Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1246 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
5. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 19:45 Xero

Not enough violence. I'll pass.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
32. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 16:47 Xero

I use g2a and hope the keys don't give me any issues in the future. Thus far they've worked great and I got some great deals there.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 Xero

I'm surprised HARDOCP sh!t all over the Corsair CX750 PSU. I bought that last month for my PC build and it runs great. I've had zero problems with it and I'm running pretty heavy loads of hardcore gaming.

I only paid $60 for it when Microcenter had a sale going on so I'm not sure how bad I should feel if it does go bad but thus far I think it was a great deal.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
14. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 21, 2015, 09:42 Xero

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 09:25:
Xero wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 07:52:
Well if you want that, PAY UP.

I have no problem with that, but the rate they are asking for is extremely high compared to other titles in the market. DOTA2 gives you all heroes for free, SMITE has a $30 unlock everything forever option, LoL's bundles and heroes are a lot cheaper and I'm not sure I've seen another lower tier MOBA come anywhere near Blizzard's pricing.

But this is Blizzard we are talking about. The people that still charge $15/month for an MMO, have an extremely player unfriendly business model for their CCG, charge you $15-25 to run a stored procedure in aforementioned MMO and have rediculously priced digital items for sale in their store. And they get away with all of this, making tons of money.

So yeah... I guess this is to be expected from them because they know they can get away with it.

I understand that but again, that is up to you if your too impatient and have to fork out the $$$ rather than earn the unlocks. The heroes are rotated randomly for free which can be annoying or refreshing depending how you look at it.
I for one love to unlock stuff so I would never pay to get things that could be earned for free, but to each his own.

If you must pay and think it's too high of a price, that's on you.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
28. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 21, 2015, 09:21 Xero

Wolf going for 17 bucks on G2a.com

Think I'll wait it out a bit longer but I've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 21, 2015, 07:52 Xero

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:04:
You mean I can pay money right now to test your game for you!? Fucking sign me up!

I lol'd with this comment.

The idea is correct, you basically are paying to test a game as it's not complete yet... With that said, even the game in Alpha, it was probably 90% more complete/stable than many others that release in COMPLETED status. So I guess that is the difference between Blizz and the others.

On the other hand, balancing is always an on-going gig that will go on well after the game comes out because there are always abused and overpowered abilities that need constant tuning and nerfing.

If you can see past the games bundles, skins, mounts, and colors, and just play the game as is, you might find there is a ton of content for...free. The problem are LAZY people that want it all accessed immediately. Well if you want that, PAY UP.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 15:48 Xero

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:15:
The true horror is trying to play this on KB+M. It's about as horrifying as I suspected so I'll really have to haul ass and find a cheap gamepad.

Still worth it though. Ink ribbons!

I did the same to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on the PC. Bolted out to Walmart and Steel Series was my choice of cheapness and it makes me feel weird. I regret the purchase because it's such a shitty gamepad, but at the same time, it didn't break the bank. Paid like $10 bucks for it at Walmart...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 14:50 Xero

lol, perhaps too much hype/advertising on a 17 year old title? lol

I'll pick it up when it drops to around $5-10 bones. My new spending limit is $20 and the game has to be crazy worth it for me to dish out $20.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 10:54 Xero

I picked it up a few days ago for 15 bucks and think it's a great game. The production values are very high and it brings back the good times I had with Monolith games such as Shogun and No One Lives Forever 1&2.

They are a high quality underrated developer.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 15:06 Xero

I got a NZXT for my PC build last month although not the exact same as this one, very similar. No front bays, 3 fans instead with a removable front door to clean the filter. The case hides the PSU along with all the cables underneath and behind the mobo. A very clean, slick look and I get compliments from all my nerdy friends.

This review listing actually got me to buy the be quiet! Pure Rock CPU cooler. I've been looking into a CPU cooler for some time without going water cooling and just enough to give my stock fan/heatsink on my i7 a cooler boost. I think this should suffice. My biggest gripe with previous coolers I read about was that I would have to remove my motherboard for the installation. F that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 09:20 Xero

Early access is just taking pre-order to the worse level. Rather than pre-order the game so the developer/publisher knows they got your money, they release a non-complete/finished title be it alpha form or worse and let you be a part of the game in all it's sh!tty glory to the finish line.

Then while you complain of what a horrible experience it is and give up on it, others will have full enjoyment of the title when it's completed and playable as was originally planned having not burnt themselves out on the sh!tty state of the early pre-release.

It is an industry just out for your $$$, regardless of your experience.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
8. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 19, 2015, 07:53 Xero

lol, the ONLY way it wouldn't be completely consolized is if they do in fact include updated controls. Of course tank controls are the original that started in what? 1996?

I would still like to see how it would play with an updated set that lets you move in the direction you point. Actually, Nocturne if anyone remembers that horror PC game I believe had tank controls mixed with full 360 degree aim movement with the mouse and utilized laser pointers on the guns to assist with knowing just where the hell you were pointing them considering the locked camera angles.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
4. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 19:31 Xero

Any confirmation on updated controls or tank controls are it?  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 18, 2015, 14:46 Xero

Can we get an updated Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast already?  

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
8. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 16, 2015, 23:28 Xero

Sounds like Robocop in the 80s. Got multiple X ratings when the movie didn't have much sexual scenes but rather for it's ultra violence.

Not much different here!

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
28. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 15:41 Xero

The only expectation I saw met in Watch Dogs was the main character ran around in a trench coat with cloth physics which was something new and incredible to console kids.

Mean while I was doing that years ago in Mafia 2. lol

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
12. Re: MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers Jan 16, 2015, 09:54 Xero

I'm shivering right now  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
25. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 16, 2015, 09:25 Xero

Any award shows/programs are just paid off advertising for companies. It's all opinionated at the end. So 1 doesn't win but the other does, does that make the first a shitty game? No, in fact some might think the opposite of the winners and nominees. It's just a matter of opinions and having the right muscle behind the vote.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
24. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 08:14 Xero

Looking forward to Hotline Miami 2. Miami 1 was one of the few titles I actually completed to the end, lol.
Had a lot of fun playing it so I look forward to this one even if it would be almost equal to an expansion.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
14. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 11:27 Xero

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:06:
Xero wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:57:
Wish I got a demo to see otherwise!

There's a beta, but I've not heard anything positive about it, either.

Is the beta available to everyone?

1246 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo