Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameless Again

Real Name Nameless Again   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nameless Again
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description me 1, Nuclear Corndog 0.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 2, 2003, 04:45
Total Comments 644 (Apprentice)
User ID 16638

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sales Top $1 Billion
44. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Top $1 Billion Jan 13, 2010, 15:16 Nameless Again

Your math is a bit off there. It should be 16,666,666.66 units sold, or 16 million).

Whoops, starting thinking in exponents at the end, my bad. So much for MATH124.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Top $1 Billion Jan 13, 2010, 13:12 Nameless Again

Never forget it was IW that shit on PC gamers first, not the other way around.

Fuck 'em.

5. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Top $1 Billion Jan 13, 2010, 10:16 Nameless Again

Still haven't played it, still don't want to play it. Doing the math, that's only over 166,666.666- units sold. If PT Barnum said there was a sucker born every minute, then 166,666 units/min would equate to about 115 days. And since the game has been out for only two months, that would mean IW got two suckers every minute.

Guess Barnum was wrong.

News Comments > Crayon Physics Deluxe Pick Your Price Sale
4. Re: Crayon Physics Deluxe Pick Your Price Sale Jan 8, 2010, 17:31 Nameless Again

I did $1, because I'm a cheap bastard and was too lazy to download the demo to see if it was worth more than $1.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward MMOG Rumor
3. Re: Infinity Ward MMOG Rumor Jan 8, 2010, 10:35 Nameless Again

Wow, that's going to be a shitty MMO with the player cap at 16...  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 8, 2010, 00:26 Nameless Again

Nope, that's the cheapest it's been so far. I might bite at that price...the first one was the best anyway. I didn't care for Second Encounter that much as that got rid of the wow factor with the gigantic bosses.

Did they finally patch it to support deathmatch? And what about the bugs? I heard it was extremely buggy when it was released. Any input from anyone who already has it? TIA.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2010, 00:35.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of
6. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 16:24 Nameless Again

Awesome news! Can't wait to hear that they got rid of PC mouse and keyboard support in favor of gamepads! Let's keep the ball rolling on this series!  

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2010, 19:02 Nameless Again

Also, with Civ, I think it's important that you know that you can turn an in game real world clock on (so you know its 3 in the morning!) and also set a timer/alarm to go off (at 7.30 so you can have a shower before going to work! )

Oh yeah, had read about that previously and then saw it in the options. At first I thought it was a little presumptuous to put that in....
Until last night when I played for 7 straight hours. At one point, I got into a scrap with a barbarian settlement that I kept underestimating how good their tech/upgrades were. Every unit I sent up there would make a dent but not enough to take over the city. That just made me more determined, so I started creating wave after wave of military and actually had a worker build a road up to the border so they'd get up there faster. Pissed me off.

So far I've beaten it on conquest and land grab (?). At least I'm not rated as Dan Quayle this last time around.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2010, 19:05.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2010, 17:03 Nameless Again

These Steam sales are pissin' me off. I bought a few games on sale, then over the course of a few days the games were on sale even cheaper in the 24hr sale. WTF! Almost seems criminal.

xxBatmanxx said it first: wait to see what's offered on the 24-hour sales before you take the plunge. And that was way back on the 23rd I think. Good advice; thx Bat.

Well, I picked up GTA4, Torchlight, Mass Effect, and my newest addiction, Civ4. Holy shit, how do you stuff that much into a game?? I haven't even tried BTS yet, and apparently it's even better.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2010, 13:18 Nameless Again

I think Steam is finally cracking under the strain. Tried to buy Mass Effect for $5 and I'm just sitting here looking at a "Working...." button. Steam has broke before under launches, but never bad enough where they still couldn't take my money...

*update: They charged my account, so I'm sure they're just being hammered. Oh well, back to more CivIV

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2010, 13:29.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2009, 14:27 Nameless Again

They did update the price. It was listed at $40 for the longest time this morning. Meh, for $13 its worth it. I had fun playing through it but I generally like shooters.

Wish Steam sold the AOE series, I'd love to pick up AOEIII complete somewhere on sale.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2009, 13:35 Nameless Again

Regarding activations on Crysis, I don't remember ever having to "activate" my retail copy. I just typed in the key and got busy with the stealth armor.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2009, 12:05 Nameless Again

Ugh, that's not even a sale on Crysis. Picked it up retail for that price at BestBuy 6 months ago.

So what...3 more days?

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 17:42 Nameless Again

All I've ever hear is how fun Civ IV is. I've tried getting into it several times but never made it passed the tutorial...I don't know if it's the turn-based gameplay, or the funky graphics. I loved the Age of Empires series and I can't get over how the scale is all exaggerated in Civ. I keep telling my self it's more like a board game.

I'll give it another shot. I guess at $14, I can't go wrong in buying it. That's the cost of a lunch. Probably shouldn't have though, I've got too many games to play as it is.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Dec 29, 2009, 12:47 Nameless Again

I remember Half-Life's original ads in PCGamer before it got a workover. They had a little picture of a puppy in the corner and scribbled next to it was "Puppy's in trouble..." or some wacky shit.
I'm still scratching my head over that marketing decision.

Edit: Found it: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/File:Icky_old_promo.jpg

Again, wtf?

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2009, 12:57.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 12:42 Nameless Again

It's like watching a troller dredge up the muck at the bottom of a river. I'm hoping they'll still pull up a nugget or two.

Or maybe Jimmy Hoffa.

News Comments > On Duke Nukem's Future
37. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 27, 2009, 11:47 Nameless Again

I enjoyed deathmatch in Duke3D, but like another poster here said, it's about fucking time they put up, shut up. Nobody cares anymore and Miller and Broussard have obviously turned into bratty 12yo kids who have to get attention, even if it's negative attention.

Take your "millions" and retire, you stupid incompetent fucks. Sell the tattered remains of your IP to someone who actually 1) gives a damn and 2) can do something you obviously can't. Actually finish a game. At least Romero could do that.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 13:38 Nameless Again

The Star Wars premier pack was listed at 9.99 for about 5 minutes before they corrected the price. Anybody snatch it up? I didn't only because I still have most of them and my original game discs.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2009, 18:21 Nameless Again

Really...only $33 for L4D2? Gotta make it $20 or less to get me to bite at a glorified expansion pack. $10 is still too much for SS as well.  

News Comments > On Sale
43. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2009, 13:03 Nameless Again

You're right. 7.50 is a no brainer. Bought.

But keep your ears open tomorrow, as you might hear a distant "Damn yous guys!" coming out of Vegas somewhere... (directed at Rockstar, not you)

644 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo