Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1146 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online to Expand
1. No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:12 Xero

Already? Didn't it just come out? A new Everquest in the making?

Currently playing: Skyrim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
18. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2007, 18:33 Xero

I agree with the guy about console games have no idea how good and FPS game can be after I attemped Halo. That game was horrid and so overrated. I didn't try the 2nd but heard it was a pile of dogshit so can't imagine I missed anything other than a bad game being worse.

News Comments > On Postal III
11. No subject Jul 4, 2007, 22:22 Xero

The original Postal was loads of fun back then. I remember replaying it over and over. Was just fun getting into shoot outs and throwing cocktail bombs everywhere.

News Comments > StarCraft II at BlizzCon
8. No subject Jun 22, 2007, 07:19 Xero

I can't wait for this game!!!! It's gonna be the RTS killer! I need something to pull me away from Wc3. Not all this crap put out just for a quick buck.

News Comments > StarCraft II Movie
29. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2007, 15:19 Xero

What's unbalanced? Thought so. What's so debatable about Wc3 having a better interface? It's just a fact. You get zero control options and customization with C&C3, AoE3, and I'm sure many of the other popular ones that are out just to grab your money and no support. Speaking of AoE3, there was a point that a patch actually removed all the hotkeys. Why? No clue. Haven't played since.

24. No subject Jun 15, 2007, 22:46 Xero

Another funny thing which I thought about within my own post is that, look at those games. C&C 3, or AoE3. They both came out after wc3 and are no where near as polished as Blizzard's older Wc3 game. How can you hate Blizzard when they put so much dedication and polish into their games that even games that try competing AFTER Blizzard's game came out, are still far behind it in control?

23. No subject Jun 15, 2007, 22:46 Xero

Another funny thing which I thought about within my own post is that, look at those games. C&C 3, or AoE3. They both came out after wc3 and are no where near as polished as Blizzard's older Wc3 game. How can you hate Blizzard when they put so much dedication and polish into their games that even games that try competeing AFTER Blizzard's game came out, are still far behind it in control?

22. Re: No subject Jun 15, 2007, 22:41 Xero

Oh, quiet you nerd. I'm sorry if I'm too hip for you to understand. Go outside and you'll learn some new lingo. As for the post below this. Your right, there isn't all that much more innovations they can do while still keeping it RTSish. As it is, most of the innovations weren't all that groundbreaking or great. Fun for awhile, but not addicting like old fashion resource gathering, then go and blow the shit outta your opponent's base. It's all about how everything is put together and polish really plays a big role in an RTS. I can't begin to compare the amount of interface control you get with Wc3 compared to let's say AoE3 or C&C 3 Tiberian Wars.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 22:42.

18. No subject Jun 15, 2007, 20:31 Xero

This game looks sick. Obviously the haters are the weakcore RTS gamers. They dun know what true strategy is until you get into the competitive zone. I've been heavy in wc3 ladder stuff for the past few years(although not as of late, no more time), and that stuff was amazing when you get deep into it. The micro managing was sick and the resource managing was just right(not a pain in the ass). This will be the new bar set for competitive RTS games that will be watched on TV and played professionally for money. It will be polished to the core. Who cares if it's same gameplay? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, some of you gotta learn that.

News Comments > Overlord Demo
7. No subject Jun 11, 2007, 13:08 Xero

Funny game. A game where you get to use Gremlins just as they are in the movie to do your bidding Graphics are real nice and I find it funny how they describe the colorful lush foresty land as being disgusting and hard to look at. The game reminds me a lot of Sacrifice and that's not a bad thing. Easy to use controls and a beauty to look at.

News Comments > 300 & Saw Games Planned
14. No subject Jun 4, 2007, 15:23 Xero

I have 300 the mobile game, that's a lot of fun! =P

News Comments > Need for Speed ProStreet Announced
25. No subject Jun 1, 2007, 09:11 Xero

I've been to enough tracks to know Tuners own muscle in just about every type of race these days. Obviously they blow them away when it comes to rally and turns. But with the mods being applied nowadays, the straightaway drags where the muscle are suppose to be supreme are getting smoked bad. Muchless, it's fun messing with tuner cars since they are like toys. Gimme one over muscle anyday. As for Need for Speed. Most Wanted I think was the best. Carbon sucked but had nice graphics. This one looks lame minus the damage but now they are gonna sell the game based on the damage over anything else.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. No subject May 28, 2007, 13:45 Xero

What's funny is when all is said, a DVD costs about 50 cents. Sure they throwing in some nifty packing, but if I could order it direct from the company, fresh off the burning line, I think I'd only have to pay 5 bucks to have it shipped to me. That's including price of DVD-R. The amount of profit they make is digusting.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Anniversary Demo
4. No subject May 26, 2007, 17:33 Xero

The controls in Legend kicked ass so I can expect this the same. Basically the made what makes sense. It's a 3rd person that controls like a first person. Using the W,A,S,D as movement while the mouse is to look and aim. As easy as those other 3rd person shooters like Max Payne, Blood Rayne, etc. This is Croft at her best.

News Comments > StarCraft II Announced
128. No subject May 20, 2007, 15:46 Xero

It's funny how people insult Diablo for being either too braindead or simple. Yet either, A.) they forgot games are for enjoyment purpose only. Your not gonna be shooting fireballs out of your hand in r/l just because you found the Gauntlet of Flaming Whores in the game. B.) Diablo 2(maybe 1 was abit weaker), but 2 had a lot more depth in character developement with the tree branch.
I'm not saying Diablo is the best game or anything. I play it when it comes out for as long as it takes usually to beat it and then get bored of it and shelve it. It's always a blast while it lasts and I'll look forward to Diablo 3 once it's announced but I'm not eager to get it. Starcraft has been long overdue for a sequel and theres many reasons for that. Just be happy it's finally here.

86. Re: No subject May 20, 2007, 00:36 Xero

Yeah well, some of these kids here would never understand what made SC so great and why Blizzard is talked about being the greatest RTS company. I don't think an entire country would devote themselves to a game if it sucked. There has to be something good about it. Unforunately, so many RTS gamers nowadays play for quick fixes and don't get what makes a great RTS. You gotta really get into it and play it long enough to discover that. SC has it all. Perfect balance races, perfect pace, micro, and just about flawless interface. I'd say flawless except warcraft 3 took over all those. Wc3 is flawless in it's own right but is different than SC which is why you got a SC and Wc3 group.

76. No subject May 19, 2007, 20:21 Xero

BOUT F**KIN TIME! Been waiting for this for so long. I loved SC but eventually time caught up with it in my eyes and Wc3 became my new love. With all the new RTS games that have hit since Warcraft 3's release, none have pulled me away. See I'm more of a gameplay type of person and I don't care if you got physics, bump mapping, or who knows what other eyecandy effect in an RTS. I won't play it if it can't compare to Blizzard's polish. That has left me with no competition since Wc3's debut. This might be the game to finally draw me away. My only gripes are actually the engine. I don't like camera rotation in my 3D RTS games, and physics don't really need to be in an RTS. They only slow shit down and get tiring after awhile. I'll take animated deaths wc3 style any day over units getting knocked around the floor. Building physics are OK but not needed either.
As for gameplay, can't tell much yet. Way too early to tell even with those little balance demonstrations. Some of it was sorta iffy, but I think they know what they're doing and will listen to feedback. At least they've announced the game properly. Plenty of videos/photos, and general info as soon as the game was announced unlike 90% of other titles.

Oh and one more thing. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT! When are we gonna learn?

This comment was edited on May 19, 20:23.

News Comments > StarCraft and Brood War Patches
13. No subject May 16, 2007, 22:16 Xero

They really doing this to confuse us good. I was also in the boat thinking they are announcing a new franchise. They wouldn't show all their current franchises if they were zeroing in on one in the end. Also why would they release this Starcraft patch if they intent on keeping the original Starcraft long well alive and kicking with new features? Perhaps to keep people hoping for a Starcraft 2 announcement alittle happier? But, then the other thing is the announcement is in Korea which would mean they get bombed if they don't announce Starcraft 2 there. Hmmmmm. Oh and we don't need another Diablo just yet. Please no.

This comment was edited on May 16, 22:16.

News Comments > Lost Planet PC Demos
10. No subject May 15, 2007, 22:45 Xero

So even though I have dx9.0c I need to dl this newer GENUINE version of dx9.0c. Figures.

News Comments > More Blizzard Teasing
38. No subject May 14, 2007, 00:23 Xero

Cmon...we don't need a 3rd Diablo when we haven't even had a 2nd Starcraft yet. Starcraft 2 would kick so much ass at a time right now where we get all these flooded crappy RTS games with some exclusions. Let the king bring back one of the best. I still prefer Wc3 over any of these new RTS games at the moment.

1146 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo