Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1431 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming
10. Re: Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming Aug 26, 2015, 21:08 Xero

I got Turok 1 on launch week for N64. Ah the great memories. I remember originally saying, wtf is up with the controls, and then got used to it and wouldn't have an FPS in the N64 any other way.

Turok 2 was awesome in it's own right but I still remember having better times on Turok 1.

Remember the expansion pack they sold for N64 to increase the memory by 4mb and that actually helped Turok 2 run so much smoother? lol

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
2. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 12:59 Xero

I think the part where there is no upgrading your characters anymore and discovering chests is a major bummer. There was always that enjoyment of level hunting for orbs and chests that made the first two a blast.

In this one, what I hear, you start and end the game with your character exactly the same throughout with no upgrades and improvements. That's a major bummer and shocking they let it release that way.

In all honestly, the full 3D originally caught me by surprise when it was shown the first time and I thought, damn, I actually preferred Trine as an awesome 2D scroller platform game. It's what I felt made it very unique. Taking the game into full 3D puts it back with the rest of every other similar platform game out there.

Really, aside from having the Trine name attached to it, what makes it really stand out at this point from the rest? They didn't cram enough goodness in to it to make it that much different.

Here's hoping 4 (if it ever releases at this point), goes back to basics and they come back to 2D scroller with all that made the first 2 great.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Trine 3 Released
7. Re: Trine 3 Released Aug 22, 2015, 11:41 Xero

I've played the first 2 solo and had a blast. Don't see why I won't here...

Looking forward to it when the price drops a tad.

EDIT-The Steam reviews are bashing the game for being too short, too limited, and basically a downgrade from the first two. Not a good sign.

I had high hopes for this game. Not sure I want to give $$$ for a downgrade of the first two considering my hopes are that each one tops the last one. What happened here Frozen Byte???

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
7. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 22:21 Xero

By the way, after all this RE remake, can I get a DINO CRISIS remake??? HELL YEAH!  

6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 22:21 Xero

Dachande wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 17:17:
Finally!!

What puzzles me is why they say they couldn't remake RE2 until now after wasting time on pretty pointless HD remakes of RE 1 and RE 0.

Oh well, better late than never

I don't think the RE1 remake was pointless as it sold a ton of copies so there definitely was an audience for it. I think RE Zero on the other hand is a waste of time and could probably be scrapped to better focus on RE2. Heck, even RE3 Nemesis would be a more worthy remake than Zero.

4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 14:16 Xero

Considering they have nothing to go off of besides um you know, the actual original RE2, this gives them great room to use a graphic engine with amazing effects while retaining all of the original's angles and scenes.

Meaning, Resident Evil 1 was remade on Gamecube so the HD import wasn't all that difficult. RE2 has nothing remade in the past so it's a fresh remake (if that makes sense lol).

Bring it on!

News Comments > The International Results
28. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 07:53 Xero

I don't mind people getting paid for doing something they do really well and entertain others for. I just hate the terms e-Sport or was the other one, e-athletes?

I'm sorry but playing with a mouse and keyboard is not a sport, nor are you an athlete by any stretch of the imagination.

When you don't have to put your body through a grueling exercise to show your physically better than the average Joe and compete at the high level physically in whatever sport your doing, your not an athlete.

Any nerd can pick up a mouse and keyboard and be physically the same. The only difference is how much time you devote to learn the game vs a real athlete who can devote plenty of time to the game, but if he's not physically fit/in shape, it don't mean jack sh!t.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Syndicate Gameplay Video
7. Re: Assassinís Creed Syndicate Gameplay Video Aug 7, 2015, 15:09 Xero

Maybe, JUST maybe, after this one, AC fades away into obscurity??? Maybe?  

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
5. Re: Journey of the Light Stean Refunds Aug 7, 2015, 09:28 Xero

Man, Valve/Steam needs to seriously review these games before green lighting them. At this point they would green light a pile of sh!t and they wouldn't know.

It's getting worse than the Google Play store.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
15. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:09 Xero

Game comes out right in line with the Fury Road movie hitting DVD/Blu Ray.

I rather pick up the movie and watch it a few hundred times than probably this one.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer
4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:07 Xero

My favorite Russian invasion game still remains to be Freedom Fighters by IO. Good memories.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 HD Hints
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 HD Hints Aug 2, 2015, 21:54 Xero

RE2 was the first PC game I ever paid for. Platinum Edition to be exact!

Still remember buying the game and not having a PC to play it on, lol. I would just stare at the box art and read the manual over a hundred times until my parents finally bought our first PC. I believe that was in 1998.
BTW-If someone wants to buy this copy off me, I still own it including the original box!

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
19. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 08:02 Xero

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:40:
Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:00:
Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.

Nvidia has been trying to fix that for three weeks now, glad to see they're on top of things.

I was referring to the Windows 10 upgrade. The Nvidia drivers installed fine as usual.

I read some fixes to get Windows 10 to install, but didn't try them as I was reading the fixes in bed on my phone. Looks like I could have set the date/time clock forward a day so it tricks Windows in to thinking it's officially the unlock day for all, but I didn't get to try it. Perhaps today it will just install fine.

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
10. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 29, 2015, 22:00 Xero

Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.  

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released
5. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released Jul 29, 2015, 08:17 Xero

Oh the good times I had when I'd go over to my cousin's house and he'd fire up King's Quest via MS DOS. Good memories. Then when I scored me a CARTRIDGE of King's Quest 5 for NES, it was like I found gold. I would literally beat the game in one sit thru each time I'd fire it up. Loved that game.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
24. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 08:15 Xero

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 02:30:
Fuck Diablo3. They took everything that was good about Diablo2, threw it away, copied shit from WoW, introduced butterfly witches and retarded archangels named 'Imperius', added some more WoW shit, then excreted it out for our gaming pleasure. D3 is seriously Blizzard's worst fail ever. No ammount of fixing will get it anywhere near the quality of even Path of Exile let alone Diablo2:LOD...

This is true. As much as I try to keep going back to D3 since beating it with every class, I just can't. It's so damn boring, whatever they keep adding is good for a week enjoyment maybe and your done and bored again.

I don't remember having that same issue so much with D2. I think because the builds were more serious and solid in that if you made a mistake, it was your fault and pretty much required a restart. It made serious thinking instead of, whoops, hit the wrong skill/spell, let me go back and reselect the correct one. Too easy=boring.

Blizzard would call that, taking frustration out of the game by removing permanent choice. I call that, babying a franchise.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
3. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 09:31 Xero

Oh my oh my. If only I could of pushed myself further to beat Mafia 2 as it had plenty of great moments.

Mafia 1 holds a special place in my heart Smitten I beat it while being fully engrossed by the story and characters. I felt like I was playing a full blown Mafia familia story. Awesome ending to cap it off.

Looking forward to see what they put out with this one.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
13. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 24, 2015, 15:38 Xero

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:05:
Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 08:07:
Man, this exclusive crap is such BS. Do console makers honestly think by holding a title hostage for a few months or a year will make me pay $300-400 for the console just for that title? GTFO.

They honestly don't know what else to do.

The only typical evil greed theory I can think of is that when the title is released the first time, they can lay off all the new hires that they took on to create the initial game. Once it's done and put out, they fire them. Now they have the core build of the game and they in a sense can re-release it a year later and get a whole lot of new revenue and not have all the overhead to pay for it that they initially did. Kind of like a double dip.

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
8. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:19 Xero

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:44:
Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:30:
It's interesting they got themselves into a game like this but I don't dig too much ranged action RPG style games, even if this isn't RPGish.

In Diablo, I think the range classes are the least appealing to me (especially the Demon Hunter), as it's not as fun as getting up close and slashing a demon apart melee combat style.

Although for some reason, mage classes with range spells can be fun at times which is similar idea. I guess seeing thicker ranged damage effects is funner than seeing a tiny bullet or not even seeing the bullet. Thus your just clicking on a creature from far away and seeing it explode. Not that exciting...

I don't know what game you're playing, but pretty much all of the ranged attacks in Diablo 3 have extravagant visual effects.

That is what I said in my post, thus the reasoning for enjoying playing as the Wizard for example. But in this game, when a bullet is simple or not even seen, it's not as fun. It gets tiring quick.

Look at Hatred. I mean that's just an all around bad game, but even made worse by the fact that the shooting in isometric gets old quick.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
3. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 10:53 Xero

Looks like the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 got his own game and it takes place within the expansion act, lol.  

1431 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo