Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Veinman

Real Name Veinman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Veinman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 31, 2003, 18:20
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 16624

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Last Remnant to PCs
8. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 16:38 Veinman

My point is, why is a port worse than no game at all? You should be happy that Capcom is even taking the chance of putting a JRPG out on the PC. I'm not sure how many JRPGs are out on PC, but the number has to be quite low. How about you wake yourself up and realize that PC-exclusive titles are getting very hard to come by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox Exclusive Portal Game
18. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 16:35 Veinman

I played Portal on the 360. While it definitely would have been easier on PC, the only really rough part was the map where you have to bounce yourself like 4 times in different directions.

News Comments > Guitar Hero: World Tour Details, and More
1. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 16:32 Veinman

Does anyone actually like The Eagles?

News Comments > Last Remnant to PCs
6. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 16:30 Veinman

The PC gets a game it wouldn't normally get.... and people here complain. So surprised.

News Comments > Gears of War 2 Dated, New Coop Mode
5. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 15:22 Veinman

Cool, I was really hoping they would do something like this. This one is a must-buy for me.

News Comments > Consolidation
4. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 23:45 Veinman

Well you'd have to be pretty serious to drop $300 on the ion set. As for why you play the game in the first place... well it's a blast with friends and alcohol.

News Comments > No Far Cry 2 Demo
16. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 01:14 Veinman

My most played demo has to be the maps released for UT99. I spent countless hours in Coret Facility playing on the LAN.

Others that stand out are BF1942 and UT2004.

That said, these days I don't much care for PC demos. It takes too much time to download them, install them, etc. I'd rather go by word of mouth.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Website Today, Movie Tomorrow
9. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 16:41 Veinman

Apparently this game is being released for consoles as well.

/pot stirred

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 16:42 Veinman

Right, because Duke Nukem 1, 2 and 3D failed too. Oh wait...

And the amount of money required to recoup the investment on those games was SO similar to that of DNF....:|

7. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 11:46 Veinman

Duke3D over live does sound like it has potential. I haven't played that game in ages.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Gore Special Edition
2. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 23:12 Veinman

I admire their tenacity, they've been working on this game forever.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
15. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 12:10 Veinman

One of the points was about AI. They have an AI system that they developed for Oblivion, but it wasn't game specific. Should they have just thrown it out? Or is the problem that he simply said the word Oblivion?

News Comments > Mark Rein Q&A
6. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 12:07 Veinman

Has everyone forgotten that over the years, there is probably not a single developer that has given away more extra content than Epic? Valve comes close, but I suspect they would still come up short.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
12. Re: Wait and See.. Jul 8, 2008, 09:30 Veinman

I counted 4 times Todd directly references Oblivion in the answers. 4 times. For a game that should have nothing to do with Oblivion at all.

He was giving more accurate answers by comparing to something people have already seen. Developers do that all the time.

News Comments > Ignition's Unreal-engine FPS
10. No subject Jul 7, 2008, 19:41 Veinman

I think it's much more powerful to announce a game along with screens or at least something. That's how you convince people something is groundbreaking.

Remember when the Project Offset video came out of nowhere? Of course...the game is still nowhere.

5. No subject Jul 7, 2008, 13:14 Veinman

Not the extra downloadable songs; the article talks about the songs from the disc of the first RB being given away to owners of RB2.

1. No subject Jul 7, 2008, 09:53 Veinman

That rumor about Rock Band 2 owners being able to download all of RB1 as free DLC sounds so ridiculous, I don't see how it could possibly be true. I like my rumors with at least a hint of plausibility.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Fan Pack
4. No subject Jul 6, 2008, 12:46 Veinman

Many people (myself included) were happy that Calypso wasn't there initially. That and LVU Campus might as well have been the only maps in the last game. Now there is a much broader spread, although Villa is far in the lead. Luckily Villa is my favorite.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Fan Pack
2. No subject Jul 5, 2008, 19:57 Veinman

Well it's hard to improve on that first comment, but I don't think it's accurate to call the dark maps "eerie", since you aren't worried about monster closets in R6. "Pitch black" would be more accurate.

News Comments > Consolidation
12. No subject Jul 4, 2008, 21:58 Veinman

Someone actually said that Diablo would have to be "dumbed down"? No, it wouldn't. Your average console title is far more complex than Diablo.

The only real issue is control. I think it would have to be an offshoot of the series, not the same game that the PC gets.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo