Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1290 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
34. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 16:20 Xero

Honestly, if EA put their money into DICE to get a space version of Battlefield going, they will have something easily that can compete if not beat this and put it out a lot quicker with their muscle backing it.

I just picture Battlefield 4 type cutscenes using the in-game graphics, life like character animations, and vehicle physics, incorporated into a space environment and done deal.

It wouldn't be too hard, just have to come up with a hocus pocu storyline and they are good to go to throw in all the variables needed.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:38 Xero

Zor wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:27:
Xero wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:14:
Same here. Installed it Saturday night to see wtf it was all about.

I honestly had no clue what the hell I was doing as they drop you in a hanger and you kind of aren't told anything.

I managed to get into the ship as that seemed like the obvious thing to do and chose I guess free roam or whatever it was called. I expected the hanger doors to open and I can fly out as seen in the demo videos. Instead it just loaded me immediately into space.

All in all, it ran great but seemed like it had no purpose. I would of preferred they shared something a bit more complete than just a technology show. I was impressed for 5 minutes and then quit to go back into CS GO, lol.

lol, well, that's not a surprising experience if you went in blind. It definitely wouldn't hurt if the launcher had more tutorial info or basic new user info on what there is to do once you load in, what to look for, and how and why to give feedback.

The purpose, so far, is testing and feedback. There really isn't a cohesive game yet and won't be for much of the year, if this year at all. Many parts of it are in concurrent development across their studios and as those parts are fitted together, it will hopefully start to look more like a real game.

I get you, but it's not a good impression for those that aren't following all the hype and updates on the game. All I know is the game has a ton of backers with a whole heck of a lot of money. Now as an unawared gamer who just got his hands on a "demo", I would say it was a bad impression.

Of course if I knew this was a technology demo in advance that just shows the graphics and that's about it, I would of gone in with less expectations.

Now that you filled me in, I'll try this again in a year.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

7. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:14 Xero

Same here. Installed it Saturday night to see wtf it was all about.

I honestly had no clue what the hell I was doing as they drop you in a hanger and you kind of aren't told anything.

I managed to get into the ship as that seemed like the obvious thing to do and chose I guess free roam or whatever it was called. I expected the hanger doors to open and I can fly out as seen in the demo videos. Instead it just loaded me immediately into space.

All in all, it ran great but seemed like it had no purpose. I would of preferred they shared something a bit more complete than just a technology show. I was impressed for 5 minutes and then quit to go back into CS GO, lol.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
17. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 21:32 Xero

Downloading this shieeeet just to see what the hell all this 80+ million dollar fuss has been all about.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V in Spring 2016?
6. Re: Street Fighter V in Spring 2016? Mar 9, 2015, 08:57 Xero

Jackplug wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 23:53:
This game is full of so much eye candy stuff it just turns your stomach, all the fancy pilot console animations with lovely ship damage.

In the end when all this is fancy anims has done it's stuff, what it all boils down to when all this eye candy shit vanishes is the gameplay and the gameplay is what people want to play. I can only see that this game will fall into the same category as all the rest of the 3rd/1st person space shooters, but with a difference, it has a 80m price tag!

Uuuuh, I guess if Street Fighter and Star Citizen had a baby, this post might make some sense, lol

News Comments > Street Fighter V in Spring 2016?
4. Re: Street Fighter V in Spring 2016? Mar 8, 2015, 23:50 Xero

"Which one you most looking forward to?

Street Fighter V Remix
Street Fighter V vs IV
Street Fighter Underpants Dance

There's more coming, but those seem to be top priority regurgs... "

This is kind of funny to me because a couple days ago I was thinking of buying Street Fighter IV on Steam and when I typed it in, I got like 20 versions of the damn game.

I had no clue which was the latest and greatest and what did I need, not need. In the end I decided, I do not need this game. lol

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
33. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:26 Xero

Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:18:
Okay then. Ordered. I'll pick it up on the way home.

BB also has Heart of the Swarm for 10 bucks. I might buy that too.

I can't believe I'm going to a best buy. First time in years.

The expansion is totally worth it. It's one of the best things Blizzard did to fix Diablo 3. The Crusader class is a blast to play with. While the game eventually gets into it's usual rut where it becomes a tad boring, it's a total blast until you reach that moment, lol.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
32. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:25 Xero

Hahah, I can imagine Diablo 3 in it's early release form where everything was geared to funnel you into the Real Money Auction House.
The Blizzard CEO tells the Diablo 3 devs to play the game and they say, hell no, that game sucks.

lol.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams Mar 6, 2015, 08:01 Xero

Never even played the first but I heard good things about it. A lot people even claimed it as their game of the year. I would definitely like a run thru that one before seeing what this sequel is all about.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 11:21 Xero

BF3 Premium pissed me off. BF4 and all it's DLCs and Premium crap pissed me off worse. I'm done with all future BF games officially.  

News Comments > Trine 3 Announced
3. Re: Trine 3 Announced Mar 2, 2015, 11:16 Xero

As soon as I read this I came here to say, YES, I AM READY! But then I watched the trailer and I'm a tad worried. I understand they want to change it up a bit as the first 2 were similar in a sense, but that wasn't a bad thing. Both are awesome games.

Now they are adding full 360 degree movement in some areas and vertical movement areas. Hopefully it doesn't get too nuts and still manages to be a heck of a lot of physics fun with the addictive gameplay of the first two.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

BTW-Was it just me or did those graphics look cruddy? Taken from console version perhaps?

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Next Month
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Next Month Feb 25, 2015, 16:27 Xero

Looking forward to it.

Had a blast with the original. One of the few games I can say I beat that I own on Steam, lol.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 15:24 Xero

descender wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 15:20:
How do you find it short? Easy, yes... short? Really? Are you just running straight to the quest markers and fast-travelling everywhere without ever dying?

It's a sandbox game so... you are usually responsible for how much time and enjoyment you get out of it based on how you choose to play. If you skip over all of the collectibles and warp around the game world instantaneously... then complain about the length of the game, well... that's just a special brand of stupid.

I think I probably put ~15 hours into just the first map before moving on to the second.

Game difficulty was a major public complaint before I started playing so I have adjusted my play style accordingly. I refuse to fast travel unless I am advancing time (and I actually advance time more often than i need to bulk up the uruks). I haven't purchased a single health/focus or arrow upgrade and I skipped over a few of the more overpowered skill unlocks (Crit II, blade master, double charge, etc). I also haven't unlocked the "super move" for each weapon either, as they just seem ridiculously unnecessary. I also won't use any immunity runes (ex. poison).

I assume that's where my extra playtime is going but... it's not like I'm dying repeatedly or wasting a lot of time wandering into unneeded fights. I collect the white things in each area first, then do the weapon challenges, then clear the slave riots. Once I did all of that I pushed the story markers to get to the second map. Now I'm basically doing the same thing there... I think my total playtime is upwards of 40 hours total at this point.

This. I honestly don't know how much I've spent on the beginning map but I JUST got to the second map. I probably put a good 15 hours into the first map... That was me trying to get everything possible and I still haven't done that to 100%.

If you just rush you way through it and complain, there is no hope for your gaming life. lol

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 13:52 Xero

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:11:
I really need to get a new vid card to replace my lemon r9 280x. I haven't even finished the main game yet, and I would love to get back into it. I just need to figure out what card to get though.

Runs silky smooth on my 970gtx SC maxed out.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
11. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 11:59 Xero

Never played it on console or watched any videos on youtube just about aside from trailers.

They can take as long as they like for all I care. Looking forward to it but I got plenty to stay busy while I wait

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 11:55 Xero

That is pretty cool. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
43. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 16:03 Xero

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 12:15:
Xero wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 12:11:
YES! Free gaming voucher for GTA5=60 bucks worth, I'm game for that

I think you're being slightly optimistic as to how fast this class action lawsuit will come to fruition.

You might get a voucher for GTA6 though!

lol, sorry, I guess I got caught up in the excitement

23. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 12:11 Xero

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:53:
Jamil20 wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 10:58:
I actually think this probably was some miscommunication between marketing and engineering and not some intentional attempt at deception. That said, the 970 is no slouch. I would like to get one, but the 770 fits the bill for now. Looking forward to Pascal.

Agreed, it'd be a batshit stupid thing to try and intentionally pull off. Too much risk of being caught and too little benefit to try and pull it.

That being said; if Nvidia came up with some sort of freebie program for 970 owners that are a little less future proofed than originally thought it'd go a long way to easing the complaints. It's too minor an issue and I'm too apathetic to demand anything otherwise.

YES! Free gaming voucher for GTA5=60 bucks worth, I'm game for that

14. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:39 Xero

What's the rest of your specs? I built in December a nice rig and got Shadows of Mordor late December. I have to say, it runs smooth as butter maxed out completely at all moments.  

6. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:11 Xero

I love my 970gtx (with the exception of coil whine, damn EVGA) but I'm down to get compensated in anyway, lol.  

1290 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo