Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve Kramer

Real Name Steve Kramer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wookieballs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1107520
Description QA supervisor at Midway Home Ent.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2003, 16:50
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 16677

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
1. hmmm May 5, 2004, 19:18  Wookieballs 

I was wanting the buy the game right after it came out, then I heard about the horrible multiplay. After so much of the "its gonna be just like old school quakeworld", I ended up being glad that I didnt pick the game up because of the bad netcode.

I wonder if its too late for the PK community though, it feels like a stunted launch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Painkiller SP Demo
110. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 20:14  Wookieballs 

Walk into the room, door closes behind you and in front of you... kill the monsters... door opens up... go past door... door closes behind you and in front of you... rinse/repeat.

Terrible level design

- nice texture work
- neato physics that stop wowing in 10 minutes
- ho hum weapons, i dont think staking someone to a wall is going to entertain me for months, sorry folks
- quakeworld multiplayer? yay! I'll believe it when I see it, i sure hope the weapons are balanced.

If the game delivers the multiplayer experience its being hyped for, I might buy it at a serious sam price.

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re: hmmm... Nov 7, 2003, 19:02  Wookieballs 

A guided rocket you can steer, a homing one seeks a heat source.

I'm a MWY QA guy, call me an expert on the matter.

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
652. No subject Oct 28, 2003, 20:49  Wookieballs 

sup?

News Comments > New Devil Whiskey Demo
1. No subject Oct 13, 2003, 12:25  Wookieballs 

Is it just me, or does the name Devil Whiskey sound like the game should take place in the wild west? To hear that it is a Bards Tale style RPG throws me for a loop.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. HL2 Sep 30, 2003, 17:25  Wookieballs 

I find it interesting that valve has not sent an official press release on their delay directly to Bluesnews, considering it being one of the more important 3d gaming sites out there... or did i miss it? I know a message ended up at shacknews...

166. ! Sep 18, 2003, 12:06  Wookieballs 

Im sorry to hear that Blue, I hope all is for the best.

Steve Kramer
skramer@midway.com

News Comments > UT2003 Stats Return
3. wow! Jul 10, 2003, 15:00  Wookieballs 

Im honestly shocked they got it back up! its only been down for 7 months or so right?

Looks like ALL of the stats have been reset though. Too bad.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Trailer
180. re post #147 May 16, 2003, 19:10  Wookieballs 

the whole deal with the antlion bait thingie....

It was explained at the demo that Gordon had pheromones put on him that made him "friends" of the antlions. or at least they thought he was friends. He would toss the pods to direct them where to go, and obviously they didnt find the soldiers as friends. The giant antlion at the end is immune to the pheromones.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Trailer
179. HL2 at the ATI booth May 16, 2003, 19:05  Wookieballs 

Howdy all.

I was at E3 yesterday and saw the demonstration for HL2 first hand.

They actually went into depth about the tech thats going in for a bit, and then did the demos that you guys see in the videos floating around. The videos do not do this game justice. While the videos themselves are amazing, seeing it first hand straight off of the PC is mind blowing.

My favorite part of the tech demo was the character model being fully animated but as water... they had flames behind the model, and the light was refracting through the body. very cool stuff.

I saw alot of cool stuff at the show yesterday, but nothing came even close to touching Half Life 2.

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Teasing
156. the big deal about TF2 Apr 25, 2003, 19:09  Wookieballs 

poster 151 asked what the big deal is about TF2. Many of us N00bs out there, used to play a little game called Team Fortress for quake 1. It was the first REAL taste of what online team based gaming could be. Personally, some of my best experiences gaming were done in that game. Many of us who are old school TFers would love to see whats up with TF2 since we've been waiting for several years now, with years between the slightest of updates.

I understand there are other games out there, but none can fill the place that TF did in my gaming heart. Just the nostalgia alone of playing it and seeing old TF clans which went on hiatus waiting for the vaporous TF2 is enough for me to be VERY curious as to what it's status is.

On the long production complaints... yup, i'm complaining, and so are others. The first version of TF we were expecting was for Quake 2... The game was well under way and near finished when the TF moved from Australia to work under Valve. a year of waiting from that point, we see TFC. A year after that we start seeing TF2 screens, and nothing since. Is it that that crazy or weird that hardcore TFers are desperate to hear any info?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Hits the Newsstands
111. HL AI Apr 23, 2003, 17:57  Wookieballs 

People talk about the HL AI not being all that special, but I don't really recall any other FPS games out at that time with the level of sophistication that HL had in regards to AI. I remember being pretty amazed watching the soldiers work together and toss grens back at me. Each monster had its own little style of attack, and there little dog guys with the 100 eyes still give me the creeps.

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Teasing
56. TF2 Apr 21, 2003, 12:40  Wookieballs 

TF2 is such a matter of sore contention for me. I've been waiting for that peice of vaporware forever, and I'm STILL looking forward to it. TF equated to the best gaming experiences I ever had.

I was waiting for TF2 for quake2!! it kept switching engines, and oh the frustration! Its been so long, I've long since retired my Team Fortress 2 tshirt that i got at E3 years ago!

13. Re: HALES? Apr 17, 2003, 13:38  Wookieballs 

Hah, it gets even better, you have to pay for an HTML copy of his resume, which is already posted there in HTML??

11. No subject Apr 13, 2003, 13:07  Wookieballs 

I just like the fact that he wrote "stupider" in his post about doing something stupid.

38. Re: Wookie?! Apr 8, 2003, 16:21  Wookieballs 

P3y0t3?

Dude!! Yeah, its me! I'm still playin and having a good time doing it. I finally caved in and joined this site, because I've been reading it for years now, and always keep my mouth shut.

33. re: sunburn/cancer Apr 8, 2003, 14:43  Wookieballs 

Dan,

I think you can get sunburn from snow too... Anyways, the goal wasn't skin cancer, and it wasnt a real burn, its a burn for me because im indoors dorking out on my 'puter most of the time. Any kind of sun makes me red.

22. Re: weather Apr 8, 2003, 12:53  Wookieballs 

I went rollerblading at the beach this weekend, shirt off, and got a sunburn. Ahhhh San Diego!! muahahahaha

*grin*

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo