Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2011, 19:39 zirik

Animals for Crackers wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 18:48:
Yeah, the lack of games is a trivial consideration in this equation, it's clearly the dual analogs or lack thereof.

yeah and its trivial that i never said it was the only reason the 3DS is not selling well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
23. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2011, 19:10 zirik

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 15:30:
Not saying Gates is a saint, just saying he's at least doing something to make up for being a dick. But he never made someone raise a daughter on welfare, so...

yeah his daughter lisa was in welfare for the time when apple was just a startup. but at least he did not forget about her when his company prospered. and how do you know that steve jobs did not contribute to charitable foundations? at least steve doesnt brag about it like bill gates. being a dick means doing a press release and a ego pumping interview every time the bill/melinda gates foundation releases funds to chraties.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2011, 10:41 zirik

ice white 3DS still has no second analog stick. yet a third party game requires the accessory to add it. and nintendo wonders why their latest handheld is not selling as well as they thought it would be.  

18. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2011, 10:37 zirik

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 09:43:
He cared about nothing other than his bank account. Let's not make him out to be a saint. A visionary, sure, but a giant, raging dickhead. There's nothing wrong with that necessarily, but let's acknowledge it. When Bill Gates dies few will care, few will talk about his social impact, and the man has convinced dozens of billionaires to donate the bulk of their wealth to various causes.

you do know bill gates is not giving his billions in one lump sum. bill gates is letting the money trickle out to his charitable foundations in order to maximize the tax benefits for him and his family. so dont make it like he did it for the good of society. he just didnt want uncle sam to benefit.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2011, 08:25 zirik

ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 20:55:
ACTA is signed. Say goodbye to most of your rights in the name of making more money for the entertainment industry.

its amazing the whole thing went under the radar of the big media companies who have news outlets. not a single report telling the negative aspects of the treaty. this is america using strong arm tactics to make other countries follow its copyright legislation. lets see who fell in line...

AMERICAS BITCHES: Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea.

AMERICAS WANNA BE BITCHES: European Union, Mexico and Switzerland.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
101. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 3, 2011, 00:41 zirik

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 04:10:
I think we may have different definitions of humble. John isn't one to seek center stage, feign superiority, or look down on anyone.

you should dig up some of his old .plan updates. he likes to throw in his ferraris and how he modded them to the point that they are not street legal. plus how many he owns at any given time. its quite the opposite of what you perceive.

your memory needs refreshment. he did not get rid of all his ferraris. and he also did not do it for his family. he sold some of them to fund his space venture.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
67. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 03:39 zirik

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 01:54:
This is what makes John Carmack awesome. Insane talent and amazing humbleness.

talent yes but humble is a bit of a stretch. have you ever tried engaging him about how many ferrari sports car he owns or previously owned? he lights up like a kid in a candy store.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
2. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Sep 30, 2011, 20:21 zirik

i think batman arkham asylum had the right idea when it comes to piracy. the game mechanic is crippled when playing a pirated copy. maybe thats an avenue developers should look into when trying to reward legitimate users versus using draconian DRM. also provide part of the game content online in small increments for free to legitimate users. yes it will require online access periodically but at least its not persistent connection.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
70. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2011, 00:58 zirik

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 23:12:
I can see their reason for not putting an SD slot on it: That way you store everything in their cloud.Creston

i was hoping for more expandability. amazon cloud is only unlimited for amazon purchased content. what if you have a lot of non-amazon stuff? other sources like photos downloaded from email attachments or pdf downloaded from the web? its too bad the USB port will only be used for charging the battery. and its not just kindle. it seems all android devices dont have support for mass storage via USB.

62. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 21:05 zirik

Blue wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 11:02:
To be specific, the sections I picture dispensing with with are: Metaverse, Legal Briefs, Safety Dance, and possibly even Tech Bits.

i actually enjoy reading those sections. maybe they can be consolidated into one?

News Comments > Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011
11. Re: Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011 Sep 28, 2011, 20:50 zirik

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 14:14:
tenacious d as in jack black? they really couldnt find anyone to play blizzcon last year?

Considering they're nerd rock (and don't get me wrong, I'm in the target audience there), I'd say they fit right in.

Or they should have. Their show itself was rather flat.

thats why im dumbfounded with the choice last year. considering how much money blizzard can throw around. the only time i ever saw tenacious d perform was on television. their music was eccentric. the highlight of their performance was jack black trashing his guitar and then bragging about it during the interview with letterman. he always talks about his mom who worked as a scientist for nasa. it seems the only connection he has to being a nerd.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 13:58 zirik

remember that feature to customize the sites color, etc.? why not add a button to switch it back to the old format for the regulars and change the default layout to attract new visitors.  

News Comments > Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011
6. Re: Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011 Sep 28, 2011, 13:54 zirik

Zoom wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 13:47:
Lobster wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 13:32:
What exactly do the Foo Fighters (or Tenacious D) have to do with Blizzard?
A juicy contract for the former and product endorsement for the latter ?

tenacious d as in jack black? they really couldnt find anyone to play blizzcon last year?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 28, 2011, 04:25 zirik

question is how did he hide them under his clothes. he must have been wearing the ultimate baggy pants to pull that off. also, nobody heard the snapping sounds while he was prying off the plastic covers with a screw driver? i bet walmart will start putting tools in the hardware department behind locked glass displays from now on. lol.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2011, 04:51.

11. if it aint broke... Sep 27, 2011, 23:02 zirik

i like the current format. its easy to browse the different news sections. no need to change it.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. firefox 7 Sep 27, 2011, 22:58 zirik

yeah right. they said the same thing with version 3 & 6. both of which use more and more memory with every patch.  

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2011, 09:10 zirik

Scud wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 23:01:
Long after he's decomposed, the chips will still be in pristine condition.

actually, with all the artificial flavor and preservatives used on doritos chips, he too will be in pristine condition.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 19:19 zirik

Sepharo wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 18:31:
That's what I did with my mx310, I don't plan on running out for a long time.

hehe. i thought i was the only one who hoards input devices when i find one that performs exactly the way i want it to be. i wont run out of mx518s for sure. especially when they released an updated version called g400.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 02:36 zirik

space captain wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:00:
the custom of eating spicy foods is derived from the hot/tropical regions various cultures because eating spicy foods makes you perspire which cools the body down

you clearly have never been to hot/tropical regions where you dont need to eat spicy food to sweat. the high humidity will be enough to make your skin feel like wet sponge. and it wont cool your body down since sweat simply builds up and does not evaporate.

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
34. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 23, 2011, 17:47 zirik

DG wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 14:04:
Wow that that game attracted the most incredibly stupid people I have ever witnessed. They all beelined for the attack then transport planes, and proceeded to race to cap the first point with it. Especially the attack plane. First time I've actually seen something so stupid that I've been unable to comprehend it.

thats basically the same for every battlefield game. if you hated 2142 for it then you probably did not like 1942 or BF2.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo