Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1398 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
14. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 20:06 Xero

Was I the only one that read Battlefield 1942 remake plans? lol  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 27, 2015, 17:33 Xero

I want this game but I refuse to buy early access games as it's like alpha/beta testing with $$$. Hopefully this gets out of early access soon.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Battleborn E3 Trailer
1. Re: Battleborn E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 14:34 Xero

What in the hell did I just watch? Whose copying who at this point? Overlord and this look like duplicates. What's going on here?  

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
11. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 16:17 Xero

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 16:05:
saluk wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:05:
Sadly the result may be, let's just not release on pc at all because it's too easy for people to get refunds.

This is my huge fear, and i'm fucking stunned hardly anyone seems to realize this. I'd rather like it to be like the old days, one major fuck up port here and there.. another game needing a big patch every now and then.. It sucked but hey, worth the sacrifice of being a PC gamer.

With this refund shit, every impatient fucking moron can just press the refund button any time and my god will it hurt developers more and more before the gaming community will see the fruits of it -- if they ever will and not get completely abandoned first.

I see your point, but I also don't see how these companies shouldn't be punished for putting out pre-tested games that look like they never would of passed QC? People are spending their hard earned money on these games and expect to be satisfied almost immediately upon going into the game and playing. Why have to deal with so much bs? Yeah it hurts for refunds, but it also hurts people that pay hard earn money for an unfinished product that didn't meet expectations.

In a sense your saying, let's say it's OK for them to push out unpolished products and be rewarded for it. By issuing refunds, this will make developers and publishers think twice about rushing out a product or going cheapo with shoddy outsourcing companies. Hey, at least test the product the outsourcing company finished before saying it's OK, make it the gold copy...

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
4. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 Xero

Malachii wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:15:
Same. I play a ton and then realize there's no real point. Need another xpac with higher level cap imo. Each time they tease with this new content I get excited, but realize it's just a carrot.

This does sound like a great patch though. Man, if you didn't play it at all and started the game fresh now, the bang for your buck would be fantastic.

Also gotta hand it to Blizz, putting the kind of support into this that we only dream other titles had. The initial purchase and xpac has been a heck of a value.

My same feelings. You are just progressing thru whatever new content they dumped with the patch and once you either get bored of it or to the end of it, your back to either wanting more or wondering what was the point.
I suppose I get this feeling with most ARPG's though. The only fix I think would really help me get the drive again is an entirely new expansion with new class and act. I think most are burnt out of what's available now.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 10:35 Xero

This is what happens when companies outsource to save costs. Down with outsourcing! I deal with this shieeet everyday at my job. My company going down the toilet as well.

You want to cut people's salaries or jobs and outsource, well this is what you get as the return product. Glad to see such a f**k job was done.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 10:15 Xero

Wow, with a response like that, did ANYONE at Rocksteady actually attempt the PC version from the company they outsourced the port to???? Holy crap that's bad.

Ummm, we don't know what went wrong or what to do, in the meantime, set all your graphics to low while we talk to the outsourcing company to see what went wrong. Terrible.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 10:10 Xero

Careful, don't let the console boys see too much PC footage.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video
10. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 Video Jun 24, 2015, 08:00 Xero

Some of you guys complain too damn much. The original was loads of fun. I played it until I had 100% completion. Can't wait for this one.

Looks like a lot of the same which for me wasn't a bad thing. I enjoyed everything about Tomb Raider(most recent one). Normally snow environments aren't my thing but it looks like it won't only be snow based on the end of the video. Bring this one on!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video
4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Video Jun 23, 2015, 14:47 Xero

Looks like it could of been a hardcore expansion to the original Shadow Warrior remake but I'll take it packaged as a sequel either way. Has the same mindless run and gun fun of the first.

I still have to get around to beating it, but it's a lot of fun.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
58. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 08:51 Xero

Don't know much about this game as I never heard of it, but a quick shot over to the Steam page and at the reviews, most are negative, lol.

Can't imagine where they went wrong either!

News Comments > Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster
5. Re: Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster Jun 17, 2015, 07:59 Xero

A new Rollercoaster Tycoon? I'm so down. I wonder what changes they are going to bring aside from a graphical improvement...

The original Rollercoaster Tycoon gave me too many hours of park building. Tons of fun in that game. Wasn't so into the 3rd one even though they went 3D. I'm hoping this one is a lot better.

News Comments > EITR Announced
3. Re: EITR Announced Jun 16, 2015, 12:23 Xero

Actually, I kind of like it.  

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
26. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 08:13 Xero

Looks awesome. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
4. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 10:23 Xero

Hey! That looks just like my VW GTI steering wheel! I can either buy this thing, or go outside and jump in my car... Yeah, no thx Logitech. Love your mice and keyboards, but not this.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 07:45 Xero

Highly enjoyed the first one despite not beating it. I even got the original classic just to see what it was all about and they did upgrade it slightly with better controls and smooth graphics vs the retro look. Still highly enjoyable.

I'm all down for a sequel to the remake.

News Comments > Burstfire Announced
3. Re: Burstfire Announced Jun 10, 2015, 11:38 Xero

Based on how much enjoyment I got out of Hawken, I won't have high hopes for this one either.  

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
17. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 9, 2015, 09:26 Xero

pagb wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 14:39:
Also with framerate drops?

That wasn't framerate drops, that was giving you a chance to dodge 50 bullets all over the screen! lol

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Trailer
5. Re: Resident Evil 0 Trailer Jun 9, 2015, 08:30 Xero

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 06:32:
Welcome to 1997.

Seriously, what the hell is with the appalling graphics? This makes Fallout 4 look nearly not terrible.

You must of forgot this is an HD remake and not much else? Basically they are doing this for new players to attempt and get into the older games by giving them a little update. They aren't doing a full on remake because that would be too costly. Rather a simple face simple and easy money.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 15:04 Xero

I probably will skip this game as I have the first 2 and never got too much into them. 1 was given free from an earlier graphic card purchase and the other I believe I got for almost free from a sale so I didn't care.

But having new technologies that are PC based is always a plus. It gives us more ammunition in the long going PC-Console debate, and I always support more bells and whistles for PC gaming regardless if they make the system crawl or not. You can always turn them off if you can't handle them.

I honestly don't know how you can complain about new tech in a game aside from believing the game itself will suck? Why the hell PC game if your not going to take advantage of the fact that we get everything first before the consoles in terms of technology? If you don't like it, stick with consoles, or simply turn them off. Nobody is limiting you to 1 configuration LIKe the consoles...

1398 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo