Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zirik

Real Name zirik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2003, 10:10
Total Comments 2213 (Senior)
User ID 16699

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2012, 20:29 zirik

Rhino wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 18:16:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 17:07:
zirik wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 14:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 14:28:
Damn, I didn't win the Mega-millions. Oh well, would have made life too easy anyway.

yeah, i dont want to be set for life. i want to suffer. hehe. but seriously. i thought only one ticket won last night. that would make me really mad with envy.

Seriously, after the first few million, what would you spend it on?

Save it for my future generations, donate it, buy an extraordinary amount of land and have something built on it, fund whatever suits my interests and/or needs, invest (of course).

In other words, whatever the hell popped into my head. It could be worthwhile, it could be entirely self serving or fun; but it certainly wouldn't just sit there.

they were talking about lottery winners on the radio this morning. dunno if what they were saying is true but its a sad statistic. most winners dont know how to handle so much money. on average lottery winners spend all the money in 5 years regardless of the amount.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2012, 15:49 zirik

Ratty wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 14:50:
I'll occasionally play the lottery but I stayed out of this one. Could you imagine what your life would be like? I don't need that.

it would be life without the need to wash towels on a weekend.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2012, 14:37 zirik

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 14:28:
Damn, I didn't win the Mega-millions. Oh well, would have made life too easy anyway.

yeah, i dont want to be set for life. i want to suffer. hehe. but seriously. i thought only one ticket won last night. that would make me really mad with envy.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 15:35 zirik

good luck to anyone playing the biggest lottery jackpot in history.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 30, 2012, 15:34 zirik

i thought the picture was john and his mom. killcreek will not be happy with her replacement.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Blog; Comic
2. Re: Line of Defense Blog; Comic Mar 29, 2012, 09:33 zirik

first salvo fired. now we wait for the appearance.  

News Comments > Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward
13. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 03:49 zirik

DangerDog wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 01:08:
Shouldn't have apologized for neglecting the PC community, cost him his job.

i think he was just prepping his next career move. make amends in case he lands a job as a pc dev.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2012, 03:12 zirik

Blue wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 20:19:
They don't flip them? I know the holes help steam pass through and sog up the bun, which is apparently part of the appeal (as a big fan of good hamburgers, I'm not a big fan of White Castle). Didn't know they don't flip them either.

yeah. i saw a documentary on white castle and they mentioned the reason for the holes was to save time by not having to flip the patties.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2012, 19:42 zirik

PHJF wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 15:32:
White Castle started using smaller burgers so they could cook more of them, faster.

smaller and with holes on the patty so they dont have to flip them over to cook the other side.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 24, 2012, 15:09 zirik

still waiting for at&t to bring back call center jobs they sent out to india and asia. thats 3000 jobs they promised. glad their t-mobile acquisition didnt succeed.

it is sad that t-mobile followed at&t and verizon in sending call center jobs overseas. verizon not only sent call center jobs overseas but they also outsourced their directory pages department to india. thats advertising, marketing and publishing jobs lost. dont be surprised if you find misspelled names of places in their directory. revisions and corrections are eating up productivity since their outsourced workers have no idea how to spell american cities or counties.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2012, 08:28 zirik

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 01:25:
Every time I see the new GPU's i cringe... while extremely powerful, they are way too long always over-reaching the Mainboard into the HDD area and still have a terrible cooling concept.

Good to see they think about saving power, now if they would start thinking about proper heat management during load + summer as well.....

no doubt about the ever increasing size of the latest cards. it seems 10" is the minimum size and goes up to almost 13" on the top of the line. its one of the reasons i have not upgraded my card since it barely fits into the case. i can force it when i remove two hard drives but my mobo 24 pin power will get in the way.

i agree too that the cooling systems have not kept pace with performance. i hate it when nvidia and amd increase the normal operating temps to 65c and claim 100c is okay for heavy load just so they dont have to provide a more robust cooling system. 100c may be fine for their product but its practically cooking everything else around it. i wish they would make water cooling standard for all video cards. i guess the liability of leakage and subsequent damage is something nobody wants to carry with their products.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 21, 2012, 23:45 zirik

how did they get robin williams to star in the hair demo for nvidia? my favorite demo is still nalu for the 6800 series cards. sad we still dont have games that use hair like that on characters. hope the 680 will make it a reality.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Microsoft Bans Internal Purchases of Mac and iPad. Mar 21, 2012, 14:04 zirik

wtf_man wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:01:
Well... I sort of meant that as a joke. Of course the industry steals from each other, constantly! Apple originally stole their shit from Xerox, though. Xerox execs were too stupid to know what do with the stuff that their PARC "think tank" came up with.

everyone says steal but didnt apple pay xerox to use their ideas? at least thats what the documentaries about steve jobs says. of course xerox likes the word steal better to save face because they didnt put their ideas to good use.

microsoft preventing their marketing from purchasing a mac seems toothless. they probably hire an outside marketing agency who dont have to ask microsoft for permission to buy apple products.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Mar 20, 2012, 11:10 zirik

Cornholio wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 04:39:
The glamour of being perpetually made fun of because 75% of pilots are douche bags. Of that 75%, 85% are captains.

let me guess. you hate overachievers and type a personalities.

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 20, 2012, 02:55 zirik

fighter pilots might enjoy the glamor compared to others but their body pays for it. once a pilot starts experiencing temporary paralysis during flight they are pulled from the front line and offered teaching positions. the repeated spine compressions caused by high g maneuvers takes a heavy toll on the body.  

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 20, 2012, 01:48 zirik

that leg breaking could also be caused by the strap that quickly pulls the legs tight against the seat to clear the canopy frame during an ejection. russian ejection seats from the same era protected their pilots better. the k-36d had a metal plate that pops up in front of the pilot to protect the head from wind blast. pilots legs are not only pulled tight against the seat but are also propped up with supports to keep them from slamming against the metal frame and breaking bones. the pilots arms are also protected by two metal plates that lower on the sides to prevent the arms from breaking and folding backwards. goodrich studied and licensed these features. they are now used on the f-35.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2012, 01:55.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 20, 2012, 01:15 zirik

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:56:
FAA to revisit the use of certain personal electronics on flights.

There have been scientists that came out and said our electronics don't do diddlypoop to theirs. If they did - then how come we can turn them on later? whatevs.

AND if it was so important and such a dire need - they would take them at the checkpoint. They don't even make sure you turn the thing off. In fast *GASP* I have left mine on in my pocket!!!!!

i think the FAA and the airlines are just waiting for the highest bidder to offer up the licensing fee to carry in cabin signal amplifiers and build faster ground tracking antennas.

21. Re: TSA Mar 20, 2012, 01:10 zirik

DNForever wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 17:58:
That kid who tried to light his explosive lined underwear on fire was like 15 or 16. At that age is borderline brainwashing, so I wouldn't put it over a serious terrorist organization to pull off something like explosives in a kids wheelchair. Look what they were able to do on 9/11, which before that would have seemed like a made up thing.

i think you are missing the point. they separated the kid who was visibly scared and upset from his father. if you or the TSA thinks the wheelchair had explosives then by all means examine it but dont prevent the dad from comforting his child. holding a childs hand is not gonna make for a suspicious terrorist act.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: RT channel Mar 20, 2012, 01:01 zirik

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 19:16:
probably the same type of moron who holds cable news in any sort of esteem whatsoever, or who can call it news with a strait face. for you it seems just down to the lies you like and the lies you don't. you'd like to pretend one side is different from the other cause one coddles your ego, by pandering to the things in life you've attached it to, and the other attacks it.

so tell me what is your esteemed news source? im gonna bet youre gonna say bloggers. lol.

14. Re: TSA Mar 19, 2012, 17:09 zirik

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:52:
speaking of the TSA...

those incidents should never happen. TSA agents have no common sense or an ounce of decency.

2213 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo