Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1360 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Hitboxes "Being Worked On"
6. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Hitboxes May 22, 2015, 12:36 Xero

Axis wrote on May 22, 2015, 09:41:
I never liked CS GO, its a runners-up prize for people who missed CS, complete with CODish unlocks and a moba-type-asshole community.

Some servs were ok to be fair, but I never desired to sink any time in like I did CS.

This isn't accurate. All you get are skin unlocks once in a blue moon that are for looks, nothing more.

As far as the community goes, I don't see it any different than any other typical shooter game. I never played CoD so I don't know that community but I'm sure it's full of whiny 10 year olds as they seem to be the age group for that games audience.

CS Go still has some of the original CS players which to me, can't get any more hardcore than that. I myself am an original Counter Strike beta 1.4 player, so I go way back. Finding those similar is an awesome experience, because we are basically chatting about an experience that is nearly 15 years old now. Imagine that?

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 22, 2015, 09:22 Xero

Glad to read continued glowing reviews on the be quiet! Pure Rock CPU cooler. I actually learned about it and bought it based off a review link posted on Blues months ago. For the money, you can't find a better cooler. I believe I paid $30 or $35 on Newegg when I built my rig. Totally worth it.

It provides awesome fan based cooling and you can't hear a thing. Installation was easy because it does not require you to remove the mobo (Thank God). It went in quite easily with the only issue being you might have to raise the fan height due to memory stick clearance. As noted in many reviews, just make sure your memory sticks aren't too tall, otherwise the fan will not clear it. Mine required me to adjust the fan a few MM north to clear the memory but overall not that major of an issue for me.

It looks great and I've gotten plenty of compliments from my nerd friends when they swing by. It's quite a looker thru the case window to see the big tower staring back at you with the be Quiet! logo ontop.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Hitboxes "Being Worked On"
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Hitboxes May 22, 2015, 09:16 Xero

Interesting. I wonder if this is related to something I've noticed where I'm not far from my enemy and unloading an entire clip at them in a crouched position to really limit inaccuracy and the bullets are clearly going at the target but not doing enough dmg to kill them.

It's like we literally are trading bullets at close range but my shots aren't killing despite being very close to target and the entire clip is nearly emptied on them.

I've experienced this NUMEROUS times and it feels like something is wrong. I keep questioning, is it that body armor is just that good at protecting them from that many shots? Not sure what's up.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
25. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 16:22 Xero

What's you guys verdict on the quality of graphics of this vs on the PS4 and Xbox? On another forum, there many claiming it looks better on the PS4, lol.

Just thought I'd share a laugh.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
71. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 10:26 Xero

Based off this performance chart - http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/The_Witcher_3/3.html

It looks there is only a 6fps gain between a 970 and 980 at 1920by1080 which is my standard gaming resolution. Quite impressed with the 970 solo. Hair turned off as well for this chart.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
6. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 10:19 Xero

rofl. Banning players sure saves money on those server upgrade costs! Har har! In reality, YAY FOR THE BANSTICK! Teach those low life scummy parasites a lesson! Yar!  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 07:58 Xero

InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 04:00:
Slick wrote on May 20, 2015, 03:32:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:07:
I'd have to say around 4.5, 5 GB max. HOTS is going on the backburner for a while, until I finish or get bored with the WitcherIII. The open beta and eventual release is very welcome. The game needs a large player base for the matchmaking to work, right now its fubared.

how is it fubared? i've been playing for the last month, and only a handful of times has it taken longer than 60-70 seconds to find a match. once it took 250 seconds, but that was a 1 time anomaly. played maybe 50 matches so far.

Slick.1980 i play a mean hammer

Im not talking technically, that has the typical Blizzard polish. Im talking about matching people of similar skill levels. I play Hero League almost exclusively now, and it's just not working. There are not enough players with a similar Win/Loss record (or rank) so usually one or both teams end up with at least 1 terrible player who ruins the game for everyone else.

I think Blizz is using the same matchmaking that they started with Warcraft 3 and carried on into SC2. It was quite predictable to know when I would lose a match or win before it even began just by looking at the player levels during the loading screen. I mostly did 3v3s.

It was like, if your team is high level and your against 3 low levels, good chance those low levels are going to steam roll you because they did so good at low level that they are taking a crack at high level. Another matchup type was you have 2 low levels and 1 real high level. That high level probably sucks real bad but was matched up with the 2 low levels because he has so many wins despite equally as many if not more losses so the dude generally sucks hardcore.

This all probably makes no sense but when you play enough Warcraft 3 online, it was all highly predictable. Not saying you couldn't break from the formula, but you had to be on your A game and practically carrying the team.

52. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 16:53 Xero

HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:46:
So, I'm running a pair of 970s, with everything cranked except the hair. Runs great, riiiight up until it locks up. Seems to always happen during a non-interactive scene, right after the camera changes. Done it several times now, and I'm only to the first little village.

I don't doubt it's some issue with SLI. I can stand to wait it out for a couple patches.

So it sounds like your running on equal performance as a single 970gtx but when you go that extra step further, it brings it down. What's the point of having 2 970s again? lol

Not hating on it, just stating what I'm hearing. I own a 970gtx and from what I hear, basically you can max it out minus the hair just as you stated. Does that mean it's even worth it to SLI 2 970s?

Obvious answer is YES, but when it comes to down $$$ vs performance, still worth it? At that point 1 980 gtx? Hmmm???

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 19, 2015, 10:51 Xero

Looks real good. Can see a lot of polishing can take this far. Hoping they put a lot of effort in to making this a great game.

30. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 10:35 Xero

So what's the verdict?

Worth 50 clams or bargain bin? I kind of regret falling for the GTA5 hype as it definitely wasn't worth the $45 I paid for it...

With that in mind, would another open world be worth $40+?

Not sure if I'm getting sick of them or I just don't have as much time on my hands for them.

I do like the medieval fantasy environment but I never dug the Witcher character in general. I'm open to trying it again though.

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Announced
1. Re: Cossacks 3 Announced May 19, 2015, 10:23 Xero

Kind of crazy that I remember downloading the original Cossacks many a years ago and the series is still going after then. Don't got much interest in it though.  

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
12. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 14:51 Xero

From what I heard from people that went to an event last year that revealed Doom very early to them, it's much like old school Doom. Lots of corridors and run and gun shooting gameplay.

No more of Doom 3's cheap scare spawns where you pick up an item and something spawns immediately behind you. Also the pacing of Doom 3 was very weak. Too slow for an official Doom sequel. I understand they wanted to show off the graphics more than anything and they were aiming at a more story oriented Doom, but let's face it, it more or less sucked.

This one is suppose to go back to basics so while that graphic engine displayed for 4 seconds in this clip didn't look all that great, I think the gameplay is going to more than make up for the game visually.

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
5. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 11:33 Xero

Darks wrote on May 14, 2015, 10:41:
Xero wrote on May 14, 2015, 10:37:
I need a good reason to get back into this game. I keep going in for a moment and getting bored and leaving for months on end, lol.

Perhaps I'm not sure which direction to go after getting to the end game. Do you just do Rift runs? Is there anything else to do?

Thats really all there is to do, Trying to run Rifts so you can upgrade your gems.

You can run adventure mode, but the only reason to really do that is to get certain uniques that only drop from the bounty boxes and keys.

Nothing else really.

What's the point of upgrading your gems again?

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
3. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 10:37 Xero

I need a good reason to get back into this game. I keep going in for a moment and getting bored and leaving for months on end, lol.

Perhaps I'm not sure which direction to go after getting to the end game. Do you just do Rift runs? Is there anything else to do?

News Comments > Overwatch Video
7. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 10:33 Xero

I'm not sure what to think.

I believe Blizzard should just stick with what they do best. Action RPGs, RTS, and dab into another MMORPG maybe? FPS doesn't seem all that great because there are so damn many out there that do most of it better.

This looks weak in many different areas. The voice overs get annoying quick. The animation looks smooth but gets old fast, and maybe I'm used to playing more mature looking FPS such as Counter Strike and Battlefield likes, but this was too colorful for me and "clean". At least Team Fortress 2 which has similar palette lets you gib opponents and make a bloody mess from time to time to remind you what your playing.

Not digging it but it is alpha and tons can change as seen in Heroes of the Storm alpha. From graphic improvements to obvious gameplay enhancements.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 07:40 Xero

As much as I and a lot think it's redonkulus that they keep pushing these out yearly, there has to be a nice sales figure in order to keep doing it. Somebody is buying whether it's not you or me.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
14. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 10:33 Xero

Lol, the expectations these days.

I got this game for a decent sale price waaaay below what it launched for but probably more than I'd have liked to pay

With that said, I got stuck almost immediately in the game as there are zero hints or clues provided where to go. The sad part, I ended up looking at a walk-through to find out where to go and I could tell the walk-through dude got stuck at the exact same spot because the video was cut and re-edited to look like he just continued on seamlessly. He must of got stuck also and watched ANOTHER walk-through to figure out where to go. This was right in the beginning areas...Within probably the first 40 minutes of gameplay...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm: Kael'thas Trailer
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm: Kael'thas Trailer May 8, 2015, 08:06 Xero

Where da hell is the Blade Master?
At this point, throw in every Warcraft 3 hero.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 8, 2015, 08:05 Xero

Someone needs to drop the nail in AC coffin already. This series has gone on waaaaay too long. Has it already eclipsed Resident Evil? A franchise from the 90s that has numerous spin offs and sequels? lol  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 15:39 Xero

harlock wrote on May 7, 2015, 15:23:
The Half Elf wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:49:
Cutter wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:06:
Motherfucker is that ever gory! Cyclops though! Never see enough of them in CRPGs for some reason. Always loved the cyclops since the old Sinbad flick as a kid.

I see your Sinbad, and raise you Krull!

krull is legend

Crazy, I had a random moment at work that told me to watch this movie this weekend(own the DVD), and then I read your comments here today. Scary actually, lol.

1360 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo