Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1199 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Conan's Impact
31. Re: returned Aug 1, 2008, 18:38 Xero

I'm shocked to hear they've lost any subscribers considering, AoC was a market hype piece of crap. All the talk about they got so many subscribers and they had more than they expected on launch. It was all just to make people curious about the game, the "buzz" if you will, and try it out. Unfortunately, the buzz is that the game is a piece of crap, and I think 100% will return to WoW in given time. It's just missing the specialness that makes WoW what it is. I feel like I was playing a game trying so hard to just catch up to WoW but falls miserably like so many others.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghostbusters Follow-up
8. No subject Jul 29, 2008, 19:48 Xero

LoL, I was gonna say. I remember IGN showing it off not to long ago and it looked completed already. I was shocked to read it as it would be more a sign of, it's not good enough to release and we can't budget it no more. But good thing that's not the case.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Beta Scalping
10. No subject Jul 26, 2008, 10:28 Xero

Wow...people that can spend $1000 dollars to play in a buggy game that they'll have to eventually pay for monthly once it's released and they buy the completed copy. Makes me wonder how people can throw away money like that for some really dumb shit. Seriously, if my friend told me he just did that, I'd slap him so fucking hard in the face for using money like a women would.

News Comments > Mythos Beta Closes
12. No subject Jul 21, 2008, 15:23 Xero

Worst thing these ex-Blizzard employees could have ever done. Make a company that could try remaking Blizzard games. Stupid, just stupid. Granted Hellgate London doesn't seem like a Blizzard game, think of WoW meets Diablo meets Starcraft and you got Hellgate London. Too bad they aren't Blizzard and thus, once again, another company trying to compete with them goes down. Nobody will make do with imitators that can't do what makes Blizzard games what they are.

News Comments > Flagship Lives!?
6. No subject Jul 15, 2008, 20:40 Xero

I think Flagship forgot to drop the S at the end of games. I guess they forgot they only have 1 game and it ain't even good!

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Trailer
1. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 19:42 Xero

Graphically the game is beautiful and total eye candy. The effects look over the top but to some, it could be too much. I remember so many people complaining the effects in SC2 trailer were too heavy, and it would make playing professional matches harder if you can't see where the units are or where to click with all the explosions. With EA, they don't give a shit about gameplay. It's all about pretty graphics to sell it and decent gameplay second. But it's Red Alert so who cares? Ima definitely get this most likely. RA2 is what really surged me into the RTS genre.

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
41. No subject Jul 13, 2008, 18:36 Xero

John Carmack is just a big nerdy geek with a squeaky voice. Wtf does he know about PC gaming. He worked on a shitty ass Doom 3 that was overhyped just because they took so damn long to make it. Nothing else they've released has been any good. This nerds opinion is meaningless. Wait for Sc2, the world will understand what real E-Sport gaming is all about.

News Comments > Flagship on Hellgate
20. No subject Jul 7, 2008, 22:05 Xero

LoL! Shouldn't have left Blizzard. That's the big mistake.

News Comments > C&C3 Support Apology
10. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2008, 20:35 Xero

Yup, that's what happens when EA takes over C&C. Sad a franchise falls into the hands of them because WW would have released a patch as soon as a problem was found. I can only fear for Red Alert 3 =/

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
56. Re: No subject Jun 28, 2008, 13:45 Xero

" but they make GREAT games.

Blizzard North *made* GREAT games. The last Blizzard Entertainment games were a joke, sorry.
This game just looks more of their kiddy crap. Look at the textures and low poly count, childish spell effects and moves and even more dumbed down game play.

I wonder why so many think Blizzard North is Blizzard.
Blizzard North is gone. Almost all of the members left to different developers in 2005.
Blizzard North made Diablo 1&2. This one looks just like WoW 2.0."

Actually, in a FAQ, Blizzard North was the ones that started working in Diablo 3 before they closed it off. I'm sure most of the developers moved to Blizzard to continue it. It's still in great hands and contrary to everything you said, it doesn't in any way look kiddish. Maybe your still use to the sprite look as everyone was with Starcraft 1. Well now were in 3D and things will look more brighter and texturey(word?). I think the art is fantastic and thats what sets all BLizzard games apart from the rest. They are now taking this game to a new level in the art and if you think that's a bad thing, just don't buy it. You'll be minus 1 outta the 10 million+ that will be playing it.

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
5. No subject Jun 28, 2008, 10:37 Xero

If Blizzard hasn't caused enough hell on competing developers with WoW, imminent SC2, and now they've just sealed the deal with Diablo 3. These people got the best titles under their belt. This game looks amazing already and they've barely showed us anything. I can't wait for this and Sc2. Call me a BLizzard fanboy, but they make GREAT games. I was addicted to everything Diablo, and this will be no different when it hits. I can't wait!

News Comments > Blizzard: Another Day, Another Tease
39. No subject Jun 24, 2008, 19:28 Xero

Man...f**k Diablo 3! I want Warcraft 4...NOW!!!!!

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailer
7. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:19 Xero

Haha, yeah all true comments. I think DoW is it's own game and you'll buy it because of that. It's a different resouce style, different races, and different play mechanics to an extent. I'll buy SC2 without a doubt because I love all Blizzard RTS. They've won me with their support and interfaces which even DoW 1 has no equal with. But, DoW 1 was a whole heck of fun which is why I'll prolly end up picking up DoW 2 even if it doesn't have as long lasting appeal as SC2 will.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailer
1. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 11:29 Xero

Dawn of War 2 will give SC2 a run for it's money. It's already graphically shaping up to probably be superior to SC2 although maybe too shiny are the units. I hate when they get carried away with bump mapping and end up giving units a shiny/glossy look. But it still all looks great.

News Comments > WoW Graphics Reboot Coming?
34. No subject May 16, 2008, 18:22 Xero

Blizzard's smart. Why make a sequel when, what the hell will it be based on? WoW has everything needed in the Warcraft universe. So instead, just update it's graphics and it'll keep people happy that think it's aging. Although I don't think graphics were ever an issue with Blizzard games. I guess having the option would be nice but isn't required. It'll just help breathe new life into the game. But yes, I also don't want it overboard where we see plastic looking bump map the hell out of everything type of graphics. If somehow they can keep their cartoony graphics with some updated effects, and textures, it would be just fine. More polys on the models to give better animations wouldn't hurt either. Humans still run like they got a stick shoved up their a$$.

News Comments > Age of Conan Presales
1. No subject Apr 16, 2008, 20:00 Xero

LoL, such bullshit. They trying to hype it up to make people think it's that big, and get them to see what it's all about. Nobody cares about this lame shit, and when I read, Killer Rhino, I almost fell over laughing. LAME!

News Comments > C&C3 Limited Collection & RA3 Beta
13. No subject Mar 1, 2008, 12:16 Xero

A C&C Limited Edition? That sounds retarded considering the game has already been out for awhile. But you can expect stuff like that from the milk it for every penny at EA. To me, Generals was by far the worst C&C game, period. I'd take Tiberian SUN over that. C&C Red Alert 2 was the best followed by it's expansion. I can only imagine RA3 either breaking or continuing the saga. But those were the good ole Westwood days when C&C was meaningful. Now with EA all over it, it's as good as a dead series just ripping off the old folks who think they'll get a true C&C classic back.
For me, I'm still a Wc3 junkie. Perfect blend of balance, races, micromanaging, heroes, and easy ways to defend rushes. Rush is always part of a strategy, if you can't handle or figure out a way to stop a rush, then RTS isn't for you. It's a simple thing to figure out, once you do, the matches seem to get a lot better from there on out.

News Comments > EA Looks to Take Take-Two
33. No subject Feb 24, 2008, 21:27 Xero

Oh god, the Microsoft of gaming...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! AhhhhhHHHH!

News Comments > Avernum 5 Ships, Demo
1. No subject Feb 18, 2008, 18:15 Xero

Damn, looks like I gotta upgrade my video card for this one...

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Tech Demo Movie
18. No subject Feb 18, 2008, 12:44 Xero

I don't buy it. Everything you can do was written into the code. That means, you will be able to think of a lot of stuff that wasn't written into the code, and thus you can't do. The lightening is cool and all, but haven't we heard about real time lighting and stuff like that a hundred times now? I thought Doom 3 was the official real time lighting game back in the day? Also, they seriously gotta fix that framerate cause it looks unplayable at certain times.

1199 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo