Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr Gar

Real Name Mr Gar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr Gar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 11:18
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 16701

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Brothers in Arms Delayed
9. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2004, 11:25 Mr Gar

This Gearbox thread might have been enlightening 3 months ago http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=166013&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brothers in Arms Delayed
5. Re: HL2 Jul 30, 2004, 10:51 Mr Gar

I thought BIA used the Unreal engine.

News Comments > BF Vietnam Patch
17. Re: Cool. Jul 29, 2004, 06:06 Mr Gar

If you like clunky, cardboard-like shooters.

You know I've spent ages trying to think of a way to convey how wrong Joint Ops feels, and "cardboard-like" does it perfectly

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Imminent?
83. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2004, 06:01 Mr Gar

On a different note. I see tons of people shouting about moids this mods that for the new source engine because it is half life 2. They fail to realize why there were so many mods for the first half life was the fact that hundreds of mod makers were so used to it from being Quake 2 based. Thus the easy transition.

Just because it says Half Life on the box does not mean their engine will be easy mod accessable. Nor does it guarantee a fast SDK. We heard the same mutter about Far Cry and well that is dieing real fast as far as mod talk.

Don't scare me, I love my mods (Dreams of Natural Selection on HL2) Although as you said we all had high hopes for Far Cry and bugger all's happened so far

News Comments > Half-Life Hitbox Follow-up
4. Re: ... Jul 28, 2004, 11:38 Mr Gar

Many 1000s of people including me still play mods based on HL and will be very happy to hear this fix is coming out.

Steam and similar systems are the future of game distribution so get used to it.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 11:39.

News Comments > MoH: Pacific Assault Demo Status
15. Re: Meh.... Jul 27, 2004, 14:47 Mr Gar

Yeah crazy, huh? Imagine a company that tries to turn a profit out of products that have done well for it historically. The nerve of these businesses!

Yeah crazy, huh? Imagine gamers being skeptical when they've tried some of the previous sequels/expansions for games that have done well and found out they were mostly rancid badly made cash-ins. The nerve of some customers.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Gets Creative
18. Re: LOL Jul 26, 2004, 11:23 Mr Gar

"This seems to be Creative's attempt to regain relevance with regard to Doom3 and all the games that will be based on that engine."

I can't wait to see how good the Doom 3 sound really is without an expensive sound card. Would be great if the days of Creative domination were over, although this partnership with ID doesn't bode well for that.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Gets Creative
10. Re: LOL Jul 26, 2004, 11:02 Mr Gar

Iím sure I read somewhere about the sound quality being independent of the quality of your soundcard in Doom 3 because of some new method ID were using, or did I dream that up whilst bored at work?

News Comments > Half-Life Hitbox Bug
53. Re: Doom3 Hit detection Jul 26, 2004, 09:50 Mr Gar

Shouldn't that be Per Polygon?

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 09:53.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks
48. Re: five by five Jul 22, 2004, 09:44 Mr Gar

Doubt I will buy nvidia product ever again after that GF3 fiasco.

What GF3 fiasco? My GF3Ti200 was an excellent card. Better than the whole GF4mx range, I definitely got my money's worth with that one.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
1. . Jul 21, 2004, 12:13 Mr Gar

NA
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 12:27.

News Comments > RtCW Sequel!
41. Re: Regarding the Supernatural Jul 19, 2004, 09:19 Mr Gar

My God, the ignorance of people astounds me!

The irony of that statement amuses me

News Comments > DOOM 3 Mac, Linux, and Demo Details
21. Re: nah.. Jul 15, 2004, 12:12 Mr Gar

Some people just crack me up with thier supposed 'standards'.

I know what Space Captain means though. I love my multiplayer, and I've never finished a single player FPS because the AI's just not as much fun to play against as humans. The stories are invariably shit, and sooner or later the open door, clear room, collect ammo, repeat gameplay just wears thin.

Iíll give most games the benefit of the doubt though, so I hope the Doom 3 demo proves me wrong.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: i wants it Jul 15, 2004, 11:11 Mr Gar

I know how you feel. I can't make up my mind if I'm excited or scared though. I suppose the upcoming open beta will answer all.

News Comments > DOOM 3 - Client/Server Yes, DVD No
36. Re: Jul 15, 2004, 07:07 Mr Gar

I'd read somewhere (sorry, no concrete references) that the 4-player limit was simply a gameplay decision, as opposed to an engine limitation.

It's an engine limitation. Just like it was with Halo PC and will be with Tribes Vengeance. Gameplay consideration my arse.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Weep for Fallout Jul 13, 2004, 10:46 Mr Gar

I'm more worried about it being castrated by cross platform development than the introduction of First Person gameplay. I agree more FP-RPG goodness is needed, just think of the immersion baby

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: Those Valve Sh*theads Jul 12, 2004, 11:21 Mr Gar

I agree. The delay has set back loads of mods, but the Far Cry guys are fucking about delaying their SDK too so itís stagnation all round. Hopefully the mod makers have taken the opportunity to come up with something other than more awful Counter Strike clones.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 11:22.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: $29 Billion?! Jul 8, 2004, 10:48 Mr Gar

And the Software industryís loss is another industryís gain. The money just gets spent elsewhere in the economy.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Plans
33. Re: Same old same old. Jul 8, 2004, 06:01 Mr Gar

I donít mind them re-doing Counter Strike, it makes sense as for some reason 10s of 1000s of people still play it. I was just hoping for an original multiplayer game to be included with HL2. A kick ass team play one with vehicles. Iím sure modders will come up with some cool stuff, as long as itís not more fucking awful Counter Strike Clones.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 06:02.

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re: Real-time or Pre-Rendered? Jul 7, 2004, 12:06 Mr Gar

When Real-time gets to a certain point you don't need Pre-rendered stuff. That certain point is very low. It's so much more immersive staying in the game engine.

I'm playing through Grim Fandango at the moment which has a very capable engine, but for some reason they keep jumping to pre-rendered stuff for the cut scenes and it's really annoying.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo