Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 21, 2010, 16:19 zirik

Dev wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 13:35:
That author and the commenters apparently didn't bother reading gizmodo. The finder TRIED to return the phone to apple by calling all the apple numbers he could find, they ignored him. If apple's customer support was worth much, they would have contacted him and got the phone. Instead they ignored him and the rest happened. How can something be considered stolen if the guy tried to return it and was brushed off?

the guy could have simply called the number of the owner which is clearly in the text and email messages found on the phone. yet he simply shopped the gadget to the highest bidder. i hope he goes to jail for theft.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
31. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 16:14 zirik

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 11:40:
No AA. Ugly, smooth, shiny everything. Bad physics. Game devs: Please stop using this annoying, crappy engine.

you described gears of war!

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
30. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 16:11 zirik

cant wait for the next KILLCREEK to show up in front of romeros office. we need another slut dev. one that will be listed as another upcoming legend in gaming history by pc gamer magazine. lol.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 20, 2010, 19:43 zirik

slow news day at kotaku. ebert is filler.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2010, 12:21 zirik

Caveman wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 10:29:
Speaking of Kotaku, I found this article pretty funny:
http://kotaku.com/5520100/what-gets-you-banned-from-xbox-live-until-the-year-9999

now that might be considered an art. the kid was exploring ways to express himself!

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2010, 04:38 zirik

She begins by saying video games "already ARE art." Yet she concedes that I was correct when I wrote, "No one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a game worthy of comparison with the great poets, filmmakers, novelists and poets." To which I could have added painters, composers, and so on, but my point is clear.

Do they require validation? In defending their gaming against parents, spouses, children, partners, co-workers or other critics, do they want to be able to look up from the screen and explain, "I'm studying a great form of art?" Then let them say it, if it makes them happy.

i think ebert is saying that video games cannot be compared to and classified as great works of art in the same category as a michael angelo or a da vinci. in that regard i agree with him. he already mentions near the end of his article but is simply ignored by his critics because of his lack of consistency in using it throughout his argument.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2010, 05:13.

News Comments > Get Well Soon Tom Hall
16. Re: Get Well Soon Tom Hall Apr 16, 2010, 07:55 zirik

tom must have loved red meat with all the trimmings. it sucks to have a new healthy diet but the alternative is not appetizing. hoping for a full recovery.  

News Comments > David Allen vs Derek Smart
75. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 16, 2010, 07:49 zirik

i hope derek keeps us up-to-date on the proceedings of the case. its amusing how some people think they can get away with anything especially against their former employer. burning bridges is not a good career move.  

69. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 16, 2010, 00:14 zirik

i leave blues for a few hours and this is what happens. my post gets deleted and smart comes back. must be a bad omen.

oh and btw, i didnt mind if my post was deleted. i dont think blues is a place where labor disputes should be discussed publicly. thats why i made sure none of the email parts were quoted in my post.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2010, 02:14.

24. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 15, 2010, 05:16 zirik

i just read parts of dereks response to one of the former employees of QOL. it seems three scumbags met their match with derek. i am siding with derek on this fight. david, jason and mathew are in for a big hurt when their former employer/investors fight back with a lawsuit.  

23. removed Apr 15, 2010, 04:57 zirik

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 15, 2010, 20:29.

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures
41. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 15, 2010, 04:41 zirik

^Drag0n^ wrote on Apr 15, 2010, 00:42:
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the bonus payouts were to occur on or near April 1 in one of the news pieces linked on Blue's. That was arounfd the time i made the remark about being surprised if there was an exodus...it didn't occur immediately. I forgot to account for the normal "2-week notice" which rolled around the beginning of this week.

that makes sense. maybe the IW employees did get their bonuses before leaving the company. i hope none of the guys signed anything on the exit interview that pertains to the lawsuit.

34. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 14, 2010, 22:41 zirik

Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2010, 17:08:
How do you know they haven't? It's not something that is generally public knowledge. How do we know West and Zampalla haven't paid some of these people out of their own pocket to speed up their move to the new company?

because part of the lawsuit filed against activision was that they were hiding the total profit from sales of MW2 from IW. hence they did not get the full potential of the profit sharing promised to them by the contract.

and maybe im wrong but if all these employees wanted a piece of a bigger pie that will result from the lawsuit i would leave the company and join in the litigation. accepting the smaller amount now might mean they cannot ask for more if IW prevails in the lawsuit against activision.

7. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 14, 2010, 22:29 zirik

its the "i want my mommy cuz smart said something not nice about me" lawsuit. has david allen been living under a rock all these years? smart alienates everyone with his words.  

21. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 14, 2010, 15:37 zirik

the mass resignation means these employees will never get their profit sharing. activision must have put the profit sharing on hold indefinitely while they fight a lawsuit from the two head honcho who left infinity ward. i sense class action lawsuit after the dust settles for activision.  

News Comments > Bruckheimer on Movie Games and Game Movies
5. Re: Bruckheimer on Movie Games and Game Movies Apr 14, 2010, 05:18 zirik

He reminds me, in a different way, of what we did with Nick Cage before The Rock.

He'd done Leaving Las Vegas and all these quirky movies like Raising Arizona, but we took him, worked his ass off, and built him up physically. Jake did the same thing. Both got in fantastic shape and turned into big adventure stars.

didnt they work jake's ass in brokeback mountain which turned him into a fairy?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Splinter Cell Activity Book for Kids Apr 13, 2010, 15:05 zirik

ah how nice. they made something special for kids who are a fan of the game. so how did they sell the teen rated game to kids?

EDIT: was it an april fools?

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2010, 15:15.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Details
10. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Details Apr 13, 2010, 09:03 zirik

the skyrocketing cost of game development for the sake of graphical wow factor is starting to show its ugly head. with a 5 hour game play it seems they cut content in order to maintain eye candy and stay within budget.  

News Comments > Akamai Network Video Deals
10. Re: Akamai Network Video Deals Apr 12, 2010, 17:26 zirik

maybe akamai is trying to build their public image to start providing service directly to the consumer. i hope they use silverlight instead of flash. anyone remember the beijing olympics? nbc started with silverlight then switched to flash. the difference was huge. flash could not handle HD on demand video.  

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Apr 12, 2010, 05:13 zirik

If these taxpayer-funded networks siphon off customers with lower prices, private companies warn that they could be less likely to upgrade their own lines, endangering jobs and undermining the goals of the stimulus plan.

as if the likes of verizon and comcast isnt already outsourcing jobs and halting plans to upgrade. they are afraid to lower their overpriced unlimited internet which actually have a download cap.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo