Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1419 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
19. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 08:02 Xero

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:40:
Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:00:
Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.

Nvidia has been trying to fix that for three weeks now, glad to see they're on top of things.

I was referring to the Windows 10 upgrade. The Nvidia drivers installed fine as usual.

I read some fixes to get Windows 10 to install, but didn't try them as I was reading the fixes in bed on my phone. Looks like I could have set the date/time clock forward a day so it tricks Windows in to thinking it's officially the unlock day for all, but I didn't get to try it. Perhaps today it will just install fine.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
10. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 29, 2015, 22:00 Xero

Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released
5. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released Jul 29, 2015, 08:17 Xero

Oh the good times I had when I'd go over to my cousin's house and he'd fire up King's Quest via MS DOS. Good memories. Then when I scored me a CARTRIDGE of King's Quest 5 for NES, it was like I found gold. I would literally beat the game in one sit thru each time I'd fire it up. Loved that game.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
24. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 08:15 Xero

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 02:30:
Fuck Diablo3. They took everything that was good about Diablo2, threw it away, copied shit from WoW, introduced butterfly witches and retarded archangels named 'Imperius', added some more WoW shit, then excreted it out for our gaming pleasure. D3 is seriously Blizzard's worst fail ever. No ammount of fixing will get it anywhere near the quality of even Path of Exile let alone Diablo2:LOD...

This is true. As much as I try to keep going back to D3 since beating it with every class, I just can't. It's so damn boring, whatever they keep adding is good for a week enjoyment maybe and your done and bored again.

I don't remember having that same issue so much with D2. I think because the builds were more serious and solid in that if you made a mistake, it was your fault and pretty much required a restart. It made serious thinking instead of, whoops, hit the wrong skill/spell, let me go back and reselect the correct one. Too easy=boring.

Blizzard would call that, taking frustration out of the game by removing permanent choice. I call that, babying a franchise.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
3. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 09:31 Xero

Oh my oh my. If only I could of pushed myself further to beat Mafia 2 as it had plenty of great moments.

Mafia 1 holds a special place in my heart Smitten I beat it while being fully engrossed by the story and characters. I felt like I was playing a full blown Mafia familia story. Awesome ending to cap it off.

Looking forward to see what they put out with this one.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
13. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 24, 2015, 15:38 Xero

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:05:
Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 08:07:
Man, this exclusive crap is such BS. Do console makers honestly think by holding a title hostage for a few months or a year will make me pay $300-400 for the console just for that title? GTFO.

They honestly don't know what else to do.

The only typical evil greed theory I can think of is that when the title is released the first time, they can lay off all the new hires that they took on to create the initial game. Once it's done and put out, they fire them. Now they have the core build of the game and they in a sense can re-release it a year later and get a whole lot of new revenue and not have all the overhead to pay for it that they initially did. Kind of like a double dip.

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
8. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:19 Xero

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:44:
Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:30:
It's interesting they got themselves into a game like this but I don't dig too much ranged action RPG style games, even if this isn't RPGish.

In Diablo, I think the range classes are the least appealing to me (especially the Demon Hunter), as it's not as fun as getting up close and slashing a demon apart melee combat style.

Although for some reason, mage classes with range spells can be fun at times which is similar idea. I guess seeing thicker ranged damage effects is funner than seeing a tiny bullet or not even seeing the bullet. Thus your just clicking on a creature from far away and seeing it explode. Not that exciting...

I don't know what game you're playing, but pretty much all of the ranged attacks in Diablo 3 have extravagant visual effects.

That is what I said in my post, thus the reasoning for enjoying playing as the Wizard for example. But in this game, when a bullet is simple or not even seen, it's not as fun. It gets tiring quick.

Look at Hatred. I mean that's just an all around bad game, but even made worse by the fact that the shooting in isometric gets old quick.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
3. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 10:53 Xero

Looks like the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 got his own game and it takes place within the expansion act, lol.  

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
4. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 10:30 Xero

It's interesting they got themselves into a game like this but I don't dig too much ranged action RPG style games, even if this isn't RPGish.

In Diablo, I think the range classes are the least appealing to me (especially the Demon Hunter), as it's not as fun as getting up close and slashing a demon apart melee combat style.

Although for some reason, mage classes with range spells can be fun at times which is similar idea. I guess seeing thicker ranged damage effects is funner than seeing a tiny bullet or not even seeing the bullet. Thus your just clicking on a creature from far away and seeing it explode. Not that exciting...

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
10. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 24, 2015, 08:07 Xero

Man, this exclusive crap is such BS. Do console makers honestly think by holding a title hostage for a few months or a year will make me pay $300-400 for the console just for that title? GTFO.

All it does is piss me off more in regards to the consoles and the developers that agree to this nonsense. I mean if the developers don't mind losing out on immediate revenue by holding the title back further, then by all means.

I loved the Tomb Raider reboot (one of the few newer titles I beat), and obviously am looking forward to this one. But this waiting crap sometimes sucks even though in most cases it doesn't bother me.

Hopefully we get a whole slew of DLC's readily available or included when it does hit at least.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
8. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 09:50 Xero

It's funny because this Xbox crap is the main reason I DO NOT look forward to Win10 despite willing to upgrade from Win7. Hey, it's free after all.

But why do they need to migrate Xbox gamers with PC gamers? If I'm a PC gamer, I do not XBONE or want anything to do with it and I'm sure it's likewise with the Xbone users. Why would they want a PC around them when they are xboning?

I know it's similar platform and MS owns both, but that doesn't mean we want to be together! Get that thru your head.

Sony did this with the Z3 Xperia. It would be cool and all if I owned a Playstation 4... Since I do not, the extra features are useless on the phone and I end up chalking this phone to be the worse phone I've ever owned.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 21, 2015, 11:27 Xero

Those dudes kissing the trophy need to seriously get laid, lol.  

News Comments > Valhalla Hills Announced
7. Re: Valhalla Hills Announced Jul 21, 2015, 09:14 Xero

InBlack wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 02:41:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 19:15:
Sigh, why comedic? Why not serious? Sacrifices to the gods! Raids! Raping! Pillaging! Someone needs to make a good serious Viking game. Grand Theft Viking as it were.

Since when have the Grand Theft games been serious? They were always induced with a pretty large ammount of humour and camp. Had they not been, they would have been seriously depressing and fucking morbid to the extreme. Humour in games is good, especially violent murder, theft, crime etc. fantasy simulators....

Yes. Having the right balance is always key in making a fun game and especially when violence is highly on the menu. It helps ground you back to the fact that you are playing a video game and shouldn't be depressed doing it due to a serious tone that is borderline real life.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
12. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 10:56 Xero

This is going to turn into the Duke Nukem Forever of kickstarters, lol  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
19. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 00:10 Xero

This should of come out 5 years ago...  

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
19. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 14:25 Xero

I give Rocksteady kudos for having the cajones to put out a game, so broken, and knowing that it was.

It's like they looked at it with glitches running amass causing them to go cross-eyed and said, "box it up, were ready for shipping!".

News Comments > Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS Hero Revealed
6. Re: Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS Hero Revealed Jul 16, 2015, 08:46 Xero

I'm sure hardcore diehard Starcraft 2 fans love this stuff just as I would have, had Blizzard released a 3rd expansion for Warcraft 3 back in it's prime years.

Nonetheless, the gap is so far between the expansions and from the original game that I forgot what the hell was going on half the time unless I really caught up again and I don't have as much time these days to spend catching up.

Maybe it's good enough with the additions of the gameplay to make it worth it for multiplayer a lone, but I think I'm done with storyline contributions.

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Video
1. Re: Cossacks 3 Video Jul 9, 2015, 11:34 Xero

I still remember the original. Was during my golden years of RTS gaming.

This one reminds me a heck of a lot like Age of Empires 3.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Jul 9, 2015, 11:33 Xero

I suppose the cheaters in the world have no other purpose other than to get their jollies out of ruining legit players gaming experience.

Do they think by cheating, they will be accepted into an elite clan where eventually actual skill is required? How about if that clan were invited to an event and now you have spectators watching your screen? Whatcha gonna do now???

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
29. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 15:58 Xero

What's with all the hate? This looks pretty damn cool.

There is plenty of potential.

1419 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo