Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
32. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 12, 2011, 22:02 zirik

yuastnav wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 11:03:
So, Carmack's still in his midlife crisis?

i thought he sold off his collection of ferraris to fund his rocketships.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Revealed
13. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 12, 2011, 21:59 zirik

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 21:01:
The first one had a great first hour, aka the demo area. Once you passed that you had pretty much seen and experienced everything the game had to offer.

yeah, i like watching the official trailer of prey. the dialogue was edited better than the game. but they showed everything including a hint at how the game ends. but likewise, i enjoyed the demo part. right before everything goes into low earth orbit and the vomit inducing wall climbing. i do hope they get george noory back to do the radio station chatter about UFOs.

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support
14. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support Mar 11, 2011, 08:06 zirik

bigspender wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 06:54:
the only reason people want LAN support is cause you are going to torrent the game.

its an online multiplayer game isn't it ?

its popular on internet cafes. they tend to use LAN games to attract clans for practice match. also heard of LAN parties?

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2011, 08:11.

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support
13. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support Mar 11, 2011, 08:02 zirik

Arithon wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 03:50:
No LAN support, no commander, only four classes, but as long as it supports the pointless 3D fad, well that's all right then...

did they at least retain the squads? the commander position is gonna be missed but there have been times when i wish it did not exist at all because of people sitting on the position just to pump up their stats without a care if the team wins or loses. i also hope they dont copy that awful commander briefcase in the middle of the map crap of bf2 modern combat for the consoles. everyone rushes for it and quickly becomes the focus of the game.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2011, 18:44.

News Comments > Forsaken World Launches
1. Re: Forsaken World Launches Mar 11, 2011, 07:54 zirik

dammit. i always read the headline for this game as FORESKIN world.  

News Comments > Garry's Mod and Kinect
3. Re: Garry's Mod and Kinect Mar 10, 2011, 21:41 zirik

most of what people have done with gary's mod is to play with alyx and turn her into a sex object. it can get funny at times but this kinect hack will bring that to a new level. might well be the poor mans mocap.  

News Comments > EA: PC Gaming May Become Their "Biggest Platform"
29. Re: EA: PC Gaming May Become Their "Biggest Platform" Mar 9, 2011, 14:22 zirik

suggesting their appreciation of the platform is rebounding

that is until the next generation console comes out.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
31. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 9, 2011, 09:30 zirik

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2011, 09:07:
Actually I would say that the pronounciation comes from the word "own". As in: I owned your ass -> I pwned your ass.

thats my understanding of leetspeak. they like to replace certain letters with numbers that have a similar shape. even if it looks inverted. leet becomes l33t. likewise some letters are also replaced by characters close to it on the keyboard or in the sequence of the alphabet order. so instead of 'own' it became 'pwn'.

News Comments > Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch
18. Re: Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch Mar 8, 2011, 12:39 zirik

it now says insert coin to begin.  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers
16. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 6, 2011, 04:18 zirik

Jerykk wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 00:21:
CGI footage rarely matches in-game assets because 1) CGI footage is almost always outsourced and 2) In-game assets use polygons while CGI uses raytracing. This has been the case ever since CGI was created so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.

dont they outsource the CGI footage and use it as the target for how the in-game graphics will look? amount of detail will obviously not match pre-rendered but the character design should bear some resemblance. that is what people are complaining about here.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2011, 03:02 zirik

its not so much as govt controlling peoples lives but only to level the playing field. what kind of innovation would come about if at&t and other telco has their way in restricting what type of traffic goes through their networks. your netflix and skype will cease to exist if they cant give good service on a tiered network.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patch
5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patch Mar 4, 2011, 17:52 zirik

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 13:41:
I just learnt all about this game that I missed out on. Totally going to buy all 3 games. Should I get them on the PC, or on PS3? I think IL-2:Brids of Prey & upcoming Cliffs of Dover are only available for consoles anyway? I'm a tad confused.

your best bet would be to get il-2 1946 since it contains all the il-2 games to date. 5 games to be exact. dont bother looking for it on the PS3 since they never released it on consoles.

News Comments > Battle: Los Angeles Announced
11. Re: Battle: Los Angeles Announced Mar 4, 2011, 12:35 zirik

is the movie this game is based on a product of that youtube guy from south america? the one where he did an alien invasion sci-fi.  

News Comments > Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You
36. Re: Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You Mar 4, 2011, 12:30 zirik

im still waiting for romero to redeem himself. he has not done anything as successful and influential as quake. his time at eidos was spent wasting investors money by hiring prima donnas who could not deliver a finished product. so yeah, his reputation is still questionable to many people. and to those who say id software was never the same after the release of quake. yes they were never the same company because a lot of people left id software at the same time. so you can never say it was only romero who caused the change at id software.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. USAF X-37B Mar 4, 2011, 12:09 zirik

its not so secret when we know about it. the only long term experiment worth while for the USAF is storage of nuclear materials. im guessing they are trying to find out how to slow down decay in zero gravity.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. GOP net neutered Mar 4, 2011, 12:03 zirik

ah yes. its better to hand over control of the internet to a few for profit corporations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2011, 14:18 zirik

anyone born after the 70s would not get the batman joke. i loled.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million
12. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million Feb 17, 2011, 13:19 zirik

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 11:51:
City Interactive mostly does PC games though, this was their first big console release that I know of.

theyve been doing a lot of hunting and arcade gallery type shooting games for the nintendo wii.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Demo March 1
26. Re: Crysis 2 Demo March 1 Feb 16, 2011, 21:53 zirik

anyone seen the videos on youtube of the leaked "PC" version of the game? they all have the control keys based on the xbox 360 pad. i hope they fixed it on the final version. it would be sad if the game is biased towards joypads instead of mouse and keyboard for the PC version.

UPDATE: after watching more videos it made me wonder if there are multiple sources of the leaked files. some videos show the xbox control setup when activating in-game menus and others show generic keyboard setup. the game probably supports both.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2011, 06:22.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Demo March 1
20. Re: Crysis 2 Demo March 1 Feb 16, 2011, 16:47 zirik

DangerDog wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 13:25:
I suspect there's going to be a bunch of other complaints such as too low of a FOV setting, mostly if they lock out being able to change it - first thing you'll want to do is set cl_fov=90 in your system.cfg file, I think it defaults to 55.

holy crap FOV@55?! even quake 3 had better default settings. they must be trying to lower system requirements by not drawing as much and as far on the screen. no wonder it runs on consoles.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo