Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1150 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
17. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 16:33 Xero

MacLeod wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 15:07:
I've never understood the hate for Blizzard. In truth, except for the mis-step that was Diablo 3, I haven't seen much that they're creatively falling apart. I mean, Did I agree with a lot of their WoW decisions? No. But I also never felt that they weren't doing what they thought was best for the game. Which is a big step in the other direction of say ArenaNet, where I feel like the developers have no clue what they're doing in direction and changes they make with GW2.

It was a misstep. But like any good company should, they listened to the fans and tried to rework what I honestly thought was an irreparable game. They pulled a 180 on the game and made it actually, gosh...fun?

Some other companies wouldn't give 2 sh!ts that they released a bomb and would of just brushed it aside and said ok, we'll get it right in our future titles.

Blizzard actually went back and reworked all the major problems and corrected probably 90% of them. I think all they needed was to ditch that tool bag Jay Wilson and the big problem was solved. Got to give Blizz some kudos for that. They would not accept totally sh!tting on one of their AAA titles with respect to the long time fans of the series.

Currently playing: Skyrim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
8. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 15:09 Xero

Holy crap. I completely forgot about this unannounced title/project until this posting. Lol.

I think Blizzard realizes, the MMO market isn't as lucrative as it was during WoW's hayday and basically they would be their own competition if they put out a new title with WoW still the king.

Sure they could pull their customers to the new title and leave WoW dead, but it won't sell with everyone that doesn't want to make the switch.

I was expecting Titan to be some sort of Space MMO to fill the Starcraft fanbase that might of wanted an MMO but that's dead now. I guess Destiny is the closest people can see to that these days (although I've never played it).

I hope Blizzard can get their creative minds back because when you think about it, they only have 3 franchises that they milk to death but have done well with each one. I feel like Heroes of the Storm is the final game that puts all their titles in one and then they go on to create a new IP.

I still have hopes for a Warcraft 4 though! (Wc3 my all time favorite RTS game)

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 10:05 Xero

I think a new PC build is in order soon. Especially in time for GTA5. I'm going on 6 years old with the current build and it's been chugging a long well but it won't be able to handle the next gen titles with newer technology.  

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
4. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 10:29 Xero

I hate to say this but I think the horror genre is nearly dead.
Every single nightmare creation that could be thought of has probably been put out already. It's kind of like a seen that, done that type of deal.

Most games now combine FEAR, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil all in 1. It's kind of a Meh mix up.

This is coming from a hardcore Resident Evil 1 and 2 fan from the PS1 days... I LOVED those titles.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
29. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:33 Xero

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:53:
Xero wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:40:
Why the hell 2 months later? Exclusive is out the window so what gives? That's some serious lame sh!t and doesn't make sense when they could capitalize on the holiday sales. Weird.

Eitherway, stupid move by Rockstar.

You have two pieces of hardware with static innards, and one piece of hardware that could have anything in it. Guess which one gets tested last?

Yeah but there is no way they are still in testing phase that late in the game. Sure there is always testing going on with PC version but that's even after it releases. At this point, the game has to be nearly Gold on all 3 versions together. I can't imagine them still in production phase 2 months to release practically. (speaking of Nov. not now).

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
21. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 11:40 Xero

Why the hell 2 months later? Exclusive is out the window so what gives? That's some serious lame sh!t and doesn't make sense when they could capitalize on the holiday sales. Weird.

Eitherway, stupid move by Rockstar.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
28. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 10:04 Xero

Wow... 35gb?! What the hell does this have to justify? Sound files that large? Perhaps bad compression? What gives?  

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
1. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 14:33 Xero

I see collector edition's are starting to aim towards the super rich these days, lol.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
27. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 8, 2014, 09:13 Xero

Without getting into other what are sports, as far as gaming, no I don't believe it's a sport at all. When a dude 300+ lbs can sit on his ass and win, it's not a sport, lol.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
24. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 15:56 Xero

Based on that trailer, I'm interested in a title that I previously never looked into at all. It has definitely a Homeworld, Supreme Commander vibe. Both games that I tried a little bit of and only moderately got into, yet I'm a pretty big RTS fan. Mostly sticking with the C&C brand and Blizzard titles.
This one has a lot of potential though! I'd definitely like to try a demo and if not, I'll wait until it hits a super low sale.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced
4. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced Sep 2, 2014, 09:17 Xero

Man, this franchise is all over the place. I'll try to preserve my oiginal RE1 and RE2 memories by not attempting anymore of these horrible sequels. They just keep coming and coming. When was Resident Evil OK to not be scary anymore?  

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
10. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 15:35 Xero

Quinn wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 09:53:
Xero wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 08:52:
Quinn wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 03:36:
Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:43:
Man, of all the things to be Lord over, Fallen Trailers seems pretty low on the list...

*badum pssh*

Ok I actually laughed out loud xP

Looking forward to this game! There's enough gameplay trailers, btw! People and even the developers compare this game with Dark Souls. "WRONG!" I say! I've looked at the gameplay trailers and this game is basically the spiritual successor of Severance - Blade of Darkness!
But I've already said that

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that game Severance - Blade of Darkness. Does that show how old we are if we know about it? lol

That was one of my favorite "pirated" games back then, lol. I don't do that stuff anymore though! I'm completely clean!

Ah Severance, I do remember it for it's limb chopping gore goodness, and it did have some slick graphics for it's time. Controls sucked, but most 3rd person games had crappy controls back then. I remember thinking the game was a tougher version of Rune. Ah, the good ole days.

28 years old here And arrrgh you pirated it? That hurts, because this fanboy here (who even got his nickanme "Vinnie the Great" in the special thanks part of the credits!) never forgets the bad news of Rebelact going bankrupt right after their first, fucking epic game That's on you, man! That's on you!

Die By The Sword, haha.. I tried it back in the day but I was either way too young or the controls were way too crappy. That mouse-to-sword thing just didn't work and those evil swines had me for breakfast!

28 years old here also! lol, and sorry about that. I was just a poor kid with no money to buy anything in the stores back then, lol.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
7. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 08:52 Xero

Quinn wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 03:36:
Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:43:
Man, of all the things to be Lord over, Fallen Trailers seems pretty low on the list...

*badum pssh*

Ok I actually laughed out loud xP

Looking forward to this game! There's enough gameplay trailers, btw! People and even the developers compare this game with Dark Souls. "WRONG!" I say! I've looked at the gameplay trailers and this game is basically the spiritual successor of Severance - Blade of Darkness!
But I've already said that

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that game Severance - Blade of Darkness. Does that show how old we are if we know about it? lol

That was one of my favorite "pirated" games back then, lol. I don't do that stuff anymore though! I'm completely clean!

Ah Severance, I do remember it for it's limb chopping gore goodness, and it did have some slick graphics for it's time. Controls sucked, but most 3rd person games had crappy controls back then. I remember thinking the game was a tougher version of Rune. Ah, the good ole days.

News Comments > One Hour of The Evil Within on Video
3. Re: One Hour of The Evil Within on Video Aug 19, 2014, 09:18 Xero

A little Deadspace meets RE. Nothing quite ground breaking here.
On the other hand, doesn't his ass get hot with that light attached to it 24/7???

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
19. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 15, 2014, 12:20 Xero

Cinematic always look great with Blizz. I haven't gone back to WoW since vanilla. I quit right at level 60 although did attempt a trial of BC which didn't convince me enough to get back into it.

Now we are what? 5 expansions since then? The upgraded visuals caught my attention, YET still, I don't think I want to go back. I think when the game eventually becomes F2P based on no more additional content being created, no more expansions, and just leave the game as is, then and only then will I attempt to go back.

I simply do not have the same amount of game time as an adult as I did in my teen years. I prefer games I can just hop into a quick session and get off. If by some chance all these new updates were to hook me into the game and I can't pry myself away, I know the rest of my life as it is will be doomed, rofl.

News Comments > Surgeon Simulator 2013 DLC
1. Re: Surgeon Simulator 2013 DLC Aug 15, 2014, 08:11 Xero

Contemplating buying this considering I've never beaten the FIRST mission, rofl.  

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
7. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:58 Xero

Oh how I loved seeing the Sierra logo whenever my cousin used to load up the classics back on DOS in the 90s. Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, Police Quest, Gabriel Knight. Ahh good memories.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
25. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:40 Xero

That's what Crytek gets for abandoning us PC gamers to the consoles! lol.

Now they want to buy us back with this sh!tty port? No thanks.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
3. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 10:11 Xero

What. The. ****.  

News Comments > The Expendabros
7. Re: The Expendabros Aug 6, 2014, 08:04 Xero

I have no problem with them giving away a free game, HOWEVER, the original BROFORCE title still claims to be in I believe ALPHA when I load it up. So instead of finishing up their original title, they are working on giving away a freebie? WTF.

With that rant out of the way, the game is great fun even in alpha stage with a lot of cool action heroes to play as.

1150 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo