Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1360 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
9. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 10:07 Xero

As sad as it may be, Starcraft 2 may be Blizzard's last "old" school title. When I say that, I mean in that it's their last title that will be treat like an old Blizzard game. Pay once to play everything. Consistent updates and features added within the updates and worthy expansions to continue the life and replayability of the game for years. But the expansions aren't WoW style of beating a dead horse to hell and back and then back to hell.
I like SC2 as far as it's old school style made a bit fresher for today's standards but it's true that with all the new ideas in RTS, it does play very old style. This isn't entirely bad though because a lot of the new stuff doesn't always play better than the old. My perfect game or last game that I want Blizzard to make before I die is Warcraft 4 direct continuation from Warcraft 3 in terms of gameplay style. I enjoyed the hell out of the hero/RTS mix and the online gaming lasted years and years for me and my buddy 2v2 up the ladder. If they could bring back Warcraft 4 with modern day graphics, I would be in heaven for a lil while. But the direction Blizzard has gone, I see no hope for anything good anymore. SC2 really was the last I think, that is even despite a lot of hate it gets as well.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 15:20 Xero

I'm rather surprised by it's reception. I was one that was defending it's graphics whenever the crappy trailers hit and people didn't seem to realize it was from the console versions. But, graphics don't always make the game clearly and if they failed miserable on the gameplay, then it's their own downfall. Can't defend that.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
19. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 12, 2013, 08:57 Xero

I find it funny when people say it's ripping off Uncharted when Uncharted was not even in the WOMB of a console when the original Tomb Raider hit. If anything it's the other way around with Uncharted adding more ideas to the concept.
Tomb Raider is back to now reclaim whatever it never had and Uncharted took, lol.
I honestly think this looks great and I'm not the biggest Tomb Raider fan with the exception of Underworld which I thought was fantastic. This one looks like it has the right mixture of combat/puzzles but will favor more the action than puzzles this time around. Honestly, if it's done right, what is there to complain? It's a game!

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
2. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 21:03 Xero

CANNOT WAIT for this! I'm not even the biggest Croft fan but this game seriously has me hyped!  

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
9. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 16:28 Xero

Axis wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 16:11:
I think the biggest population of people playing D3 is because they missed the boat with D2. Sure they'll say how they're vets and shit, but its pretty much bullshit - just newbs who fell off the wow train.

Most hardcore D2 players sure as shit aint playing D3, and you know I know where they are... ::))

This. Honestly, I've given D3 as many chances as I think I possibly could. Every single patch has been a let down since release. This patch sounds horrible and it hasn't even come out yet. I think there is no hope left for the game and I will not go back to it when this patch releases. I've enough wasting my time with this game.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
5. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 16:09 Xero

Yeah, so when does the new Tomb Raider come out?  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
33. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 09:44 Xero

I remember my buddy showing me the original back on PS1 and thought it was awesome. Was so gritty and realistic(sans T-rex) compared to what I was rocking at the time, Mario64. lol.
Though cut to the moment when I had my chance to run it on my rigs, all the variations of the original, part 2 and 3, etc. Horrid controls really hampered any gameplay it might of had. The newer, refined controls really felt nice although there was still the occasional issues with jumping to reach a location and whatnot, but it's gotten better.
I have high hopes for this one and will enjoy it as a bringing back the classic with a bang.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
9. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 16:28 Xero

I agree with the dude who stated having more puzzles would be better than combat. That was the best part of Underworld which I hold as the holy grail for Tomb Raider games. It was my favorite due to the locations, details, and puzzle quality. Was highly enjoyable. Looking forward to this one.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:26 Xero

Those graphics look A@@tastic. Nothing like the PC version. I was giving this game praise for it's graphics in another post and after seeing this, I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't console game, lol.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
8. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 16, 2013, 12:10 Xero

You can polish a turd a million times, but in the end, it's still a turd...  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 11:03 Xero

For anyone dissing the game's graphics, check this video out first...
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLuOVI1Fic[/url]

If it's not DX11, it sure does a great impression of it

News Comments > Magicka: Vietnam Announced
19. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Announced Mar 1, 2011, 17:10 Xero

HAhahahahahha! Brilliant! Can't wait for this one, lol.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Plans
8. Re: StarCraft II Plans Oct 8, 2010, 07:02 Xero

"The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes."

That just might of completely broke Terran in many ways. To build an effective wall early I get a barrack and supply depot building at the same time to block it quicker. To counter zergling rush, I get my rax building as fast as possible to get marines as soon as my supply depot finishes(which I build second). So now, if I hear this correct, I need to completely finish building 1 supply depot before I can even begin construction of my barrack? Oh that's just great. By the time my supply depot is done, there will be zerglings already coming to my base...how the hell am I suppose to BEGIN construction and them build marines when there is a pack of zerglings on their way down??? Blizzard, wtf!

News Comments > StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming
12. Re: StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming Aug 17, 2010, 07:09 Xero

"additional character name changes for a fee."

Wow...charging for something simple, quick, easy, and obviously automated. Blizzard are becoming money whores. Just to change your name nowadays is going to cost you? Wtf is this world coming to? I understand they don't want people abusing it, but that's when you put CAPS on name changing. How about a 15-30 day name change period? Simple and FREE!!!

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
54. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 22:03 Xero

Amazing demo...I LOVED the original. I don't beat too many single player games due to my lack of attention span but Mafia 1 had such a damn good storyline, it was impossible to not play to the end. It was like a great movie you never wanted to end! The ending was one of the best in gaming history for me. Was pure gold. Great to see Mafia 2 looking as good as it should be for nowadays and what should be a top notch story. Can't wait!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
18. Re: StarCraft II Patched Jul 31, 2010, 10:11 Xero

vrok wrote on Jul 31, 2010, 09:52:
Assassin's Creed 2 is worth $10.00 imo. $60.00 is indeed too much for Starcraft 2 though. I loved the beta, but I'm definitely waiting for the 50% discount. $30.00 sounds fair.
Haha. Including beta key and a new rig I've paid more than $1000 for SC2 and it was worth every cent.

lol, probably DITTO on that. I literally built my new rig about a year ago or so, JUST to play SC2 and next in line Diablo 3. Blizzard seriously is one of the only gaming companies left that when they make a game, it's loaded with polish and quality. Sure, your gonna get a bug or balance issues after release, but cmon? What games don't? I appreciate Blizzard's long lasting support to their older games even when they don't need to. It shows they are committed to their games.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
10. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:48 Xero

I guess that's good news for an RTS genre? My CE arrives tomorrow...can't wait to jump in.
Now I'm not trying to start a war here because I don't even own any of the latest consoles, but didn't Modern Warfare 2 have like 20 million preorders or something? Maybe I read something way out of line?

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
46. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 19:05 Xero

You can't win sometimes. So many companies make shitty ass games and still charge high prices, mainly if you buy on consoles. Yet nobody complains then. You'll easily spend tons of money on these games a year, yet complain when 1 company charges alil more than usual for their game releases which don't come often, and when they do, they are of the utmost highest quality and offer years long replayability. PC gamers should be proud Blizzard is on their side.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Trailer
4. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 21, 2010, 22:12 Xero

I honestly am buying it for multi, but single player will be EPIC. Will definitely play through the single portion all the way. This trailer had all kinds of kickass in it. Was really impressed with the in-game renderings. Can't wait to rock this next week! CE preordered already!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
83. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 21:29 Xero

Ahhh! Just finished an exciting online match in the beta right now. It's unfortunate some people don't have the mentality for RTS games, because once you do and it grabs you, you understand just why Blizzard is king of the RTS. After seeing so many new styles of RTS games in the past years to break away from the usual build a base style, it's nice to go back to the roots where Blizzard has perfected this formula. I already got the CE preordered and honestly, if I don't have enough time to invest into the single player campaign, I don't care. The multiplayer is where this game is all about. It's awesome!  

1360 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo