Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1398 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
8. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 14:51 Xero

I hope the people that show up are there just to trash Diablo 3 in front of the developer's faces, lol.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
15. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 10:18 Xero

Why hasn't there been a new Jedi SOMETHING game in a while? Outcast and Academy were AWESOME games. Too many good times in multiplayer duel deathmatch. It was awesome fighting or even spectating those matches.

We need a new one running on Unreal Engine 4!

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
5. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 14:48 Xero

That really sucks. Some great memories with many of their Star Wars titles. Oh well. Another one folds to corporate budget cuts.  

News Comments > SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers?
11. Re: SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers? Apr 3, 2013, 10:56 Xero

Preorder is such a gimmick. While I fall for it generally on Blizzard collector editions just because of the content they provide, I usually hate to. I wish I could buy the collector later on without having to pay more on Ebay...

Preordering was a big thing for me back during my console days of N64. The only real reason for it back then was because there would be no way to get your hands on a copy after launch due to how quickly the titles sold out.

Nowadays when it's just a matter of downloading your copy whenever you want, why the hell would you pay for something before you read/hear the reviews or what the verdict is on it? It's a retarded thing that puts smiles on corporate snakes or predicts a lack of support for the product based on lack of preorders.

If the company knows beforehand that the product is not doing well on preorders when it's all hyped up, I'm sure they put patches and support on the backend...

News Comments > Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans
14. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 08:14 Xero

Armengar wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 04:53:
I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

EVEN the bots don't play Diablo 3 anymore. That's how bad it's gotten. ROFL Wiseguy

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 15:25 Xero

Looks pretty snazzy but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when those 5 or 6 security guards were shooting with assault rifles at him and none of them could hit him, then he turns around and pops nearly all of them. Typical...lol  

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
48. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 12:23 Xero

You know what probably the worst thing is of all? When they finally make that big expansion announcement and promise to fix all things wrong with the game, I think a lot of us who so desperately want to believe they can be fixed, will shell out the $60 or whatever bones and buy the expansion, once again feeding into Blizzard. I'm not saying we buy anything Blizzard puts out, but I think we believe Blizzard will return to the magic they once had.

I hate that I feel this happens and I will probably fall for it, but maybe it's just some sort of faith in the back of my mind and others that had so many great Blizz game moments that they fall for it time and time again. But hey, could this be their first true disaster title?
SC2 is still pretty awesome (chat channels aside), and HoTS is a pretty solid expansion. I haven't followed WoW in some time but generally the players know what to expect with an MMO and expansion releases. Perhaps it's just the Diablo team that is sour?

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry in May
3. Re: Leisure Suit Larry in May Mar 29, 2013, 11:24 Xero

LSLitLotLL would be awesome with just an updated look and just about nothing else touched. Was a very memorable experience in my hay days  

29. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 10:36 Xero

Hellbinder wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 10:33:
eyes.... bleeding.... permanent damage.... xXBatmanXx's... signature... to.... powerful.....

while I am not playing diablo 3.. I have to admit myself that I pretty much have no will when it comes to stuff like this. any game I am playing that has stuff for sale that gives me an advantage or makes it cooler to play... my bank account instantly suffers.

I just kicked out $100 for the firefall beta to get "commander" founder status just to get the motorcycle to ride around on.

I wish I had more discipline and will power but I just don't. this is why I must never play this game.

Haha, you need to better control that. You are Blizzard's key audience in these types of business decisions when making games. If there were "stronger willed" people out there, we'd have less DLCs and no RMAH in my Diablo. lol.

25. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 10:22 Xero

It's like, your doing some co op and see another player of the same class do some cool shiz and your like, woa! What's your skill runes you have selected for each spell? He speaks, you set yours to the same, now, poof! You are just as cool as he is. Awesome!

No not really...

20. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 10:04 Xero

Verno wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 09:51:
Agreed Xero, some permanence of choice lends both investment and validity to the experience. I think Path of Exile struck a nice middle ground there, letting you respec some missteps but if you totally fuck up then you redo your character. The idea that players just want convenience over everything else and can't handle responsibility is silly. The lack of any ladder competition was a very stupid choice too, it was extremely popular in Diablo 2.

They missed the boat on so many things, stripped the experience down to its barest elements and then cashed in on the name. The Blizzard polish and visual pizazz is there but it's an empty shell.

Yeah the art direction is pretty solid, but with the lack of a solid foundation makes this tower collapse under it's weak joints.

I cannot fathom the fact that they believe players want simplicity over complexity when it comes to Diablo which namely Diablo 2 made it's entrance through all the customization and permanence of character development. Having multiple characters of the same class made for awesome build styles and planned paper work on character design beforehand. (not that I ever did that, lol).

Here, with the way that you can respec at will, anybody and everybody can have the exact same character build at any given time and where the hell is the fun in that? It's a bunch of cookie cutter toons running around. Blizz putting simplicity into this meant try to get as much money from all age groups and keep it simple enough that even the total unexperienced gamer can get in on the cash flow.

16. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 09:49 Xero

ASeven wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 09:27:
Translation: "The RMAH isn't bringing as much money as we hoped so we better try and do some spin and talk smack about it in hopes more suckers buy D3."

Or translation, let's talk smack about the RHMAH now in hopes that we can salvage some of the expansion buyers knowing that we don't need to worry about the RMAH ruining that as well.

I honestly think Blizzard will do whatever it takes to clear it's name and try to say, No, don't worry, we promise, the expansion will not have any of this or that in it and it will make up for everything D3 was not. Unfortunately there is too much wrong that even an expansion cannot fix. Namely the fact that there is ZERO character building.

The way they designed the game is no different than a game like Battlefield 3 weapon customization. Simply setup your gun/character the way you see fit for a situation. Switch things around until your comfortable and walah! You've just experienced the character customization... WEAK!

News Comments > Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo
12. Re: Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo Mar 28, 2013, 16:17 Xero

Frijoles wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 12:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 11:05:
did anyone look at the children faces in Bioshock Infinite? My.. FUCKING, God. That is the most horrible animation and facial design for children EVER.

I thought all the NPC models and animations, with exception of Elizabeth, were pretty bad. At least they're easy to ignore, what with them barely interacting with the player.

Didn't someone claim that the lead female character in BIOS Infinite would be the most realistic lead companion ever in a video game? Was that not in reference to the graphics/animations? I haven't played the game so I do not honestly know but the few screenshots I've seen of her make me believe it's not in regards to the graphics, lol.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 11:43 Xero

Just how impressive can an FPS truely be these days? Haven't we seen everything already??? And they talk about the RTS genre growing old back when? During early 2000? I'm sure it wasn't the FPS fans that said that...  

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
23. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 11:15 Xero

I actually forgot Square was a part of the Hitman release. I did hear good things about it... I wonder what's the dileo when good games are actually not selling... Did Square not market these titles well enough?  

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
4. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 09:33 Xero

Sucks to hear that. I thought they backed some really good titles to publish, namely Sleepings Dogs and Tomb Raider, 2 of my current favorite titles I'm playing at the moment...

I'm not sure what's going on in the Final Fantasy world but just my opinion, I thought it lost a lot of steam years ago.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
6. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 11:31 Xero

Frijoles wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:19:
That was over before I could even click the full screen button.

HAHA, true story. Wall

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Mar 25, 2013, 11:22 Xero

Wow.. a 71% performance increase in Tomb Raider? Will I see this with my 560 GTX? That would be awesome if I get a bump like that because I think it runs pretty darn good for the most part...

I also see an update on Sleeping Dogs which is good news for me also since it's my other current playing game... Both published by Square-Enix, just coincidental

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
20. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 14:40 Xero

JeffD wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 14:30
uiboid, how many times in the game are you going to need to be this close to the face? This is perfect for talking head close ups, and then lower resolution fall backs can be used in crowds.

Btw NOIR I actually belive was a 3d digitized face. That is, the face was recorded with 3d cameras and so each polygon mesh of the face was determined and pre-recorded. I think it came out pretty good if not just a little uncanny, but the tech use useless for any on the fly animations. Also the texture rendering is half the work of being belivable. It was just awesome here. I noticed they did transluscent scattering on the ear lobes. Anyone else hate how light scattering has been around a few generations now (dx 10?) and no one uses it? They will make all kinds of glass refractions but anything more opaque then glass and they make it a solid.

[/quote:

Yes, similar to what Crystal Dynamics did with Tomb Raider hair physics. It seems to process a lot less from far away which helps relive some stress on the GPU, but the second they do a closeup, it lags all to hell. It's actually the opposite of what we can expect if this technology really took off.

I can imagine practically zero facial animations during gameplay, but when in-game cinematics/cutscenes break out, then we'll get some awesome closeup shots with extremely believable dialogue between characters. It can really remove any future CGI videos implemented into a game when the in-game graphics/animations can rival them.

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
14. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 11:01 Xero

Techie714 wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 09:53:
WOW that looks REALLY amazing! But I dont expect to be playing games that look like this for another 5-8 years. You would need the consoles to be able to do this, the engine to do this, & the developers willing to use all this technology.

This is what I always preach. We are seeing what a card can do at it's maximum potential. That's all fine and dandy but I'm not buying a card to view a technology demo on it...

When developers actually implement this type of technology into their games which will be a couple years away at least, we will already be on to the next few series of graphic cards that power this technology.

I used to be giddy when I saw these type of technology demos during the Geforce 3,4, fx, and 6 series. Now I just brush them off like sure sure. By the time the games come out that uses that kind of technology, I'll be able to run it on mid ranged price card ($250) with decent/great performance.

1398 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo