Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr Gar

Real Name Mr Gar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr Gar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 11:18
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 16701

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Update
17. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2003, 10:30 Mr Gar

"What in the heck are you talking about?"

Iodine deficiency during pregnancy and early infancy can result in cretinism (irreversible mental retardation and severe motor impairments).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2003, 09:39 Mr Gar

What in the name of fuck have they got to do with Steam. Never mind just stick with WON, and tell you mum to buy some Iodine tablets if she plans on having any more children.
This comment was edited on Nov 13, 09:39.

13. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2003, 06:59 Mr Gar

I played NS for hours last night through steam with no problems. Yes there have been massive teething fuckups, but I believe the worst of it is now over. Never having to worry about patching HL and it's mods again (when they get full steam support) sounds good to me.

News Comments > Contract J.A.C.K. Patch
3. Re: wow Nov 11, 2003, 09:15 Mr Gar

"Added the "Powered by GameSpy" logo to the Multiplayer join screen"

Thank fuck for that. When are developers going to start using ASE in games.

News Comments > SOLDNER Springs Back to Winter
14. Re: 32 player???? Nov 11, 2003, 09:11 Mr Gar

Mmmmm the grass. I loved DF2 on a LAN, it turned camping into an art form. All the DF games have been arse since. Joint Operations better not go the same way.

News Comments > SOLDNER Springs Back to Winter
12. 32 player???? Nov 11, 2003, 05:42 Mr Gar

32 players? I thought it was 64 at release and then a possible 128 player patch for dedicated servers. 32ís too little for the big ass map the games played on. Itís bad enough tribes 3 will be 32 player only:(

News Comments > Game Development + Mods
3. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2003, 05:47 Mr Gar

To practice, learn the levels and the weapons. As for playing counter strike at all, whatís the point?

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re:Xbox live Nov 8, 2003, 19:20 Mr Gar

You might want to not mention Planetside if youíre trying to highlight the greatness of PC gaming.

News Comments > New BF1942 Desert Combat
5. Re: Spamfest Nov 7, 2003, 11:39 Mr Gar

"Thats what this is, beta."

Fair enough. I keep downloading the new releases to give them a try. Sooner or later it will all gel together nicely and I'll end up hooked.

News Comments > New BF1942 Desert Combat
2. Re: Guh Nov 7, 2003, 10:52 Mr Gar

Amen. Something to encourage teamplay would be nice too, because it's still a big pointless spam fest. I suppose thatís just the way the BF1942 community is.
This comment was edited on Nov 7, 11:07.

News Comments > X≤: The Threat Gold
1. Non US release? Nov 5, 2003, 12:23 Mr Gar

Shame about the fucking pointless European delay.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
2. Re: Don't bother... Nov 4, 2003, 10:45 Mr Gar

Do you know any good sites for Mutators. I canít seem to find any sizeable collections other than on Fileplanet.

News Comments > H-L Project Timeless
1. No subject Nov 4, 2003, 10:40 Mr Gar

It looks quite good for a HL mod
http://project-timeless.serverforce.de/index.php?dir=&page=screens

Wonder how it plays.

News Comments > NASCAR Thunder 2004 Demo
1. Nascar Nov 4, 2003, 10:36 Mr Gar

Mmmmm circles.

News Comments > BF1942 Forgotten Hope Fix
3. Nice Nov 3, 2003, 14:01 Mr Gar

" new skins and models courtesy of the Merciless Creations and Pacific Shores teams."

Wicked! Good to see different mod teams working together, especially the excellent Merciless guys. Canít wait for the next version.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 16:30.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. NOD 32 Oct 31, 2003, 11:36 Mr Gar

NOD32 http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm has a better detection rate according to Virus Bulletin http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml and it uses less resources. Donít fall for the Norton PR, there are plenty of alternatives.

News Comments > etc.
1. Counter-Strike bad for TV Ratings Oct 31, 2003, 11:04 Mr Gar

Good. It's about time people realised playing games is just as valid a way to entertain yourself as watching TV and often requires more brain power.

All we need now is more in game advertising deals so MMOs can be free (Like any advertising profits will translate into savings for us poor gamers :()

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Patch
39. SHIT Netcode . Oct 31, 2003, 04:59 Mr Gar

BF1942 takes up large amounts of bandwidth transmitting all the information in-game.

Does BF1942 just have shit netcode then? Because I would have thought there's just as much info being transmitted in a Tribes 2 game (if not more) and 60 man servers run silky smooth without chat lag. Even when I had 56k 40 man servers were playable in Tribes 2.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 05:07.

News Comments > UT2004 in 2004
12. re: XMP Oct 30, 2003, 15:05 Mr Gar

Thereís no chance of them releasing a free add-on to steal the thunder from UT2004. Donít expect XMP any time soon:(

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 15:21.

News Comments > Chat Logs
1. Halo Oct 30, 2003, 11:16 Mr Gar

Why did you take out the co-operative play in the PC version? Do you have any intention of re-implementing it in a future patch?

BNG_mbastien: Ah, the question of all questions. The Xbox version of the game supported the now very famous split-screen co-op, but didn't support it across system link play. Weíve spent much energy bringing the Halo multiplayer experience to the Internet, and I think we now have a very solid basis for the community to build on. With the upcoming release of the Halo Editing Kit, weíre looking forward to playing the new experiences you guys will create. While weíre looking at what would be involved with implementing this in a future update, gamers who are thinking about getting Halo should make their decisions based on the current feature set.

Well that's one way to not answer the fucking question you cretins. Why not stick with " Because we can't code for shit" in future.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo