Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 18:54 zirik

ldonyo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:38:
FYI, spam is related to unwanted email, something the Postal Service can barely grasp, let alone employ themselves.

not true. the postal service has a lot to do with junk mail. they offer services to direct marketers in the form of address database. they offer printing services of different types of address labels which contain information from database that they sell. they also offer logistics support in the form of storage facilities at various distribution centers across the country for junk mail.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 18:47 zirik

LittleMe wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:09:
Just like the feds passed anti-spam laws but yet the postal service delivers more spam than anyone else.

the postal service maintains and sells one of the largest database of advertising leads to marketing agencies. the main source of income for the postal service does not come from selling stamps. its selling your personal information that they gain from simply delivering your bills and bank statements.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 8, 2011, 17:19 zirik

facebook needs those 9000 employees to create fake accounts they sell to advertisers.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 7, 2011, 16:52 zirik

at least sony finally provided what they should have done right from the start. identity theft protection service and access to credit data for 12 months.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 7, 2011, 03:31 zirik

LittleMe wrote on May 6, 2011, 13:03:
The real crying is busy bees who want the government to rescue them from businesses on the Internet. Want to opt out? Use ad blocking software, buy an anonymous proxy or demand your ISP give you a random IP or their own proxy anonymity option.

youre okay with spending money to protect your privacy when it should have been respected by companies in the first place? a simple opt out is not so much to ask is it? congress or the state assembly doesnt need to force companies to do it but since it is not offered to consumers then it should be written in law.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 7, 2011, 03:18 zirik

AnointedSword wrote on May 7, 2011, 00:27:
FCC asked by who? Let me read...hmmmm

oh hey you came out from under the rock you live in. in case you are too lazy to read about the people who asked the FCC for help. they are funded by non-profit organizations who are not tied to the telco business. their purpose is to defend public interest. they are against ACTA, DMCA and other laws supported by congress that limits the rights of people.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 7, 2011, 03:09 zirik

Narf2029 wrote on May 6, 2011, 04:23:
At least with Congress, we can not vote to re-elect someone who isn't doing the job we like. Of course, the average American will be too busy watching teevee to know who's even running for office, let alone what they're doing. Alphabet agencies, on the other hand, do not have directors that have to run for election every couple years. They just get their job and keep it until they either tire of it or screw it up extremely badly, and the people have no say in what policies they enact or even in who runs the agency that is paid for by our tax dollars.

the point in assigning someone instead of voting them in to run the alphabet agency is to prevent outside special interest from interfering with the job. it is important to place someone who is not biased in the position. unfortunately congress keeps dipping their dirty little fingers in the policy making of alphabet agencies by limiting their regulatory capability. like what happened to the FCC when congress threatened to limit how much penalty they can give to those who violate the rules. it was one of the biggest reason at&t and other telcos lobbied for their own version of net neutrality rules. they got what they want with the help of congress. did it serve the best interest of the public? nope.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 5, 2011, 20:10 zirik

AnointedSword wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:17:
FCC should be dismantled. Let me explain how this should work. Congress should make the laws(period). The people cannot get their say if the FCC, DOE, etc... gets to make the laws without going through congress.

wait what? people get what they want with congress? and that corporate lobbying groups who serve the needs of a few for profit individuals dont have an effect on how congress makes laws? you must be living under a rock.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2011, 20:28.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 5, 2011, 20:02 zirik

Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2011, 19:30:
I can't complain about Comcast.

250gb/month limit is nothing to complain about? wait til you start watching HD streams.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2011, 17:42 zirik

the star wars bluray set does not have a drew cover art? did lucas fall out of favor with the great artist? he was able to get him out of retirement during the dvd release of the original trilogy. why not now? the new bluray covers are horrendous photoshop hack jobs.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 3, 2011, 22:21 zirik

nobody noticed the photo credit in the article? james WOODCOCK took the damn pictures... while under extreme pressure in his pants.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Specs
24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Specs May 3, 2011, 19:06 zirik

Minimum Requirement:
Balls

Recommended Requirement:
Balls of Steel

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2011, 10:08 zirik

Halo wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 15:52:
Is the NFL 12 preview an empty field?

it will be a short video clip from the movie the replacements. dejavu!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming Apr 30, 2011, 03:18 zirik

is jade raymond still in charge? cuz i will "like" it if she is.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 29, 2011, 19:17 zirik

Drazula wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 09:47:
Sony has no idea how to properly protect anything.

they got your money and thats what matters the most.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2011, 23:59 zirik

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 16:39:
plus it has been stated that the credit card info was encripted, so theres no saying anyones card was compromised at all.

yet they released a statement advising customers to be vigilant and take steps to protect the credit card used on PSN. until we get a court ordered statement from sony revealing the strength and type of encryption used to protect data i have little confidence in their security. the overhaul of PSN is an indication that it was weak in the first place.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 28, 2011, 23:16 zirik

here we go with fear mongering. equifax fires the first salvo to lure consumers into buying their useless credit monitoring product. it does nothing but show you if someone committed fraud but does nothing to stop it. their database is and always has been outdated. i never offer to give them my current info like place of work and phone number. they always ask but i am not required by law to provide that type of information. its the last bit i have that has not been compromised by identity thieves. if and when someone tries to open a new line of credit and uses the information equifax and other credit bureaus have it will be obvious that it did not come from me.  

4. Re: Sony Apr 27, 2011, 21:56 zirik

wow. sony is really being a dick when it comes to taking responsibility for the security of customer data it decided to retain on their insecure servers. they are telling those affected to obtain the free one time credit report already offered by the major credit bureaus. when wells fargo lost customer data they offered one year of full credit report access in addition to a full security monitoring of your personal data that is being shared online. they tell you when to anticipate unauthorized charges based on how much your personal information is being shared on hacker forums.  

News Comments > TrackMania 2 Website
1. Re: TrackMania 2 Website Apr 27, 2011, 21:17 zirik

are they still using starforce DRM? hate that malware crap they use as copy protection. its the same reason why i have not purchased any eagle dynamics game.  

31. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2011, 17:04 zirik

Verno wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 12:57:
The hacker dickheads if discovered get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law thankfully.

that rarely happens. credit card companies never go after the people who use stolen credit cards because it is more costly to bring them to justice than to claim the loss through their insurance. i have been the victim of identity theft twice and both times i tried to ask my credit card company for the names of those who used my card without permission and the reply i get is always the same. they cant give me names because they dont have to go after the individuals. and that i should not bother since i had zero liability for the fraudulent charges. i wanted to take the person who used my card illegally to small claims court to try and recover the amount of time i had to take from work in order to fix things with my creditors and spending money on placing security checks on my credit file to make sure nothing else is going on with my personal and financial data. sadly this is probably what will happen with sony. visa already released a notice to their customers telling them to simply sit and wait for something to happen since they are not liable for fraud charges. that is not very comforting since they are not actively going after the thieves who stole the customer database from sony.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo