Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1096 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
5. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 08:57 Xero

Yes, I do believe this fact to be true as my friend is guilty of this. He shows me his Steam games list and it's like 300 games with probably 200 not even played yet. He just sees a deal and clicks purchase not giving a f*ck about his own cash and whether he really needs the game or not.
Pretty sad society we live in where people live on impulse first before making actual thought out decisions.

Currently playing: Skyrim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs "Ultra Specs"
17. Re: Watch Dogs Apr 14, 2014, 15:07 Xero

My current computer that I've been playing mostly the latest titles with including games like Shadow Warrior and Skyrim, it's got parts dating back from 2008 in it. Aside from the MOBO and CPU, the rest is mostly fine. My vid card is a 560gtx. On the other hand I'm rocking an Intel Quad Core, Q9550, lol. It was awesome for it's time but is showing it's age finally.
An upgrade will be coming in due time but I still don't find any games worth upgrading for...

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 13, 2014, 21:44 Xero

Oh lord, stay the hell away from Sprint. I'm on them and I CANNOT wait to get off. Horrid signal and service. T-Mobile may be my future but if I get a good deal for just around 10 bucks more a month, I'll even go to AT&T or Verizon. I'm so sick of shiiiiet signal and lack of 4G compared to all the other services.
Yesterday I'm at my mother's house and my phone BARELY has 3G signal. Talking 3G with like 2 bars of signal. Couldn't even get a web page loaded for the life of me. My sister's boyfriend is over with the exact same phone on T-Mobile and he had 6 bars of 4G LTE signal. I'm like...FAIL.

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
10. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 9, 2014, 08:01 Xero

Voxels weren't such a bad thing for it's time. The outdoors at least weren't so bad. It was just the buildings that suffered more so. Actually, if they made a DX11 voxel version just to sort of bring back the memories, good and bad, it would be cool.
And yes, it did had an amazing orchestrated score. It felt like I was in an alternate Star Wars universe at times.
If someone played it now, they would probably think the game feels good for a 2014 title. When you realize that it actually came out 15 years ago, it's mind blowing.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Trailer
4. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 07:57 Xero

Sick. While this looks like it could be more of an expansion than a sequel, I'll still take it.
The original was awesome and I actually beat. Was crazy addicting.

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
1. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 8, 2014, 10:04 Xero

That would be awesome. I still own the original. Sick game for it's time. Had lots of good memories playing this one. I would love for a remake.  

News Comments > Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month
13. Re: Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month Apr 3, 2014, 16:52 Xero

Rise of Nations would also be a great remake. That game had awesome concepts and was fun. Loved the industrial buildings.  

News Comments > Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month
4. Re: Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month Apr 3, 2014, 11:08 Xero

AWESOME. Loved this game. To hear it get a slight graphic update I think warrants a purchase because the game itself is rock solid. That being said, I generally haven't bought classics just because they've been refreshed/update graphics, although this most likely will be my first.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
51. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:01 Xero

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:59:
Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:46:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:38:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars Geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc Tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the Nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars Geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their buts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that well apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yaughts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a free engine... Oculus Rift Support please...

Maybe Carmack will come and talk for 18 hours straight...that should get these nerds pumped up to donate $10,000 to become a platinum doner. Seriously...

So your not the only one that thinks these crowd funders are being taken for a ride? Good. This is a frikin scam. I can't believe how many people are falling for it. What game is worth 40 million dollar creation these days? Let me ask, how many people are on the team making the game? Now let's say each person on the team's salary is around 80,000 and I'm being generous, having 10 REALLY SOLID, EXPERIENCED programmers would then eat up 1 million worth of a YEAR salary. Ok, let's double the employees and say he has a team of 20 making each nearly 80,000. Still, that's almost 2million spent per YEAR on their salary BUT not even. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REST OF THE MONEY GOING?!!!!

Ummm you could at least try to get a fucking clue before posting, dude. I'm not a Church of Roberts cultist but when people post dumb shit intervention is required.
Just some quick info: There are currently approximately 200 people working on Star Citizen (only a fraction of them coders... most people are probably involved in art asset creation, modeling, that kind of stuff). There are CIG studios in Austin, Santa Monica, Manchester (UK) and CIG is cooperating with various other studios e.g. in Montreal and in Mexico. This is a very high budget AAA game production.
Whether the end result will be as good as people expect is highly debatable but a scam this is not.

Hahahah, ok, fair post. I honestly had no clue how many people were working on it because I don't care about the game too much but constantly see these millions updated articles. If there are 200 people, I can see then that the millions in budget can get eaten up fairly quickly. I just thought it was worth getting into a salary discussion on just how much could be realistically used for game development vs personal pocketing, lol.
Sorry, made I see just too much evil these days to trust people.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
20. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:46 Xero

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:38:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars Geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc Tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the Nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars Geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their buts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that well apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yaughts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a free engine... Oculus Rift Support please...

Maybe Carmack will come and talk for 18 hours straight...that should get these nerds pumped up to donate $10,000 to become a platinum doner. Seriously...

So your not the only one that thinks these crowd funders are being taken for a ride? Good. This is a frikin scam. I can't believe how many people are falling for it. What game is worth 40 million dollar creation these days? Let me ask, how many people are on the team making the game? Now let's say each person on the team's salary is around 80,000 and I'm being generous, having 10 REALLY SOLID, EXPERIENCED programmers would then eat up 1 million worth of a YEAR salary. Ok, let's double the employees and say he has a team of 20 making each nearly 80,000. Still, that's almost 2million spent per YEAR on their salary BUT not even. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REST OF THE MONEY GOING?!!!!

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Skirmish Mode Trailer
1. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 Skirmish Mode Trailer Mar 29, 2014, 09:55 Xero

How is it this game comes out this year and Age of Empires 3 which came out a whole 9 YEARS AGO still looks better than this turd?
I LOVED the original Stronghold, but that was when it's graphics were correct for it's time. This company has yet to invest into better eye candy. Don't know what they are waiting for. The gameplay isn't much different than when it was first released so the graphics could be something they could look to improve on at this point but nooooo.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
20. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 28, 2014, 08:43 Xero

Highly entertaining. I have the graphics on Ultra and have to admit it looks great. The sword is awesome but can get boring after a few swipes. I do love me some good ole fashion shootin! The pistol has a good feel for it and I've yet to get anything else in my play time...
Might be worth picking it up although I'm really contemplating just waiting until I finally upgrade. My 6 years old PC is being pushed to it's LIMITS at this point.

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
8. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:11 Xero

Yes! Give me those wings!

Honestly, Blizzard could of come up with a better idea than wings... activated the first ones from D3 CE maybe once per each character as soon as I received them and never used them again...

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:19 Xero

I agree. This patch has completely retuned the game to how I think most of us wish it was right out of the box. It's so retuned I think reviews that weren't paid and trashed the game could even go back and rewrite their review on the game based on this patch. In one word that sums up the game, it's that it is, FUN.
I've gotten 2 legendaries drop in 1 session which was awesome and plenty of good gears that replaced all my old ones. The fluidity of combat seems to have improved with much higher monster density and feels very fast and flows greatly. I like all the little annoyance that they removed and when you look back you think, what the hell did they wait for? No more cooldowns on swapping skills or even having to identify rare items. Only Legendary which makes sense I suppose. It's like unwrapping a gift unknowing what's inside.
With all that, I've decided to give the expansion a second look and just may end up purchasing it where had this patch never been released prior to the new expansion, I would have never known how good it was going to turn out.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
5. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:44 Xero

I actually tried the new patch a couple days ago and have to say, the game plays a lot more, dare I say, Fun? The loots are a heck of a lot better that drop and I seem to already have ditched all my previous gears in favor of the new stats on all the new gear drops.
The new skills they added or changed seem appropriate and I feel my character is so much stronger than before. Which is good because they've added so many more monster spawns that your literally running into endless mobs that your smashing through with ease.
If there is one thing I dislike it has to be the way they changed the difficulty where you can change it at any time and no more staged difficulty levels. Sort of feel like this way they've done can get boring eventually although I'll enjoy playing for a bit longer now with the changes. Not sure if I'm ready to pay for the expansion yet though.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
4. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 10:26 Xero

Waaaaay back when Diablo 3 was first announced, I never could of imagined skipping out on any collector's edition Diablo 3 related. Well, it's happened. $80 dollars for what?!  

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
2. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 16:13 Xero

Sacred Gold was awesome. Great buy on Steam sale as I had the original Sacred and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Sacred 2 never attracted me. Looked to be going off a bit from the ARPG course the original had done so well.
I'll wait and see where they take Sacred 3 but I'm hoping for some goodness out of it!

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
25. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:11 Xero

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:07:
Am I losing my mind, or didn't WoW have a trading mechanism where you put the items in and then each side has an opportunity to approve the trade? Borrow some code from across the hall? (Yes, I realize it isn't quite that easy... but the point is valid)

WoW actually has it done right because there is no real money involved outside of your monthly prescription. Blizzard wanted some kind of income out of D3 since they only made money off the initial game sale and that was the end of it.
At this point if they are smart they will incorporate WoW style auction house and leave it at that. No real money required!

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
23. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:08 Xero

I've been a huge advocate against the Auction House since the beginning and well after it's release. I come to realize now that the auction house should stay as long as it's using in-game currency. The real money auction house aspect is what killed the game since Blizzard drove the item drops and loot towards producing the best sales possible to get some of that % of transactions.
What I've come to realize is that it wasn't the auction house in general that was bad, it's just the real money part. If you take away the auction house completely, we won't be able to make trades as easily or readily available as with the auction house. I didn't realize how much fun it can actually be when your trading stuff via the auction house until I gave it a shot. Of course only using in-game currency as that makes the game world still feel very much a live in that the gold that drops from your kills actually have a value some what.
They should leave the auction house for it's main purpose WoW style and kill off the terrible real money aspect as that takes away from any fun and direction the loot has.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Double Dragon: Neon
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Double Dragon: Neon Feb 7, 2014, 08:48 Xero

I'll pick it up when it goes on the super low.  

1096 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo