's around $2.50 for about 40 oz of salsa, or $0.0625 an oz -- about half the price of Pace. You could use all organic ingredients and still come in a bit cheaper.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 17:02 Bodolza

Julio wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 16:37:
It's made it clear that 'game journalists' are for sale (either through sex or cash/goods)

Pardon me for barely paying attention to this issue, but is this actually news to anyone? Games journalism has been the pit of integrity for as long as I can remember. With rare exception, game reviews have always had a bad rep. For Christ's sake -- console companies had their own magazines in which they reviewed their own games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2014, 12:31 Bodolza

LittleMe wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 12:04:
All that said, the I still think issue has been blown well out of proportion.

I don't know about that, considering the future of human civilization is at stake, and that's not an exaggeration. Look at all the ways the Internet has transformed the world over the past 20 years. How this plays out will determine the shape of the internet.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 14:03 Bodolza

First, I turned off automatic updates for everything. When they forced Australis, I switched to Pale Moon. Now it's all good.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:27 Bodolza

I'm surprised they didn't call it rape. They would have gotten even more clicks.

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:46:
But their private sex life should be their private sex life.

Now meet reality. I expect my credit card number to be secure, but I've had to replace it twice this year due to hacks. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice about giving out my card info. They did.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 13:21 Bodolza

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:11:
His skin looks really bad....that color....is he wasted?

He's 83 years old. Give the man a break.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 15, 2014, 16:58 Bodolza

I got a Cardboard a couple days ago, and couldn't agree more. It's definitely got the "wow" factor. The quantity and quality of the apps is pretty low right now. Hopefully that picks up, but I expect the 3D haters are going to try their best to kill it.

Found this today, which I'll have to check out when I get home:

http://vr.chromeexperiments.com/#/desktop

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2014, 12:45 Bodolza

I'm calling bogus. There's no way "Streetfighter" or "Le Grande Belleza" is the most pirated movie in any state.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: How I Screwed Myself... Aug 8, 2014, 12:44 Bodolza

He's complaining about unqualified people for the HR Assistant/Front Office position. That's an entry level position. You shouldn't need much or any experience for that job, which makes it perfect for people trying to break into the industry.

And yes, the "mail room" effect still exists, and I see it all the time. You aren't making the executive team without your Ivy League degree, but it's still a good way to get your start.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 7, 2014, 12:46 Bodolza

The reason this myth exists is that people think (inaccurately) because light colored objects better reflect the sun's rays (and therefore much of the heat energy generated by absorbing that light) than dark objects, that this must mean the color relates to how well it conducts heat.

The problem is that this sentence is poorly constructed, so it's hard to tell if he/she is saying (a) people inaccurately think light colored objects better reflect the sun, or (b) that they inaccurately think colour affects heat emission because it affects absorption.

I think he/she is saying (b), which means we all basically agree with each other.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2014, 12:34 Bodolza

Reading through the filing, it looks like the Angry Birds lady has a pretty good case.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2014, 12:53 Bodolza

I was expecting it to use the display from a smartphone. What I didn't expect was for it to literally be the front face of a phone. I lol'd when I saw that picture.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: CIA admits it improperly accessed Senate computers. Aug 1, 2014, 12:49 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 23:00:
Keep voting for the bitch, California. Please.

Someone else might get the vote if the Republican party in California can put up a candidate that's not a joke, but I don't see much chance of that happening.

557 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo