Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr Gar

Real Name Mr Gar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr Gar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 11:18
Total Comments 504 (Apprentice)
User ID 16701

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Mod Squads
3. Re: Starsiege Update Next Week Too Aug 27, 2004, 10:09 Mr Gar

Starsiege 2845 sounds amazing

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tribesvengeance/media.html

"Starsiege 2845 has a feature list that approaches that of a full-fledged game. There will be a single-player campaign with more than 20 missions, as well as a multiplayer mode that supports 32 players on maps as large as 100 square kilometers in size. You'll have three main characters--in addition to four distinctly different factions--that you can play, and there are multiple endings that can be experienced depending on how you progress through the campaign. Starsiege 2845 will allow you to either pilot a Herc--the giant mechs in the game--or you can run around the world as an infantryman. This should create some terrifying moments when you see a 50-foot Herc lumbering toward you. You'll need to create a combined-arms force of hercs and infantry, because certain levels will require infantry to storm into a building while hercs secure the perimeter outside."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Help Wanted
2. Re: Quality Assurance Game Tester? Aug 26, 2004, 12:22 Mr Gar

I wish they’d hired some sooner.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 12:22.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Hmmm Aug 25, 2004, 17:18 Mr Gar

They are just scewing over their players. More then twice as many people with steam are using nvidia cards as ATI cards

People keep saying this but most of those cards are old GF2 GF4 cards. When it comes to DX9 cards more people have ATI.

News Comments > Stronghold 2 Announced
2. Re: Looks Good Aug 24, 2004, 12:11 Mr Gar

Great news. I loved Stroghold even though there were dozens of little annoyances, there better be a beta I can get into. “Hope they like beef!”

News Comments > Steam Update
20. Re: What I want to know is.. #6, 7, & 8 Aug 23, 2004, 05:44 Mr Gar

"Likewise, note that Valve is aiming to sell the Source (and other engines) to other developers. Valve has already stated that it will discount the Source engine if the companies use Steam. Why is that? Does Valve just want to be nice and help the developers out? Heck no! The more people that use Steam, the more power and control that Valve has. Each new person that uses Steam is one more user closer to having Steam becoming the standard. "

Pirates of the Burning Sea is going to use steam for its updates. Steam started out buggy because it was ahead of its time but I can see it and similar systems being the future. Especially with Microsoft's XNA on the way.

"In response to strong customer demand, Xbox Live development tools for functionality such as billing, security, login, friends and matchmaking will be made available to Windows developers. The tools will make it easier to create the same social, unified online gaming experiences on Windows that game players have come to expect on Xbox. " http://techzone.pcvsconsole.com/news.php?tzd=2393

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Steam Preloads
40. Re: HL2 Aug 19, 2004, 15:44 Mr Gar

That was until steam was released and they realized that more then 70% of users were using nvidia cards.

Not the high end users. Most of the Nvidia ones were GeForce4 MX/Ti GeForce2 MX, and GeForce FX 5200. Way more people had ATI 9700/9800 than the equivalent Nvidia 5800/5900.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Steam Preloads
12. Re: On a side note... Aug 19, 2004, 12:05 Mr Gar

I got some surprising results from the Source engine benchmark they included yesterday. An average of 70 fps @ 1024x768 (highest details, no AA or AF) on a mediocre machine. (AMD 2600, 9700 pro)
It doesn't look like an upgrade is necessary at all

Good to hear as I'm planning to squeeze 6 more months out of my 9700pro. How much ram have you got?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. Epic Aug 19, 2004, 05:47 Mr Gar

You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know, You know, you know,
And I love the CS McDonalds analogy, they're both nasty shit people with no taste enjoy

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 05:54.

News Comments > BF: Vietnam WW2 Mod Friday
18. Re: Joint Ops Rocks Aug 18, 2004, 16:19 Mr Gar

Joint Ops is a smelly clunky mess, but I don't enjoy BF:V much either because of that horrible “run around randomly capturing spawn point till the tickets run out” game mode. Where are the objective maps? It doesn't need a WW2 re-skin it needs a new game mode.

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance Open Beta Soon?
8. Re: Don't expect many changes Aug 18, 2004, 11:26 Mr Gar

Don't expect any game changes. Just minor bug fixes

Well at least the UT engine will be beautifully moddable, so I'm sure any bits people feel are missing will be added soon enough.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: BF2 Aug 17, 2004, 14:10 Mr Gar

I hear ya, but if it's a slow month I'll probably cave in and impulse buy.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movie
70. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2004, 06:36 Mr Gar

You might want to reconsider that statement. Doom 3 looks no better than Quake 2 without Specular and Bump Mapping.

That second screenshot has a certain charm to it though. From an age where everything wasn’t buffed up with an industrial polisher to be dazzlingly shinny.

News Comments > Evil Genius Date
4. Re: Excellent Aug 13, 2004, 12:06 Mr Gar

Can't wait for this one. The DK vibe mixed with 60s camp should kick ass

News Comments > Steam Update
6. Re: What is CZ Aug 12, 2004, 12:08 Mr Gar

Death to Steam.

Long Live Steam! When are they going to announce the Steam HL2 pre-order price? Hope it undercuts my £25 pre-order.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Begins
39. Re: No subject Aug 12, 2004, 07:58 Mr Gar

CS was good up to 0.5 or so.

I liked it best when it was just an idea in the developer's head, anything past version .000000001 sucked major ass.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 07:59.

News Comments > Xpand Rally SP Demo
5. Re: Another mirror Aug 9, 2004, 09:03 Mr Gar

How big's the file? Try submitting it to http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html chances are it's a false positive from F-Secure's heuristics.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Date Update
2. Shitbox Aug 6, 2004, 10:08 Mr Gar

It would get here a whole lot quicker if they weren't working on that abomination of a console conversion of the first Flashpoint. What a treat that'll be with a gamepad and generous helpings of auto-aim

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 10:08.

News Comments > Making of DOOM 3
37. Re: Good luck... Aug 3, 2004, 09:27 Mr Gar

NA

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 10:11.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Movies
3. Re: view perspective question Aug 3, 2004, 05:18 Mr Gar

They might have separate teams working on the PC and console versions but the PC one still looks dated and consoletastic. I hope it plays well.

News Comments > Far Cry SDK
19. Re: Too late.. Aug 2, 2004, 17:26 Mr Gar

I can't imagine there being an audience for any multiplayer mods for this game, single player shined but multiplayer fell short in many ways. At any rate I doubt people would waste the space of keeping this game installed on the pretense that there may be a mod/patch to revive multiplayer on it.

There are 900 people playing Far Cry Online at the moment so It's hardly as dead as you make it out to be online.

504 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo