Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2014, 12:25 Bodolza

He was a natural in front of camera, he put some real thought into his reviews, and I always felt like he was one of the very few games journalists with some actual integrity. Adam is the Siskel and Ebert of game reviewers. Sad to see him go.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 16:28 Bodolza

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 15:38:
Is there any streaming content that streams in DTS? Since it's larger than the others, I haven't seen it.

Most of the stuff I've ripped personally is stored in DTS. It's the most common multi-channel format on Blu-rays. It'd mostly affect people who want to stream from their own media servers.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 14:54 Bodolza

Nice price on that little box, but I see that DTS is conspicuously missing from the list of supported audio codecs. The bluetooth remote also makes it incompatible with the vast majority or universal remotes out there. Looks like I'm sticking with the HTPC for the time being.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 12:56 Bodolza

First of all, remember it cuts both ways if you're an exempt employee. They have to pay you the same amount whether or you work 60 hours in a week or 20. I had one job where they gave us a day off in exchange for being on call for a week. I almost never spent as much time responding to off-hours calls to make up for the day off.

Second, that headline is way misleading. The ministry only banned its own managers from contacting staff after hours. There's no law.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 12:44 Bodolza

I'm usually pretty "meh" on the honest trailers, but that one was actually funny. I guess it helps when they've got a lot more material to work with.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 12:49 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:46:
They really should do a digital version of Dr. Who Risk. That looks so sweet. Exterminate!

<nostalgia>http://www.johndaileysoftware.com/products/bbsdoors/globalwar/ </nostalgia>

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 12:47 Bodolza

I expect the t-shirts will go on sale in 4 days.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 13:49 Bodolza

Gopher-4-Life  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2014, 13:36 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 23:29:
But hey, keep voting for her, Californians!

I can guarantee you that her Republican opponent in the next election will be even more authoritarian.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 12:49 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 12:26:
Though it's definitely odd that the PS4 doesn't support 3D, 3D is pretty much a dead technology at this point, with manufacturers announcing they're no longer producing 3DTVs.

You're just a fount of bad information. The only manufacturer that's dropped 3D is Vizio, the bargain-basement company. Also, the PS4 supports 3D games (see Trine 2), they just aren't making it a major promotional point. Blu-ray support is currently missing, but Sony has promised it's coming.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 13:11 Bodolza

InBlack wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 09:50:
HFC on the other hand is nearly 100% fructose

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you should get it somewhere else, cause this is very wrong. The most common forms of HFCS are 55% fructose and 42%. So HFCS is either very close or has LESS fructose than regular sugar.

What you really want to stay away from is Agave syrup, which can be up to 90% fructose.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2014, 15:22 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 14:10:
You can just drive into a Nissan factory and they'll give you any parts you need and do the servicing for free, based on the one time fee you paid 15 years ago.

Wait, no, that isn't how it works at all.

If it's for a recall, yes they will.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 12:42 Bodolza

That's because the Rankin/Bass version cuts out all the boring parts of the book that Jackson left in.  

48. Re: DOOM is 20?!?!? Dec 10, 2013, 15:49 Bodolza

Time for my little DOOM story. I was in college at the time, and was actively following the development on Usenet. I knew exactly when the shareware version was going to be released, and our school had a screaming fast 64K internet connection. I remember logging into the FTP site and checking the directory listing over and over until it showed up. The actual download probably took around 5-10 minutes. I was playing within 30 minutes of it being released, so I figure I had to be one of the first people on the planet playing that version.

I got to play a beta build of DOOM 2 at a conference. It had miniature nuclear explosions when you fired a rocket.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
19. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 9, 2013, 12:21 Bodolza

Yes, everyone buy a little bitcoin, so the one's we currently own go up in value. Everybody wins. Buy, buy, buy. Don't believe what they say. It is in no way a pyramid scheme.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2013, 12:40 Bodolza

It's well over $200, but I have a Sony Xperia Z tablet, and I think it's pretty nice. It's got plenty of horsepower for what I use it for, which is mainly reading comics, and watching videos on the go, and some gaming. It's got native support for dual-shock controllers. Water-resistant is very handy for cleaning - I just run it under the faucet. Also full 1080p and has an SD card, which is essential for me on trips so I can load up movies and music.

I'm still surprised by how thin and light the thing is whenever I pick it up. No other device I've used makes me feel more like I'm living in a Star Trek episode.

All that said, I still hate typing on tablets, so I get out the laptop for any real work or web browsing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2013, 12:58 Bodolza

In case your not sure how politics works, when it comes to voting time, the choice will either be Feinstein, or the Republican candidate, who's always even more authoritarian.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 1, 2013, 12:45 Bodolza

Last time we flew, they made my wife turn power the off on her Nook e-ink reader. The thing literally uses no electricity when not changing pages. Just ridiculous.  

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC
11. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Oct 30, 2013, 15:52 Bodolza

LesCaster wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 15:19:
Does the newer version let you jump right in at any difficulty or do you still have to work your way up?

The new Riff Repeater lets you max the difficultly for the full song in one go.

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC
8. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Oct 30, 2013, 14:56 Bodolza

LesCaster,

Here's some video from 2014. Does this one look simple to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY7MHSnxvEU

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo