Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1284 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
33. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:26 Xero

Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:18:
Okay then. Ordered. I'll pick it up on the way home.

BB also has Heart of the Swarm for 10 bucks. I might buy that too.

I can't believe I'm going to a best buy. First time in years.

The expansion is totally worth it. It's one of the best things Blizzard did to fix Diablo 3. The Crusader class is a blast to play with. While the game eventually gets into it's usual rut where it becomes a tad boring, it's a total blast until you reach that moment, lol.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
32. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:25 Xero

Hahah, I can imagine Diablo 3 in it's early release form where everything was geared to funnel you into the Real Money Auction House.
The Blizzard CEO tells the Diablo 3 devs to play the game and they say, hell no, that game sucks.

lol.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams Mar 6, 2015, 08:01 Xero

Never even played the first but I heard good things about it. A lot people even claimed it as their game of the year. I would definitely like a run thru that one before seeing what this sequel is all about.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 11:21 Xero

BF3 Premium pissed me off. BF4 and all it's DLCs and Premium crap pissed me off worse. I'm done with all future BF games officially.  

News Comments > Trine 3 Announced
3. Re: Trine 3 Announced Mar 2, 2015, 11:16 Xero

As soon as I read this I came here to say, YES, I AM READY! But then I watched the trailer and I'm a tad worried. I understand they want to change it up a bit as the first 2 were similar in a sense, but that wasn't a bad thing. Both are awesome games.

Now they are adding full 360 degree movement in some areas and vertical movement areas. Hopefully it doesn't get too nuts and still manages to be a heck of a lot of physics fun with the addictive gameplay of the first two.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

BTW-Was it just me or did those graphics look cruddy? Taken from console version perhaps?

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Next Month
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Next Month Feb 25, 2015, 16:27 Xero

Looking forward to it.

Had a blast with the original. One of the few games I can say I beat that I own on Steam, lol.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 15:24 Xero

descender wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 15:20:
How do you find it short? Easy, yes... short? Really? Are you just running straight to the quest markers and fast-travelling everywhere without ever dying?

It's a sandbox game so... you are usually responsible for how much time and enjoyment you get out of it based on how you choose to play. If you skip over all of the collectibles and warp around the game world instantaneously... then complain about the length of the game, well... that's just a special brand of stupid.

I think I probably put ~15 hours into just the first map before moving on to the second.

Game difficulty was a major public complaint before I started playing so I have adjusted my play style accordingly. I refuse to fast travel unless I am advancing time (and I actually advance time more often than i need to bulk up the uruks). I haven't purchased a single health/focus or arrow upgrade and I skipped over a few of the more overpowered skill unlocks (Crit II, blade master, double charge, etc). I also haven't unlocked the "super move" for each weapon either, as they just seem ridiculously unnecessary. I also won't use any immunity runes (ex. poison).

I assume that's where my extra playtime is going but... it's not like I'm dying repeatedly or wasting a lot of time wandering into unneeded fights. I collect the white things in each area first, then do the weapon challenges, then clear the slave riots. Once I did all of that I pushed the story markers to get to the second map. Now I'm basically doing the same thing there... I think my total playtime is upwards of 40 hours total at this point.

This. I honestly don't know how much I've spent on the beginning map but I JUST got to the second map. I probably put a good 15 hours into the first map... That was me trying to get everything possible and I still haven't done that to 100%.

If you just rush you way through it and complain, there is no hope for your gaming life. lol

6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 13:52 Xero

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:11:
I really need to get a new vid card to replace my lemon r9 280x. I haven't even finished the main game yet, and I would love to get back into it. I just need to figure out what card to get though.

Runs silky smooth on my 970gtx SC maxed out.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
11. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 11:59 Xero

Never played it on console or watched any videos on youtube just about aside from trailers.

They can take as long as they like for all I care. Looking forward to it but I got plenty to stay busy while I wait

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 11:55 Xero

That is pretty cool. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
43. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 16:03 Xero

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 12:15:
Xero wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 12:11:
YES! Free gaming voucher for GTA5=60 bucks worth, I'm game for that

I think you're being slightly optimistic as to how fast this class action lawsuit will come to fruition.

You might get a voucher for GTA6 though!

lol, sorry, I guess I got caught up in the excitement

23. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 12:11 Xero

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:53:
Jamil20 wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 10:58:
I actually think this probably was some miscommunication between marketing and engineering and not some intentional attempt at deception. That said, the 970 is no slouch. I would like to get one, but the 770 fits the bill for now. Looking forward to Pascal.

Agreed, it'd be a batshit stupid thing to try and intentionally pull off. Too much risk of being caught and too little benefit to try and pull it.

That being said; if Nvidia came up with some sort of freebie program for 970 owners that are a little less future proofed than originally thought it'd go a long way to easing the complaints. It's too minor an issue and I'm too apathetic to demand anything otherwise.

YES! Free gaming voucher for GTA5=60 bucks worth, I'm game for that

14. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:39 Xero

What's the rest of your specs? I built in December a nice rig and got Shadows of Mordor late December. I have to say, it runs smooth as butter maxed out completely at all moments.  

6. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:11 Xero

I love my 970gtx (with the exception of coil whine, damn EVGA) but I'm down to get compensated in anyway, lol.  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
18. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 16:06 Xero

I tried hard to get into this game. I bought the original plus expansion. I think it was the game of the year edition. Still own the original box and discs.

Aside from the awesome graphics back then and hypnotizing music, I had a hard time to get into it. I think it required a wee bit more patience than I typically can put out for a strategy game.

I think it made me realize I'm more of the Blizzard/C&C type of strategy player of 15-20min max games.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
65. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 08:12 Xero

A load of bull.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
8. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 11:47 Xero

I have Just Cause 2 and try to get in to it but it has too many controls. I hate how you have to control each gun individually and reload each one, it's a pain.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concepts and idea of all the crazy stunts you can pull off but the majority of the time I'm trying to remember which key was for what with so many controls.

I know I know, it's probably controller worthy, but I will never succumb to it! lol

News Comments > Ironcast This Month
3. Re: Ironcast This Month Feb 12, 2015, 11:36 Xero

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:33:
grudgebearer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:10:
Love the setting and art, but hate the gameplay. I just can't get into games like this one.
Reminds of Super Puzzle Fighter.

Ditto, lol.

Still probably one of my favorite games to load up when I plug in my Dreamcast every now and then. Very addicting!

News Comments > Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor
7. Re: Rare Vets Plan Banjo-Kazooie Successor Feb 11, 2015, 19:31 Xero

Let's not forget exactly what Rare was behind.

Killer Instinct? Goldeneye? Donkey Kong Country series? Perfect Dark? Banjo? And how can anyone forget? When Rare finally lost their minds...Conker's Bad Fur Day, lol.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings Feb 11, 2015, 11:56 Xero

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 10:03:
@Xero: Considering that this is Blizzard we are talking about here I think you should reconsider using another word to describe the speed at which they will be making new maps and content. "churning" doesnt cut it I think. A more suitable word would be "glacing" IMO. As in what the glaciers do when they move.

Ok, churning wasn't a good word in referring to the speed they move at, but I think quantity and quality should not be an issue over time. They'll get their map base built up with a lot of solid maps that are balanced well.

I just think currently they are snailing with the map production as they have other issues with higher concern than the maps... at the moment.

1284 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo