Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1316 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced Apr 17, 2015, 23:10 Xero

Man, you guys are harsh. Is Battlefield really that bad? Single player campaign was mediocre, OK, but they generally made them for multiplayer in mind. I don't think I ever had a bad experience with lag or latency in any of the Battlefields since 2...

I'm not sure if everyone just jumps in the same complain wagon or are actually experiencing this phenomenon?

Aside from maybe a better interface to select your gears and whatnot in-game, multiplayer has been pretty solid since BF2 and on, and I even loved original 1942 despite more lag those days.

Looking forward to this big time. I don't doubt, DICE will come thru again with another stellar title, or in the case of 90% of you, another miserable game.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 16:38 Xero

siapnar wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:14:
I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance. It's silky smooth with all options set to very high in 1080p, no MSAA, and only high res shadows enabled in advanced options.
The game is gorgeous.

Specs: gtx 970, 3570k, 16gb ram, SSD-hybrid drive

Good to know.

I also have a 970gtx SSC, 16gb PC17k, and an SSD drive for OS. I'll install this game on my standard SATA drive though. Don't think that'll have too much affect on it.
My i7 is the 4760 I believe.

Looking forward to this game if I can ever finish the massive download. It's only been letting me download at around 700kb when I get a chance to let it go. At this rate, I'm lucky if I finish by the end of the month, lol.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games
15. Re: EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games Apr 16, 2015, 15:23 Xero

Rigs wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:39:
I know quite a few people that still play NFS World on a consistent basis and they had no idea this was coming and they are not happy campers (uh, pun not intended). Not that EA ever gave World a chance to begin with, it was always second best to the latest 'AAA' NFS title they had out. I think when The Crew came out and pretty much bottomed out, they looked at World and said, 'that's it! You're done! No more of this shit!'...

The gaming industry feels almost like the job industry nowadays...no prospect for job security, no prospect for game support...geesh...

=-Rigs-=

Well, I think a lot of this has to do with fianicial stability of the company and it's actual passion for the end user...the gamer, the buyer.

Blizzard is financially stable thus, they can continue running servers for their oldest titles, but they don't have to. They choose to because of their devotion to the fans.

EA is financially stable, but the second an older title isn't bringing in any type of revenue, they say, KILL IT.

News Comments > EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games
12. Re: EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games Apr 16, 2015, 09:37 Xero

With that said, you can still play Diablo 1 online. **** YOU EA!

If there is zero money involved, EA cuts the plug as soon as they get a chance. The players, the fans that support the work? Your just $$$ to EA and nothing more.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
41. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 16:08 Xero

For those wondering what the heck is so appealing outside of the obvious shooting and mass murder gameplay, look at the everyday functions you can do or participate in.

Then you ask, wait, but if I can do that in real life, why the hell virtually?

Then ask yourself what was one of the highest selling game franchises in history? Oh THE SIMS. What the hell did that involve again?

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X
6. Re: Ship Ahoy - Mortal Kombat X Apr 14, 2015, 10:18 Xero

You guys are pretty damn bad if you need simpler inputs than what the combinations already are.

They have been simplied since the SNES, Sega, PS1 days. Try pulling off all the fatalities that involve the UP arrow, rofl.

Any easier, what the hell is the point of even playing a game like this? Why don't you ask for a 1 press WIN button?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
200. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 08:45 Xero

Reading all your comments and looking forward to the day the PC finishes the download, lol.

I'm in a tussle where I don't leave my PC on while I'm at work because it pisses off the wife claiming electricity is being used/wasted with PC on and the time I have remaining before I hit the sack after work is probably a mere 2-3 hours.

Hopefully this game can be finished downloading before Friday at my rate, lol.

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 12:09 Xero

You guys convinced me and I jumped on the GMG deal. I figure, OK. I'll play the crap out of it without Steam, and when Steam has it on sale for $5 dollars in 4 years, I'll add it to my Steam library then

After all, what in heck did I build this rig for!? Let's git it on!

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:11 Xero

Dacron wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:03:
No, for GMG which downloads through Rockstar, a client downloader just for GTA V.

Still downloads fast, just no steam. Crew is done through Rockstar Social club, so all you miss is achievements/joining steam friends/steam stuff.

Bah, that sucks. I prefer all my games Steam associated when possible. Keeping everything under 1 umbrella makes life easy.

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:02 Xero

Placid wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:06:
Have fun guys! Im stumped financially at the moment, and can't afford to buy GTAV at this time. I hope I can jump on board next month, but the way the shit is hitting the fan lately I might be out of a job next month. Then there is also the Witcher3, which is contending for my gaming $$$. Tough decisions, tough decisions....

Best price I can find is 46.79
http://www.dealzon.com/deals/grand-theft-auto-v

This is for a Steam key?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
21. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 15:51 Xero

lol, these speedruns should be titled exploitation runs. That's what most of them amount to and are no different than speed ladder climbers in games like Diablo during a season reset.

They find the most common dropping highest XP monsters to constantly farm that will give them the fastest level ups possible to speed their way to 100 or whatever level cap for your preferred RPG.

Most of these speedruns, whatever they are involve finding the right glitches and exploits, even jumping your character if that somehow makes him move faster to get to the end faster. It's not really fun or realistic in terms of playing the game as intended while trying to skip dialogue only and cinematic.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 10, 2015, 09:58 Xero

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:24:
Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:45:
"Just head on over to your local private tracker and get the game for $0. From the look of your signature you're already jumping between over a dozen games, so I think you'll keep busy enough either way.

Too much emotional hype-buying around here these days. I almost long for the days when nearly every title was shrugged off as "Eh, I give it an 8/10, will wait for $5 bargain bin."

Honestly, the thought crossed my mind.

I have no doubt I'll pay for it when the price drops, lol. But until then I need my fix. I hate to go abouts this way but hey, times are tough, and I got other "priority" things to use my money on such as...rent.

With that said though, I didn't build this monsta rig for nothing! I had GTA5 in mind as I was installing it piece by piece! As I laid down the 970gtx, I said, GTA5, you are not worthy of this machine! Muwuahah!

Now that it's built, I feel like an ass for not buying the game immediately, lol.

? "Times are tough" but you bought a super nice rig? You remind me of a family member who cries when her car breaks down but posts her new tattoos on facebook.

Grow up. Buy the game, don't be that guy.

I didn't just "buy a rig". I put it together piece by piece which I had to spread out over a couple months. That means, part by part from each paycheck. It was a struggle...

So now it's built but I still have struggles, lol.

Like I said, I have other priorities which obviously building the PC didn't sound like one but I was able to bump it up as one because I felt I was due for an upgrade finally.

GTA5...priority? Not really but I do want to try it. I've been pretty good at waiting on things (such as buying my rig parts piece by piece), but reading constant updates on this game hasn't helped, lol.

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
10. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 10, 2015, 09:13 Xero

Am I the only one who wishes for a Divinity 2 style remake or return? The 3rd person action RPG style with the ability to transfer to Dragon? It was awesome and even to this day I would still fire it up once in a while.

Using the latest technology, it could be an awesome game if done right.

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 12:07 Xero

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:55:
Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:45:
I have no doubt I'll pay for it when the price drops, lol. But until then I need my fix. I hate to go abouts this way but hey, times are tough, and I got other "priority" things to use my money on such as...rent.
Don't be that guy. If you can't afford it don't play it.
The game is $30 from nuuvem I don't think it will be much cheaper than that any time soon.

I can't use nuuvem according to the website. Doesn't support my region...

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 11:45 Xero

"Just head on over to your local private tracker and get the game for $0. From the look of your signature you're already jumping between over a dozen games, so I think you'll keep busy enough either way.

Too much emotional hype-buying around here these days. I almost long for the days when nearly every title was shrugged off as "Eh, I give it an 8/10, will wait for $5 bargain bin."

Honestly, the thought crossed my mind.

With that said though, I didn't build this monsta rig for nothing! I had GTA5 in mind as I was installing it piece by piece! As I laid down the 970gtx, I said, GTA5, you are not worthy of this machine! Muwuahah!

Now that it's built, I feel like an ass for not buying the game immediately, lol.

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 10:06 Xero

Whyyy must you torturee meeeeeeeee!???

Do not make me shell out 60 clams for this. I will not!

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
59. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 08:56 Xero

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:27:
Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:23:
Damn, I'm so excited for this game all a sudden and I don't even plan on buying it at full price. Aaaaargggh! Why! oh Why! I wish game prices were dead locked in so I wouldn't get buyer's remorse so heavily. Knowing this game will drop like an anchor in price in the next 6 months or so has me aching to pay full price. What oh what do I dos?

You don't have to pay full price, GMG, nuveem, G2A are a few places you can get this game cheap.
I got my key from nuuvem for $37 CDN, which is around $30US
I doubt this game will be this cheap on Steam in the next 6 months

I like G2A and have gotten some deals off there but I've been keeping an eye on GTA5 there and the price hasn't budged any different than on Steam.

I'm also aiming for the Steam key because I do prefer all the automated patching and updates Steam gives the game. Not to mention it's just easier having 1 goto application for all my games.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
56. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 08:23 Xero

Damn, I'm so excited for this game all a sudden and I don't even plan on buying it at full price. Aaaaargggh! Why! oh Why! I wish game prices were dead locked in so I wouldn't get buyer's remorse so heavily. Knowing this game will drop like an anchor in price in the next 6 months or so has me aching to pay full price. What oh what do I dos?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 15:24 Xero

I'm excited for those dishing out the $60 full price. I on the other hand will wait for a deal or price drop. Got plenty to stay busy with meantime.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
18. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 7, 2015, 08:40 Xero

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 08:20:
Quinn wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 05:28:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 03:00:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 00:31:
Bradley wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 20:37:
That dialog is horrible.

The dialog is very similar to what you'd find in the books.

Really? The books use "Yeah" and "Gotcha?"

Huh? I guess it's because my mother language is foreign that I don't see the problem with "Yeah" and "Gotcha", unless it's some king or general that says it. I haven't seen the vid yet.
Am I the only find it kind of out of place when the guards swear and say fuck? I don't think they've cursed like that back in the day, but I might be wrong. Just seem strange

This can't get any stranger than in the game, Styx: Master of Shadows. The dude is like a goblin/orc/troll fellow and you hear f bombs and other derogatory remarks in a medieval dark fantasy environment.

Seemed really out of place not to mention the voice provided to Styx doesn't sound right to begin with. Very odd choices.

As far as this video goes, crappy quality aside, it looks pretty good. Never played the original and maybe 3 minutes of the 2nd and didn't care too much for it but this one might have me attempt it just for the graphics to show off on my new rig if anything.

Between this and GTA5 I think my sandbox world is complete. (still working on Sleeping Dogs)

1316 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo