Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1481 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM in May
36. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 20:15 Xero

After playing quite a bit of Brutal Doom which perhaps inspired some of this one, I am actually looking forward to mindless run and gun shooting with tons of monsters everywhere. That is after all, classic style Doom. I will so not miss the pick up an item and wait for the monster to spawn behind you bs that was Doom 3.

For those that think this is too basic, well, your not old school enough to understand.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
31. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 21:46 Xero

I'm absolutely speechless at the graphic astonishment of the game. The moment I went into Syria and saw her face and all the lighting effects, my jaw dropped.

Without a doubt has to be the top current graphic game with all bells and whistles running.

I'm also happy that my year old build that includes a 970gtx runs it smooth as butter with nearly every setting on very High.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Atari Vault Announced
8. Re: Atari Vault Announced Jan 22, 2016, 16:10 Xero

There gonna sell each one individually like the Sega Arcade does and price each one at 10 bucks.  

News Comments > John Romero's New DOOM Level
10. Re: John Romero's New DOOM Level Jan 16, 2016, 09:55 Xero

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 22:41:
Romero makes you his BITCH with a new level!!!!

I think this would of been amazing if it read,

Romero takes making you his BITCH to a whole NEW level!

News Comments > Free Omikron: The Nomad Soul
3. Re: Free Omikron: The Nomad Soul Jan 16, 2016, 00:58 Xero

I still own the original with the box.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
15. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 09:43 Xero

This game looks lame. Although watch me pick it up for 5 bucks one day. Why couldn't they just set it Jurassic time period with all our favorite dinos? How hard is it to get a company to throw in dinosaurs and not give us futuristic weaponry or ultra fast gameplay for once?

Anyone remember Trepesser? Yes, very raw and unpolished, but the idea was there, and I don't think anyone has attempted a similar game since.

How hard is it to drop us on a decent survival island scenario with dinosaurs on it and we use limited weapons that can be found on the island as we explore it? Although a big budget to produce and develop would be handy because some of these indie titles that could probably do it, probably won't have the same affect as such if Ubi backed it or the likes.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Handier
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets Handier Jan 8, 2016, 13:42 Xero

I discovered them last night out of the blue and was happily surprised. They are actually very detailed and the terrorist side with the leather gloves, they actually do look like leather at various angles and lighting.
It's a small enhancement that goes a long way since we stare at that all day in-game.

Now if only they could fix the ranking system...

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
15. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 16:04 Xero

Looking forward to this one! Had a blast with the last one.  

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
7. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 2, 2016, 20:03 Xero

Wow... Just played 2 levels worth. Amazing fun. It plays like Duke Nuken 3D in the DOOM world. Updated controls that include crouching, jumping, and mouse look of course. Everything is real smooth and ultra fast. Love the style. Can't believe it's free, lol (provided you got the DOOM games).  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
19. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 22:55 Xero

OooOoH, exclusivity! Like, it would actually convince me to go out and buy a damn console for 1 f**kin game. Get real.

I'll wait it out patiently, get extra HD content, packs, DLCs thrown in and whatever, just for not buying it on console early.

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
11. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 23:02 Xero

I just picked this game up today on Steam and had no idea about this mod. The game already looks mind blowing and I can run all the cool hair effects. Not sure I want to push it though. I'm single card 970gtx and it's running everything on Ultra pretty damn solid so far. Got to say, it's definitely up there with technological achievements in a game. So much damn detail. Makes me feel like I'm playing the fantasy world version of GTA5.
I've yet to get anywhere pretty much though to give my thoughts on the game though.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
5. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 15:36 Xero

Looks awesome! I'm so happy to see this series always standing up on it's own despite some people throwing out the GTA comparisons to it and what not.
To me, Mafia always held up on it's own due to the art direction, awesome storyline, and time period. I also always felt it's shootouts and firefights were also highly enjoyable in many instances within the first two games. This one looks like it will be no different.
Looking forward to it!

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Friday
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Friday Dec 16, 2015, 20:44 Xero

Can anyone chime in if this game is worth it? Was a big fan of Mad Max. Not so big of a fan of Just Cause 1 or 2 but I think 2 had potential despite just not getting into it. Maybe I had too many games going on at the time I tried it.
But the price is dropping on it and wondering if worth a buy?

News Comments > Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto
10. Re: Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto Dec 12, 2015, 01:23 Xero

Oh, and with that said, I would totally be down for a remake of practically the same game, with less bugs and of course updated graphics/tech to take advantage of today's hardware.

The game had all the fun elements of a 3rd person run and gun shooter with some neat, easy strategy elements mixed in at various times. Multi was a blast too.

News Comments > Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto
8. Re: Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto Dec 12, 2015, 01:21 Xero

The game kind of went from tons of fun playing Meccs, to OK/frustrating as the Sea Reaper, and then by the time you got to play the Giant, you were just kind of restless and wanted to grow the Giant to destroy everything in it's path. The issue was that wait period of playing as the Giant in single player. Unless of course you jumped straight into multi and tried him out that way.

I can't deny, I had great fun with the game when it hit. Had it pre-ordered too...

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gun Nerfed
12. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gun Nerfed Dec 11, 2015, 18:29 Xero

I read an article that stated why e-Sports can never be considered a sport and this was the key reason being. Your skill is based on the data the company sets down and it is what they want it to be.
If your awesome with 1 particular weapon lets say and it's due to an overpower or technical issue in design, the company can just make the adjustment and gone.
Sure, you can get awesome at a particular game and become great, but in the end, it's the developers that have the final say on how great you can become based on what they want to tweak.

I feel this issue was moreso the developers wanted to create more headlines and get a little CS GO news headlines by adding a new gun but making it absurd enough that you would talk about it. Mission accomplished. After reeling in enough new players/old players, they correct the issue and hope new players/old players stick around a bit longer.

News Comments > Shadwen Announced
2. Re: Shadwen Announced Dec 4, 2015, 21:24 Xero

What... the hell... is this?

No no no, this can't be the same FrozenByte that did Trine. No, no, no! I will not accept it!

Was Trine 3 really the foresight of the direction of the company? A sudden shift of what I thought was a great take on the platform genre with Trine 1 and 2?

This looks horrendous. /endrant

News Comments > Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin
8. Re: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Free on Origin Nov 28, 2015, 20:21 Xero

Game installs fine but runs FUBAR. At 1024by768 it had bad color distortion and basically blew up. I left it at 800by600 and while this actually got it to work upon loading a skirmish map, the game speed was glitched to super slow, not to mention it looked like ass on my widescreen that doesn't go that low in resolution, lol.

Definite skip. Crazy what has become of one of my all time favorite RTS games when I was younger

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
9. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 25, 2015, 21:32 Xero

I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
13. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:54 Xero

I'm happy. My PC specs blow the recommended away.  

1481 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo