Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr Gar

Real Name Mr Gar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr Gar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 11:18
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 16701

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dear Diaries
2. Re: doubts Jul 6, 2004, 04:35 Mr Gar

I think it's going to kick ass. Apart from the engine it's a completely different concept to Republic so I see no reason why it can't be great. Should keep me going until Dungeon Keeper 3 arrives……. if it ever does

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TrackMania Sunrise Announced
11. Re: sounds interesting Jul 3, 2004, 11:01 Mr Gar

www.crashday.com is more similar to good old Stunts than trackmania

I've got my eye on Crashday, but the only news I ever hear about it is that it's been delayed another 6 months The one video they've released of an old build looks mighty cool though.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - StarShatter
3. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2004, 11:50 Mr Gar

Crusty.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Deer Hunter Beta? Jul 1, 2004, 11:53 Mr Gar

It'll look great on your beta testing CV

News Comments > Rapid Gunner Trial
2. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2004, 15:55 Mr Gar

A simulation of a simulation

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Soldiers: Heroes of WW2
4. Re: eh? Jun 29, 2004, 11:13 Mr Gar

and what hell codemaster doing with operation flashpoint II?

Winter 2004 allegedly.

http://www.codemasters.com/releasedates/releasedates-EnglishUK.php

News Comments > Dawn of War Beta Sign-ups
7. Re: exclusives ;/ Jun 29, 2004, 10:58 Mr Gar

My mistake, paying to beta is clearly reasonable and the way forward

News Comments > Counter-Strike Updates
2. Re: CS Phased Out Jun 29, 2004, 10:51 Mr Gar

Counter-Strike phased out by the end of the summer

I wish

News Comments > Dawn of War Beta Sign-ups
4. Re: exclusives ;/ Jun 29, 2004, 05:50 Mr Gar

I think the first phase is for paying Fileplanet subscribers only. No idea why they think this is a good idea, maybe THQ are incapable of hosting their own beta files so did a deal with Fileplanet.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=28466
This comment was edited on Jun 29, 05:53.

News Comments > Unofficial Freelancer Patch
6. Re: Holy Wow Jun 28, 2004, 12:11 Mr Gar

Thanks for the www.starshatter.com link. I'd never heard of the game, am going to download the demo and have a look

News Comments > America's Army SitRep
14. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2004, 17:00 Mr Gar

And that handful of that did take part was it because something the United States Army did to make them act that way

That's the point. The whitehouse would have you believe it's just a few badly supervised rednecks. Unfortunately it was the accepted interrogation method and their superiors had full knowledge of what they were doing, because they ordered it.

Just check out the internal memos floating about stating that President George W Bush was not bound by laws banning the use of torture. You know, the ones John Ashcroft refuses to turn over.

News Comments > Ground Control Free
3. Re: Fun game Jun 26, 2004, 17:41 Mr Gar

If they want to give it away for free why make people jump through hoops on a single congested site? These exclusives make no sense from a publisher's point of view. If they want people to play the game just let anyone mirror it.

News Comments > Joint Operations Patch
19. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2004, 05:36 Mr Gar

I worry for the future of PC games when devs aren't able to meet the challenge of making their games run on all possible configurations.

It's just crap engines. Far cry runs brilliantly looks gorgeous and scales really well for older systems. BF1942 engine was put together by blind monkeys.

News Comments > Game Movies
7. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2004, 10:28 Mr Gar

Wish the voiceover guy was less hyperactive.

News Comments > Kreed Demo
2. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2004, 11:24 Mr Gar

Are there non shit Christian rock bands?

News Comments > On the DOOM 3 Date
51. Re: rocket ship Jun 23, 2004, 10:37 Mr Gar

"How can you possibly compare a fucking CONSOLE FPS with a real PC FPS? Seriously, are you insane?
If you think a console FPS compares with a PC FPS, you must be nearly blind, first of all. Yeah, jaggy low-framerate 16bit graphics at the lowest resolution possible in 2004 (a TV) versus state of the art, antialiased, high resolution, ultra smooth perfection on a real screen. Important for when you want to actually be able to make out what lies at more than 30 feet away from you, at least.
And then there's the worst offender: the freaking gamepad. The gamepad is going to kill the FPS genre altogether at some point. Playing a FPS with a gamepad can only be compared with driving a ferrari with an Atari joystick, or flying a real F14 with a keyboard. Period.

And BTW, I do own an Xbox and I do have Riddick. Good graphics and good game, for a *CONSOLE*. But the shittiest modern FPS shooter I have on my PC makes Riddick look and play like a gameboy. I just wish consoles would stick to what they do well - NOT FPSs, for one. "

Eloquently put my dear fellow, couldn’t agree more

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SÖLDNER: Secret Wars
25. Re: Foresight Jun 23, 2004, 10:24 Mr Gar

And the game was originally designed for 3rd person. They put in 1st person at commmunity request. That's why it feels weird.

Yeah I heard that too. Whatever the reason it’s now in the game so it should work. Why they'd want to make it 3rd person only I have no idea. The camera's so messed up it's even harder to fire indoors out of a window for instance in third person. Again, Flashpoint managed both views so there’s no excuse

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 10:24.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SÖLDNER: Secret Wars
23. Re: .... Jun 23, 2004, 10:04 Mr Gar

Biggest problem for me was the first person view, movement and weapons feeling incredibly awkward, clumsy, cumbersome and damn right shonky. I can play Half Life and Unreal games smoother with my feet.

The vehicles feel rubbish too, barely interacting with the ground with no proper momentum and set off violent explosions by just tapping the buildings at very low speeds. The spawn map interface, and game in general for that matter, looks like it’s been scaled up from 320 x 200, and the colours all clash.

Considering how superior Flashpoint was 3 years ago, and its sequel is according to Codemasters (http://www.gamegossip.com//comment.php?id=8328 ) going to be out before then end of the year I’d say Soldner’s sadly ( I really wanted to like it ) doomed.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Cancelled
20. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 14:33 Mr Gar

"we do NOT need yet another swords and sorcery game. "

So true. I wish someone with a clue would develop a proper MMO FPS. Just because Planetside sucks ass doesn't mean a good one can't be done.

News Comments > Darwinia Beta
3. Re: yyyyeah.... Jun 21, 2004, 13:05 Mr Gar

Hey, all the best Key Gens come with Gay 80's Synthesizer music.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo