Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 Patch
4. Re: Crysis 2 Patch Apr 27, 2011, 13:34 zirik

well they still have not fixed the problem of unlock tokens not remembering that they have already been used. i keep getting the star icons next to weapons i already unlocked. and that damn digital skin for the preorder version doesnt stick. it keeps getting disabled after i quit the game. i have to unlock it every freakin time i go on multiplayer!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2011, 08:51 zirik

other businesses that experienced the same technical breach have offered free credit check and security monitoring of personal data to avoid class action lawsuits. of course the best advice for consumers if they are offered such services by sony is to decline them because acceptance would mean you lose the right to sue for damages as a result of the theft of personal data.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2011, 08:59.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Commentary Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Commentary Trailer Apr 24, 2011, 10:48 zirik

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 18:06:
Scripted events are part of gaming and have been since at least the first Doom Monster closet.

not to the level that devs have been using on recent titles. the load times and interactivity in games have suffered because of cut scenes and scripted events.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 19, 2011, 12:23 zirik

japan embraces the motto "once you go black you never go back."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2011, 12:22 zirik

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 11:40:
Heh. When I first read that, my brain said "Microsoft urges SCOTUS to make PARENTS easier to kill."

Creston

heh... im still trying to get over the other headline i always misread. FISTFUL OF FAGS. fags? oh frags... lol.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2011, 13:14 zirik

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 10:36:
What is the Emancipation date? I don't listen to hip-hop

here i was thinking uncle sam was playing nice. it turns out they needed to take another holiday. congress will probably take another week off for this one. just like they did during presidents day. who says govt needs a budget crisis to shut down.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Comcast Download Cap Apr 15, 2011, 13:08 zirik

Prez wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 11:08:
Are there ANY providers who don't have caps?

if you live in california a majority of providers dont have caps because of competition. time warner who has caps in other markets have so far refused to implement a cap in california for fear of losing customers to fios or dsl. if youre like me who have no other choice but comcast then we are screwed. i have exceeded the 250gb cap multiple times and so far have not received a warning... yet. the ones that do get warnings from comcast go over by hundreds of gigabytes according to posts i have read in dslreports.com forums. as long as the over use is in the single digits i dont think you have to worry about it. but the mere fact that we now have to limit usage is annoying as hell. i wish we had municipal broadband that will open up the market but the city govt sold out to comcast.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 14, 2011, 23:51 zirik

Sepharo wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 23:10:
Wish there was a place I could check.

login to your comcast account. there you will find your monthly usage meter. what sucks is that it is not updated in real time. so you might think you still have 50gb left when in fact you are already at the limit. thats how far behind the meter falls especially on the last day of your billing cycle.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 14, 2011, 23:39 zirik

uwe boll took all the money.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Million Fan March
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Million Fan March Apr 14, 2011, 22:04 zirik

im guessing it wont reach 3 million but they will release the trailer anyways.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. adobe Apr 11, 2011, 22:52 zirik

at $95 per month for the design premium i would rather pay for the license than do a subscription which would end up costing more in the long run. if only there was an alternative to adobe products that has the same feature sets required by the design industry.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2011, 22:47 zirik

shouldnt they be innovating now that they have mastered the capabilities of current gen consoles? devs can concentrate more on gameplay than squeezing every ounce of processing power for eye candy.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
9. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 9, 2011, 02:49 zirik

fuck if i care about dx11. i already finished the game. the additional graphics improvement wont make me want to play it over again. the coveted nanosuit upgrades which never worked from the beginning because of the alien catalyst bug really didnt matter in the final battle. some nano suit upgrades are useless even at the post human warrior difficulty because of the predictability of the AI. the cloaked enemy detection upgrade did not come to play until a very short part of the final level. and the steep requirement meant that you can only unlock this upgrade by killing a few of the cloaked aliens which would require finishing the game. so its kinda moot if you dont get to use it.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2011, 03:06.

3. Re: Crysis 2 Patch Apr 4, 2011, 16:58 zirik

Punisher wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 16:51:
No DX11, no Crossfire/SLI support, no advanced graphics options, and users are reporting that the dreaded Nano-Catalyst bug hasn't been squashed... Looks like the patch needs a patch.

we are not out of beta yet. ironically the leaked version already has a utility that fixed the nano catalyst bug. at least the hackers work faster and better than crytek.

1. Re: Crysis 2 Patch Apr 4, 2011, 16:48 zirik

the list shows that they shipped a beta product like the leaked version. most annoying one is the nano catalyst that disappears upon death or between game sessions. made the point of stealth killing the aliens a worthless effort.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2011, 00:42.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Launches
8. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Launches Apr 4, 2011, 16:05 zirik

LOC wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 14:39:
zirik wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 11:52:
they need to fix that stupid load time at the start of every match when custom outfit are loading for each player. or at least give the option to disable viewing of custom outfits.

This is actually fixed (or changed?) in the newest version. I was shocked to see it gone myself. I got killed and was like, here comes the stuttering stupid nonsense as it tries to load everyone else's customization's etc. But nope, they are gone!

i stopped playing the beta last month. when did this latest patch come? people i play with say it is still there. the same problem exists with battlefield heroes and that game has been out for a long time now.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Launches
2. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Launches Apr 4, 2011, 11:52 zirik

they need to fix that stupid load time at the start of every match when custom outfit are loading for each player. or at least give the option to disable viewing of custom outfits.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 3, 2011, 23:15 zirik

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 23:00:
The only concussion safety they should be concerned about is all of their fans banging their head on the table trying to figure out why these idiots can't decide how to dole out 9 BILLION dollars.

Gluttony at it's finest.

i was wondering how they came up with the team rosters when there is not going to be a 2012 season. im not a football fan so maybe someone can explain how EA worked it out.

News Comments > West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud
17. Re: West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud Apr 2, 2011, 22:56 zirik

i wish the lawsuit puts a hold on any MW or COD game. we need a break so that someone else can create something new.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live
9. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 18:02 zirik

is this a server side patch only? i launched the game and didnt see an update.  

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo